The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,426
Views: 2,426
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I've had a Roland VM-C 7200 digital mixer for the past 7-8 years and I use it in limited capacity. Essentially it sums a few of...

gongbass
replies: 2 views: 944
gongbass 13th September 2011

I know the "Potion" is more of an old school colored compressor, and that the "Essence" is meant to be more...

NewBlood
replies: 0 views: 399
NewBlood 13th September 2011

I have the option to buy a roland R880 reverb. It is running version 1 and i'm wondering what's the difference to version 2? The...

sprawl
replies: 5 views: 2,252
Jack Luminous 13th September 2011

US-800 USB Audio/Midi Interface-$99 Musiciansfriend.com Thought if someone was looking for a inexpensive audio interface!! 6 mic...

DR Music
replies: 1 views: 1,280
thefyn 13th September 2011

Hi forum. I'm new to engineering and have been reading this forum a lot, but have some questions as I run my first session. I...

quailman
replies: 10 views: 6,317
portishead 13th September 2011

The excitement is a wonderful thing. I am selling my 003 and PTLE software and finally saying farewell to Pro Tools. I used...

everglass
replies: 35 views: 3,471
dwaynedelario 13th September 2011

Ive just started using channel strip plugins for vocals and i was wondering if its ok to use a normal parametric eq before a...

jseo90
replies: 17 views: 1,615
bryan k 13th September 2011

I have to record a call with my iPhone4. I often call with the headset so I've got that idea: Headset on line input Mic to...

Sino
replies: 8 views: 2,156
DaveE 13th September 2011

Hi all, After balking at the price for the Genelec 7050B sub (£729...ouch), I wondered whether any of you know of any...

Woody Aki
replies: 2 views: 2,932
Woody Aki 13th September 2011

This isn't another one of those sample rate "what sounds better" threads but more of a better practice one. I am...

aabbey1
replies: 10 views: 1,658
msquared 13th September 2011

I'd like to find out your take on the subject. There are techniques that maintain phase integrity and others that provide a wider...

haryy
replies: 27 views: 9,748
neirbod 13th September 2011

So I've been thinking of how best to do my acoustic stuff. I've been using two mics and hard panning one L and one R. Now...

kleraudio
replies: 25 views: 1,464
kleraudio 13th September 2011

Hi, I bought myself a pair of Rokit 5, and the guy at the store told me that the simple TS cables were good enough. Does it make...

Andy_1138
replies: 6 views: 6,030
SICKRICK 13th September 2011

I'm looking to put together two channels. Pre, Comp... Neve, API, Helios, UA? I have a few bucks to spend and I thought now...

Dennis
replies: 18 views: 1,639
toneguru 13th September 2011

I'm just wondering if there are pros or cons to having the preamp in my vocal chain set at about 25%? I'm running a BLUE Bottle...

press tone
replies: 7 views: 1,650
nosebleedaudio 13th September 2011

Greetings!! Ok, so I have been using the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra for a while and I really do like it. My only concern is the...

steve0965
replies: 5 views: 3,863
recorder2 13th September 2011

Happened to me the other night. I was singing and right as I went into the chorus of a song, bang, phlegm in my throat, and you...

QuadWing
replies: 14 views: 856
Lenzo 13th September 2011

I was shopping in a local flea market and found a box of old radio and television tubes. I don't know much about vacuum tubes,...

Dreamsindigital
replies: 12 views: 2,184
oldeanalogueguy 13th September 2011

Now ive read that the stedman pop filter is hit or miss and i only have cheap Chinese pop filters, so this could be a step up...

mikeyrad
replies: 4 views: 707
UPRYZ 13th September 2011

any reliable sites? anyone had buyed from musicpower.com?

PRODIJ
replies: 2 views: 818
BLUElightCory 13th September 2011

Hi,im selling my ff400 and found out i lost the power supply (i used bus power). Any way the original rme power supply is:...

meymia
replies: 2 views: 4,463
msquared 13th September 2011

Hello all! On a regular basis I send off my Logic sessions to be mixed and mastered in Pro-Tools. What routinely happens is...

thegeneralpublic
replies: 3 views: 3,086
WoodysProduce 13th September 2011

Avid | Source-Live and Source-Talkback Does it work and sound good? Does anyone know if it works with Tiger/PT7.4? I can't...

James Lugo
replies: 1 views: 735
James Lugo 13th September 2011

one has to go. which one will give me the most use? so far i use the 165a for bass and kick i use the 525 for bass /...

LMS
replies: 0 views: 437
LMS 13th September 2011

So why RCA? Why TRS? Why TS? XLR? Speakons? Banana connectors? Why don't they just use TRS for all connections? Would that not...

