The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

what's the best microphone to combine with a shure sm7b; to record male vocals (rap, hip hop, r&b, pop) on at the same time?...

newmusic11
replies: 2 views: 1,002
newmusic11 16th May 2012

I've been thinking about buying a Gibson J-45/50. I don't need a collectors' guitar. I want a studio/church guitar. A lot of the...

aj633
replies: 3 views: 912
slaves666 16th May 2012

I don't have a bass amp atm so when I wanna jam on my bass I plug it into my peavey powered mixer and when I wanna record I...

jasonmusicman505
replies: 0 views: 902
jasonmusicman505 16th May 2012

im thinking about buying a pair and I wonder how do these sound? Sent from my Milestone X2 using Gearslutz App

byerssound
replies: 1 views: 1,002
NathanEldred 16th May 2012

I am starting tracking a new album for a band this week so I thought it would be fun to write a post about the gear and how I...

JonMiller
replies: 6 views: 1,416
Shock Value 16th May 2012

I was given a Groove Tubes GT66, but with no cable from the mic to the power supply. I can easily find the cable for a Sterling...

WillieGreenMusic
replies: 1 views: 2,259
drBill 16th May 2012

Hey everyone, I'm trying to record an EP for my solo metalcore project and I'm looking for some advice on guitar recording. I've...

drumminskillz
replies: 26 views: 5,498
Shock Value 16th May 2012

Hi! I live in argentina where gear is quite pricy and difficult to get. At the moment my brother is in florida for a few days and...

Smv
replies: 5 views: 921
witchfeet 16th May 2012

Hi, I have a studio projects b1 going into my tc electronic desktop konnekt 6 and I can't get a clear loud enough signal into...

musicguy7
replies: 8 views: 2,768
Shannon Adkins 16th May 2012

Hi folks, I've just started using hardware EQ, after only using ITB EQ. Apart from very much enjoying the tactile sense of...

Snail
replies: 5 views: 3,558
Snail 16th May 2012

Right, so I'm really frustrated with this situation. I write music, through a music house (freelance work) for commercials. I...

maxiedaniels
replies: 6 views: 1,345
RKrizman 16th May 2012

Thinking about picking one of these up as a supplement...basically I'm stuck at 48KHz all around with my lucid, and will have to...

Dirty D
replies: 2 views: 958
mikeyman 15th May 2012

Has anyone used the FM192? Thinking about upgrading my converters. Any real world experience out there?

earshotaudio
replies: 0 views: 794
earshotaudio 15th May 2012

hi! I have a small and "cheap" home studio I use for my hobby. i'm recording my guitars at home for my tracks and i...

bosone
replies: 1 views: 1,704
Kiwi 15th May 2012

Hello! Just got myself a fostex Model 80 in good condition. Everything works fine except that track 1 doesn't seem to be...

okclave
replies: 0 views: 1,639
okclave 15th May 2012

A great bass player has passed away today. I originally knew about him when he played with Eric Clapton for several years...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 4 views: 817
Drumsound 15th May 2012

I'm looking to get a new amp for mainly contemporary rock (modern worship music), and hardcore/metalcore stuff. I play a Gibson...

Shred4Christ
replies: 4 views: 924
Shred4Christ 15th May 2012

I am currently at university studying audio production. We have a business module where our task is to develop a new product...

tcedwards
replies: 0 views: 795
tcedwards 15th May 2012

Just wondering of anyones experience with these monitors as I am looking into getting some PMC's.

Adam A7
replies: 2 views: 1,981
domnextmen 15th May 2012

Here's one for those obsessed with swirling analog phase greatness... How do the vintage rackmount Moog phasers compare with...

HiFi Yeah
replies: 6 views: 4,710
The Real MC 15th May 2012

I have a nice Rotel 2 ch amp and I'm looking to hook it up to a music computer with a dedicated USB preamp-theEmotiva XDA1....or...

bruceferraudi
replies: 1 views: 1,507
bruceferraudi 15th May 2012

I wanted to make an amp from an old radio (if anybody listened to one will understand what I'm saying, Youtube has lot of...

mordente
replies: 1 views: 1,268
BobCooper 15th May 2012

I just got a record player yesterday and thought that it would be fun to compare the same song between CD and vinyl. I'll let you...

bcgood
replies: 223 views: 27,063
theblue1 15th May 2012

Hi. I have the opportunity to buy an auditronics 310 24 channel console for a good price. The problem is that all wiring on the...

rafafredd
replies: 6 views: 1,418
rafafredd 15th May 2012

Hello fellow slutz, today I'm seeking advice as to what type of drum set to purchase, I will be buying different snares and and...

