The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Greetings to all! I'm setting up my first studio and I'm looking for microphones - as for now I've decided to go for a Shure...

Frusciantefan
replies: 1 views: 1,519
muziekschuur 9th February 2012

Hello all! I'm currently using AKG K601 headphones for mixing in Ableton Live. I've been using them for quite some time now...

dappey2
replies: 1 views: 1,588
John Willett 9th February 2012

Hey all, I am considering buying a vintage 1/2 inch reel-to-reel tape deck to start running in the channel path of my...

velvetmontoya
replies: 8 views: 1,363
azazel 9th February 2012

I've got an SPX90II sitting in a new desk and it's at an angle. I can't see anything on the screen from the angle and I want to...

HSLand
replies: 0 views: 1,178
HSLand 9th February 2012

Hello Slutz.. Any tips or techniques for helping reduce a closed hi hat in a rock mix? I'm mixing a really well recorded...

nyfrequencies
replies: 4 views: 1,020
RightOnRome 9th February 2012

Seeing as Mic's sold in pairs are "matched" does the same apply to Monitors? If I buy 2 single's of a monitor or even...

gonklives
replies: 11 views: 850
edva 9th February 2012

out of these two mics, which one do you like better for Recording Bass Drum and why? thanks!

greenfields
replies: 8 views: 5,006
paul999 9th February 2012

Ive heard a few people using the Milab DC-96B on drums, especially snare and toms. Got a drum session tomorrow and Ive got my...

Bedlam Sound
replies: 1 views: 1,813
Fletcher 9th February 2012

I just bought a Groove Tubes Velo8 ribbon mic off the 'bay, to use along with the one I bought new a couple years ago for drum...

dallasdon
replies: 5 views: 721
dallasdon 9th February 2012

should i plug my guitars into my preamp before recording or will that be a bad idea?

redemption91
replies: 2 views: 737
redemption91 9th February 2012

Hello all! Eager to start my first recording studio - I've spent couple of years recording with my band in several studios,...

Frusciantefan
replies: 5 views: 1,506
verve92 9th February 2012

I have a tinkly bell tone that a keyboard player played that is very arpeggiated in a metal/rock mix and I want to make it sound...

thesandbox
replies: 5 views: 749
close/far 9th February 2012

Hi, I'm new :). As per the title, just got some of these things and the detail and tightness is better than anything I've used...

GrizzleBoy
replies: 5 views: 923
Gear Queer 9th February 2012

Check the yellow vertical line that corresponds to the marker... AFAIK it should be the same on ALL tracks... boing

stevegalante
replies: 5 views: 899
stevegalante 9th February 2012

just joined and this is my first thread! i have just aquired an old soundcraft 800b monitor desk. i am after 8 input modules that...

noiseboy555
replies: 0 views: 907
noiseboy555 9th February 2012

Hi ...i just love the guitar reverb used on zeppelins tea for one but i just cant find anything on the net about what was used...

Darenzo
replies: 1 views: 997
Darenzo 9th February 2012

I have been using the Sonic reality drum masters that is about to have some very good E drumkit maps. I have most other drum...

pw2005
replies: 2 views: 1,244
electricsky 9th February 2012

I don't want an argument plugin vs. desk EQ but have discovered something in my mixing which might be interesting... I mix...

FirstLoveStudio
replies: 25 views: 1,733
Davido 9th February 2012

I'll be getting my iPad 2 soon and I'll be using it to make music on the go so what's the best apogee device to use to record...

kevgees
replies: 0 views: 1,125
kevgees 9th February 2012

I am pleased to record the singer as follows (singing on youtube Let it snow and love that will last). I am against buying a...

lukas_music
replies: 0 views: 613
lukas_music 8th February 2012

1) Youtube links with horribly noisy, lo-fi postings of classic material on vinyl in lame condition. For every 10 vinyl YT...

Happy Musicfan
replies: 83 views: 5,918
lame pseudonym 8th February 2012

Hi all, What kind of monitoring system do you find works best when TRACKING notes in the 27.5-41hz range? (Lowest octave of...

piglet
replies: 28 views: 1,982
piglet 8th February 2012

Positive reviews of the Equator D5 monitors puzzles me. If a set of converters can be included in $300 monitors which reputedly...

Chas3
replies: 0 views: 663
Chas3 8th February 2012

hey so im very new to recording.. I do live podcasts and VO work. anyway so im moving up from a USB mic to the RE20 or PR40 ......

micheck123
replies: 5 views: 2,591
micheck123 8th February 2012

What up mp heads. Ordered my 4000 and can't wait for it to get here. Just gotta quick question. I know about preamps and mixers...

awhitebeats
replies: 5 views: 974
Muser 8th February 2012

I would like to hear what others have to say about analog summing. I'm currently nearing the end of the mixdown stage for a very...

