The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

For infusing "analog" into your mixes, which do you guys prefer? I know that the Slate VCC has a bit more options and...

OceanMan
replies: 8 views: 6,986
nst7 15th April 2011

This is such a silly question.....but..... Is D/A conversion mostly for monitoring (listening on your Speakers)? Example: Lets...

bryan k
replies: 16 views: 1,842
Trakworx 15th April 2011

I have a record coming in and i feel it's time for an upgrade. This record has potential to be my first mix on radio, so i want...

Styles
replies: 9 views: 1,527
Styles 15th April 2011

Title is pretty self explanatory. I don't want to shell on cash on a dedicated midi interface if I can just use a Padkontrol...

press tone
replies: 0 views: 545
press tone 15th April 2011

Thinking my next pre will be a Vinetch x73i. For mixing is anyone running tracks through a vintech for some color? Curious if so...

czarthp
replies: 9 views: 1,330
japancakes 15th April 2011

Hi all, I have this VOX acoustic which is deff not a serenader. Can anyone give me any info on it. It sounds very thin but...

dj.quash
replies: 2 views: 948
casey campbell 15th April 2011

This may be a tired question, but I did some searching and am not convinced I know the answer yet. So please forgive me in...

baumm
replies: 0 views: 1,061
baumm 15th April 2011

Don't know why I didn't see this before. Thanks to member lucaswbl for pointing this out to me! EQ Magazine Article...

Sounds Great
replies: 40 views: 7,028
Spaced 15th April 2011

Let me preface this post by saying that I will be buying USED gear from Craigslist/Ebay. No new equipment because I most likely...

istealhotelsoap
replies: 0 views: 757
istealhotelsoap 15th April 2011

I know theres a million clone/mod threads, I've heard some of the comparisons of the V67g, I've also heard good stuff about...

Jomega
replies: 0 views: 1,375
Jomega 15th April 2011

Looking to expand the inputs on my Ensemble without having to spend another 2 grand on another Ensemble. Been reading some...

xenomachino
replies: 2 views: 1,818
xenomachino 15th April 2011

I bought a pair of KRK Vxt 8s from guitar center . I got a great price b/c they are floor models . I noticed that someone ( most...

oulablank
replies: 7 views: 3,857
Aeolian 15th April 2011

Hard to describe in the headline - But what I mean is: One thing I find very hard is when I have to fix small balances in a...

hollow
replies: 2 views: 551
steveschizoid 15th April 2011

If I copy a session (PT), audio/fade etc files and all, and clear all unused audio from this copy -- not just removing from...

jsbeeth
replies: 2 views: 508
jsbeeth 15th April 2011

Hi, I need to get some heat shrink tubing for typical twin core and screen audio installation cable. This is for making up TRS...

Seventies man
replies: 0 views: 586
Seventies man 15th April 2011

So I'm looking for a TDIF to Analog converter to use for a DM3200 console to bring more outputs out of the console. Who makes...

slproductions01
replies: 3 views: 3,400
steverispin 15th April 2011

Just curious if anyone ever uses the sm7 in a live setting for vocals?

Shannon Adkins
replies: 10 views: 2,545
Shannon Adkins 14th April 2011

Does anyone know of someone who can work on a control 24 in the UK? I have one of the very early models which has went to sh%t...

fifthflaw
replies: 2 views: 449
fifthflaw 14th April 2011

You dont see much talk about these DI's. Anyone own one? Are they decent? Thanks,

musical5
replies: 1 views: 638
musical5 14th April 2011

I wonder if that is possible and useful, my aim is to add some warmth, color and character. I have a Digi 003 rack (4 line...

Red Baron
replies: 6 views: 1,918
Red Baron 14th April 2011

I'd like to charge hourly starting at around 50/hour, minimum of 3 hour booking. My usual income is teaching, which I charge...

DeyBwah
replies: 4 views: 4,272
[email protected] 14th April 2011

Hey All, Does anyone have any tricks or tips they could share to lessen/block the noise of my lap top fan. I'm doing some mixing...

MattMoorman
replies: 9 views: 1,402
MattMoorman 14th April 2011

Hi there, I have just got a focusrite 16, installed it, but every time i try to open it in cubase 5 i get the windows blue...

paulpod
replies: 22 views: 8,081
Big_Bang 14th April 2011

ya'll sluts :) if you want to use a microphone into an awful small vocal booth(to rec main vocal), which would you choose? I ask...

andy3
replies: 12 views: 2,580
Yoda117 14th April 2011

There has to be some limitations in designing for 500 series units. Especially the power supply and maybe even transformers. If...

