The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Is there any point in getting star quad mic cable for short length studio use?. Say anything 10m or shorter, if its a decent...

Arksun
replies: 3 views: 2,074
Fletcher 16th May 2011

So hats the word on different Suzette kick drums? Bigger better for recording or smaller? Does your mic setup change depending...

rickrock305
replies: 21 views: 2,552
evangelista 16th May 2011

Let me introduce you to my current setup. Purpose = classical recording of all kinds, mainly (90%) solo piano MOTU 896 pair...

jakromm
replies: 19 views: 6,270
Tungsten 16th May 2011

I have recently fallen in love with running my guitar tracks thru the stock logic plugin SCANNER VIBRATO. We are gonna be...

floater138
replies: 2 views: 826
psycho_monkey 16th May 2011

So I was listening to a CD at a very low volume and suddenly the sound cut out completely in one of the monitors. The LED still...

Chunky Karma
replies: 8 views: 2,375
Arksun 16th May 2011

Sorry, cannot find the email address on the site for the forum administrator and I need to get back to work. Thank you for your...

lmgoldsmith
replies: 0 views: 536
lmgoldsmith 16th May 2011

Hi everyone, i had my share of searching for headphones suitable for mixing purposes when using the monitors is not practical...

Mda
replies: 65 views: 6,740
sergioelectro 16th May 2011
replies: 0 views: 521
Apollo Soul 16th May 2011

I currently am running the latest Logic 9 and will be getting the a/d16x for my interface. My Room is 20ft by 20ft with 8 Ft...

metalflange
replies: 17 views: 5,054
psycho_monkey 16th May 2011

Looking to add a fairly decent drum kit (pads) to my studio. It would be great if it could also play samples, easy to map like...

composer
replies: 1 views: 573
robertbonello 16th May 2011

Just thought I would drop a line to show my thoughts on the BM5a MKIIs. I opened the box when I got them and...

pulverizer
replies: 15 views: 3,768
prologicmusic 16th May 2011

I'm in a period right now when I'm looking at the real deals around things related to music production, because there are so many...

RainbowStorm
replies: 5 views: 806
rcb4t2 16th May 2011

Knowledge / experience much appreciated. How do they compare to the 'real deal'? Will have to be coupled w/ conversion (any...

asdfdsa
replies: 13 views: 3,072
jborum 16th May 2011

Bit of a question for slutz in the UK. The API 3124+ is selling for £3055 on GAK. I've just seen a load of new API 3124+ on...

holdmyfinger
replies: 1 views: 1,078
DistortionPlus 16th May 2011

Would you consider it good or bad practice to include a touch of room reverb on a snare if you were also using a plate as the...

slopeshoulder
replies: 4 views: 4,409
jimmymio 16th May 2011

Hey sluts, If anyone needs a logo designed, I would definitely recommend these guys. They are brand new, just started, gave me...

RARStudios
replies: 0 views: 451
RARStudios 16th May 2011

Hey guys. I use have a DBX 263x which I use on all of my vocal tracks. The other day I plugged it into my signal chain and...

EatThePath
replies: 1 views: 3,074
dualflip 16th May 2011

Now I know this DAW has a small but loyal fan base but my arguement (as a Pro Tools LE user) is that it could have finally been...

mosrite
replies: 38 views: 10,124
studiosounds 16th May 2011

Okay I'm going to preface this by saying that I don't know hardly anything about recording hardware. Right now I use a tascam...

Werdnaegni
replies: 4 views: 638
Werdnaegni 16th May 2011

I've done a lot of searching and just havent gotten a clear answer. I am having to move into a condo this summer and I currently...

nodie33
replies: 16 views: 2,544
nodie33 16th May 2011

ssl x desk vs ssl x rack summing

joeebangs
replies: 4 views: 1,596
joeebangs 16th May 2011

Hi everyone.. I've been using a Benchmark DAC1 for my monitor playback of my HD rig for years... pretty happy with the sound. Can...

rolo
replies: 11 views: 2,544
Gravity8058 16th May 2011

I've never really had any problems with buzz/hum in my current project studio, but as of today, I do. I have tried two different...

kmo19
replies: 8 views: 972
gogar 16th May 2011

So uhhh...why hadn't I ever tried that before. I think it sounds pretty damn nice, at least on this kick. Old news I suppose.

amost
replies: 12 views: 4,444
gogar 16th May 2011

I'm supposed to test a crossover this weekend to see if it works, and I'm curious what exactly it would be used for in a studio...

old ghost
replies: 10 views: 4,155
old ghost 16th May 2011

Avid apparently thinks people are too stupid to care about this near-essential feature, and they don't even mention it in the...

