The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Using an ADL 1000. It's an LA2A clone. Sounds great when comping the already recorded vocal outside the box, but when I place...

bladelaw
replies: 3 views: 771
bladelaw 30th July 2011

Laidback Luke says he produces in mono to "get the levels" right first and then listens to it in stereo during the...

alexfsu
replies: 5 views: 1,035
t.o.t.s. 30th July 2011

What would your $10k desert island studio be? From mics to monitors. Please try to include the type of music when appropriate,...

asdfdsa
replies: 20 views: 1,574
dabigfrog 30th July 2011

Like topic title suggest, is there a way to test your monitors, except play some music and trust your ears ? So is there a more...

eehm
replies: 13 views: 856
Arksun 30th July 2011

I want to record a grand piano with a couple of mics, but the room is pretty noisy due to heating and air conditioning. Any...

rockum
replies: 14 views: 956
Yfoiler 30th July 2011

I'm just wondering which software plug-ins do the best job of creating the vibe that analog compression does on a parallel drum...

Bob G
replies: 42 views: 13,551
Nu-tra 29th July 2011

I have looked in a lot of places to find prices for a hammond organ that is road worthy...i have not been able to find an average...

jo9shw
replies: 108 views: 30,690
Torea 29th July 2011

Hi, my father colletcs vintage reel-to-reel tape decks, the likes of akai, studer, revox, nagra, technics( i think) etc. I might...

maciekpruski
replies: 3 views: 2,622
oldeanalogueguy 29th July 2011

Hello fellow Gearsluts, I have seen a few instances on these boards of engineers who like to track with two compressors, usually...

hgregg61
replies: 10 views: 2,775
bluejbill 29th July 2011

Could someone recommend a great amp tech in Los Angeles? Just bought an older JCM 800 that seems to have a microphonic tube, but...

Greg Wells
replies: 16 views: 5,637
bluejbill 29th July 2011

Hi guys! I have just purchased a Bluebird from Blue Mic. I have a Fireface 400 as soundcard, and I hear everyone saying that I...

thejammer
replies: 3 views: 2,039
thejammer 29th July 2011

Anyone know what the duty and taxes on a compressor and eq from UK to USA, if any?

Deleted User
replies: 34 views: 30,958
tlindaas 29th July 2011

Can anyone help out and let me know what mic is being used in the attached picture? Thanks!

powderfinger
replies: 1 views: 507
PRobb 29th July 2011

Do you think it ever works to arrange or mix a song in such a way that the vocal harmonies blend together equally and there's not...

initialsBB
replies: 18 views: 1,347
nicpope 29th July 2011

I have been using a Behringer 3242 that belongs to the guitar player for the last couple of years and have always wanted to...

BugsyK
replies: 2 views: 570
chrysb93065 29th July 2011

Hi I had the opportunity to talk with a professional producer. He talked about several hardware unit, including one harmonic...

nonomagicstar
replies: 5 views: 945
warhead 29th July 2011

Figure 8 pattern on lead vocal? any good for smooth tone? pros and cons???

Beastie
replies: 9 views: 2,472
ofajen 29th July 2011

I wanted to ask the people who have a/b all the high end gear if it was just a thousand or two out of range for the symphony...

ecstacy2012
replies: 2 views: 490
ecstacy2012 29th July 2011

hello while helping my bandmate clear out an old garage full of broken amps and stuff we are fixing to sell off we uncovered the...

goldenmean
replies: 9 views: 1,399
once a roadie 29th July 2011

I'd like to learn some more about mixing and the only references I have are myself.....and all of you. I feel like I've learned...

OzarkRoots
replies: 2 views: 1,491
marcreeves 29th July 2011

Like Sweetwater.com serves the US market, and does delivery of equipment for free, are there any websites in or around Singapore...

Sahil Bhatia
replies: 0 views: 1,979
Sahil Bhatia 29th July 2011

I am thinking about getting an MFB Step-64 sequencer for my SH-101 and came to think if I could also use the little box as a...

mirland
replies: 0 views: 1,018
mirland 29th July 2011

Hey guys, Anyone own a ONE Q? Quick question....The Gain on the one q while using it as a D/I seems to be significantly...

Hricco
replies: 0 views: 738
Hricco 29th July 2011

I started my studio with Focusrite Platinum series. For a home studio I still think Focusrite made some of the greatest gear....

Tube World
replies: 5 views: 2,319
Duardo 29th July 2011

I'm working in a bedroom in a house that we're planning on selling within a year so doing expensive renovations just won't work...

