The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,131
Views: 2,131
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

From these people... Old Time Computer I wish i had the moolah to splash out on something like this for my own set up.

FireMoon
replies: 5 views: 768
yor 22nd April 2011

After a little research i have pretty much decided on purchasing a 'FMR 8380 Really Nice Pre' as my choice of mic pre/intrument...

dialectic
replies: 43 views: 18,908
elegentdrum 22nd April 2011

HEy Folks! I'm finally a close to the realization of my album , a jazz quartet. My piano player is leaving in a few weeks...

Toprale
replies: 14 views: 636
dcrigger 22nd April 2011

My way of seeing it, Recording hot or not: My gutt tells me that there will be lower resolution when I record the vocals low, and...

m&m's
replies: 77 views: 13,712
FFTT 22nd April 2011

I travel alot and produce on the road. I some need advise on foldable headphones. I do all mixing in a studio later, so they dont...

D3PO
replies: 2 views: 644
portishead 22nd April 2011

I want to use my MacBook Pro 13" for recording. I want to connect my UA 2192 converter to it via the Toslink. Is there a...

Rick Shepherd
replies: 7 views: 746
therealbigd 22nd April 2011

I am thinking about buying this SoundCraft K2 40-8-3 console. Do you know it or have you heard of it? What's the quality of...

Sugarman
replies: 4 views: 3,924
Nightingale_Sys 22nd April 2011

Here's a video that shows some innovative applications for stereo ring modulation using two Moog MF-102 (Moogerfooger) ring...

ExperimentalSyn
replies: 1 views: 586
cdog 22nd April 2011

I want to change audio interface. I have been using an Apogee DUET but because some problems/erros the unit had I want to get rid...

monk_mingus
replies: 2 views: 2,734
TrenchRun 22nd April 2011

I know nuendo can open cubase project files, but can it also save them? For example, if I were to record a session in nuendo,...

Damien Heck
replies: 4 views: 1,189
jimmib 22nd April 2011

dear gearslutz, i have been constructing my studio for some time now, and it's almost done... so it's time to focus on gear! i...

Soupnotsea
replies: 8 views: 744
narcoman 22nd April 2011

Here are the connections I'm working with: I searched and troubleshooted and can't figure this out. Am used to analog...

old ghost
replies: 3 views: 1,022
hereticskeptic 21st April 2011

Hey y'all. I am a fan of the reverse reverb effect. I use in my productions but it never sounds as clean as I hear it on...

gritzildino
replies: 5 views: 1,439
mbvoxx 21st April 2011

im looking for some really good synths to create music.. i write and create music with a michael jackson/lady gaga/prince...

jtabbott8
replies: 0 views: 455
jtabbott8 21st April 2011

WOW! What happened to Soundclick? It use to be a nice quiet place for "MUSICIANS" to file unlimited amounts of...

Mad John
replies: 24 views: 1,428
TonyBelmont 21st April 2011

I have acquired 2 pairs of Mackie hdr624 speakers (4 in total) and I am wondering the best place to position them. I am...

Nick Adams
replies: 18 views: 1,803
Smithcok 21st April 2011

Monday 4/25 11:00am Cambridge Sound Studios will host this months Philadelphia Recording Community event. Open to all and it's...

Jamz
replies: 2 views: 918
drmmrboy 21st April 2011

Hey there, if I wanted to write a song, not parody, but humorous, and refer to dating a celebrity (implied joke) with proper...

Jomega
replies: 9 views: 2,042
Jomega 21st April 2011

I'm thinking of pursuing a degree in either Music Production or Music Business/Management...but as far as I know, the only...

tektonic
replies: 10 views: 2,675
fastlanestoner 21st April 2011

Can't seem to find any thread with a review of the MOTU Audio Express 6x6 Hybrid UBS/Firewire. Does anyone own it and/or have...

home_musician
replies: 0 views: 2,441
home_musician 21st April 2011

Hello Slutz, Today I wanted to open a thread discussing the need for a conversion box/rack that could provide AEs with...

TheDevilLokius
replies: 0 views: 488
TheDevilLokius 21st April 2011

I think this things awesome. Im not aware of any other similar plugs. Are there any guys. Cheers

pingu
replies: 17 views: 12,204
FreshSkweez 21st April 2011

This is just a post out of frustration. I've mixed these songs for a rapper's mix tape and there is one song that is just...

xcolbeyx
replies: 47 views: 3,392
The Real MC 21st April 2011

Bought the T-Racks 3 mastering Suite, which you can use individual plugs in you DAW. Looking for opinions for using these plugs...

rochesterDude
replies: 4 views: 665
rochesterDude 21st April 2011

Hmm, I'm not a big fan of tuning things to death, but perhaps using tuning software on an electric bass track is ideal. It just...