PikesPeak
replies: 12 views: 1,199
nosebleedaudio 14th April 2011

So i am a novice. I can not find any good threads/aricals or anything on better then avrage a/d converters. Can any one point me...

gtzack4
replies: 10 views: 713
skiltrip 14th April 2011

Is anyone doing this? I got a HD3 system and am using the Command 8 as a controller. I'd like to move up in the controller and...

PikesPeak
replies: 0 views: 1,104
PikesPeak 14th April 2011

So, I've worked in dozens of studios over the years, and recently I've noticed that more and more of them are using the Hear...

benhallen
replies: 23 views: 5,474
RCM - Ronan 14th April 2011

I have a litle project studio and working with client. Atm I'm running a pc with xp and using the fireface 800 as my main...

Tachy
replies: 3 views: 433
Tachy 14th April 2011

e609 mic..

Hey everyone, Last night I was recording a guitar amp and tried the Sennheiser e609 out. I have always used a SM57 for the...

Glenn Kuras
replies: 35 views: 8,083
dlmorley 14th April 2011

Hello all, I have been searching the forums for a while and haven't had much luck in solving this one...Looking for some helpful...

bmaj7
replies: 2 views: 582
bmaj7 14th April 2011

Transferring some drum tracks from tape into PT tonight and I have a Fairchild at my disposal. I recorded the OH with a Coles...

brill bedroom
replies: 0 views: 663
brill bedroom 14th April 2011

Hey guys, I have just bought a focusrite saffire 56 but I can't find out how to connect it to my rode K2. The rode K2...

Hastify
replies: 1 views: 1,117
Arthur Stone 14th April 2011

I understand this may be a long shot but here we go. I have the sole responsibility of mixing my bands demo CD for prospective...

PJD3
replies: 4 views: 739
wwittman 14th April 2011

I keep getting drummers asking me for more snap on the snare. I'm not personnaly a fan of ridiculously snappy snares so I haven't...

Rufuss Sewell
replies: 66 views: 16,033
ears2thesky 14th April 2011

Hello, what is the difference btw unbalanced TRS and Unbalanced TS? Thx :)

andy3
replies: 2 views: 774
andy3 14th April 2011

ATM I'm totally ITB with a clever mixing layout in Logic 9, having 8 busses, high quality drum samples, the glue as a drum...

Noise Commander
replies: 3 views: 1,063
Doc Mixwell 14th April 2011

I work recording live shows at venues around town. My boss is the owner of the recording studio and we are sub-contracted by a...

hepcat
replies: 36 views: 2,464
mpod 14th April 2011

Is there anything inherently wrong about buying a live console for studio use? They are much cheaper I've noticed, even for the...

witchfeet
replies: 7 views: 744
Andy Hamm 14th April 2011

I want a 2 track reel to reel possibly portable opinions my good people

HOTC
replies: 1 views: 724
RevoltStudios 14th April 2011

Hello all! Thank you for reading my thread. I hope that someone can help me! I daisychained a 896hd and a 8pre via...

Gerd
replies: 3 views: 1,497
Gerd 14th April 2011

Hey guys, First post. I'd like to get a USB audio interface as opposed to an analog preamp, due to the additional amount of...

Michael Rophone
replies: 4 views: 5,167
ivansc 14th April 2011

If I would use a BF fairchild on a vocalchannel distorted a bit with the inputcontrol quite high, would that clip the triminput...

chilli
replies: 0 views: 618
chilli 14th April 2011

I moved to Mac because of problems with Windows and am really loving the Mac Pro... I've installed Pro Tools 9, and tons of...

musicbydesign
replies: 7 views: 1,444
musicbydesign 14th April 2011

Hey guys! I just bout a Soundtracs 16-8-16 for my modest home set-up. I am looking for a pdf manual and / or schematics as it...

Robert King
replies: 11 views: 6,925
MS20 14th April 2011

I'm using ProTools LE 8.0.3. I have a macbookpro i5 OS X 10.6.4. So I installed my first version of BFD, I put in a stereo...

jpicture
replies: 9 views: 5,435
Java 14th April 2011

I'm buying an Alesis Control Pad for live sample triggering at live shows. I would like a sampler (something like an MPC) that...

maxiedaniels
replies: 2 views: 1,078
jude 14th April 2011

Anybody know the mics used in the studio with Jimmy Iovine and will.i.am? I think I spotted a Bock, a sure KSM (which ones?),...

Saxon-of-a-son
replies: 1 views: 803
api2500 14th April 2011

Resently I was setting up for a drum tracking session, and broke some wires in my kick drum mic while setting up. No time to lose...

Iron Man
replies: 1 views: 593
jmik 14th April 2011

I have to transfer some 2" tapes to protools. I´ve got my JH-24 setup and hitting the tapes fairly hard (3m996). Now when...

Outlaw Hans
replies: 6 views: 1,581
Outlaw Hans 14th April 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search