The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,135
Views: 2,135
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello, I just buyed a chinese ribbon mic (tbone RB500) to record my sax, because I heard that it had a quite pleasing sound. I...

axool
replies: 15 views: 3,999
Outlaw Hans 7th July 2012

What brand of mic stands do you buy for your studio?

bchamorro
replies: 26 views: 2,143
dylanr 7th July 2012

I need a digital amp as well, maybe some of you out there would be kind to give your opinion on those alternatives, price is no...

DCommand
replies: 14 views: 12,034
Andy Warren 7th July 2012
replies: 5 views: 871
johnnygri 7th July 2012

Hi everyone. I have been wanting to experiment with some re-amping lately and I am mildly confused on the process. I know that it...

Drewseph
replies: 1 views: 1,202
RiF 7th July 2012

Hello, I kinda need some suggestions on a problem that I'm facing. Probably need some recommendations on gear too. Anyway, I'm...

fanir
replies: 1 views: 562
fanir 7th July 2012

Symetrix 501 for $350? Delta Lab Effectron for $355? MXR 136 for over $500? Aphex 661 for over $600? What are these...

Yummerz
replies: 0 views: 800
Yummerz 7th July 2012

Hello all, I am tracking down an AKG spring reverb. Having trouble finding the model # on one I have found. Seller is...

j2dafo
replies: 4 views: 4,125
amrz 7th July 2012

This is intersting i think.

VerdaMcEwen
replies: 1 views: 655
VerdaMcEwen 7th July 2012

Sup guys, I have a Yamaha 02r, was possibly thinking of selling it as I have no use for it any more. It is in excellent...

Rob Weaver
replies: 25 views: 729
TheLastByte 7th July 2012

My wife's first single (on this side of the world) is being released in NZ, and is now available on iTunes, and as a happy side...

matt thomas
replies: 16 views: 407
TheLastByte 7th July 2012

I just bought an RNC for cheap and have no way to test it for 3 weeks because I'm in the road. I have other great compressors...

Providence
replies: 24 views: 3,309
Providence 7th July 2012

Any thoughts? What fully analog effects are there in the history of recording that provide a bank of programmable settings?...

circuitsynth
replies: 12 views: 1,731
Dean Roddey 7th July 2012

This may sound awkward but I am really lost in these things because I received today a Burl B1 but I do not know how can I...

alanrockz4ever
replies: 2 views: 1,718
thegatsby 7th July 2012

Hi All, I am looking for a long term studio rental in North Hollywood/Burbank/Studio City. Control Room + Vocal booth ASAP. ...

jumpnyc
replies: 2 views: 1,097
jumpnyc 7th July 2012

I asked this question in another post but I think the post dragged on far enough that its not receiving anymore replies. So...

konsole
replies: 0 views: 765
konsole 7th July 2012

Hey guys, So i was at an auction of sound gear today and i bought a lot of live PA stuff one of the items included in it is a...

Chris Harrington
replies: 0 views: 712
Chris Harrington 6th July 2012

just a question i had concerning tracking without using an eq...what setups for micpres/compressors have people been using where...

WadhamSound
replies: 2 views: 970
CJ Mastering 6th July 2012

Have the opportunity to buy some used with or without the sub does anybody have any idea how much they usually go for with or...

Sim
replies: 0 views: 1,405
Sim 6th July 2012

my wife is buying me some mic pres for our anniversary I can get the averills used or the vintechs new for about the same price....

byerssound
replies: 6 views: 2,458
catfishmusic 6th July 2012

Hi, Im thinking about selling my DA10, this thing sounds absolutley amazing and is in brand new condition. Anyone know what its...

Rotaholic
replies: 5 views: 376
albundy 6th July 2012

My favorite drum sound ever is the 'Dehumanizer' album from Black Sabbath (drums played by Vinny Appice). I wrote to the man who...

megahurt
replies: 1 views: 1,798
Yummerz 6th July 2012

I'm looking for an audio interface to add to my mobile gear. I have a home studio for recording and mixing but I carry around...

Drtro
replies: 3 views: 861
Drtro 6th July 2012

I'm getting a fuzzy distortion from the bass guitar when playing back on my Studer a827. The fuzz only happens during playback on...

wire dude
replies: 6 views: 1,050
wire dude 6th July 2012

Ok, I have become obsessed with the soundtracs cm4400. I recently looked at one pre-auction in Los Angeles and it seemed to be a...

wmhart
replies: 14 views: 6,214
StillCrazy 6th July 2012

I mix OTB on a console, and use outboard compression on just about everything except heavy guitars. I usually use the Massey CT4...

