The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi guys, 1st time visiting the UK. I can finally have me a proper Guinness heh I always end up taking gear with me on trips,...

Big_Bang
replies: 14 views: 1,403
Big_Bang 11th January 2012

Bringing in some musicians to play over a (mostly) ITB (as in sound libraries/MIDI) production. Would love some insight from...

Sotsirc
replies: 31 views: 1,686
semion 11th January 2012

Yes I've searched, thank you! I've got the SD Usbpre2. It's great. I had RME before and I bet the Babyface is great. The...

Shaolin
replies: 5 views: 1,857
Shaolin 11th January 2012

I use an MR816x which has quite good preamps. My bass amp has just died and I'm now thinking about DI'ing my bass into the MR,...

hemmick reef
replies: 0 views: 808
hemmick reef 11th January 2012

This is the situation. I record demos in Logic 9 with loops and electric guitar and bass at 32 samples. I send a mp3 mixdown to...

petmar
replies: 0 views: 468
petmar 11th January 2012

Hi Can anyone suggest a good DI around the £100 mark for taking guitar DI's as a backup in case some reamping is...

Pies
replies: 11 views: 5,143
Big Wheels 11th January 2012

Every vocal that I hear coming out a label's studio is very present. Radio hits, the vocal seems to have high freq pass filter...

fuzzface777
replies: 9 views: 874
travisbrown 11th January 2012

I'm having an Issue with Apogee AD 8000 recording summed audio from Dbox back into my Digi 003. My I O connections are.....Adat...

BlueFire
replies: 1 views: 1,512
iMusicMan 11th January 2012

Hi, I know there's a million posts on DAWs summing and how some people swear they sound different and others the same, BUT i'm...

jpmmusic
replies: 161 views: 11,629
-tc- 11th January 2012

I was at a studio a few days ago with a friend of mine, and he was making a beat (I was there just to watch), and the guy who...

sargentpilcher
replies: 9 views: 885
sargentpilcher 11th January 2012

Here is a link to a website that I found that has side by side comparisons of a Neumann TLM 103 vs a Rode NT1a, if anybody wanted...

madehumble
replies: 0 views: 7,828
madehumble 11th January 2012

Is there a plugin out there that can tell me the exact BPM of audio recordings of guitar riffs?

Devon8822
replies: 10 views: 10,840
madehumble 11th January 2012

Hello Gearslutz, I've helped a friend of mine by investing some time for is corporate computer stuff and now he wants to return...

JeanDit
replies: 2 views: 1,070
Cubaser 11th January 2012

Can't find one. Before thinking any harder on jumping to HD native with an avid interface, I want to see exactly how the...

crazyhorserocks
replies: 0 views: 1,349
crazyhorserocks 11th January 2012

This might be obvious, but not to me. I've always wished that Pro Tools had a panning knob instead of sliders. Are there any...

rinkbossy
replies: 6 views: 1,612
jonathan jetter 11th January 2012

Using Mr Search Button, I surmise that both these units are top picks for a portable studio with mac. *Ensemble mic pres...

fuzzface777
replies: 11 views: 1,488
turtlejon 11th January 2012

Hi, I have my heart set on buying a matched pair of Neumann KM184's, potentially for drum overheads and micing an acoustic...

TomMartin
replies: 6 views: 1,310
newdigitaluser 11th January 2012

2012 is here...what did I miss last year? Or the years before...? Love to check out all music from any genre as long as you think...

vodka gimli
replies: 18 views: 1,063
famousbass 11th January 2012

Hi there everybody, so.... this is for the iPad-users among us. I'm curious to know what you guys you use your iPad for? Mobile...

Tuberizer
replies: 74 views: 9,492
uptoolate 11th January 2012

Just wanted to see what you guys thought of this product. Zen and the Art of Mixing Might be perfect for me. Anyone try it?

Kenny Gioia
replies: 9 views: 2,797
Old Goat 11th January 2012

DBX 1BX3 I was given this years ago and never really used it.. anybody using one for anything?

RightOnRome
replies: 1 views: 2,014
RightOnRome 11th January 2012

"A bit more risk-taking all round would be nice." -Matmos

LimpyLoo
replies: 69 views: 3,667
zwatrif 11th January 2012

Hello, I have an metal strings acoustic electric guitar with regular under saddle pick and mounted Prescence, Treble, Mid,...

javierj
replies: 1 views: 1,284
Kiwi 11th January 2012

Greetings! I've got a thiele cab I use for guitar and was wondering if I needed to mic the port as well as the speaker. I've...

