The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm new to recording, and this forum. Hai all! Basically i've got all the mics interfaces etc. But i've been mixing on computer...

stevenglass
replies: 8 views: 831
dirtychuck 12th September 2012

WARNING: I realize I'm asking for an awful lot here. I have a clear idea in my mind what I'd like but I'm just not sure if it is...

Alexander Dunnet
replies: 14 views: 1,782
Alexander Dunnet 12th September 2012

I listen mostly to Electronic Music and do a little bit of mixing and I was wondering what one of these speakers would be better...

Rinx7
replies: 0 views: 3,094
Rinx7 12th September 2012

Hey guys, I've been noticing a lot of the top tier producers are using this cool stutter technique on they're...

Maine
replies: 28 views: 3,089
Ender_rpm 12th September 2012

I recently purchased an entire set of Ddrum triggers (the nicer ones with XLR output) - they will be on my snare drum, bass drum,...

Im not Oscar
replies: 0 views: 1,635
Im not Oscar 11th September 2012

Last night I was working on a song, making edits to ensure that everything was tight and on time. But in doing so I found that...

Yummerz
replies: 31 views: 2,660
SmoothVibe 11th September 2012

Just ordered one. Very excited. Any Mahalia lovers out there?

drpeacock
replies: 2 views: 2,085
cheu78 11th September 2012

HEy, In keeping reverb separate but accessible when printing stems: Do you prefer to have each stem with it's (sent) amount...

MattMoorman
replies: 1 views: 2,645
motone 11th September 2012

Hey guys, It would be great if some people could help me out with doing a survey for me. I build an MNAT's 1176 and have been...

Mrtea51
replies: 4 views: 1,273
Mrtea51 11th September 2012

I have the chance to buy RME RayDat PCI-e soundcard and RME ADI-8DS for about 1650USD. I would use the ADI-8 for my 8ch SCA. I...

ljona
replies: 6 views: 2,319
phas3d 11th September 2012

Basically right now i am using a m-audio fast track ultra 8R. I had to aggregate a device because 8 inputs wasnt enough. I have...

Faymus Media
replies: 1 views: 777
Faymus Media 11th September 2012

Criteria: 4 to 6 spaces, deep enough to leave connections plugged in. I have no idea whether bags or the molded racks would...

kerouac
replies: 4 views: 1,322
kerouac 11th September 2012

So I have a Saffire Pro 24 that I got a battery for, and it works fine as a portable unit, but I want to hook it up to the camera...

asdfdsa
replies: 2 views: 1,145
mixedup 11th September 2012

Hi guys! I'm a satisfied user of SSL Alphalink which I use for summing through a Amek BC3 desk. The only thing that's lacking on...

burningd
replies: 1 views: 897
dave gross 11th September 2012

Just doing a last minute addition of total weight of materials for the new drumm room and it came in at a whopping .......25...

Daniel Comport
replies: 0 views: 627
Daniel Comport 11th September 2012

I'm a noob here, so hopefully this is the right forum for this: I have about a $200 budget to buy a microphone for recording...

tarawa
replies: 18 views: 2,126
gamrecords 11th September 2012

Grabbed one out of a local store used. Adds nice depth to bass gt. Wondering if it's just worth getting Renn Maxx bass or the...

TML
replies: 14 views: 16,575
popmann 11th September 2012

How many artists/singers/musicians actually sit and write a song with the producer in the room? Are you open to the task or are...

Trill Trax
replies: 6 views: 761
Trill Trax 11th September 2012

A great tradition on Gearslutz is that people post audio files to demonstrate/evaluate equipment and make comparisons. A few...

Arthur Stone
replies: 22 views: 1,843
Arthur Stone 11th September 2012

Hi, i have recently bought an Nord rack 3 and i want to record those sounds to my mac. Here is what i have: - Macbook Pro late...

JibbeSander
replies: 12 views: 1,277
JibbeSander 11th September 2012

Got an offer for a pair of 1272 rebuilt by Jml to mic amps, original transformers, rack and psu, 2000$ ? Have no idea what these...

Showcase
replies: 8 views: 925
Vintageidiot 11th September 2012

hello all, im thinking about buying the Motif XF work station, from previously using MPC drum machines i always bought an...

SaintAudio87
replies: 0 views: 756
SaintAudio87 11th September 2012

Longtime listener: first time caller... I have a small broadcast video post production studio and in the process of building...

NYCVAPE
replies: 2 views: 1,553
Jack Luminous 11th September 2012

So, I've always been a 44.1 guy - have always laughed a little at the guys who thought they could hear any difference between...

hollow
replies: 16 views: 2,242
Bob Olhsson 11th September 2012

I plan on building this room but I've reading how a small room to mix brings in a lot of problems. On the GIK acoustics site I...