PoorGlory
replies: 6 views: 2,848
jasonwagner 6th July 2012

Hello, I play guitar in a two-piece band (Guitar and Drums). My set up (and question) is as follows, The guitar I use is a...

Cruiserscreek
replies: 0 views: 713
Cruiserscreek 6th July 2012

Hi, Does anybody know of a great digital fader control surface, which has just one fader? Like the Avid Artist Mix, but with...

ken12345678
replies: 18 views: 4,414
Puffer Fish 6th July 2012

Hello everyone, I am in a bit of a mental bind right now because I don't know what to do. I have been running my own studio for...

EricWatkins
replies: 2 views: 921
TRANQUILO 6th July 2012

Hi All, Can I crank the gain on a firewire mixer/interface combo (analog distortion) such as 1640i or Zed R16, but still feed...

Patrick_K
replies: 1 views: 1,185
enzodrum 6th July 2012

Hey Guys, I hope some of you could help me out here with my questions. I do have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 hooked with...

Chizilla
replies: 1 views: 927
popmann 6th July 2012

I recently purchased an old Soundelux PTM. When I received it I found that the seller sent a 5-pin DMX cable instead of the...

eb7
replies: 2 views: 1,823
eb7 6th July 2012

Very interesting coming from Forbes. Tells us what we allready knew, but still an interesting read. 8.2% Unemployment AGAIN:...

barryjohns
replies: 0 views: 750
barryjohns 6th July 2012

Hi, I have a 192 Digital I/O with 2x Digital cards installed and 192 I/O which has 2x DA and 1x AD (and a Digital Card...

bbuyuk
replies: 1 views: 1,411
psycho_monkey 6th July 2012

So I have a track that has cellos, vilions, sampled acoustic guitar from Logic, block and celesta. All the instruments are...

Amber
replies: 16 views: 2,196
Amber 6th July 2012

I kind of got there with a non linear reverb and an upward expander. But I don't know how to get that moving swoosh to the side....

Revmen
replies: 6 views: 1,334
dlmorley 6th July 2012

Any recommendations for a rack-mountable analogue level meter? It's application will be more or less a 'master' level meter...

iz_thewiz
replies: 4 views: 1,039
tsvisser 6th July 2012

Ok so here is the background. I live in a very small town, with very few studios, most of which only do gospel or country music....

jimmyrayhancock
replies: 1 views: 1,530
Cjoe707 6th July 2012

I noticed every time I buy a mic they come with one of those moisture-whicking gel packs in the bag with the mic, but I figured...

TheLoud1Please
replies: 1 views: 987
TRJanuary 6th July 2012

I was testing some mikes for guitar and vocals (1 mic captures guitar and vocals, about a foot and a half from the performer) and...

tenkas
replies: 1 views: 1,083
tenkas 6th July 2012

Who here Time aligns their drums? I've tried time aligning them and sometimes it sounds good and other times it doesn't work. I...

johnwayne
replies: 20 views: 6,976
09jlardinois 6th July 2012

I have the Chance to purchase a original Rode classic and wondering if it would suit a voice in the range of Eddie Vedder . It...

Tashez
replies: 19 views: 2,542
chessparov 6th July 2012

Chandler Germ VS. Little Devil mic pres... what are the sonic differences? would you prefer one over the other? what sources...

XodiaK
replies: 7 views: 2,500
estudiomonteverd 6th July 2012

Only in New England (started one of the first big stores in Portsmouth NH '80's on Market Street where Friendly Toast is now)...

piano
replies: 23 views: 4,927
skira 6th July 2012
replies: 8 views: 1,108
Aiyn Zahav 6th July 2012

I have a pretty decent monitoring setup now, with A7's and a Tannoy sub. I've found it to be very revealing, and my mixes...

kafka
replies: 3 views: 3,257
SRS 6th July 2012
replies: 0 views: 206
Kumbari 6th July 2012

For those of you using camera setups for monitoring different rooms in the studio, what type of system is the most reliable? I'm...

drastic
replies: 14 views: 1,326
ST. 6th July 2012

I'm looking for experience/opinion on these two 500 series preamps, the Grace Design m501 and the Millenia HV-35. I am on the...

SoundWeavers
replies: 3 views: 4,964
SoundWeavers 6th July 2012

Hello there, I recently purchased a pair of KRK rokit 5's and already possess a few microphones (2xRode NT5's, Rode NT1a,...

PaulKG94
replies: 3 views: 1,024
alexevans917 6th July 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search