The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Ok here we have 2 different compressors. What are the (usual) different applications between them? Why would I use one before the...

Salparadise
replies: 5 views: 1,313
psycho_monkey 2nd October 2011

i need help. Ok, so since i cannot use studio monitors i am left with using cans as my only option(neighbors will have a fit). ...

Electro13
replies: 9 views: 1,138
302efi 2nd October 2011

Last week I got a pretty amazing sound with just 1 omni mic (47 clone LDC) placed 9ft in the air just above the kit, 1 (421) kick...

sage691
replies: 13 views: 1,205
phillyn 2nd October 2011

Hey all, I need an amplifier to power a set of 3-way studio monitors. Which would be a better choice the QSC RMX 850 (class A/B)...

nonsuchpro
replies: 0 views: 1,922
nonsuchpro 2nd October 2011

was mixing this rock record today...going back to mixes i'd done a couple weeks ago. trying to figure out how to get that last 5%...

jonathan jetter
replies: 6 views: 704
jonathan jetter 2nd October 2011

Why don't I read about more people doing this?

jbuntz
replies: 11 views: 10,004
mjtripper 2nd October 2011

Southpark episode Funny episode Sea014Ep02

teknatronik
replies: 2 views: 905
Bender412 2nd October 2011

I am trying to decide between the Adam Sub8 and the Focal CMS SUB. The Adam comes with a remote control to change the sub...

capproach
replies: 2 views: 1,298
capproach 2nd October 2011

I found a multitrack recording of Judas Priest and would like to know what type of distortion effect the guitar solo has at 2:13...

sentinel7
replies: 3 views: 893
smili 2nd October 2011

Hey all, I just moved and am looking for a MIDI controller for my new studio. It needs to fit on my desk with my keyboard and...

MaxHupertz
replies: 7 views: 5,482
ageofaudio 2nd October 2011

Hey everyone, I thought it'd be great to share any and all tips and tricks acquired over the years. You can include insider...

asdfdsa
replies: 186 views: 21,436
SLKATZ71 2nd October 2011

Hey guys I just got this new amp to power a Cerwin Vega JE-36c I just picked up. In the future I'm going to have this amp run two...

Lilbroz
replies: 0 views: 1,409
Lilbroz 2nd October 2011

Evening all , I just got some sessions for an artist that noticed some hissing and lot's of noise in the mixes during her...

saguinus_gr
replies: 4 views: 882
Drumsound 1st October 2011

I've been shopping and pricing around online lately.. mostly pricing out api 3124's and deciding which route I'm going to take on...

BFrederick
replies: 2 views: 602
BFrederick 1st October 2011

My buddy ( a young guitar virtuoso ) is going on his 2nd European tour in November and he was asking me if I knew of any cool...

dabigfrog
replies: 13 views: 11,850
Blurgh 1st October 2011

i need help. Ok, so since i cannot use studio monitors i am left with using cans as my only option(neighbors will have a fit). ...

Electro13
replies: 21 views: 2,170
Anthony Duran 1st October 2011

So Ive got 4 lavalier mics that werent turned off during recording drums... I'd like to automate mutes to get rid of the...

kleraudio
replies: 3 views: 1,740
kleraudio 1st October 2011

I'm a bit confused about the inputs and outputs of the HD omni. I did a search on here and found loads of threads on the Omni...

Jorg
replies: 3 views: 5,655
T_R_S 1st October 2011

All, I'm trying to get the chorus (vocals) to sit behind the mix. I've tried everything at this point (eq, lowering vocal...

twotonbrick
replies: 12 views: 830
jonathan jetter 1st October 2011

I have my kick drum on mixer channel one. I want to effect 8 separate sounds with this single kick signal. How ? I wire my...

Major Tom
replies: 12 views: 1,029
savyurrecords 1st October 2011

hiya!! I have gotten to the point where I KNOW I am missing a lot in the low-end of my mixes. I own a pair of Yorkville YSM1p's....

fooman
replies: 4 views: 785
fooman 1st October 2011

I started out with a new Fender Chroma Polaris and along the way have had Roland D-50, Korg Wavestation, a Mini Moog and there...

tenorjazz
replies: 0 views: 508
tenorjazz 1st October 2011

If I asked you, what are the sonic characteristics of Jazz, what would you say?

Drum Mason
replies: 1 views: 1,438
Jim Williams 1st October 2011

I know I should of thought of this question when Butch Vig was on here doing a Q&A. But does anyone know what effects were...

Keith Moore
replies: 10 views: 7,977
Waltz Mastering 1st October 2011

I just grabbed a 28 channel SW series 30 it s 8 buss but how do you mix on this ??? are the bus groups just raw outputs do they...