CthonicEwes
replies: 4 views: 808
Steve_B 11th January 2012

Currently using the Firestudio and also have Onyx 1620 board w/ firewire option (no eq mod). Only have one outboard pre, Blue...

jacksonburn
replies: 13 views: 1,221
jacksonburn 10th January 2012

Been looking to upgrade my monitors and lately investigating Bm5a, Adam A7s among others. Msp5 are probably closer to a realistic...

panimal
replies: 0 views: 1,543
panimal 10th January 2012

Hello all, been lurking for a while, finally got around to registering and posting now that I've made up my mind on my first gear...

bebopcola
replies: 0 views: 666
bebopcola 10th January 2012

Let's say you have a simple vocal chain with Autotune, compression, EQ, and reverb and delay sends, all sitting on an audio track...

pinkheadedbug
replies: 6 views: 1,825
cowboycoalminer 10th January 2012

a day or two ago(right before I had to track some vocals, of course) my Blue Robbie preamp starts giving me this super quiet...

sroreilly
replies: 1 views: 953
binarymilton 10th January 2012

Hi! I currently have a Motu 8 pre and want to add 2 more channels. It's for recording drums and the xtra channels will be for...

petmar
replies: 2 views: 949
dsykut 10th January 2012

Hi, I'm looking to record my second studio album. I got the opportunity to mix my last on Neve 8068, which was somewhat of a...

JAY D
replies: 0 views: 1,002
JAY D 10th January 2012

Hi there, I'm getting ready to drop some money into my current studio (about 10k) and am researching consoles (as always). I...

SDB_12
replies: 5 views: 2,746
SDB_12 10th January 2012

I've been surprised at the terrific gain output performance of my new Sm7b. I continued to hear that it required over 60db of...

guitarboy94
replies: 7 views: 1,669
VWYF11 10th January 2012

I don't usually go around asking what people are up to unless an odd topic comes up and I happen to be passing by, but I kind of...

Barish
replies: 3 views: 1,036
Barish 10th January 2012

Hello, I've been looking for an audio interface for my flatlet's studio, and I stumbled on this new device from Akai, the EIE...

ssido
replies: 4 views: 2,591
beasone 10th January 2012

So I've got the Bluebird, which is stellar on vocals/acoustic guitar. I'm considering picking up a second so that I can do stereo...

amberjazz
replies: 0 views: 573
amberjazz 10th January 2012

Were the following original vintage keyboards mono or stereo? 1. Prophet 5 2. Oberheim OBx not OBXA 3. Clavinet 4.Unless it...

skiroy
replies: 3 views: 1,515
Steamy Williams 10th January 2012

Family and i are moving mid Feb to Huntsville-Texas and I am looking for a studio to track in and perhaps partner up with. If...

chrisg.
replies: 2 views: 1,399
chrisg. 10th January 2012

Looking into getting one, not sure which is more worth it. I want good converters, pre amps, and clocking all in one and they...

Thearch
replies: 5 views: 1,843
sjantonelli 10th January 2012

The only annoying thing about getting new gear. I'm at capacity. Can't flat pack with all the custom-shape polystyrene. 1)...

Tim Davis
replies: 36 views: 2,081
audiothing 10th January 2012

I upgraded my osx 10.4 to 10.5. Since i upgraded my osx i dont have any sound through my motu. It saysat cuemix outputs disabled...

datafeist
replies: 1 views: 1,016
phillpgh 10th January 2012

I've completed an intense period of R&D and now have a new modification for the RODE NT1a - new, more open-area "67 /...

Michael_Joly
replies: 69 views: 27,134
sgmusic 10th January 2012

Of the two scenarios what would have the best quality 2 channel result? 1. AF12 Multiple out> outboard gear > Lavry AD11...

goslar
replies: 0 views: 656
goslar 10th January 2012

Hi there, I'm thinking about buying the Presonus Firestudio so that I can use the interface and remote as a 5.1 monitor station...

Dodgedis
replies: 0 views: 961
Dodgedis 10th January 2012

I'm considering some kind of mult-effects unit for fun.... not recording or live. I've been looking at Boss, Line6, Rocktron etc....

nonsuchpro
replies: 2 views: 3,234
nonsuchpro 10th January 2012

Hi guy's I'm the drummer in a band and we need to use backing tracks live. we have been doing this for a while now, but need to...

benjisonfire
replies: 3 views: 3,180
neirbod 10th January 2012

Let's have a list! Unique means just that - unique. It doesn't mean what you like/don't like, it doesn't mean what sounds good...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 247 views: 15,092
Bristol_Jonesey 10th January 2012

Old 'Glass Harp' and 'Scarlett Pumpernickle' members still making great music - and doing it well. Area Musician Makes it to No....

jchas
replies: 0 views: 572
jchas 10th January 2012

I just did some quick math and discovered I have 7 compressors that give me a total of 13 channels and cost a total of around...

dysenterygary
replies: 26 views: 1,622
Bassmankr 10th January 2012

Hi All, I was reviewing some mixes that were done a little while ago, 24/44.1 mixed in Pro Tools then OTB into a console and...

roundaboutmusic
replies: 4 views: 2,390
-tc- 10th January 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search