Adonis Martine
replies: 7 views: 1,095
loopy 11th September 2012

Hi everyone! I am new here but it seems like everyone is extremely knowledgeable so i registered :D! So my question is what...

SarahKim
replies: 0 views: 658
SarahKim 11th September 2012

After introducing a sub into my chain I notice a 'hole' in the frequency response, starting just before my set crossover point....

HSLand
replies: 5 views: 1,365
Reptil 11th September 2012

Hi guys, this is my first post here so please be gentle ;-) I have been recording (amateur) for many years and want add...

Wonderwoman
replies: 25 views: 7,200
andreaeffe 11th September 2012

Hi, Does anyone know if you can do off-tape monitoring on a Studer A80 VU or RC 2 track, which has the capability of...

reel_to_real
replies: 0 views: 1,136
reel_to_real 11th September 2012

Hi guys id like to introduce myself, names jasper (hence K4SPA)Just joined the forum today, although i have been reading through...

K4SPA
replies: 3 views: 761
andychamp 11th September 2012

Hello Everyone, I'm new to Gearslutz but not so much to the recording business. Just wanted to say that many users on this site...

Firsthand Media
replies: 3 views: 821
Firsthand Media 11th September 2012

When compressing the sub kick do you do so on its own or do you tend to send it to a bus along with the main kick mic and...

dialectic
replies: 7 views: 3,514
Suspects 11th September 2012

Can't find the spec on this anywhere. I know it's a hot tape but how hot: +6, +9? Does anybody know?

Rob Coates
replies: 3 views: 1,668
Rick Sutton 11th September 2012

So at the moment i don't have the budget for a high end mic pre but found someone selling a Neve 1073 clone for a fair price...

slowmotion
replies: 102 views: 26,824
TonyBelmont 11th September 2012

ill be in the market for a hardware mixer soon.. something between 8 and 12 channels. ive yet to use a mixer other than what...

skarekroh
replies: 11 views: 1,694
brassmoose 11th September 2012

Or surrounding areas for Modern Hard Rock/Rock. This includes big budget rooms. FIGHT!

TehGuitarist
replies: 9 views: 423
Blackfoot 11th September 2012

Hi al, I am setting up a home studio for myself and would like to know which would be the best option to go. I was told by a...

shahab
replies: 10 views: 3,933
psycho_monkey 11th September 2012

Hi! I am thinking to buy a mic for my home studio. I will use it for vocals and acoustic guitar. Should I but an AT4047 or a...

kppoykko
replies: 15 views: 9,842
EvLoutonian 11th September 2012

This be my first post here, though I have lurked about for awhile. Hope this community can help me ID an interesting old podium...

yksyks
replies: 5 views: 1,080
Lotus 7 11th September 2012

Ok, been meaning to sign up for a while, newbie blah blah. Today while I was out of the control room, a client went ahead and...

slutface
replies: 7 views: 1,403
12ax7 11th September 2012

I need to get some 2" tape freighted from San Francisco to Australia and need to know if modern airport security scanning...

BigSkyAudio
replies: 0 views: 521
BigSkyAudio 11th September 2012

I'm in a folky/funky/jazzy group that has been trying to find the right recording 'sound' for our music. We've done a moderate...

iipeacefrog
replies: 36 views: 3,273
theblue1 11th September 2012

Okay so I just upgraded my interface to a profire 610, I have protools 9 MP, and I wanted to switch out my PC for a MacBook Pro....

glpbqb
replies: 4 views: 739
ksandvik 11th September 2012

hello fellow slutz, haven't posted on here for awhile but I've been an engineer for a few years and this is the first time I've...

Knob Tweak
replies: 8 views: 1,209
RightOnRome 11th September 2012

I have the opportunity to buy a neumann u87 from the mid 70s. Which is to be re-skinned by Thiersch it has a few dents in the...

wilshawuk
replies: 2 views: 1,266
hasbeen 11th September 2012

Hey, I've searched for awhile and can't find a definite answer. I usually create a separate headphone mix in pro tools for the...

ol drippy
replies: 0 views: 791
ol drippy 10th September 2012

Hi all, not sure if this is in the right place so mods feel free to move. I recently acquired a Quad 520f amplifier to run my...

Noobergeek
replies: 0 views: 1,434
Noobergeek 10th September 2012

Is anybody using this or have any experience with this sub ? Im curious because it is being sold everywhere for very cheap (half...

Stormkloud
replies: 5 views: 3,418
nst7 10th September 2012

Hello, so here's my question. I have a digidesign 96i interface and a Apogee Ensemble. I'm trying to set it up to record 24...

J. Fox
replies: 5 views: 1,028
psycho_monkey 10th September 2012

I currently have no mic preamps, except the ones built-in to my TC Electronic SK48 interface and am looking for something nice,...

Gadget13769
replies: 15 views: 1,292
Kenny Gioia 10th September 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search