The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

so...here's what i'm working with... one-room studio with a bluesky 2.1 monitor system... i need something with isolation...

diff
replies: 7 views: 812
John Willett 27th December 2011
replies: 0 views: 2,164
H4nd 27th December 2011

I am a sucker for old 80's knobby digital rack effects units. Recently I've become infatuated with the Digitech RDS-8000 Time...

Quartermass
replies: 1 views: 1,737
Jack Salamander 27th December 2011

Hi! Anyone have experience using the onyx 1640i with mac (snow leopard) and pro tools 9.0? Thanks

Pablo_Arabia
replies: 4 views: 1,036
Badhatter 27th December 2011

Upgrading a VO booth signal chain and happened to hear some samples of a Mojave 201 FET LDC today. With a UA 610 II pre it was...

mikeshep
replies: 2 views: 1,299
CasadeBomba 27th December 2011

Hello hello! I am working on a lounge album and have been listening to... what else... The Girl From Ipanema. The sound is so...

mrnemo
replies: 0 views: 1,053
mrnemo 27th December 2011

got rid of my Boss GT-8 to grab a Vox ToneLab ST (even thought I traded to get that GT-8 back) Anyway, I've found software for...

rancid_keone
replies: 0 views: 1,940
rancid_keone 27th December 2011

I've been using Real Player media player for years ( RealPlayer Downloader ). The most important feature it offered was the...

Keyplayer
replies: 13 views: 1,192
NeoHippy 27th December 2011

Can someone please help me understand what the difference between Monophonic, Polyphonic, and unison settings on synths...

gritzildino
replies: 6 views: 7,186
NeoHippy 27th December 2011

Looking for some kind of secondary boom add-on so I can have 2 mics on ONE mic stand to record acoustic guitar and vocals at the...

JLiRD808
replies: 0 views: 2,893
JLiRD808 27th December 2011

I'm looking for a smooth way to set up listenback from the live room whilst tracking drums. I find the kit mics are usually to...

emeline-rec
replies: 5 views: 1,333
saggsy 27th December 2011

Okay, okay. I know that no tube amp is going to be supremely quiet, but I need something that I can record with at a fairly quiet...

istealhotelsoap
replies: 50 views: 12,273
wxyz 27th December 2011

I'm very interested in getting the new Mbox 3. Not the pro, nor the mini, but the middle version with the 2.0, as that falls in...

ledzoson
replies: 10 views: 1,194
chrisdee 27th December 2011

Hello! i would like to buy for a pair of microphones to record mainly small acoustic ensemble, or soloist musicians. I have...

charrison
replies: 10 views: 1,313
legato 27th December 2011

Does anyone know where I can find a digital AES cable or the pin out for Sony DPS-V77 effects processor. It's a 8 pin mini...

EngineEars
replies: 34 views: 5,739
waveterm 27th December 2011

In a project studio context, treating my rooms is still "work in progress", what part of my gear would you...

Blues10
replies: 33 views: 2,054
once a roadie 27th December 2011

Anybody want to take a shot identifying the console? http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2166/35657734.jpg

10 ton splash
replies: 2 views: 832
Deleted User 27th December 2011

I recently attended an interesting event in London, Featuring loads of ipad music making apps and talks from musicians and...

uvray
replies: 0 views: 615
uvray 27th December 2011

I'm thinking of picking up an old rocktron replifex for using with an aux send/return when mixing. Anyone do this? pros and...

Unknown soldier
replies: 0 views: 547
Unknown soldier 27th December 2011

I recently bought the Ensoniq DP4 and seams like an interesting unit. I can't figure out though if it's unbalanced -10dbu? It...

Faderix
replies: 5 views: 1,058
jimmymio 27th December 2011

So i moved into a bigger space and bought my first kit for the studio. With consultation from a drummer friend who will be...

boomer81
replies: 8 views: 826
Halloween 27th December 2011

Howdy, I picked up a TC 600 Sony tape machine yesterday. I thought maybe the preamps might be useable. I already have a pair...

musical5
replies: 1 views: 2,771
musical5 27th December 2011

Just saw this on the Gibson website today. Gibson has launched a "pro audio division" and they've started by buying...

nst7
replies: 16 views: 3,534
PDC 27th December 2011

I just got a Lucid 8824 to replace my Tango 24. Yay. However, the Tango 24 had all TRS balanced connectors and the 8824 has...

Suntower
replies: 1 views: 930
RightOnRome 27th December 2011

Hoping to get your vibes out there on which way to go on either a royer 121 or sennheiser md409 for tracking guitars?

ampegfreak
replies: 4 views: 2,658
coffeecup77 27th December 2011

so this is for my future buy. which is better, forgetting the fact of mac os and windows 7( because i would have both operating...

thorebp
replies: 4 views: 2,139
jitterybit 27th December 2011

The question is - are bigger near field monitors not always "better" because of room size? I'm looking at various...

