The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,222
Views: 2,222
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

What is a good converter set up to get up to 24 analog tracks to a MacBook Pro running PT9. I am trying integrate my Otari MX80,...

The Pool PDX
replies: 7 views: 1,129
dotcomsean 2nd July 2012

Budget: around $500 new or used. I sold all my condensers last year because I just wasn't using them. However, I have this...

Deleted User
replies: 35 views: 7,470
kidvybes 2nd July 2012

Hi all! I'm considering purchasing a moderately high-end (is there really such a thing?) preamp for my mics. How will the preamps...

darrella
replies: 1 views: 1,268
Matt R 2nd July 2012

About a foot or so behind my mixing position. Couldn't believe it! Loads of build up at the back wall too. Not sure there is a...

Nerine
replies: 5 views: 1,182
Flying_Dutchman 2nd July 2012

I know that i must put mono effects on mono-recording (for expample, on voice) - but where can i get mono effects? or...

plankeon
replies: 10 views: 7,293
Kiwi 2nd July 2012

Looking to buy a Studio Monitor Controller and saw these 2 just wondering if anyone had any feedback on it or other...

Santos10
replies: 23 views: 13,015
xfreddex 2nd July 2012
replies: 1 views: 1,036
tha]-[acksaw 2nd July 2012

Hi gearslutz, I am searching around online for a clip on mic system in order to get better quality audio into my videos. I...

mdf25
replies: 1 views: 1,423
mdf25 2nd July 2012

I am putting the finishing touches on my DVD and I am just trying to figure out which spelling works best. I am used to seeing...

Tony Shepperd
replies: 133 views: 12,114
Sotsirc 2nd July 2012

The buttons on my Handsonic have stopped working so I can't edit anything or access any of the user patches -...

lobsty
replies: 0 views: 268
lobsty 2nd July 2012

Contemplating HD800's for a MAC based recording/production setup. Would they be a waste running through a Motu...

dpz
replies: 22 views: 10,984
fito_88 2nd July 2012

Hi everyone, I have a Workstation (Motif XF) in front of my screen in the studio, and i want to have my Synth (Virus)...

RvdVeen
replies: 5 views: 856
synthoid 2nd July 2012

Would anyone like to share their recording techniques regarding voiceover recording or if you know of any techniques? -...

puppee
replies: 1 views: 1,286
eyezenears 2nd July 2012

How many of you use a little bit of compression on overheads when you are tracking?

bokaasen
replies: 10 views: 1,848
Flymax 2nd July 2012

I just bought a Telefunken TD 25 mic, and it has the old 3 pin DIN/Tuchel connection on the end of the attached mic cable. Is it...

Tele33
replies: 0 views: 1,479
Tele33 2nd July 2012

- I'm sure i've seen it before, and read about it. for some reason, i just can't remember. thank you.

Freddo30
replies: 8 views: 1,068
Bluesdog 2nd July 2012

Hi ive been looking everywhere and even on gearslutz but cant seem to find the name of Preamp in the Neve V3? any help would be...

hammerofox
replies: 7 views: 3,851
TheLastByte 2nd July 2012

Hi i am on a mac pro octo 2.8, got it in early 2009, running latest Lion 64 bit and 16 gigs ram i just loaded DP7 and Mach...

trock
replies: 0 views: 733
trock 2nd July 2012

Hey, everyone! I have a headache on the choice of headphones for mixing and mastering. I have not much money to buy good...

Moskiller
replies: 19 views: 2,304
Revswitchblade 2nd July 2012

This is my first post after reading threads on here for several months. I feel like there are a lot of knowledgeable people here...

Sbrock
replies: 5 views: 960
PDC 2nd July 2012

Does anyone recognize this mic stand out in front, holding the U87? I can't find it anywhere, and it looks really nice and heavy...

_Mark
replies: 17 views: 4,605
_Mark 2nd July 2012

Hi guys I get a strange waveform when I record a particular mic. Its an octava MK12, with the medium size capsule. The...

Rasmus Faber
replies: 9 views: 2,214
Lotus 7 2nd July 2012

Not a lot of info of this impressive mic, but has anyone used it for voiceover work? Any tricks you like to share? We're talking...

baatjet
replies: 1 views: 2,318
Aquarela Stds 2nd July 2012

Well, I know of the very pricey Gefell alternative - but is there anything else out there that would work just as fine without...

sc-30
replies: 5 views: 1,444
kafka 2nd July 2012

Hello there, can have some advice from you guys? I want to start a recording business then i couldn't decide what equipment...

haruvie017
replies: 29 views: 3,285
nytro 2nd July 2012

ok so I can break the bank and get a U87ai for VOICEOVER or would an AT 4050 be equally good for this application? I know that...

