The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Mixing my bands album right now, and listening back to the guitar tracks I really wish I had more gain on the amps while...

Chim Richalds
replies: 28 views: 1,922
Chim Richalds 2nd August 2011

Two basic questions here; A) Is it better to tilt a ribbon microphone, when singing, to lessen breath resistance on...

chessparov
replies: 4 views: 858
2pulse 2nd August 2011

I'm in the market for a 500 series compressor. And as usual I can't decide between about 20 units. And this is also a di and...

kevinallen
replies: 4 views: 8,087
rogerbrain 2nd August 2011

Hi everyone, I'm new here and was hoping someone can help me. I'm not new to recording, but I am new to computer music and I'm...

dairniel
replies: 3 views: 1,370
Songhead 2nd August 2011

What's the best mic for rap vocals? What works well with an avalon 737... My budget is $2000 and I would prefer something low on...

MP21
replies: 4 views: 1,147
MarkMOZ 2nd August 2011

TransAudio Group, the U.S. distributor for ATC (Acoustic Transducer Company) audio reference speakers, introduced the U.K....

ToddP
replies: 117 views: 33,854
relaxo 2nd August 2011

I wanted to know what's the best mic on sibilant vocals and pops? I'm very heavy on the S and Ps... I do have an avalon 737 and...

MP21
replies: 7 views: 1,748
kidvybes 2nd August 2011

OK, got to get this done quickly! Im using Logic 9. So im sending a mix engineer the stems of a song. Now I want to send him...

kromagnon
replies: 15 views: 11,430
andsonic 2nd August 2011

Hi, Here's what I was trying to do - I recorded a band last year and was trying to do a mix with the kick drum panned hard right...

Declan-Galway
replies: 0 views: 407
Declan-Galway 2nd August 2011

Im about to purchase a mac pro quad core with the intel xeon processors . I was looking to buy a used hd set up to run protools 9...

k.shamburger
replies: 11 views: 1,147
kooz 2nd August 2011

Hi Guys, need a few pointers on whether I am looking at a decent set up for a small studio and perhaps some live kit in the mix...

Switchfive
replies: 1 views: 833
Bassmankr 2nd August 2011

what a sad day. I've always wanted to own one. Hopefully Moog comes out with another delay similar to this one. Man...such a...

suicidebomber
replies: 8 views: 1,732
121840 2nd August 2011

Hope this link works Thunderclouds of Love | Tony Rice Song - Yahoo! Music I'm not sure this would be the right forum to ask...

william_cross
replies: 14 views: 1,187
Crash 2nd August 2011

Anyone here involved with this album? Big fan of Mat's voice and songwriting style. Any info would be greatkfhkh

dave_ocean
replies: 45 views: 11,184
Ernest Buckley 2nd August 2011

Hey All. It's pretty much all in the title. Just looking for feedback about which amp modeller you guys use? The two I'm looking...

OnWe
replies: 3 views: 2,783
nst7 2nd August 2011

yingyang So I heard on a sound on sound podcast that they don't see the sense in going back out of the digital domain once all...

Xistance
replies: 9 views: 753
tha]-[acksaw 2nd August 2011

So I am upgrading my monitors soon. I feel like my Rockits are holding me back. I can get a $500-600 pair. Any ideas?

RARStudios
replies: 6 views: 956
Martinoto 2nd August 2011

Hi guys, I'm currently mixing a lot of hiphop. They send me the beats in seperate tracks. It happens a lot that I get a...

Dutch Dave
replies: 8 views: 1,695
DoctorBonkers 2nd August 2011

Hello, First of all I'd like to state that I'm not a musician, but a street dancer. I'm sorry if I'm breaking any rules by...

scream681
replies: 9 views: 5,895
scream681 2nd August 2011

Pretty awesome Rig Rundown - Thin Lizzy's Vivian Campbell & Scott Gorham - PremierGuitar.com pgeUzJPeOpU

MikeTSH
replies: 0 views: 912
MikeTSH 2nd August 2011

I have been a guitar player for many years and really love playing blues, rock and jazz. With studios costing so much these days,...

Tube World
replies: 32 views: 3,130
5down1up 2nd August 2011

I've got some funds coming through and after a pair of Adams A8X's I have some money for a Pacarana. But, the question is, do you...

GV1
replies: 6 views: 1,922
GV1 2nd August 2011

I'm confused about how to best use my RME ADI-2 and hope someone can help settle this. For home recording I have the ADI-2...

tokyofan
replies: 0 views: 2,037
tokyofan 2nd August 2011

Why is it that so many albums recorded do such a hard cut of the high end on vocals? They sound like they could use a slight...

RARStudios
replies: 1 views: 531
theBackwardsman 2nd August 2011

Hey all. A guest engineer of mine managed to blow both drivers and a tweeter on my Yamaha MSP7s which put me out of work for as...