Kris Bang Boom
replies: 13 views: 855
Kris Bang Boom 1st October 2011

Lavry's paper that everyone loves to point to says this: How many sample points are needed? Analog signal is continuous thus it...

oldeanalogueguy
replies: 167 views: 9,244
Audiop 1st October 2011

Hey fellow gearslutz!! Wow I was listening to Madonna's Ray of Light in along time and I once again noticed how great this...

xqtion
replies: 1 views: 2,529
gainreduction 1st October 2011

I have heard that there is signal degredation when re-amping is used, and I am wondering how much truth there is here? Obviously...

Devon8822
replies: 30 views: 5,010
mu6gr8 1st October 2011

Hey guys, wonder if you could help me choose which mics to record solo violin. It's a classical part that's going to soar...

robteehan
replies: 5 views: 947
axlepaas 1st October 2011

Hay slutz , I'm a bedroom banger electronic/hiphop producer and conciencious gearslut. I've been building up my studio over a few...

Protokol
replies: 24 views: 1,364
jonathan jetter 1st October 2011

Pretty much what the titles asks. Do in ear monitors isolate better when they are being driven? Of course you won't hear as...

BigKD
replies: 5 views: 713
wesarvin 1st October 2011

Fellow slutz! So I've talked to a couple people about this, and ended up at guitar center and asked them (not too much help as...

DRMS4LYFE
replies: 5 views: 2,679
DRMS4LYFE 1st October 2011

My wife does voice over work from home and is looking to offset some tax liability/ improve her sound with some new...

branima
replies: 1 views: 539
sonic dogg 1st October 2011

Hi, does anyone make a Audio to MIDI translator program? What I am looking to do is I have some string parts that were produced...

garymusic
replies: 13 views: 3,253
oldeanalogueguy 1st October 2011

I have someone that really likes the vocal sound on this song . Any ideas on how to copy it ? yKyEzV3ZWqU

ScumBum
replies: 27 views: 2,311
yotonic 1st October 2011

I recorded an acoustic guitar that sounded boomy, so I put an EQ on it and cut the lows and scooped the low mids. Well then it...

ironbelly
replies: 10 views: 1,057
DannyMac 30th September 2011

I'm looking to add a few more sounds to my drum arsenal. I'm looking for big Kicks, Claps, Snaps, Loops, Sweeps, & FX. Any...

DBillz
replies: 3 views: 7,041
rocksure 30th September 2011

We put up a demo video today if you want to check out the Little Devil Colored Boost...

Torrance
replies: 0 views: 1,145
Torrance 30th September 2011

Adam made the A7's in white http://images.pricerunner.com/product/image/139870344/Adam-A7-Special-Edition-White.jpg How long...

musicl
replies: 4 views: 4,975
Karura 30th September 2011

So I just had a conversation with a man who praised Yamaha NS10s, not saying "they are the best in the world" but...

JoRillo
replies: 7 views: 2,550
theblue1 30th September 2011

I have narrowed down the headphones out there to these 3 pairs after doing some reseach. Bear in mind, I have less expensive...

Tube World
replies: 7 views: 7,918
sonic dogg 30th September 2011

I was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on Grace Design microphone preamps like the 101 or the 201. Not many people...

TooledUp
replies: 25 views: 13,610
carlsd 30th September 2011

I've been using Mid-Side configurations a lot recently, and it's got me wondering about one or two things. 1. Why does the side...

binarymilton
replies: 7 views: 2,732
travisbrown 30th September 2011

I've been using select Mackie products since they were Tapco and while they may be looked down upon by the big boys they have...

loopy
replies: 15 views: 1,585
Howie J 30th September 2011

I am going through Bob Katz's guide on How to set up the subwoofer. I have set up the woofer at the sweet spot and looking to do...

Rokus666
replies: 3 views: 820
Xander 30th September 2011

I know alot of Slutz play instruments. I notice many of the folks on here say that about half the time while engineering, they...

Jax
replies: 16 views: 1,470
Musiclab 30th September 2011

Hope this is in the right place. Was wondering if anyone could help me identify this speaker. It looks to possibly be from the...

Maniac_Sound
replies: 10 views: 3,575
theblue1 30th September 2011

So im setting up my first surround sound for the home theater and im stuck because my reciever thing only has one HDMI slot, so...

Realziment
replies: 7 views: 1,180
ct1123 30th September 2011

Hi! I'm thinking of getting a big monitors (between Adam A7x's) in a future studio that I should make with my partner. I think of...

JanZoo
replies: 15 views: 8,467
Peter Millar 30th September 2011

Hi all, searched the forums with no definitive answer. The question is as the title states: when using VCC, shouldn't the...

The Greening
replies: 5 views: 3,444
AshleySmith06 30th September 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search