The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm new here--please forgive my first post. I've been reading up on 545s, SM57s, and the various mods people have done to...

sannella
replies: 2 views: 1,582
sannella 27th August 2011

For those using large format analog mixers and recording to DAW, do you guys use the mixer for input monitoring, i.e. headphone...

PorpoiseMuffins
replies: 22 views: 1,304
PorpoiseMuffins 26th August 2011

I've used Logic 9 and Ableton in rewire in the past, but just started using it a lot more mostly because I prefer to build my...

mattg082
replies: 0 views: 885
mattg082 26th August 2011

So - when I play the VSL Instrument (or through Ensemble) It sustains fine, but when it goes to play the recorded midi back, it...

Johnkenn
replies: 3 views: 796
Johnkenn 26th August 2011

I want to try looping with my classical guitar and I was wondering if this setup sounds like it would work. Here's what I'm...

Skeletron
replies: 6 views: 2,121
Skeletron 26th August 2011

Hi guys, Just seen a television guest with two wireless lapel mics and wondered by they're using two? Thanks

winger15mk
replies: 8 views: 625
ddageek 26th August 2011

Mac pro 8 core - osx 10.6.something (the latest snow leapord) SSD drive. 16gb ram. recently loaded pro tools onto it to edit a...

chrisgil
replies: 19 views: 863
energizer bunny 26th August 2011

It's something between the Mackie Onyx 1620i and the Allen and Heath ZR16/Mackie 1640i, but with these characteristics:- At...

daveparker
replies: 10 views: 1,540
bmdaugherty 26th August 2011

Can anyone tell me if the BAE DMP is 240v selectable? Cheers hooppie

che_guitarra
replies: 3 views: 632
RiF 26th August 2011

I've just been given an SE R1 Ribbon Mic out on loan. Looking forward to trying it out. Does anyone else have experience with...

montanasan
replies: 12 views: 10,547
illinoise 26th August 2011

Does anyone have the schematic for the master section? The one I am talking about is with 2 PCBs mounted on a two strip-wide...

llmonty
replies: 1 views: 553
llmonty 26th August 2011

Just wondered if anyone here could offer some insight into the AKG D14? I have found some basic specs on the AKG site but very...

dialectic
replies: 2 views: 2,734
dialectic 26th August 2011

Glen Campbell - A Better Place - YouTube Not sure what forum this belongs on , but I was really moved by this song...My dad...

Johnkenn
replies: 2 views: 788
drBill 26th August 2011

Hola, so I was trying to remove the grill from my Mesa Boogie cab but I started to damage it, any clue on how to go about it in...

TeamContra
replies: 0 views: 745
TeamContra 26th August 2011

This might be a nob question: What is the difference between a preamp and a compressor?

gritzildino
replies: 5 views: 846
gritzildino 26th August 2011

Hi, There are some new feature videos on Genesys. ...

saj
replies: 3 views: 882
greatgreatriver 26th August 2011

I am cabling my Valley People 'lunch box' with balanced, TRS->Barrier Strip cables. I am making them myself by cutting 15',...

manthe
replies: 18 views: 2,352
Glue Huffer 26th August 2011

What's the standard with XLR patch panels? I need one so I can switch the XLR lines from my live room between the pres on my...

Pies
replies: 5 views: 1,274
Pies 26th August 2011

I know this is more a Live question, but since most of you do both, here goes: I have a gig on tuesday with a Yamaha LS9 desk...

InTheBox
replies: 2 views: 682
Perelandra05 26th August 2011

I struggle to get even bass response from basslines. Lets assume that the bass line was played brilliantly, and very evenly...

Todd
replies: 19 views: 2,185
Todd 26th August 2011

Hi, how do you tune drums to a specific song. Bass Drum and Snare to the root, tom-toms like notes in the scale? Thanks!

Flying_Dutchman
replies: 17 views: 2,022
biggator6 26th August 2011

Got a track where the gtr needs re doing. Drums and guitar were tracked together. What are some of the best approaches/tricks for...

dodittydada
replies: 5 views: 560
andychamp 26th August 2011

I got a Dangerous D-Box through this morning and am just setting it up. First thing I've come across is that the audio signal is...

peachboy
replies: 0 views: 1,536
peachboy 26th August 2011

I have limited room in my studio, but a good spot that would fit a multi stand. I want to bring in a selection of my guitars,...