Big Tim
replies: 25 views: 2,669
Enlightened Hand 27th December 2011

I know this is probably impossible but if there's any way, it would be awesome!!!! I decided to use the audio suite effects...

hockeyfreak2129
replies: 2 views: 1,086
couch11 27th December 2011

This thread is mostly to get some opinions/input from some others who might have more experience than myself. I'm about to...

explodingPSYCH
replies: 25 views: 7,858
idylldon 27th December 2011

Ok, I'd love to get your opinions on this. At 2.59 in the track there is, what I hear as a cough? Am I right? It would seems...

BYS
replies: 7 views: 3,108
satellitedog 27th December 2011

it turns out that the more samples we have around the region of interest, the more accurately we are able to reproduce the...

newdigitaluser
replies: 0 views: 362
newdigitaluser 27th December 2011

Not sure if you guys can help but I'd be grateful if anyone has some varied experience with vocal recording and could guide me a...

syzygywell
replies: 4 views: 2,759
bannerj 27th December 2011

Hey guys, I just got a new surround sound system, Bose Lifestyle 25 (yes a little antiquated, but still amazing nonetheless)....

JGAN
replies: 3 views: 1,761
JGAN 27th December 2011

Considering going to upgrade to HD but I realised I will not be able to afford the plugins like some of the Eq, compressors or...

puppee
replies: 4 views: 1,168
pinkheadedbug 27th December 2011

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Tom & my partner and i own a home studio in Gloucestershire, Southwest UK. Just...

Captiv8 Studios
replies: 2 views: 769
Captiv8 Studios 27th December 2011

I have Mix TDM core and 3 Mixfarm cards. What Protools HD system would I need to get to match it? eg. 1 HD Core and an old HD...

puppee
replies: 2 views: 885
psycho_monkey 27th December 2011

found this interesting test cd CD-CHECK (test disc for CD player evaluation and maintenance) tells how good your cd player is...

newdigitaluser
replies: 0 views: 633

I'd be curious to hear how everybody approaches data archiving these days. Where I'm working we do a lot of HD video production...

jayson_p
replies: 1 views: 721
MarkRB 27th December 2011

I'm doing as much study as I can, listening to as many shootouts as possible, & my main two choices I'm considering at the...

Tommy like sound
replies: 60 views: 12,430
georgebarnett 27th December 2011

I came across this old Yamaha mixing desk at the studio, and would like to learn a little more about it. It looks pretty old, and...

beau_mckee
replies: 0 views: 2,045
beau_mckee 27th December 2011

Hey all, I'm looking into buying a new amp for myself for Christmas. I've been looking into Line6 amps due to the cost and the...

Squidy
replies: 61 views: 5,657
Squidy 27th December 2011

I got a $50 itunes gift card for xmas and want to buy an app for my iphone 4s to control protools remotely, which is the best one...

mikeyrad
replies: 1 views: 8,987
temetrepo 27th December 2011

I recently purchased another Mackie Control Extender Pro to add to the main control unit and my previous extender. I'd like to...

Beatmaker E.I.
replies: 0 views: 929
Beatmaker E.I. 27th December 2011

So are SSL and RME pretty much the only options out there for MADI cards? Does anyone make one that's cheaper if you're handling...

Quint
replies: 10 views: 2,385
Quint 27th December 2011

Consequences of Nyquist Theorem for Acoustic Signals Stored in Digital Format this is the only paper that i found so far that...

newdigitaluser
replies: 0 views: 584

I want to start using my mbox 2 with Logic but I have a strange question. The way my home studio is setup is the following 1....

dkap8303
replies: 2 views: 1,216
MasterCrab 27th December 2011

Hey, So I'm getting a fireface 800 and need some converters. I was thinking of getting 2x Presonus Digimax FS, so I would end...

Pixsar
replies: 1 views: 1,574
Pixsar 27th December 2011

I got bad latency on an old computer. Wondering if there is a synth out there that you can upload sounds onto from a computer...

am radio
replies: 5 views: 806
LolrusPl 26th December 2011

I'm looking at ways of selling music (on top of itunes etc) and merch through a new site I'm having done. I've seen services...

juicylime
replies: 9 views: 2,908
theblue1 26th December 2011

I've got a set of Roland TD-4 electronic drums & a Vox ad 50 vt-xl amp. I'm trying to set things up so that I can jam with...

Vitamin J
replies: 8 views: 1,532
Vitamin J 26th December 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search