The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello, I'm trying to start up my studio and trying to get a 32 channel mixer. Most studios in my city use the C-24 and im trying...

SonnyP
replies: 0 views: 1,003
SonnyP 12th November 2011

ok so while i wait for my focals , which would be mor accurate behringer truth b1031a or yamaha hs50m ? i know hs are bright anno...

joeebangs
replies: 0 views: 1,616
joeebangs 12th November 2011

So we're installing a Matrix in our studio- we do music for TV commercials, so we work to picture, have to have instant recall,...

alexkemp
replies: 0 views: 781
alexkemp 12th November 2011

... but not by me, unfortunately. I'm having a little trouble understaning the term saturation. It seems to me to be used...

Sotsirc
replies: 22 views: 2,895
oldeanalogueguy 12th November 2011

I got my Taylor Acoustic Guitar sitting my control room because I need it while writing. Sometimes it just sits in the back on...

Jorg
replies: 31 views: 3,323
malaclypse 11th November 2011

Does anybody know the if there is any differences in sound between the three different Valley Dynamites...Valley People...

mr_T
replies: 5 views: 7,765
ray_subsonic 11th November 2011

uh-oh... EMI Sold to Universal, Sony/ATV for $4.1 Billion - ABC News

pan
replies: 8 views: 1,060
Brentley Womac 11th November 2011

Alright yall, I'm recording a demo of my band for class. We sound like this but a bit trippier nowadays...

CriscoDisco
replies: 3 views: 588
Warfunkel 11th November 2011

Probably a dumb question...But, people often refer to the master outputs as a 2Bus. I always thought of a "bus" as...

hauntedclutter
replies: 35 views: 1,710

16.00 Gearslutz.com* present: How to get a job at a recording studio (and do you really want one)? A discussion panel about the...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 418
Jules 11th November 2011

16.00 Gearslutz.com* present: How to get a job at a recording studio (and do you really want one)? A discussion panel about the...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 465
Jules 11th November 2011

Im in the market for a new studio mic i got about 500 to spend and i need something thats good for rap and autotune singing im...

zayzay92
replies: 21 views: 2,028
Slikjmuzik 11th November 2011

Hi Folks. This is the story. We are opening for a big act in a month. It will be acoustic: one acoustic guitar, 2 Vocals, Male...

Lolo22
replies: 7 views: 823

So basically since I started my career in audio, I've pretty much always compressed to tape when tracking vocals. Right now...

echojulca
replies: 9 views: 1,038
theblue1 11th November 2011

The problem i have is, when im producing in Logic Pro 9, i use alot of different Vsts and after i hit a certain number of tracks,...

Suavee
replies: 2 views: 545

Been researching this for weeks, finally posting result, I think these win. ~40 dB passive isolation. Anything I...

recorder2
replies: 3 views: 2,334
steverispin 11th November 2011

i ask because i just bought a console from a studio in houston, texas. bert oversaw the design, construction, and installation of...

DQA123
replies: 4 views: 1,387
Lisafrilot 11th November 2011

John hasn't been replying to any emails for some time now. I sent him a 4 channel M1 to get serviced months ago. Anyone speak...

Deleted 37a7726
replies: 20 views: 2,690
Radiance 11th November 2011

I'm talking to someone about doing mix work. Sounds like they're interested in developing a longer term relation ship and are...

BobSchwenkler
replies: 92 views: 4,670
Kenny Gioia 11th November 2011

Mixing in PT, I see some guys using the digi "pitch" plugin to widen the lead vocal but I don't always like the sound...

littlesicily
replies: 24 views: 10,098
Yetti 11th November 2011

My background is more choir and classical singing, would like to improve my rock and pop vocal chops. So looking for a rock/pop...

johnnyc
replies: 5 views: 740

Hey all, I recently purchased an F-16 and am trying to get it to communicate with PT 9.03 (on a Mac w OS 10.6.8). I still have...

PlugHead
replies: 0 views: 821
PlugHead 11th November 2011

It's the day where everything goes to 11! gooof To celebrate the most rock 'n roll day of them all, I built my very own mini...

KillerV
replies: 9 views: 766
warhead 11th November 2011

I'm wondering how well the Relab 480 saturates a sound compared to other plugins? How about the bottom end?

hemmick reef
replies: 14 views: 1,611
kittonian 11th November 2011

Does anyone use the Klark-Teknik DN780? I ran across one and fell in love. The setting called 'Alive' is the best snare verb I...

madmith
replies: 0 views: 2,039
madmith 11th November 2011

Yo, Our studio received a $2,000 donation, and my studio partner and I are having trouble deciding what we want to purchase...