VO Boy
replies: 5 views: 1,624
VO Boy 1st July 2012

Same mic position. Volume balanced. No post processing. RLC is a Inductor Capacitor Resistor 5k frequency cut gizmo I have...

IlyaV
replies: 7 views: 1,952
nedorama 1st July 2012

I'm talking about a "true" classic tube preamp with full voltage tubes, transformer in and out, no solid state hybrid,...

Rob Coates
replies: 49 views: 12,773
adeptusmajor 1st July 2012

Hello, I am overwhelmed with the amount of information there is on this broad subject. I have taken a glance at previous...

L00M
replies: 5 views: 853
bambamboom 1st July 2012

So I just finished tracking the drums for a 6 song EP. I have a pretty big live room with good diffusion (from all the misc....

chipMBW
replies: 43 views: 5,378
Outlaw Hans 1st July 2012

Im curious as to if people look at the songs waveform after they finished mixing it. Also curious as to what they see..... I...

bryan k
replies: 13 views: 5,408
profplume 1st July 2012

I read the other day somewhere and I guy said he liked to use a Sansamp Bass Driver in front of his SVT to drive the amp. Do any...

James Lugo
replies: 25 views: 3,463
ribot 1st July 2012

I'm looking to pick the guitar back up but would like to go with an acoustic. Honestly, I don't want to mic the guitar and would...

Stoneface
replies: 26 views: 10,110
Pezz 1st July 2012

I am in london next days and i'd like to try out mics and the uad plugins. Whats the best shop?

zinzin
replies: 2 views: 830
Samuelito 1st July 2012

I just picked up a great deal on a Mackie SRM350v2 powered PA speaker for playing live acoustic shows. I've been looking for a...

cassnate6259
replies: 4 views: 2,137
PDC 1st July 2012

I just sold two DM 3200s so I could buy one DM 4800. Then I started reading about the benefits of the analog world and I like...

smoovemode
replies: 0 views: 1,339
smoovemode 1st July 2012

Just listened to this for the first time in ages and was blown away by the quality of the vocal recording. The vocal is so...

maku
replies: 25 views: 2,615
wurliuchi 1st July 2012

I was wanting to know if anyone has tried this match out before? I am wanting a midi guitar to better help me produce demo tracks...

xJoWx
replies: 0 views: 1,030
xJoWx 1st July 2012

getting closer to a monitor purchase. So far its down to the Neuman KH120, the sonodyne 100's, and maybe the focal CMS65. Been...

Energie
replies: 3 views: 1,255
Energie 1st July 2012

I use a Soundcraft Rac Pac. The MIX fader only goes up to"0," whereas the other faders go up to "+10." I...

malchris
replies: 1 views: 1,198
chris carter 1st July 2012

Hey- I've got a mono track and a stereo track of the same beat. The stereo track has vigorous L+R panning automation (dont ask...

eyezenears
replies: 1 views: 926
eyezenears 1st July 2012

EQ Trick

Here's a little trick I've been using for some time. I just wondered if it was a legitimate well-known technique? (yeah, I know,...

Dayo
replies: 39 views: 4,819
dynamike 1st July 2012

Refurbished by Robbi in Italy You could say it is a Brand new head Not worked since recon Price £1800.00 Flickr: mastering...

EricM
replies: 1 views: 1,157
bennybass 1st July 2012

I was listening to a couple of well recorded songs and I lost my good headphones so I had to go back to using the iPhone...

baslotto
replies: 0 views: 1,096
baslotto 1st July 2012

Hi - I'm going to get a couple of drives so that i can have my system on one drive, samples on another and projects on another......

rainstick
replies: 2 views: 900
John Willett 1st July 2012

For each revolution, the outside of the disc ought to have more travel, but does that translate to higher quality in a similar...

JoeyM
replies: 2 views: 914
JoeyM 1st July 2012

After reading about another studio burglary, I decided to start a thread for people to share ideas about theft protection. This...

headspin
replies: 21 views: 3,417
AwwDeOhh 1st July 2012

Hello all of you, we are a church group that's in need of a little help. I'm sorry if this is not in the right area of your...

Cindy2000
replies: 1 views: 1,007
drBill 1st July 2012

A friend is letting me hold onto his Hafler PRO2400 amp to power a pair of Avantones. Silly to use it for just those little guys...

MusicManic
replies: 3 views: 3,614
Rick Sutton 1st July 2012

Essentially, I'm just wondering if this is like a cassette 4-track where, while the tapes are 2-sided, they are played back in...

LimpyLoo
replies: 2 views: 1,334
drbob1 1st July 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search