The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

did Anyone tried ribbon mics on toms? I would expect great soundings toms without proximity effect, great transient ecc...?! I...

mattsplace
replies: 20 views: 4,043
miguelno 21st September 2011

Hello, I've created two radio/tv jingles for local businesses (owned by the same person) and need to create a contract by...

Elvis Christ
replies: 8 views: 600
oldeanalogueguy 21st September 2011

For some reason, everytime I use a limiter on my mixes, it always seems to make the louder parts of the song sound very dull and...

Richardwynne
replies: 18 views: 1,677
cavern 21st September 2011

I can't seem to find a good answer for this. Does anyone know a general minimum distance from the mix position where diffusion...

rinkbossy
replies: 5 views: 2,657
ofajen 21st September 2011

I setting up a portable recording outfit. As part of my kit for recording large Choirs and acoustic ensembles to full orchestras...

its_jon
replies: 9 views: 1,800
surflounge 21st September 2011

I hate bose as much as the next guy, but these ipod docks are amazing! I actually use it to check alot of my mixes now. The adams...

Rotaholic
replies: 1 views: 637
JoRillo 21st September 2011

Is there a difference, sound wise? My monitors are running through TRS wires but just wondering if there's a substantial...

Marcel G
replies: 17 views: 1,540
AlexK 21st September 2011

So I'm really fascinated by all the big names that come on here. Its always cool to see (well read I guess) the words from those...

JoRillo
replies: 0 views: 473
JoRillo 21st September 2011

Hey guys, I'm looking for a 7 sting to add to my modest arsenal of guitars but from the looks of things no company makes one...

Shreds
replies: 6 views: 699
Flying_Dutchman 21st September 2011

I have an Audient ASP008 hooked up to Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and am looking to add some high end pres to my set up for lead...

chudslayer
replies: 0 views: 1,538
chudslayer 21st September 2011

Ok people –*I just got the Nebula 3 pro, R2R library and doc fear EQ. What else is a must have libs for Nebula? Any tips? I...

vibralux
replies: 7 views: 1,622
Marsacrare 21st September 2011

Recently got the newish Pod HD Desktop (black bean) and I really like the sound but the factory presets really are mostly...

musicbydesign
replies: 7 views: 11,221
Kiwi 20th September 2011

I found this mic on an old attic the other day, fixed it (took some soldering) and now that it works again I'd like to know more....

Eiko
replies: 6 views: 7,211
Santiago 20th September 2011

I want to buy either the SE Reflexion Filter or the Real Traps PVB. I was leaning towards the PVB and then SE sent me the below...

Krush411
replies: 55 views: 5,826
hereticskeptic 20th September 2011

Hi, Anyone in or around the Phoenix area have a line on a studio or person that would be willing to let me rent/borrow with...

Mr. President
replies: 1 views: 477
BOWIE 20th September 2011

Hi all, I am recording a band and am running into a problem with the drummer. He is pretty good overall, but some of his kick...

neirbod
replies: 10 views: 1,549
Aeolian 20th September 2011
replies: 0 views: 191
Torontorap 20th September 2011

Hi there, I downloaded the free plugin G-snap for tuning vocals etc. What downloaded was a ZIP file and when I extracted a...

scottk312
replies: 1 views: 1,089
NeedsMoreFuzz 20th September 2011

have a client who wants to track oct 8/9. they are a 6-piece avant garde jazz-ish group sort of similar to the bad plus. i want...

jonathan jetter
replies: 1 views: 495
jonathan jetter 20th September 2011

Anyone know how the recent reissue of the TC Electronic Classic Booster + Distortion sounds compared to the original (Booster...

bayko
replies: 9 views: 4,892
Jack Luminous 20th September 2011

The next time you type the word "Saturation" into a post, i.e. "Since I've discovered 'x-saturation' plugin, my...

ToxicAvenger69
replies: 16 views: 1,420
Grin-go-go 20th September 2011

I have just installed a Mackie D8B into the studio, running Version 5.1 software Build 445. Everything is going well at the...

aquabluemusic
replies: 1 views: 1,133
glenn Taylor 20th September 2011

I have a Shure Beta 58a and recently when I removed a mic cable, the pins came out in their housing. I have managed to push them...

Oldnic
replies: 3 views: 760
hasbeen 20th September 2011

HI Guys Does anyone have any ideas about achieving that Stax Vocal( otis redding etc) and guitar(steve cropper) sound?...

d.am
replies: 4 views: 1,504
d.am 20th September 2011

Hello everyone, We built a monitor system utilizing a Yamaha LS9-16 digital mixing board. I have 8 independent mixes for the...

musicguitar
replies: 0 views: 1,018
musicguitar 20th September 2011

I'm about to purchase a new AEA R-84 ribbon mic, mainly for vocal and amp recording. I have a few questions: -What are some...

