The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

What do you use first on vocals, compression or automation?

Devon8822
replies: 16 views: 2,774
Richardwynne 29th August 2012

I'm looking to purchase my first pre and I've got it down between the Avalon and the Vintech. Does anyone have experience with...

maxgetz
replies: 0 views: 1,559
maxgetz 29th August 2012

Hey guys, just looking for a quick recommendation from anyone who has used any of the following compressors for drum bus...

Enchilada
replies: 12 views: 2,534
Enchilada 29th August 2012

Hi all I own a Powerplay Pro-XL (Behringer) headphone amp Behringer HA4700 - Headphone Amplifier HA4700 B&H Photo...

mixerguy
replies: 2 views: 1,236
mixerguy 29th August 2012

Fmr rnp

How does the FMR Audio - RNP work in relation to other pre-amps around it's price range & how well will it do with an SM7B...

newmusic11
replies: 50 views: 9,027
CRASHBOX 29th August 2012

Hi all, I have a Steinberg MR816x as my converter. With absolutely nothing plugged in, if I turn the volume all the way up and...

ionian
replies: 23 views: 2,121
ionian 29th August 2012

I am looking on recording some vocals for my album when i get back to the UK from Canada. But am not sure what Microphone i...

RyanSinclair95
replies: 5 views: 1,945
Runnytofu 29th August 2012

I'd really appreciate it if I could get some suggestions with regard to an older project that I'd like to have mastered. The...

GRSLTZ1
replies: 2 views: 1,301
Deleted 651cf92 29th August 2012

I got a brand new problem in my studio! Fun times. Every single amp and system, including my desk and studio monitors, appears...

theehaircut
replies: 5 views: 1,004
nedorama 29th August 2012

Hi, I currently own a Saffire LE but now it seems to be working less and less each time I use it. Each time I solve a problem, a...

frizzyp
replies: 0 views: 1,389
frizzyp 29th August 2012

Hey guys, I'm running a rosetta 200 into my digi003 via spdif. clocking both of them with a BLA microclock, and in the last few...

rockcandy85
replies: 0 views: 525
rockcandy85 29th August 2012

Got a (probably) stupid question. Most SSL, Neve, API etc. consoles have an embedded computer. What happens when the computer...

Kurt Enslein
replies: 8 views: 1,082
mindkontrolle 29th August 2012

I've been frequenting Gearslutz for a few years but never felt compelled to post. I love GS and consider it one of my favorite...

JMM
replies: 23 views: 3,692
jordanvoth 29th August 2012

:deth:jkthtyrtgrimmjkthtyrtgrimmjkthtyrt:deth:Mickey's Corner:deth:jkthtyrtgrimmjkthtyrtgrimmjkthtyrt:deth: <---- Negative...

MickeySnickers
replies: 95 views: 6,858
jtienhaara 29th August 2012

I'm looking for a good multi pattern flatter sounding LDC with an extended bottom end similar to the KSM-32. I've been told that...

robertgeorge
replies: 6 views: 1,198
hasbeen 29th August 2012

I'm thinking a pair of the 121's will go on overs and guitar where as the 12 is good for overs and acoustic instruments. Am I...

TML
replies: 8 views: 2,436
TML 29th August 2012

Ok so in the process of me selling my whole old studio and HD rig... im also buyin a new set of gear... i'm downsizing massively...

TehGuitarist
replies: 9 views: 2,910
johnnyc 29th August 2012

Been doing sound testing with the Focusrite ISA-ONE,API 312 and the pres on Tascam DM4800. The mics i been using is...

denlig
replies: 1 views: 1,408
denlig 29th August 2012

Dean Roddey recently posted this on a different thread: I'd love to, but as stupid as this sounds, what's telling me on a...

Deltones
replies: 9 views: 992
jordanvoth 29th August 2012

ITDREAD PHOTO 1 check out nice collection of pictures from 70´s Kingston, along some from The Studio, can somebody tell what...

ihearsounds
replies: 27 views: 11,992
string6theory 29th August 2012

I have a great idea for a new plugin that does something no other plugin does. How the hell can I pitch this idea to a plugin...

Strange Leaf
replies: 31 views: 1,877
SochiTag 28th August 2012
replies: 56 views: 1,808
Louis Bernstone 28th August 2012

Hi slutz ! I'm mixing a very important project and want to leave no stone unturned in my quest for monitoring. Got a pair of...

sage691
replies: 0 views: 1,057
sage691 28th August 2012
replies: - views: -
DanKanUS 28th August 2012

going to start building my own cable. what wire and connectors are best for the money? want professional stuff here. all balanced.

redemption91
replies: 5 views: 877
Granny Gremlin 28th August 2012

Hi guys and girls I would like to get a couple of cables modified (i.e. replace the TRS ends with Nuetrik Gold XLRs). Does...

beesting
replies: 6 views: 280
dave01.cooper 28th August 2012

Hello all, Just wanted to ask if transformerless condenser mics still output signals at low impedance? (Mics such as TLM...

