The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I have 17 old ADAT tapes I've transferred to digital wav via my Zoom R16 digital recorder. It records 8 tracks at once. I just...

sleepwalk
replies: 6 views: 3,713
sleepwalk 6th August 2011

I've been having some bizarre problems while doing some classical recordings lately. The concert hall has generally been kind...

eschybach
replies: 3 views: 1,636
eschybach 6th August 2011

Finally got a new TTE... Too bad its not working, i have a signal but no echo. I dont have the footswitch, do i need it go get...

Blue Bee
replies: 1 views: 1,087
rico52 6th August 2011

wondering if theres any creative use for old RIAA style phono and tape preamps for microphone or DI. some of these can be...

soundssounds
replies: 3 views: 1,974
theblue1 6th August 2011

I have just purchased a new iMac (3.4Ghz Quad-Core i7, 16GB, 2TB). diddlydoo I am looking at getting a duet 2 and three...

ARS
replies: 3 views: 1,250
ARS 6th August 2011

Hi all, i'm going hybrid and been wondering how to setup my patchbay / signal routing to incorporate: 1) running synths...

tonnu
replies: 4 views: 4,894
alistair 6th August 2011

This afternoon I had a crew over at my studio to check out what they could do with light in my studio. I'm doing a...

Svens
replies: 5 views: 1,015
Svens 6th August 2011

Pop/urban material, last 5 years -- I realized this only when I bought the actual CD. Uncompressed. AB'd it against other...

andonwego
replies: 3 views: 944
sleepingbag 6th August 2011

Hi everyone, I have got an offer to work on the design of a production studio of a radio station. I know that a production...

RadioSound88
replies: 5 views: 3,176
Faderjockey 6th August 2011

(reposted here because in hopes of a response in this particular forum) Hi there, I need a program (either standalone or VST)...

nessup
replies: 0 views: 440
nessup 5th August 2011

Anybody use these speakers? Was at a friend's studio and heard them and they sound great but they don't seem to be available...

thingsbreak
replies: 4 views: 5,178
Pip 5th August 2011

Whats your take on drums having too much punch? What would be your approach on softening that punch? Comp? Transient shaper ?

Audio Child
replies: 28 views: 7,506
Greg B 5th August 2011

This mic doesn't get talked about much here, other than people trying to compare it to a Sony C800g. So I thought I'd post some...

JoFo
replies: 6 views: 1,876
bee 5th August 2011

I am excited about my long awaited gear purchase for my home studio. I really wish money was no option but unfortunately i'm on a...

fiddlefolk
replies: 0 views: 491
fiddlefolk 5th August 2011

hello all, I will do my best to keep it short. I'm sure it's simply a matter of some setting I need to enable this feature. So...

sargentpilcher
replies: 2 views: 517
sargentpilcher 5th August 2011

after waiting for a couple weeks, i finally got my green q701's! first impression after listening to them for the first hour was...

xrap03
replies: 0 views: 806
xrap03 5th August 2011

This drummer is amazing It's great to be able to work with talent.... fPywniIMxGA

T_R_S
replies: 3 views: 1,336
T_R_S 5th August 2011

If anyone has tried both.. I'm curious, since the original unit doesn't have separate in/output control. When you're overdriving...

theBackwardsman
replies: 3 views: 1,141
cowboycoalminer 5th August 2011

hello all, Distortion can be a good friend to alot of sounds, however I don't think I've perfected my own method of adding it...

soundssounds
replies: 12 views: 2,773
soundssounds 5th August 2011

In a mix I did a while back I played with the routing until I mixed the snare to hit on the left and right at the same-ish time...

andonwego
replies: 0 views: 625
andonwego 5th August 2011

Some tracks on this album have a great bass drum sound to my ears, like "Song for Dan Treacy". Can anyone out there...

Max H.
replies: 0 views: 912
Max H. 5th August 2011

Hey guys. Frequent viewer of posts on Gearslutz, but a first time post. I looked extremely hard for a thread to answer my extreme...

DavidStarz
replies: 6 views: 673
Apprentice 5th August 2011

just listened to "in the ghetto" for a billionth time in the radio - nothing special. however, because I was standing...

colonel_claypoo
replies: 4 views: 964
Yfoiler 5th August 2011

Hey guys. I really want some well recorded, unmixed songs so that I can practice my mixing as I've not done anything in a few...