PEImatrix
replies: 15 views: 2,356
Protools Guy 21st April 2011

Ready to pull the trigger on a new mic. I'm looking for the best vocal mic I can get for $1500 - $1800 My go to mic has been a...

5TO36
replies: 4 views: 559
5TO36 21st April 2011

Hey guys I have a bit of a situation. Right now am using the newish AVID converters, the analog 16x16. I'm moving from ITB to a...

KennyS
replies: 1 views: 504
Smithcok 21st April 2011

Hey Guys There have been a lot of threads about online UPS units, what to put on them, what not (I think I even started one a...

adamlloyd
replies: 7 views: 2,639
adamlloyd 21st April 2011

Seeking some advice on a mixing solution for a newly acquired Ampex MM1100 16 track. Right now my budget is in the $3k-$4k...

chrisrulesmore
replies: 16 views: 1,945
chrisrulesmore 21st April 2011

The main difference being that one has DSP, which if I understand correctly, takes some pressure off the CPU? So if I am working...

Andy_1138
replies: 6 views: 1,113
Andy_1138 21st April 2011

Watching TV now (TLC) and I can't stand how supercompressed everything is. All the speech is just clicky and squashed, everything...

Savagery
replies: 13 views: 856
John Willett 21st April 2011

YouTube - Katy Perry - E.T. (Studio Acapella) I love the way this vocals sound. They are a bit over compress but they still...

John Z
replies: 1 views: 697
japancakes 21st April 2011

I have a couple of acoustic guitars with no onboard EQ or volume controls. Both have pickups though. I'm trying to solve the...

latenightsavoy
replies: 0 views: 412
latenightsavoy 21st April 2011

Does anybody compare the small splitters. Some verified tests? Actually I am use the radial js2 for 2 pre on one mike, but now I...

Silberberg
replies: 1 views: 569
Silberberg 21st April 2011

Here's the deal. i had a session in my studio the other day and realized that it was time for me to get a better headphone amp...

Toprale
replies: 1 views: 1,085
Toprale 21st April 2011

Sound Devices released their Windows ASIO driver for the USBPre 2 Today. Just wanted to get the word out as I'm really enjoying...

musicbydesign
replies: 7 views: 2,614
TurboJets 21st April 2011

I've got 10+ hours (4 tracks) of recorded audio on an Alesis ADAT HD24. I tried taking out the hard drive (IDE) and using an...

TSnake
replies: 6 views: 4,028
TSnake 21st April 2011

hello: i am running the 64-bit version of sonar x1 on win7/64 and have read some great things about the new waves cla bundles....

jaschoon
replies: 2 views: 1,297
jaschoon 21st April 2011

I set everything at +4. All of the ensembles inputs and outputs. The Dbox is also set to +4. I am just playing one kick...

xenomachino
replies: 1 views: 698
Smithcok 21st April 2011

Hello Does anyone know of somebody who could help troubleshooting/Fix my studio re electric magnetic interference in New York...

Ivandovich
replies: 1 views: 490
Geoff_T 21st April 2011

Looking for some analog summing but there is su much on the market nowadays. So i was thinking of an x-rack with an orpheus. Is...

datafeist
replies: 3 views: 551
Petrus 21st April 2011

Hi all, Been doing a few mixoffs and stuff lately and really enjoying it. It's a breath of fresh air to be working on someone...

jimcroisdale
replies: 21 views: 1,720
jimcroisdale 21st April 2011
replies: 101 views: 16,126
Tomiboy 21st April 2011

Hey guys. My studio is looking into upgrading their Pro Tools system. They are currently running HD 7.3 with PCI cards on a...

Bedlam Sound
replies: 14 views: 2,024
planet red 21st April 2011

I'm sure you have better ones but I'm currently trying to sort out a song in which the guitars were tracked on the same day as...

Christopher Bay
replies: 43 views: 3,572
Boschen 21st April 2011

Hey folks, just want to have your opinion on "renting plug-ins" (or software/Daw in general). I've seen the Waves...

PeterN
replies: 4 views: 732
WhiteSheets 21st April 2011

Recently my masterlink had an HDCD error and wouldn't burn red-book cd's so I checked the forums and ended up re-formatting the...

swingkatz
replies: 2 views: 448
Ben B 21st April 2011

...(cue SFX drum roll)..... Multiband compression. For super smooth control of harsh or sibilant vocals.

Dayo
replies: 1 views: 510
RiF 21st April 2011

For ages now I have been buying pieces of gear left right and centre, on a budget scale now and not really getting anywhere I'm...

Deleted 6ccb844
replies: 10 views: 846
Eli Resnick 21st April 2011

I'm feel like I'm getting to the point of wanting to talk about anything OTHER than GEAR or MUSIC. Like, if I can't learn...

uncle muscles
replies: 5 views: 739
Macky 21st April 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search