The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi guys So in the last 2 years or so I had a Sennheiser HD 515 and that was what I was using to mix/master tracks ( I do not own...

stereo2mono
replies: 13 views: 9,344
PDC 13th August 2011

To those of you who've used the R16 and 'high/er end' pres such as avalon, api, grace, great river, manley, neve, etc. how does...

asdfdsa
replies: 9 views: 1,264
asdfdsa 13th August 2011

Has anyone ever used these? my mate has had a local chap offer him one for 300 pounds, thinking he might use it as a sub mixer...

Joe_caithness
replies: 3 views: 2,133
folkstomper 13th August 2011

hi guys, i m playing in an electro / hardcore band and we have live backing tracks: - 2 tracks for synths - 1 track...

tripz
replies: 0 views: 492
tripz 13th August 2011

Hickok TV-7B/U checked @ 61/58 min. : 32/32 This is the rating for a particular tube. Can anyone please inform me what the...

SeniorityFedup
replies: 0 views: 511
SeniorityFedup 13th August 2011

These are pretty entry level questions I think. I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I have done searches on this forum,...

nathanp
replies: 20 views: 5,831
DCtoDaylight 13th August 2011

Just wondering if there are any Neve 5088 owners in Norway?

erikdrink
replies: 14 views: 1,335
erikdrink 13th August 2011

If anyone in the U.S. has purchased gear from "The Alamo" located in Brussels, please send me a PM with feedback. Will...

rajprods
replies: 5 views: 716
Faderjockey 13th August 2011

Hey everyone. I just had this weird thing going on in Logic Pro 9 and was wondering if anyone knew what the problem was....

DavidStarz
replies: 2 views: 546
DavidStarz 13th August 2011

Hi all, Just discovered these Nagra tape decks, Im pretty interested especially considering theyre compact size.. I...

Fezzle
replies: 6 views: 3,586
Matti 13th August 2011

Hello Gearslutz, Allow me to introduce myself, My name is Paul and i'm a long time lurker on this board , many hours spend on...

Voodoosound
replies: 30 views: 6,032
Wuhegthon 13th August 2011

Looking to buy my first condesner mic for recording my vocals. What I am wondering is a USB mic as good as an XLR mic or should I...

MyndLessArtist
replies: 1 views: 760
fastlanestoner 13th August 2011

This is what PAZ Frequency shows when I play a sine wav in Pro Tools. From what I've read about sine wavs, I was expecting to...

hauntedclutter
replies: 1 views: 548
Dan Korneff 13th August 2011

Hi, I use HD650s (with headphile black cables) for writing / rough mixing. I heard a friend's HD600s the other day and to me,...

sach160
replies: 19 views: 1,777
abechap024 13th August 2011

pat metheny has a solo guitar recording coming out next week. i just fell in love with the recording of "that's the way i...

imaginaryday
replies: 18 views: 1,982
guitarmax_99 13th August 2011

I'm setting a broadcast studio (internet radio). i would like to add reverb on the re20, and, eventually with a very low volume...

Patrickmmiami
replies: 0 views: 576
Patrickmmiami 13th August 2011

Ok.... So my question is, if you could use any OUTBOARD compressor for any sound source, what would it be and why? By this I...

YULOGY
replies: 15 views: 2,631
YULOGY 13th August 2011

I'm in Logic 9 and sometimes use a template but often start from scratch. But I'm using more buses and print buses lately and...

Amber
replies: 0 views: 579
Amber 13th August 2011

I'm in a dilemma... I have an original (low serial #) Chandler Limited TG-1 (Pre-EMI Abbey Road logo). I really love it,...

slowguysongs
replies: 2 views: 1,682
mattsplace 13th August 2011

No, not neighbors, just ONE neighbor who has been a pain in the rear since she moved in. We're zoned for a home business...

oscar gamble
replies: 11 views: 3,792
oscar gamble 13th August 2011

Their website has disappeared in the last week and many of their mics are listed as back ordered at their vendors. I've heard...

idylldon
replies: 18 views: 8,074
Den 13th August 2011

Hi, i want to get a vocal mic for studio applications, and going to be recording acoustic folk-styled music, male vocals. I'm...

midoban
replies: 0 views: 1,352
midoban 13th August 2011

Hey slutz, I recently bought a pair of neotek series 1e. I've been using them a little bit lately. I like they way they sound...

PVAUDIO
replies: 1 views: 833
PVAUDIO 13th August 2011

Neumann U-87 U87 U 87 Vintage Condenser Microphone! #3 | eBay Would you buy this neumann U87 or you considerer it too risky...

sebdj
replies: 10 views: 1,627
BlueMountain 13th August 2011

Is it possible to bypass the Firepod's preamps and A/D converter by using something like the UA 4-710d? The firepod has one...

missswan
replies: 4 views: 1,636
Kiwi 13th August 2011

FMR Audio should find a partner to design a compact 16 channel dedicated mix station that DOES NOT have useless mic amps and DOES...