Dave Kowalski
replies: 120 views: 9,769
Trakworx 8th February 2012

Hi all, I recently came across a few 441s in a store selling a lot of old junk. They were all broken, but the guy still wanted...

Ximo
replies: 4 views: 2,356
Ximo 8th February 2012

Hey guys, I'm ordering some new misc gear, Apollo a few mic cases and rack cases, and I've got some extra dough laying around...

BradWilbanks
replies: 18 views: 1,399
BradWilbanks 8th February 2012

Im building a studio to make ambient/electronic music (lots of bass, pads and choirs, noise etc) sources are : field recordings...

SpaceBeach
replies: 13 views: 2,022
IceWood Studios 8th February 2012

I have found some conflicting info online, so I was hoping someone could set this straight. If I have a 24-bit, 48K session...

capproach
replies: 1 views: 1,225
teo 8th February 2012

What are the differences between the new version of the Grace m101 and the older one? Only reason I ask is because you can...

Raincrow
replies: 2 views: 2,292
omtayslick 8th February 2012

I'm running Pro Tools 9. I have a Fantom G7, MPC 4K, and just my HS80M monitors. I'm on Mac btw...Posted in other forums but...

awhitebeats
replies: 2 views: 793
awhitebeats 8th February 2012

Mix Online has announced that Equator Audio, in response to the success of direct sales of their D5 monitors and demands for an...

Chas3
replies: 0 views: 1,074
Chas3 8th February 2012

This is my favorite mic for my voice. I will continue to use one when I go to studios but......... for my home studio, it is...

greenfields
replies: 0 views: 1,830
greenfields 8th February 2012

Can someone explain how to set up a pedal so I can punch in/out with my feet? (I have a midi interface, running PT 9 on a Metric...

mikkelkiilerich
replies: 2 views: 1,359
wwittman 8th February 2012

Hello Slutz, I have learnt a lot from this website, I'm a member since a couple of years and read the forums all the time. I...

mordente
replies: 21 views: 5,400
Crash 8th February 2012

Hi all Need to tilt my nearfield monitors so that the tweeters are pointing more in line with my ears. What you might call...

Dayo
replies: 15 views: 5,007
Syncamorea 8th February 2012

Hey everyone, Just looking for a few rounds of quick A/B testing here to get some feedback on both convertors and summing. I...

rookphase
replies: 14 views: 1,160
rookphase 8th February 2012

What do you think is the equivalent or somewhat equivalent setup for PC as the metric halo ULN-2?

asdfdsa
replies: 8 views: 4,504
Red Baron 8th February 2012

I currently have a LynxTWO-C PCI card installed in my workstation. Runs great, sounds great. I (will) have inputs 1-6 used for...

mike vee
replies: 2 views: 1,358
doncaparker 8th February 2012

I need to replace the mid domes in my old model SCM50A's as mine have developed a bit of a buzz. I'm curious if anyone has...

DrFrankencopter
replies: 0 views: 1,173
DrFrankencopter 8th February 2012

it breaks my heart to see some of the paint and markings slowing rubbing off. I have alot of old kit from 80s and 90s. is there...

squatski
replies: 8 views: 979
Hardtoe 8th February 2012

Why is it that amplifiers specifically designed for bass guitar have roughly the same (if not "worse") frequency...

piglet
replies: 16 views: 4,821
ofajen 8th February 2012

I stopped in a pawn shop yesterday, and saw what looked like an RE20 (in design) It was an Ibanez TH800. Anyone ever used one?...

musical5
replies: 6 views: 3,797
Santiago... 8th February 2012

I've been questioning my mic setup a bit lately reading too many threads, I currently use a focusrite scarlett 18i6 with a rode...

captshiznit
replies: 14 views: 1,301
atomicohm 8th February 2012

My current setup is SM7B/AKG Perception 100 > GAP 73 > 24bit 96 kHz Interface > Reaper > M-Audio Monitors My...

DangerousOne326
replies: 7 views: 1,381
DangerousOne326 8th February 2012

Long story... but the gist of it is that I cut 4 sides on an indie artist I'm producing yesterday, and the room we booked was...

JChance
replies: 0 views: 478
JChance 8th February 2012

Hi folks, (tl;dr! tl;dr! heh ) I'm currently (home)recording my band's next album (just doing it in our rehearsal room... yes,...

ampetrosillo
replies: 7 views: 2,223
kennybro 8th February 2012

I owned my NS-10ms for quite a while now and over the years blew quite a few drivers out. No big deal tho really as they are easy...

Jorg
replies: 4 views: 658
Jorg 8th February 2012

Hello guys? I have opportunity to buy Allen Heath GS3000 console.How much would you give for it.9 of 10 condition.Thank you.And...

romanchukcha
replies: 4 views: 1,220
DNR 8th February 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search