numberforty1
replies: 0 views: 677
numberforty1 16th May 2011

Was browsing some firewire threads here on gearslutz, and I found a thread that lead me to this. Granite Digital - FireWire...

charlie12125
replies: 4 views: 1,696
charlie12125 16th May 2011

tried searching "vst" on here and nothing came up for everyone's general favorites. trying to narrow my choices to...

alexfsu
replies: 1 views: 908
David Watts 16th May 2011

Anyone know any settings any "big" songs that were run through HEAT with? Like 1 click forward 2 clicks back? Harmonic...

uncle muscles
replies: 4 views: 1,112
uncle muscles 16th May 2011

Is there anyone that could help me with a simple matter? I use a 01V96 v2.. and I used to use it just as a remote control......

Adura
replies: 1 views: 802
Adura 16th May 2011

ok so what would you recommend to make music? i know both are different pricewise, but these 2 are the ones which sounded...

HomeBoy
replies: 0 views: 248
HomeBoy 16th May 2011

can i use a virtual preamp to drive akg headphones, or will only hardware do? specifically looking at the 112db Preamp

sdrr00
replies: 1 views: 697
DannyMac 16th May 2011

Right now I have an RME Fireface 800 that I use for all my home studio recordings. Eventually, I would like to get a Big Ben,...

Elvis
replies: 7 views: 570
1/2 Normal 16th May 2011

I have noticed that they are talking very high about their products, even their website says "due to increased demand they...

shani haider
replies: 7 views: 2,448
Buss-me 15th May 2011

Hey my monitors have blown, so I thought I'd just save up until I can get a new pair. Right now though, I have some AKG K701s...

DuhJeffmeister
replies: 1 views: 752
Piranhadrum 15th May 2011

Hi all As I listen to the newest Amon Tobin recording it reminded me about the thing I always wanted to do - smooth pitch...

vibralux
replies: 5 views: 2,601
beats workin' 15th May 2011

hey everyone Can anyone advise me on the best way to set out and dpresent my musical resume/show reel. I've pretty much find...

Mardi Gras
replies: 4 views: 780
DanDaMan 15th May 2011

Which sound card should i buy with Great River ME-1NVcooge

loscolorados
replies: 17 views: 1,376
ObiK 15th May 2011

Lets get a list of the official pages going. I'll start with Manely Labs. Manley Labs | Facebook

kreeper_6
replies: 0 views: 504
kreeper_6 15th May 2011

Hi Gearslutz, I just watched the AES-Video at VintageKing about the Radial Engineering WORKHORSE 5000 and also read the...

HDaudioCoyote
replies: 3 views: 1,943
Bonemeister 15th May 2011

Ok guys get ready for my affordable but somehow high-end gear list for a 2 channel recording daw project studio. You can also add...

shani haider
replies: 16 views: 2,206
Jacamar 15th May 2011

Just wondering why there are so few high end companies making small but fully featured mixers these days? By fully featured, I...

chrisrulesmore
replies: 89 views: 10,990
Jim Williams 15th May 2011

Has anyone else noticed that "Wave's V-Comp" compressor plug-in will jump up 2db during playback when it first kicks...

Chad Sterling
replies: 10 views: 1,526
Faderjockey 15th May 2011

Anyone want to give me a history lesson or any other info about these? It's a little hard when most of my searches pull up info...

tigheguy
replies: 2 views: 1,912
tigheguy 15th May 2011

Hello Everyone, I have a young band that is soon to be tracking a full length first album so I will be making some $ to put...

judaspres
replies: 2 views: 447
judaspres 15th May 2011

howdy austin slutz, i grew up here but have been living in san francisco for the last almost 10 years. i'm back in town for a...

suedesound
replies: 7 views: 817
suedesound 15th May 2011

Gents i have a gig out of town where i'm forced to use an old Mbox. I have a lunchbox with some nice preamps. Have any of you had...

engmix
replies: 4 views: 976
trauha 15th May 2011

I've used Waves Trans X at my buddies studio to do thing like help the snare poke through a big mix but Tranx X is not available...

James Lugo
replies: 33 views: 17,949
kennyda 15th May 2011

Hey guys I really need some advice I am in the process of purchasing a preamp and the only one that strikes me is Grace Design...

Shabbar3
replies: 12 views: 1,308
Mrweems 15th May 2011

I tried to record classical guitar using eleven rack. It didn't work out, volume is too low and It just sounds like electric...

crashhak
replies: 15 views: 1,700
nashvilleclassic 15th May 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search