Deleted User
replies: 90 views: 7,298
Deleted User 13th August 2011

For me it's the book "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie. I picked it up at a convention center...

karp47
replies: 65 views: 6,612
andychamp 13th August 2011

I am a recording an acoustic single Saturday and the band and I decided it would be cool to fire up the Studer A80 VU Mk III...

Fash
replies: 9 views: 914
Fash 13th August 2011

I have been seeing the "high pass sidechain filter" on a few pieces of gear lately and was curious exactly how it...

dreamtheater777
replies: 2 views: 2,597
dreamtheater777 13th August 2011

the only things that comes to mind would be the pedals electro harmonix put out, hot tubes (solid state) and hot tubes (tube)....

soundssounds
replies: 2 views: 1,327
travisbrown 13th August 2011

Hmmmmm... What do you folks think? I can't for the life of me hear much evedence AT ALL of room sounds being mixed in these...

Jules
replies: 85 views: 9,868
rocksure 13th August 2011

Boy oh boy, am I confused with todays offerings in MP3 players! mezed iPOD keeps changing their products so much, it is hard...

Mad John
replies: 22 views: 9,057
lame pseudonym 13th August 2011

Please if u have ever tried any of these mics let me know ur thought. I live in Thailand and cant test them out accept to order...

SFM
replies: 8 views: 7,719
Brandt 13th August 2011

OK, who else sometimes thinks that they are not using vocalign correctly because it's just so easy? I have to A/B all the time to...

bossman
replies: 0 views: 569
bossman 12th August 2011

Hi! I need a bit of advice about word clock connection. I have Big Ben and AD16, two motu 2408mkII with pci-424 and two yamaha...

complane
replies: 3 views: 2,640
complane 12th August 2011

Greetings all, Anyone know the vocal chain used on Dookie or Rancid's ...and out come to wolves? I'm trying to learn the basics...

peepee
replies: 88 views: 7,442
Gretsch 6120 12th August 2011

Hi all, I've spent the last week trying to get my hands on a Portico 5016 and it looks like there are none about. I've tried...

3dsmatt
replies: 10 views: 2,104
drwiener 12th August 2011

One of the greatest producer, songwriter and guitarist has been dealt a ****ty blow. Mitch Easter has been ripped off by some...

T'Mershi Duween
replies: 3 views: 1,037
T'Mershi Duween 12th August 2011

Nevermind. The mix is being remixed again. We're probably going to kill each other soon.

JoeLemon
replies: 0 views: 434
JoeLemon 12th August 2011

I see this term thrown around a lot in electronic music. I've heard people say things like "That's a vengeance sound"...

sargentpilcher
replies: 2 views: 1,026
sargentpilcher 12th August 2011

New Scientist TV: Pioneering electronic instrument rediscovered in France OK mabey not first, but still WOW. It alot more...

complex
replies: 5 views: 1,192
JoaT 12th August 2011

Is there anyone who can build an NS10 subkick mic for cheap? Rather not spend the money on the yamaha version. If not, what are...

mikoo69
replies: 2 views: 814
MarkusSamper 12th August 2011

Does anyone know of less expensive version of this? Looking for a switch not just a polarity reversing barrel adapter....

cjac9
replies: 2 views: 538
MarkusSamper 12th August 2011

I think the answer is just use a normal balanced XLR cable, but I want to be 100% sure. I have an Avalon M5, which has an XLR...

rdh3t
replies: 0 views: 916
rdh3t 12th August 2011

So I just managed to get an old sm5b, but the foam covers are basically falling apart. Does anyone know where I could probably...

kesslerjesus
replies: 3 views: 3,654
recordinghopkins 12th August 2011

Hello I am currently recording from a Tascam FW 1804 interface into an imac with Logic 9. I would like to track my...

goforthebo
replies: 0 views: 755
goforthebo 12th August 2011

Hi, I got the new Boss PSA-230s power adapter, it is 9v 500mA with negative tip, exactly like the requirements needed for the...

OL303
replies: 1 views: 878
KarlHoffmann 12th August 2011

I see many many threads on GS from folks asking stuff like, "how can i get so-and-so's guitar sound?" or "how do i...

jnorman
replies: 13 views: 1,707
joeq 12th August 2011

All I can say is.....wow. Track 3 is my favorite. The way this cd sounds both inspires me and makes me wanna give up. How did...

william_cross
replies: 9 views: 959
william_cross 12th August 2011

A lot of music I record is improv with huge dynamic ranges. I dont use a compter program to record, I am totally out of the box....

capnreverb
replies: 0 views: 466
capnreverb 12th August 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search