YULOGY
replies: 1 views: 1,371
Lee Cardan 26th August 2011

Hi peeps, Just wanted to find out if anybody knows averagely what type of vocal processing is done during the song's chorus. I...

thxsound1138
replies: 3 views: 662
chevega 26th August 2011

never mind : fixed :) how do I delete this? hidz

Eclef
replies: 0 views: 456
Eclef 26th August 2011

I hear people saying "oh those vocals sound so autotuned" or "you can totally hear the autotune on his voice"...

avafreak252
replies: 3 views: 792
InTheBox 26th August 2011

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question! I have a urei 1178 and amek bc3 desk. I want to be able to use the comp on the...

goldphinga
replies: 4 views: 1,265
rhythmlogistics 26th August 2011

I like to track my music in MP3 format because it all usually ends up in MP3 format at the end anyway. I figure if Foster the...

Orange Julius
replies: 21 views: 1,081
Bender412 26th August 2011

Can anyone please recommend a great sounding set of speakers to travel to Europe with while I work from a laptop? Maybe with a...

Greg Wells
replies: 4 views: 1,212
jonnymac 26th August 2011

Yesterday morning we received an order for a fairly expensive piece of gear and had concerns about the customer after the phone...

kittonian
replies: 28 views: 1,745
NathanEldred 26th August 2011

Which drum machines are still in production? Had a little go on the MFB 522 the other day and its made me crave analogue drum...

getmethough
replies: 6 views: 1,277
Llitsor 26th August 2011

getting mp3s to stick through youtube? compress on the master? compress the mp3 after? same with websites? so much is lost and so...

ChaosCreation
replies: 34 views: 1,709
tha]-[acksaw 26th August 2011

Has anyone gotten to use both of these or by chance A/B'd them? It seems like people are going nuts for the overstayer. I...

BuildaFriend
replies: 6 views: 2,373
quadrafunk 26th August 2011

Lately I've been listening to a lot of African recordings, from the palm wine sounds of S.E. Rogie, to the famous Fela Ransome...

rene-lemieux
replies: 18 views: 2,243
BudgetMC 26th August 2011

Imagine you were restricted to just 2 SM57, 1 SM7 and 1 U87, what CAN'T be done in a tracking session? These were the top 3 mics...

RiF
replies: 26 views: 1,441
YULOGY 26th August 2011

Hi¡ i bought an ADL 600, but when I move the knob gain, it sounds a little clicks, or crunchy noises, is it normal?, to me it's...

Peter P.
replies: 0 views: 1,670
Peter P. 26th August 2011

Anyone have knowledge of this, is it just simply applying the effect evenly over the kit? Kashmir and some live work are good...

asdfdsa
replies: 1 views: 1,100
hasbeen 26th August 2011

WOW! I really can not decide between these 3 mics. Their all very similar but different at the same time. I want something...

he_isthatguy313
replies: 12 views: 2,234
he_isthatguy313 26th August 2011

Hello all! I just made a realization last night. I know that this has been said before quite a bit on this forum, but lots of...

elamberth
replies: 25 views: 2,187
popmann 26th August 2011

i was looking at trying the new JDK R22 but I've heard a lot of good things about the FMR RNC's and I can get a pair of those for...

scaryonly
replies: 11 views: 3,420
Alchemy Sound 26th August 2011

I figure I'd start a thread for anyone who's concerned about "Irene" effecting their work spaces. I'm in Northern...

gongbass
replies: 1 views: 532
adeptusmajor 26th August 2011

The Octopus Project's 8-Speaker Live Surround-Sound System | Sound and Vision Magazine My band is also instrumental, but...

MoBeach
replies: 1 views: 879
Kiwi 26th August 2011

We installed a new Pro Tools 9 system at work to demo it for voice overs and had a couple questions. We've been using some old...

dbsoundguy
replies: 7 views: 8,590
dbsoundguy 26th August 2011

Hello, I have registered on gearslutz because I have the same problem as RadioBox (listen to his audio...

Melodija
replies: 7 views: 1,546
Peter P. 25th August 2011

I powered on the unit to record some drum tracks today after using it yesterday. Whenever I touch the stepped gain knob this...

dudeitsree
replies: 9 views: 945
Peter P. 25th August 2011

Hello all :-) I've been jumping back an forth back and forth, console no console and so on. Now i have found my mix solution...

lionheart
replies: 9 views: 1,234
lionheart 25th August 2011

Anybody know what microphone Robbie Robertson is using in this video? The Band: how 2nd album was made 2/5 -...

dsl
replies: 4 views: 652
dsl 25th August 2011

Anyone using it and willing to share their opinion? I'm looking for a 88 notes weighted Keyboard for controlling Piano Libraries...

djanogil
replies: 2 views: 2,583
mikeka 25th August 2011

Hi Slutz, I have been working on a track lately that features a vibraphone and electric guitar trading phrases against a 'verbed...

mahler007
replies: 8 views: 767
Syncamorea 25th August 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search