Scott Whigham
replies: 7 views: 1,876
Scott Whigham 29th July 2011

Hey everyone, I'm looking for advice on which piece of gear to get that would give me nice Heavy Rhythm tone plus great lead...

tfrel
replies: 13 views: 5,504
RavenVoice 29th July 2011

First off, thanks for all the helpful threads on this forum. I currently own a motu 2408mk3, mackie 800r and focusrite octo pre...

jnwry
replies: 4 views: 777
AcousticMuse 29th July 2011

hey guys, i been looking around for mic preamp but i couldn't make my mind up and would like up from the gearslutz members, i had...

mex345
replies: 11 views: 2,025
Edward Shnapper 29th July 2011

Hi Guys, I'm incredibly paranoid about protecting my hearing and lost my favourite pair of ear plugs last week. They were given...

Deleted User
replies: 18 views: 1,923
DaVogi 29th July 2011

I'm beginning a project that will require some very believable well recorded sounds, mostly aggressive and high impact sounds...

PJD3
replies: 7 views: 2,098
rocksure 29th July 2011

So we are in a situation where we aren't aloud to use a acoustic kit at our church. So we have a top of the line roland v-pro. We...

thepilgrimsdream
replies: 4 views: 493
pw2005 29th July 2011

Hi everyone, I've been trying to find a good diagram of what each of the preamp tubes function is but finding no consistency. The...

zoso335
replies: 0 views: 1,540
zoso335 29th July 2011

OK, I got this vintage U87 few years ago in an unknow condition from an open-air market in Austria. The mic works, but I'm...

filipv
replies: 8 views: 1,182
filipv 29th July 2011

...somebody offered me an ADK TT (stock, not the upgraded AU model) in nice condition...price is very good...how would you rate...

kidvybes
replies: 6 views: 3,833
Greg B 29th July 2011

Is there any way of using an interface in a Mix system without it using a full chip? I only need to plug an interface for it's...

puppee
replies: 0 views: 393
puppee 29th July 2011

Let me describe to you what I need. 2 high end mic pres, most likely Vintech 573's (with a Langevin ELOP kissing the signal)...

IGive'nTakeInfo
replies: 3 views: 1,587
nst7 29th July 2011

i would really appreciate your help on this one. as i don't have the money to get the real stuff, i'm thinking of building a...

mrc
replies: 45 views: 9,492
abechap024 29th July 2011

I have a patch at that needs to be finished (I wired half myself, don't have the patience to complete). Anyone good (and cheap)...

Mr. Light
replies: 2 views: 635
superburtm 29th July 2011

hi everybody let see if somebody can help me with this i have a otari mtr 90 markII and i have two problems one is that i...

pacoloco
replies: 4 views: 672
pacoloco 29th July 2011

Hi! I was wondering, in a live rig, is there any real downside to run the vocal mics into my DBX comp and then into the mic...

flukather
replies: 4 views: 1,075
M4-10 29th July 2011

I bought this interface when I first got into recording.. Well now I'm getting more serious and well even though it does a good...

Marcel G
replies: 1 views: 1,456
Marcel G 29th July 2011

So I've got a 2 part question... I'm having trouble getting the perfect sound out of the room I am in. It is a bit live and...

Im not Oscar
replies: 8 views: 1,048
Im not Oscar 29th July 2011

6QktoLZuPrM I love the beater attack/click. Even on a small radio, the beater click cuts through on every hit. the album came...

takman
replies: 43 views: 3,936
doug hazelrigg 29th July 2011

So, I"m finally digging my set up....I have had everything over the years from 002/003 to Tascam interfaces, different mic...

Hricco
replies: 22 views: 1,428
joeq 29th July 2011

. As economics are pinching us all, I've been moaning a bit myself lately. But then it dawned on me that I should count my...

12ax7
replies: 101 views: 6,383
.:On The Rock:. 29th July 2011

Hey all. I recently purchased a 909 its in great shape and does not seem to keep in memory the new patterns i...

regenerative
replies: 10 views: 1,681
regenerative 28th July 2011

Hi, I'd appreciate if anyone could share their thoughts/approach on room micing these instruments (or any others). I currently...

asdfdsa
replies: 7 views: 752
asdfdsa 28th July 2011

alright, well i fell in love with the linndrum because i LOVE 80s music, and Prince, who is known for using linndrums, but he...

jtabbott8
replies: 15 views: 1,125
Dr.Poon 28th July 2011

Hey guys, Was just wondering what other fellow 'slutz out there frequently use for compressing various items in their...

FShkreli
replies: 27 views: 3,786
j-madd 28th July 2011

So in a few months, I'm going to begin building a outside room on the property and well what I want to know is how should I go...

Marcel G
replies: 2 views: 833
Marcel G 28th July 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search