Thewillowhouse
replies: 37 views: 4,415
recordinghopkins 15th May 2012

A friend of mine let me borrow his original DBX 160 (vu) to A/B test it against the UAD-2 plugin version. I've used three...

gardinen
replies: 27 views: 8,611
kennybro 15th May 2012

Hi I have desided to treat my self to a new bit of kit for my studio. I have about £1700 to spend and have been toying with...

wilshawuk
replies: 6 views: 952
wilshawuk 15th May 2012

Hey all, I'm recording a stage at a music festival. It's indoors, and I'm recording with an Alesis HD24. I'm going to run a...

TSnake
replies: 0 views: 1,339
TSnake 15th May 2012

I have 2 twin6's but I plan on selling them because Im not as into the whole musical process as i once was(creating,mixing). now...

Magnum29465
replies: 7 views: 1,184
theblue1 15th May 2012

D112 inside w/ pillow on the bottom. clear beater head. tracked in a small room w/ bass traps. the song is mid-tempo, distorted...

missswan
replies: 2 views: 1,711
gammalord 15th May 2012

Curious to hear what others reference when mixing live rock recorded in a club setting, especially in the loud, rockin' blues...

betamatt
replies: 3 views: 623
ears2thesky 15th May 2012

Back in my noob days, I put a tube in an amp head the wrong way in the tube socket and turned it on. I never got around to...

NotchontheRocks
replies: 3 views: 1,143
Travst 15th May 2012

Anyone know what drum machine/program was used for the drum loop on this song? Yassj4iJK1k

deadman
replies: 3 views: 3,337
mekohler 15th May 2012

I was checking out the trailer for Michael Wagener's upcoming tutorial video (looks great, by the way!), and during the section...

bgrotto
replies: 2 views: 2,614
bgrotto 15th May 2012

What is it about Fresh Ears and Short Sessions that "often" works so magically for both song writing and mixing? I've...

REX
replies: 10 views: 1,041
Justsomeguy 15th May 2012

Interesting sounds on this album, especially the drums on Consoler of the Lonely (nice snare!) and Top Yourself. Does anyone have...

china jam
replies: 28 views: 5,640
bambony 15th May 2012

Hi there! I have the option to buy a pair of used Focal Twins that cost about the same as new Focal Solos. What would you go...

hum-free
replies: 11 views: 2,975
bigfurry 15th May 2012

HEllo Guys! I've a big problem an di cant solve it, i bought an I5 i mac, and m saffire 6 does not get recognised, i trie to...

johnnyroots
replies: 1 views: 6,683
Chris Focusrite 15th May 2012

looking at getting a new adc unit and i currently have a mytek stereo 96. i have been out of the new gear loop for many years so...

maskedman72
replies: 0 views: 774
maskedman72 15th May 2012

There was a great thread here on the previous album by The Black Keys, "Brothers". Perhaps this one can serve for the...

paperback writer
replies: 41 views: 9,227
Stardumb 15th May 2012

There are a lot of great distortion and saturation plugins out there, but I'm trying to figure out if there are any plugins that...

capproach
replies: 6 views: 1,160
fastlanestoner 15th May 2012

Hi guys, I need additional 8-16 channels of ADDA conversion. I have one Alpha (adat version) with the SSL Madi card. I want...

George Necola
replies: 0 views: 699
George Necola 15th May 2012

I've always been amazed by the Shure SM57 .. and particularly that you can pick one up for $100 bucks or so. Imagine a world...

jmarkham
replies: 15 views: 1,815
TonyBelmont 15th May 2012

I am looking for a box that has 2 1/4" input jacks on one side and 2 1/4" output jacks on the adjacent side that I can...

eotwguitarist
replies: 5 views: 1,152
eotwguitarist 15th May 2012

I once visited the Cathedral of Notre Dame. If you have never been, it is an awe inspiring building. Whenever I am in a huge...

vintagelove
replies: 13 views: 1,338
musikmaschine 15th May 2012

How many of you are where you'd like to be today, in terms of ability to mix? Are you getting the results you're looking for?...

Mr. Sister
replies: 0 views: 821
Mr. Sister 15th May 2012

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on an Alesis 3632 compressor for cheap hardware and pumping dance sound. I'm on a Macbook...

flsh333
replies: 3 views: 1,586
MarkhamCornoit 15th May 2012

Throughout the whole album, the bass is incredibly consistent. It almost sounds like organ pedals. I'm thinking they limited...

Dr. Mordo
replies: 5 views: 1,093
Aural Endeavors 15th May 2012

I've recently got a Grundig MD121 from ebay (same as Sennheiser MD21 I believe), it has a 3-pin klein tuchel cable attached. I...

dillweed4
replies: 15 views: 4,284
Black Shadow 15th May 2012

Glasgow | Studio & Live Music Equipment for Sale | Gumtree.com it seems you can't keep a vintage mic in a studio up in...

binarymilton
replies: 2 views: 854
Jack P 15th May 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search