Evenyre
replies: 11 views: 961
edva 11th November 2011

The endless pontifications on the value of high-end gear -- as opposed to talent, or passion, or creativity, or any other non...

bogosort
replies: 7 views: 788
Liberty Studio 11th November 2011

EMI Gets Bought | ExploreMusic I didn't see this news here at GS so I posted. If this is not the appropriate sub-forum, mods...

brockorama
replies: 0 views: 650
brockorama 11th November 2011

I know this has been discussed, at great (and often tedious) length. Usually the suggestion that UAD could go native some time...

The Fold Studios
replies: 9 views: 4,335
Marando 11th November 2011

which has overall best sound quality? i am recording directly into garageband via usb. the type of singing is dance/pop music...

kraken
replies: 0 views: 765
kraken 11th November 2011

I have an american fender j bass on loan and wanted to know a little bit about it. I think it's a '67 but I'm not sure. The...

RonGherkins
replies: 5 views: 715
BB Bill 11th November 2011

Hi! The reported excellent transient response and overall better design of the Focal CMS40 caught my attention. Would you...

sonorsnoopy
replies: 1 views: 2,540
Murat Lahur 11th November 2011

Hi, Im considering the purchase of an Rosetta 800 for a decent price, wondering a couple of things.. I want to, in the future,...

Pchicago
replies: 3 views: 687
yoshimodular 11th November 2011

Hey all, Long story short is that I'm seriously considering grabbing a pair of the ams neve 1073 pre's with the 3-band eq...

thatproducerguy
replies: 1 views: 1,087
Leonardo_007 11th November 2011

I mean... really. iVictrola | Uncrate http://uncrate.com/p/2011/09/ivictrola-xl.jpg

BudgetMC
replies: 5 views: 702
maistor 11th November 2011

Hi, I am going to be replacing the tweeters on my NS10's (vertical), the current tweeters are the originals (before the ns10m...

elliottteachey
replies: 3 views: 1,313
jmp72 11th November 2011

Hi Guy's, I use Cubase 5 as my DAW and have been a Cubase user for ever. Came from the analog mixers days and switch to ITB...

denlig
replies: 3 views: 741
denlig 11th November 2011

Hey guys ... So when I mix, I'm finding that subtle uses of distortion can really make that extra oomph. A lot of the time,...

theCota
replies: 24 views: 3,942
Karloff70 11th November 2011

I just had a good listen to their clips on the net and apart from laughing myself silly I have to say, I really dig the...

musikwerks
replies: 11 views: 1,809
soundrick 11th November 2011

i just got my first ev re20 and it sounds great overall but after a direct comparison amongst my mics i noticed the overall...

casa de awesome
replies: 6 views: 3,171
Edward Shnapper 11th November 2011

Reposting this from another forum. Is it possible to route an aux to a bus?

Nathanael PCB
replies: 1 views: 933
Sofa King 11th November 2011

why do all my exported wavs have more energy on one side than the other? p.s. it's not due to panning

Edward Shnapper
replies: 6 views: 641
jitterybit 11th November 2011

I've owned a pair of PMC TB2-SA's for 18 months now and I am still having problems with them. I find them to be too smooth, and...

Worlez
replies: 10 views: 1,463
Spec 11th November 2011

Tape machine plugins. I'm afraid I don't fully understand the inner workings. I noticed some offset (why?) and saturation, but...

ssiicckkoo
replies: 10 views: 1,402
oldeanalogueguy 11th November 2011

When i do drum quantise, i always end up with harsh sounding overheads, hats and room, because ... well...so much cuts and...

stafs
replies: 8 views: 3,231
Deleted User 11th November 2011

Hi slutz, Just wanted to make this little point that never really gets mentioned as it gets drowned out by the groans and...

Roy drage
replies: 40 views: 3,045
kats 11th November 2011

ok, writing my first cover letter looking for a job or internship and i am crap at the kind of thing, could somebody have a read...

Deleted 651cf92
replies: 41 views: 2,819
Elvis Christ 11th November 2011

Let's say you want to start a small record label or publishing company, with the intent of occasionally signing those artists you...

recordinghopkins
replies: 7 views: 846
oldeanalogueguy 11th November 2011

Any help would be much appreciated. The file is still in the audio folder and contains its unique id but, unlike every other...

hihello
replies: 3 views: 865
hihello 11th November 2011

Hello! This is my first post here on Gearsluts so please be gentle. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the LA...

Smudge
replies: 8 views: 2,107
tomeford 11th November 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search