Reveirg
replies: 8 views: 4,943
Trakworx 20th September 2011

what damage is done to a condenser microphone by dropping it? is it just an on/off type damage (like breaking something...

downrazor11
replies: 18 views: 23,290
FreshSkweez 20th September 2011

I've been using this for vocal takes at home and have really come to like it's nice gain and character. I've been considering...

perform/record
replies: 1 views: 514
Gharper23 20th September 2011

Ok, so I downloaded the Wavelore Pedal Steel demo, apparently not the same player as the real thing, this version uses Kontakt. ...

digibiu
replies: 2 views: 1,228
electraluxx 20th September 2011

is it possible to create a shortcut for the "instrument channel settings" the small "e" below the inspector...

loscolorados
replies: 7 views: 3,025
Matti 20th September 2011

There are songs from all three albums that are of astonishing quality. But there is something aesthetically sub-par about this...

Lrmusic
replies: 2 views: 588
Lrmusic 20th September 2011

Me and my girlfriend are building a preamp. it will be based on this schematic: T&L Publications • View topic -...

LimpyLoo
replies: 7 views: 1,151
LimpyLoo 20th September 2011

I was on my way to lunch when I saw a local-shoe store next door had some kind of rock n roll theme with paper marshallcabinetts...

mattias78
replies: 6 views: 1,214

I'm really trying to save space in this apt in Japan. I know it's not the ideal situation but I'd like to find a home stereo...

ty604
replies: 2 views: 1,299

hey everyone! i'm thinking about upgrading my mixer and considered these two options: the Allen & Heath ZED R16 mixers Or the...

oneoff
replies: 0 views: 683
oneoff 20th September 2011

Hello, I'm seeking some info about Blue Seas Recording Studio that was in Hunts Valley, Maryland. Little Feat's "Feats Don't...

scotty-o
replies: 5 views: 4,550
DaveLeister 20th September 2011

Hi, These are the mics I use for the bass drum, I use them most often in this order: Most of the time MD421. Sometimes E902,...

atomicohm
replies: 33 views: 5,876
opentune 20th September 2011

Anyone planning on using two ATDs with Logic? The new ATDs look really nice but if I don't need Thunderbolt connections should I...

ty604
replies: 4 views: 586
hasbeen 20th September 2011

So I managed to snatch an Apogee Rosetta 800 for €500 to complement my Ensemble and now I'm having wordclock-related first...

exel
replies: 3 views: 745
Doc Mixwell 20th September 2011

I charged $30 for this recording. Is it a good deal?

Scottn
replies: 34 views: 2,216
homesweethome 20th September 2011

Hi there, I'm looking forward to contact Stuart Price for a mix inquiry. Does anyone know which agency manage his booking, or...

silmutine
replies: 0 views: 1,009
silmutine 20th September 2011

These will be my main mix monitors, so I really need the most accurate setup that will translate the best. I'd like to stay...

asdfdsa
replies: 16 views: 1,602
Jomox 20th September 2011

Thinking of getting one... DIY Mic Preamp Kits - Seventh Circle Audio glad to see more stuff coming out for the SCA...

a zombie
replies: 1 views: 1,872
adeptusmajor 20th September 2011

Hello everybody! I'm having trouble contacting Lynn from HTICS pro audio regarding a beautiful console I've put a deposit down...

colonel_sanders
replies: 12 views: 3,827
StudioLogic 20th September 2011

is it possible to make thatTEMPO IS FIXED by default in Cubase 5,6

loscolorados
replies: 7 views: 2,605
Kiwi 20th September 2011

Will go there for a drum session in November. Although it's called "Wood Room" it has brick walls (plus a wooden...

MrVelvet
replies: 4 views: 793
audiomaster 20th September 2011

Poll: Two Aurora Audio GTQC vs. 1 Aurora Audio GTQ2 MkIII and 2 Distressor EL8-X. Comes out to same price point. Both...

IGive'nTakeInfo
replies: 3 views: 1,616
SUPADUPA 20th September 2011

I'm looking at working much more online now and looking into how to receive song tracks. What are you guys using? I'm looking for...

James Lugo
replies: 27 views: 1,488
kosmokrator 20th September 2011

Is there a place online to sell or swap plugins with other users. I'm not talking cracked plugins I'm talking selling my ilok...

czarthp
replies: 3 views: 730
czarthp 20th September 2011

Hello, If You could pick 8 500-series eq's of your choice for tracking and mixing for the following instruments: 1....

PTP
replies: 0 views: 447
PTP 20th September 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search