The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

For the last 5 years I've been using a pair of Behringer MS16 Active Monitors. I know their at the low end of the market when it...

amrindersandhu
replies: 15 views: 2,857
Klacktor 20th October 2011

i know this is one of those love to hate type threads but,,,,,,was interested in hearing anyones thoughts on something special...

gouge
replies: 0 views: 569
gouge 20th October 2011

Greetings...I am new here, so I hope I'm in the right forum for this....I am in need of a Simpson VU meter for my Gates Diplomat...

stevethedjthedj
replies: 0 views: 981
stevethedjthedj 20th October 2011

I'm a little out of touch with 2 inch tape. I want to pick up a machine to work with my ProTools rig. Can someone give me some...

REX
replies: 1 views: 478
David Schober 20th October 2011

Got a Focusrite Voicemaster Platinum Pro. The needle on the VU meter works one sec and then doesn't with no real reason. I've...

Indellable
replies: 2 views: 1,640
oldeanalogueguy 20th October 2011

What exactly is this and how do i know how much to give a mic.

LGC47
replies: 15 views: 1,230
oldeanalogueguy 20th October 2011

Okay, I have been trying to figure out this issue with this board for a few days now. I have the Firewire card installed, and as...

Galleddrim
replies: 7 views: 1,863
jazzz_man 20th October 2011

Hey There, I am interested in picking up a Bottle Rocket Stage 1 once I save up enough money, I will obviously have to use the...

MutantTurtle182
replies: 7 views: 885
MutantTurtle182 20th October 2011

OK- first a little about the type of music I'm recording. It's mostly rock- lots of drums, guitars, bass, organ, piano,...

dasnub
replies: 14 views: 1,214
Kiwi 20th October 2011

Anyone know what kind of a Marshall Cab this is?? I know it might be hard to determine. Is it some kind of 1960 Marshall cab??...

peepee
replies: 7 views: 1,420
rksguit 20th October 2011

Is it just me, or is all music by ASIA mixed wrong? Sounds all muddy to me, and in some songs I hear the drums way up front, or...

amfortas2006
replies: 36 views: 2,243
Matt Hepworth 20th October 2011

I was practicing some song with bass. There's no tab available and I have to learn the song by ear. I don't hear bass sound well...

crashhak
replies: 7 views: 1,175
crashhak 20th October 2011

So we just got an echo pre8 for our studio and found out it only has 8 input channels, and of the 16 that were advertised, half...

Nooel
replies: 0 views: 508
Nooel 20th October 2011

I'm trying to use the M Box 2 with Reaper. It shows up in the I/O options and I was able to set up all the routing, but there is...

Warfunkel
replies: 0 views: 426
Warfunkel 19th October 2011
Avatar for Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording

I sense that this has to be a dumb question... But I have yet to come up with a really good reason to spend money on a security...

Jim Keaney @ Devotion Recording
replies: 8 views: 1,509
sundial 19th October 2011

I'm not sure if this is quite the right place to put this.. hopefully it is.. I'm soon going to be upgrading my windows laptop...

elnombre
replies: 4 views: 849
elnombre 19th October 2011

Hi I'm interested in the workflow of guys mixing OTB or using summing boxes in Logic. In particular I'm talking about an SSL...

The Beatsmith
replies: 6 views: 2,302
jac 19th October 2011

hello i've tried most String samples libraries (LA Scoring Strings, EQWLSXP, SYmphobia...), they're all great, but right now i...

invalidusername
replies: 4 views: 1,370
Kiwi 19th October 2011

hello, im trying to find out which piano chords: A-Cis-Fis A-Cis-Gis and Gis-Cis-E are. Please help me.

Eisbude
replies: 9 views: 1,572
Kiwi 19th October 2011

Is there anything better than the built in Voice Memo app? I have seen rumblings on the web that iTunes can refuse to upload...

Jules
replies: 24 views: 7,634
junior 19th October 2011

This isn't one of those I nee one good mic to do everything! Threads. We have a few nice mics already but I need more options And...

TehGuitarist
replies: 9 views: 890
kittonian 19th October 2011

Last nights tracking session was cxled early due to a static like grainy noise entering my xlr snake. Its 100' and i've never...

diskreet1
replies: 21 views: 3,110
paulrk 19th October 2011

I've been trying to get a similar guitar sound to this guitar in the intro of this song. I can get something kind of like it but...

dannympo
replies: 1 views: 465
thepilgrimsdream 19th October 2011

a good friend of mine is putting together a home system to listen to music and I realized I have no idea what to recommend. ...

otobianki74
replies: 1 views: 542
Jay M 19th October 2011

I mixed in the box (logic) and got a good balance/mix/ gain staging. im peaking at around -6 on the daw master. now i want to...