Zakk_LP
replies: 4 views: 7,614
Zakk_LP 5th August 2011
replies: 9 views: 838
Sk106 5th August 2011

Hi All, I'm new to the forum and have a few questions regarding my specific setup and the best way to hook up all of my gear....

kre8s4u
replies: 12 views: 785
kre8s4u 5th August 2011

are there any on the market? i now the one where you have to more or less source your parts and enclosures from 3rd parties....

jaye b
replies: 1 views: 558
TRA 5th August 2011

I really dig the vocals on Ryan Adam's "Heartbreaker" album. (Actually, I dig just about EVERYTHING about the sounds...

hossman777
replies: 4 views: 2,249
hossman777 5th August 2011

I just need someone to double check my work here - I just setup my new API a2d to act as 'front end' to my Profire 2626. Preamp...

tomorrowstops
replies: 9 views: 1,248
Kiwi 5th August 2011

Dear all, I'm planning to collect a nice and versatile mic locker for my bedroom / homestudio. My constraint / objectives are...

tonnu
replies: 9 views: 1,137
sevenhillsstudio 5th August 2011

Hey, does anyone know if the Tascam US 2000 will work with Pro Tools 9, does it being a usb interface mean any issues?...

tomv-k
replies: 2 views: 2,575
tomv-k 5th August 2011

I fried my 4047 by putting it 5-10" in front of the hole. It didn't touch or bump into anything. All of a sudden it became a...

FreshSkweez
replies: 0 views: 685
FreshSkweez 5th August 2011

Where do I send my beloved Beyerdynamic M500 and M160 for a check and repair service? Both of them started to "fart" on...

judah
replies: 5 views: 957
frans 5th August 2011

Whilst reading the section about drum mics that Joe Barresi uses / used on a recording for Queens of the Stoneage he says...

saggsy
replies: 14 views: 2,959
thismercifulfate 5th August 2011

Got a lot of good info on this site, so here's a little something in return. It's surprising how much thought you have to put...

Deltones
replies: 1 views: 1,877
eoats 5th August 2011

Hello I recently picked up a Yamaha SPX 900 reverb/delay unit. I'm just wondering what's the best way to connect it up to my...

Lights Out Asia
replies: 4 views: 1,191
holdmyfinger 5th August 2011

I am in the process of building a second recording studio now that will also have guest engineers like my current studio. ...

relaxo
replies: 19 views: 1,706
dualflip 5th August 2011

Hey guys, Just heard the new Thrice Single called "Yellow Belly" from their upcoming album "Major/Minor". ...

Avening
replies: 1 views: 802
yotonic 5th August 2011

$1000 mic & use the onoboard pres on my tascam 2488 which are obviously not the best $1000 preamp & use a low priced...

SATANUS
replies: 9 views: 1,552
SATANUS 5th August 2011

So after trying to find a nice studio to work at and not rack up a ridiculous bill I have decided to take the project in my own...

Brian Whitten
replies: 45 views: 3,244
bee 5th August 2011

I recently picked up an mBox mini for some Pro Tools mixing/overdub sessions(not my DAW of choice but forced into it). Anyway, I...

Fandango
replies: 3 views: 2,311
scherer.cc 5th August 2011

Hey everybody! I own an Aurora Audio GTQ2 mic pre and I'm wondering what mic pre to eventually get next, what type, etc... I want...

replies: 10 views: 2,216
Brandt 5th August 2011

Hey, First post here. I am a guitar/bassist, and I've been looking on making a one-man setup using some sort of...

hendro
replies: 9 views: 1,549
syntax 5th August 2011

Hey, So I found some "like new" condition rokits on Amazon for $150. The first one arrived today. When I unboxed it, I...

LIGHTRONIX
replies: 0 views: 1,652
LIGHTRONIX 5th August 2011

I'm wondering what are some tips I can use to get my final mixes close to that quality of beyonce songs especially the "me...

Eighthundred
replies: 23 views: 2,155
DoctorBonkers 5th August 2011

I'm looking for a guitar pedal that will cut out all the audio output to my amp when it is pushed in so i can get chopped up...

Tops Cut oFF
replies: 11 views: 4,373
Tops Cut oFF 4th August 2011

I am currently tracking distorted guitars for a project. Les Paul standard going into a JCM800 and 4x12 Marshall cab. I have...

JustinFFTS
replies: 5 views: 4,295
rmx16 4th August 2011

Definitely under $1000, and closer to $500 is my budget, all/any advice is really appreciated!. jummpp

asdfdsa
replies: 3 views: 592
Jomox 4th August 2011

So ive been using cubase le for roughly 3 years. And i tried working on cubase 5 but i had trouble figuring stuff out. It was...

jakson
replies: 34 views: 5,350
deadears 4th August 2011

i read that when "up" converting from 16 bit to 24 bit, you shouldn't use a "non-shaping" dither. what does...

Seditionary
replies: 2 views: 1,769
narcoman 4th August 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search