ArnieInTheSky
replies: 12 views: 1,247
.:On The Rock:. 13th September 2011

Please someone help me. I seem to keep on spending money on mics that i cant seem to find the right one hittt. I mainly do a lot...

offthewallstudio
replies: 0 views: 704
offthewallstudio 13th September 2011

Last week, I did a recording for a close friend after which we drove out to a show in Providence during which someone broke into...

onlymusicgroup
replies: 6 views: 728
tribedescribe 13th September 2011

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy new mic stands for drum micing. The ones I have, I have 'em since I stated my studio (when I had had...

alexspartacus
replies: 4 views: 1,010
Syncamorea 13th September 2011

I see pics of a lot of 500 series gear where you can see the insides. Is that how they are sold? or are they protected with a...

czarthp
replies: 16 views: 1,075
pan60 13th September 2011

I've been eyeing up X-rack and it's modules, thinking of being different to the masses (who are going the 500 series route) but...

saggsy
replies: 31 views: 9,578
Grahamdwc 13th September 2011

Hi I have around £8,000 worth of instruments and recording equipment and £3000 worth of electrical and valuable/desirable...

AllAboutDrumming
replies: 0 views: 435
AllAboutDrumming 13th September 2011

Starting at 9:00 and on what is that instrument? Love it... then my question would be, is there any virtual instrument of...

rystro
replies: 8 views: 1,450
rystro 13th September 2011

Namely for a Steinway grand. I use 5-8 mics when recording a grand piano. So I prefer 8-channel box (or two 4-channel) I'm...

Kecinzer
replies: 19 views: 2,205
Syncamorea 13th September 2011

When I use power supplies for stuff like the laptop or printer it causes a lot of static noise on my monitors. When I plug them...

AllAboutDrumming
replies: 3 views: 561
Aisle 6 12th September 2011

Anyone know anything bout these? Just saw one on eBay, wondered if it's any good (not looking for anything really hi-end, just...

ekidd91
replies: 1 views: 1,884
pan60 12th September 2011

Fairchild 670 Compressor | eBay Only an extremely modest $50k. Would have thought the seller would have given some...

Mardi Gras
replies: 25 views: 2,445
Ol' Betsey 12th September 2011

Considering portable preamps for motorcycle bag storage to rehearsal facility. Is Really Nice Preamp (RNP) the way to go? Other...

GrooveMerchant
replies: 21 views: 2,136
GrooveMerchant 12th September 2011

So the story goes: my setup: couple of monitor speakers, logic audio and an audio interface i need couple xlr ins couple of...

mariob
replies: 2 views: 1,608
mariob 12th September 2011

I want to track at home in reaper and mix in a studio with a late version of PT (9?) . Other than making sure to always use the...

Kas
replies: 4 views: 986
Kiwi 12th September 2011

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this store? Anyone shopped from there? Are they respectable/legit? They...

binarymilton
replies: 1 views: 502
Dr. Fleischman 12th September 2011

The title says it all. I know some cheaper conversion boxes cut corners on their pres. They might sound awesome on their own,...

NewBlood
replies: 1 views: 672
ears2thesky 12th September 2011

This is for xtc fans. It features the band recording at The Manor in 1980. Very interesting footage. Sorry if this has been...

sunrobot
replies: 13 views: 1,603
D.F. 12th September 2011

I am making a song that is around 4:00min But my timeline go to as much as 60min How do I reduce the timeline from 60min to...

sebdj
replies: 1 views: 2,576
psycho_monkey 12th September 2011

Hi all, I bougth 2 of them 10 years ago, Schoeps of course, but wich one ? I saw I could change the polar pattern, but I didn't...

jbsteho
replies: 2 views: 753
jbsteho 12th September 2011

Hi, I own a 10 years old Marshall JCM 9100 (2x50W rack power amp), and recently got tired of the stock sound delivered by the...

Marcellino
replies: 4 views: 2,187
Marcellino 12th September 2011

Hi, I'm from europe and gonna be around Sunny Ville from now on till next christmas. During this time I want to rent a...

Cosmove
replies: 2 views: 701
Cosmove 12th September 2011

Some more curiousity... How many people here read music magazines? (gear/recording/mixing - NOT NORMAL MUSIC MAGAZINES) And...

replies: 30 views: 2,883
T'Mershi Duween 12th September 2011

Have an 1178 available on this session and wondering some tips on how to set it on overheads. general attack, release settings...

quailman
replies: 12 views: 2,098
vernier 12th September 2011

How do' This is a random one, but do any of you know of any good Hook/Melody Writers? Talking stuff like Rhianna style choruses...

Danny Zuko
replies: 1 views: 1,063
Aeolian 12th September 2011

hi there. Im currently really into mixing. I heard that there are some really good books on the subject and would really like...

Parkinson
replies: 17 views: 1,353
Analogue Nubian 12th September 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search