FreshSkweez
replies: 24 views: 4,814
Beyersound 2nd August 2011

Your thoughts? I think I might have stumble across a bargain. Don`t know much about them. Anyone with experience chime in? A guy...

Kim Bjäle
replies: 0 views: 753
Kim Bjäle 2nd August 2011

several years or several hundred nights -))). deeper than that territory can not find anywhere information. GURU I have some...

lux5romtripp
replies: 0 views: 431
lux5romtripp 2nd August 2011

I did search the site but most posts seem to be comparing these with other mics I don't have. Got a pair of these (C 414 XL...

rotundness
replies: 7 views: 901
Anti-FairyDust 2nd August 2011

I got a buddy looking to start up a production co/studio in NC, where's the prosperous area? What cities?

James Lugo
replies: 12 views: 3,236
strike 2nd August 2011

Hello all, Okay...I admit this is a somewhat pointless question but I am curious: What sonic characteristics did the...

kbshearer
replies: 2 views: 1,583
mjrippe 2nd August 2011

I was looking for adjustable monitor stands and most are very crappy!! I need something stable and safe for a 3 way active...

neon
replies: 5 views: 1,215
Keith Moore 2nd August 2011

I am looking at the D Box for the summing and monitor controls. I am just wondering if it is possible to add a 2 Buss to expand...

HKD126
replies: 2 views: 915
TRW 2nd August 2011

Hi guys - I am about to get a better mic. Due to an untreated room, I edging to a dynamic mic - possibly something by Shure, EV...

jjmmuir
replies: 4 views: 636
Pro-Audio-LA 2nd August 2011

You all were right, hourly/block gets a better product. Me = dumb for attempting per song. It makes it so hard to schedule...

RARStudios
replies: 57 views: 5,570
RARStudios 2nd August 2011

The Behringer ultragain is $200. The Lynx Aurora 8 is $2000. Why can't I find a rack mountable AD/DA converter somewhere in...

bladelaw
replies: 17 views: 3,017
Heartfelt 2nd August 2011

Are there any modules that allow for custom samples to be put on them? I just want to add a couple of pads to our live show and...

dosilegecko
replies: 4 views: 1,761
dosilegecko 1st August 2011

Are there any car speakers that offer a flat, unhyped, detailed and revealing response? I'm looking for a system on par with a...

drewDUDE
replies: 43 views: 11,194
filename 1st August 2011

You can see it at 0:55. I'm thinking maybe Telefunken? YouTube - Dr. Luke: The Hitmaker I'm asking purely out of curiosity...

Jorg
replies: 7 views: 1,314
Rikis 1st August 2011

I had this idea where I wanted to learn about mics by composing a list of them and their features for quick reference, which...

SuperiorInferior
replies: 1 views: 596
stuartb 1st August 2011

Can you guys recommend a tape machine for tracking? I'm looking to do some vocal music as a project and had great experiences...

Darhgo
replies: 6 views: 761
M Mastering 1st August 2011

This preamp is built around the INA163 chip which is low noise and used in many more expensive products built around the same TI...

TRA
replies: 7 views: 1,493
illacov 1st August 2011

Hi, I just added a pair of NS-10's and a Bryston 4B to my setup and would like to learn how to use them for best results. As...

houndog328
replies: 8 views: 1,335
marcus 1st August 2011

Hi all I have been going through the past L-C-R discussions on the board and elsewhere and I have been doing a bit of my own...

foge
replies: 1 views: 886
KRStudio 1st August 2011

Greetings, fellow audio nerds! Having a major problem. Just got the API 512c and the Empirical Labs EL 500. I have both a...

tylerdurden7m
replies: 9 views: 1,222
cowboycoalminer 1st August 2011

my band is headed to Paris and Beirut in September. We are flying Air France...anybody have any experience going there or w/this...

turk sanchez
replies: 24 views: 3,194
turk sanchez 1st August 2011

Hey chaps... Doing a LOT of delicate instruments in current projects. So - I'm looking for very low self noise mics and...

narcoman
replies: 23 views: 3,688
TankT34 1st August 2011

So I got one of these instruments a few months back. I had never heard of it until I saw it in a used music shop, thought it...

unitymusic
replies: 0 views: 1,872
unitymusic 1st August 2011

Join Date: Apr 2010 Posts: 19 Last week I bought an AKG CK 22 capsule. It was as good as its picture, was sent the day...

daivadisc
replies: 3 views: 661
daivadisc 1st August 2011

I scored a used No Toasters Preamp and had a chance to test it on some vocal performances with an SM57. Shooting it out against...

steelcitysi
replies: 1 views: 1,515
Penny 1st August 2011

Hello, Im thinking about buying a mackie d8b locally and was wondering if any of you here would know a thing or too about them....

Sweck
replies: 1 views: 1,061
Crash 1st August 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search