SugarFreeze
replies: 3 views: 927
jetam 28th August 2012

So I have been looking and demoing out a couple nice EQ plugins. I just went threw and bought a handful of really nice outboard...

KennyS
replies: 6 views: 1,453
stoplaughing 28th August 2012

I thought it would be interesting to know what people would put into a "bare minimum recording setup" that still yields...

Jolly_Rogers
replies: 2 views: 1,002
babooino 28th August 2012

Hi Guys! I have Audient ASP008 with ADAT. I use it with M-audio Project Mix. Sometimes I get series of strange crackles from...

Seymour
replies: 2 views: 919
Seymour 28th August 2012

Hi guys First time post in the high end section so be gentle. Over the last couple of years i have upgraded my home set up...

A M Kelly
replies: 72 views: 12,404
crosscutred 28th August 2012

Hi Everyone. I'm going crazy and i think i need some help. Talking about the Elektron Machinedrum,is it possible to assign...

permanentlysad
replies: 0 views: 1,062
permanentlysad 28th August 2012

I will record an acoustic bass next month. Does anyone have experience with this? This is a normal acoustic bass, most...

Pschelfh
replies: 6 views: 1,118
PRobb 28th August 2012

I kinda think people in general dont really care maybe Im wrong just its almost worse now as things are too in tune that when...

finlove
replies: 82 views: 4,916
string6theory 28th August 2012

Has anyone had problems with distortion on PMC TB2 SA monitors? I've already had one let me down which I replaced and now...

Mantisman
replies: 0 views: 1,088
Mantisman 28th August 2012

Anyone have experience or an opinion on whether or not the Focal cms sub would be a complimentary sub for a pair of Genelec 1030s?

Jamz
replies: 2 views: 989
juniorhifikit 28th August 2012

I'm interested in the RNC but I don't know what the effect of using unbalanced gear in a balanced signal chain. I understand...

CrankyChris
replies: 3 views: 980
jtienhaara 28th August 2012

I was wondering what folks thought in terms of sound quality between the virus TI2 and a bunch of vst's. Would you rather have...

n2design
replies: 5 views: 6,674
Grant Ransom 28th August 2012

As the title says, really. Just because I'm curious. Tell me what it is you look for in the sound of a snare drum when you're...

mixedup
replies: 9 views: 2,524
bambony 28th August 2012

Doepfer Drehbank MK2 - Newest Edition with 8x CV-Expansion, MIDI Controller | eBay

gentolin
replies: 0 views: 3,772
gentolin 28th August 2012

I'm interested purchasing the ATC scm20 asl. I'm thinking the 25A model is too big for my small room. Can anyone tell me...

Dave Reid
replies: 9 views: 4,152
Aisle 6 28th August 2012

What is a good pair of headphones that are isolating and closed-end? I want one that blocks out a lot of sound, for example...

gctrade
replies: 11 views: 2,762
Papanate 28th August 2012

For a long time slutz have been discussing the problem with "loudness" (ie really heavily compressed and limited mixes...

TheRealRoach
replies: 4 views: 881
DarbyOhara 28th August 2012

I intend to get a summing mixer and use a Prism Orpheus for 8 outs and an RME UCX for the other 8 outs. I remember reading...

DanRand
replies: 0 views: 707
DanRand 28th August 2012

Ok so I'm almost done picking out the basic gear for my analog recording set up (i'm not professional so this is pretty...

heimcomputer
replies: 29 views: 3,081
jetam 28th August 2012

When I came home yesterday my wife made a comment to me that I needed to change the water bottle (5 gal) again. Well, I had just...

FM Stew
replies: 13 views: 3,086
FM Stew 28th August 2012

This one.. beyerdynamic TG D70d - Drums - Vocals & Instruments - Microphones - Microphones Saw a live event last...

Sino
replies: 3 views: 2,388
sonicdefault 28th August 2012

Does anyone know what series this is? it seems to be in great shape but I cant tell if its new or old or crap or good.....

Coreywilliams
replies: 2 views: 5,388
Coreywilliams 28th August 2012

Hey Everyone, Ok. I want to build my own analogue synthesizers. I've already started teaching myself about electronic...

jedi
replies: 6 views: 1,039
jedi 28th August 2012

I am looking for a good two track master recorder. I am buying a tascam 38 8 track reel to reel and I was considering a Revox B77...

heimcomputer
replies: 1 views: 2,254
donnylang 28th August 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search