Rea
replies: 8 views: 1,374
kooz 19th October 2011

Time is money.How do you know how competent a session player is when you are trying to communicate a style,mood,idea? Let's say...

Eric Edwards
replies: 7 views: 792
RKrizman 19th October 2011

Hi There, anyone got experience in having compared those two mics? what are the main differences sound-wise? which one is...

Leonardo_007
replies: 0 views: 2,320
Leonardo_007 19th October 2011

The first person to date it correctly and when exactly it was first used will win a Gearslutz.com T-shirt and mug! (GS...

Jules
replies: 59 views: 3,322
william_cross 19th October 2011

Hello I would like to spend 10 k but I need some advices I work with Pt HD console old K2 soundcraft pres BAE and shadowhills...

Johnny Paez
replies: 8 views: 790
Funny Cat 19th October 2011

Hey guys Having a lot of trouble finding a 5 pin female XLR to 2x XLR male for my recorder for field recording. Any help? Thanks...

samueljustice00
replies: 2 views: 1,183
samueljustice00 19th October 2011

I know this is a noob-ish question, but hear me out. I play and record guitar for a living. I work quite a bit. But I've...

suckamc
replies: 4 views: 642
Bristol_Jonesey 19th October 2011

What are you guys using it on? Cheers Al

Worlez
replies: 6 views: 1,135
psycho_monkey 19th October 2011

Fancier invite to follow but meanwhile - read about it here! http://www.vintageking.com/Afterglow

Jules
replies: 53 views: 6,254
Musiclab 19th October 2011

hi there, here is a small sample of a drumset i miced up lately: http://soundcloud.com/zinzin/drums-today would like to know...

zinzin
replies: 2 views: 583
zinzin 19th October 2011

I need 32 xlr female and 14 xlr male connectors , I want to use Neutrik where in the GTA or Canada can I get a bulk deal and get...

Kris Bang Boom
replies: 3 views: 3,106
Granny Gremlin 19th October 2011

I have a 4 x 4 vocal booth currently on a wooden floor, so need to put something under it to minimise vibrations etc... Whats...

chrisgil
replies: 0 views: 644
chrisgil 19th October 2011

My question or porpousal is for debating about pros and contras about new vs classic, i dont talking about neve 1073 (70´s) vs...

estudiohighend
replies: 1 views: 432
jstummbillig 19th October 2011

Hey all. Anybody using any of these listed below for a while find them ok? I'm in need of a powered monitor switcher and cant...

nonsuchpro
replies: 1 views: 4,713
Jeff16years 19th October 2011

My Rosetta 800 stopped working one day in my studio with my RME card. I can get signal into Cubase, but no music comes out. Even...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 3 views: 609
Glenn Bucci 19th October 2011

Hello - for anyone in the know, what's the Savannah, GA music scene like? Thanks, Rob

tazman
replies: 14 views: 5,120
GrievousAngel 19th October 2011

Hi, I just bought a Pro 40 and tried to hook it up to my PC today (windows 7 64bit - LaCie 400 PCI card with TI chipset). ...

Dee76
replies: 6 views: 877
DonM 19th October 2011

I thought I remember reading a thread here once where people talked about a vocal recording technique that involved a close mic...

vtone
replies: 4 views: 5,287
John1982 19th October 2011

I've got an opportunity to buy a pair of JBL 4435 studio monitors for 5K, just wondering is it worth the money. Anybody got this...

hpp
replies: 7 views: 11,407
jensenmann 19th October 2011

Hello all, I am preparing to press and print one of my first self produced CD projects and I wanted to ask for some advice on...

SugarFreeze
replies: 0 views: 674
SugarFreeze 19th October 2011

Hi Guys! Just wanted to let you know that the PUREMIX team will be at the AES show. Around the Dangerous Music and Focal booth...

chavernac
replies: 0 views: 577
chavernac 19th October 2011

One Man! He's one bad mutha!

jusdel
replies: 0 views: 453
jusdel 19th October 2011

IE: do you pre treat the kick(eq, compress, transient design) to make the attack stand out more making the replacement plug...

1/2 Normal
replies: 3 views: 591
slaves666 19th October 2011

So I am investing in a reflexion filter for vocals and have considered the se electronics filter. I found another one by a...

projektk
replies: 11 views: 1,948
joeq 19th October 2011

Dunno if posting in the right place but anyway... for those who don't know... www.transferbigfiles.com lets you code a widget...

Suda Badri
replies: 9 views: 1,208
Suda Badri 19th October 2011

I know our kind moderator is a vocal coach...and searches brought up some others who've had commentary on this issue, so...

popmann
replies: 82 views: 16,660
FireMoon 19th October 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search