The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I want an ultra-clean and detailed mic pre in my arsenal. The pre's on my RME Fireface 400 are supposed to be very neutral and of...

Kirkl
replies: 22 views: 2,878
frans 14th September 2012

Hey guys, ive been asking around and looking on the internet a lot lately and just cannot seem to find the right way to connect...

Monkie
replies: 0 views: 1,075
Monkie 14th September 2012

I do wonder often how come some producers find the superb vocalist perfect for their track ? I mean, do they just write out an ad...

Musician
replies: 3 views: 912
The Aristocrat 14th September 2012

Just curious what people are digging these days... mixed a gig last night where the headliner had heil mics on everything, which...

TehGuitarist
replies: 34 views: 1,114
Murton 14th September 2012

I'm reposting this thread with a more accurate title to hopefully draw in the information i'm looking for. I haven't been able...

Firsthand Media
replies: 3 views: 1,578
Firsthand Media 14th September 2012

Hey i'm looking to purchase some low end monitors for mixing & mastering tracks, after browsing these forums i've seen alot...

Cornellius
replies: 3 views: 19,165
Ladderwalker86 14th September 2012

I'm thinking about putting these in a signal chain on electric guitars... Miic -> Pre -> RNC or RNLA -> AD Anyone...

rack gear
replies: 3 views: 2,472
electricity17 14th September 2012

What do you guys recommend? Latency wise, and all that. I'm running a i5-2500k

darklotusfaygo
replies: 4 views: 539
darklotusfaygo 14th September 2012

I have read here that you engineered something for Adrian Sherwood....One of the Lee Perry projects.Just curious,was it...

Ghede
replies: 10 views: 2,370
Chufft 14th September 2012

Ive tried to find out what snare was used under "Brand new Eyes" for the most of the songs! Ive asked several...

Showcase
replies: 0 views: 1,959
Showcase 14th September 2012

why is this so damn expensive ? $ 3000 bucks... For what primary purpose do most people use this compressor for ? What...

lukejs
replies: 2 views: 1,450
electraluxx 14th September 2012

Im pretty sure Id rather get kicked in the teeth than ever do anything with this guy.

uncle muscles
replies: 2 views: 1,060
uncle muscles 14th September 2012

Hi all, I managed to get hold of a soundcraft 8000 32ch board a few months ago. It was a bit tatty around the edges, but with a...

inthepipeline
replies: 5 views: 1,960
inthepipeline 14th September 2012

Hi everyone, I'm usually producing house music, disco and techno, using mostly hardware (MPC, ASR-10, JUNO 60... ) I don't have...

getaurel
replies: 0 views: 856
getaurel 14th September 2012

Man, I'm trying to like it (I love their first two albums and the Hot Leg album), but the mix is really killing it for me. No...

Elvis Christ
replies: 0 views: 812
Elvis Christ 14th September 2012

...been searching and reading about the various Gefell mics. I used to own a umt70s and really liked it, but had to sell it a few...

turk sanchez
replies: 9 views: 3,248
turk sanchez 14th September 2012

i have a pretty standard otari mx5050. two tracks. i love the machine. it works well. i have seen units where the recording...

arhodenizer
replies: 5 views: 1,164
Antony Scott 14th September 2012

Please review the details of my newly acquired project studio (and background story!) I have reached the point in my head...

Play
replies: 6 views: 1,200
babooino 14th September 2012

hello. It's been a while since I've done live engineering, or upgraded my mobile/cell phone for that matter. So I wonder, are...

fweqy
replies: 2 views: 999
fweqy 14th September 2012

Hi any tips on how to say no to an artist you not want to work with or believe in? I have a case where an artist wants to...

musicmixer04
replies: 14 views: 1,226
musicmixer04 13th September 2012

Hi guys, Does anyone have any experience recording a telephone interview for a radio/podcast? I need to get the necessary...

jon_nes
replies: 11 views: 1,086
12ax7 13th September 2012

So here is my issue. I have a UA Apollo and I have a DBOX for summing, monitor control, talk back. I am interested in upgrading...

Bart_Stasik
replies: 6 views: 1,763
riffmachine 13th September 2012

Have anyone recorded with two miked guitar amps in the same room? Planning to put JCM800 + Fender Hot Rod Deluxe in the same...

Rokus666
replies: 16 views: 3,239
string6theory 13th September 2012

I'm not looking for a studio that has 2 or 3 analog synths to hire for a recording session, I'm essentially looking to use a...

adg21
replies: 5 views: 2,716
eastsidetone 13th September 2012

Hi, I own a project mix, two months ago I bought an Universal Audio Apollo, works great, but I miss the control surface option...

juliomonroy
replies: 3 views: 802
juliomonroy 13th September 2012

I'm looking into a headphone amp in the near future. I'm almost certain I want the PreSonus HP60. I was just wondering what your...

OwensDrumming
replies: 3 views: 1,033
stoplaughing 13th September 2012

I'm looking to step up my little mix rig at home, and would love some input from y'all over here. A little background: I'm just...

NickNagurka
replies: 6 views: 1,064
Drass 13th September 2012

So all know how music has grown through the different periods of times and how today there is more dominance for the loudness...

Trill Trax
replies: 31 views: 2,104
theblue1 13th September 2012

How do you maintain mix consistency and quality across a project? I'm currently working on an EP for a folky female singer duo,...

kludge
replies: 0 views: 627
kludge 13th September 2012

I mix OTB using a Sony DMX-R100 connected via MADI to Cubase. So I do 99% of my EQ/Compression/Balance/etc in the Sony, because...

rjay
replies: 11 views: 1,990
fastlanestoner 13th September 2012

I want to try playing live with only laptop. I am going to need a midi keyboard a foot controller and an audio interface for my...

tuckertota
replies: 1 views: 585
tuckertota 13th September 2012

I'm looking for a ribbon mic for rock guitar. WHat do you guys prefer? royer 121 or coles 4038?

bokaasen
replies: 23 views: 6,192
dillweed 13th September 2012

Ok, just for the sake of it (this is gearslutz afterall) What's the longest time you've waited to acquire a piece of...

AtomicMidi
replies: 19 views: 1,437
Rascal Audio 13th September 2012

So im hoping this is an easy question to answer. Since i started using Logic for production, coming from pro tools ive been...

Chase Orion
replies: 5 views: 3,353
robstercraw 13th September 2012

How do you know when the converters are clipping? The stereo bus has plenty of analog headroom but the converters will clip...

Sotsirc
replies: 7 views: 1,254
Sotsirc 13th September 2012

So, over the past few years, I have been doing my headphone mixes on some Beyerdynamic DT770's. Honestly, I was never really...

silence2-38554
replies: 0 views: 1,655
silence2-38554 13th September 2012

Hi everyone, first post on your forums. I hope I found my way through all the (sub)categories relatively ok. I own a poorly...

raylisman
replies: 0 views: 783
raylisman 13th September 2012

i bought this oktava for 50$ used off craigslist, i tested it on his setup that he had and it sounded like it had less gain on it...

orbit
replies: 5 views: 2,933
baatjet 13th September 2012

Hi, this is my first post, so I´d like to introduce myself: I´m Konrad from Berlin. I´m into psychedelic electronic music,...

Konrad Seifert
replies: 6 views: 1,639
Luke Baldry 13th September 2012

Hey - I've been interested in Linell because the guys a mod I guess but as you probably know he has a wicked hardware range....

dogma
replies: 50 views: 21,824
princecharmin 13th September 2012

I have a Blast Pad arriving tomorrow and I believe it comes with no stalk or way to mount. What is the way to mount it? I'd...

OK GO
replies: 1 views: 817
Dan Kennedy 13th September 2012

First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong section. I have some money I plan to spend on gear (about £400 (or $650 I...

edlamb0306
replies: 2 views: 581
edlamb0306 13th September 2012

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with using the digital converter on the UA 4-710 and does it sound better, worse or...

smoovemode
replies: 9 views: 3,706
gehauser 13th September 2012

I've had an idea to create a forum for producers, recording artists and engineers to network and hopefully collaborate and share...

ossuss
replies: 5 views: 1,110
[email protected]_xchange 13th September 2012

Just want to know if other share the same problem: To me the biggest obstacle in coming up with a good mix is....ear fatigue and...

Saudade
replies: 15 views: 1,237
narcoman 13th September 2012

Hi, So I was on the verge of buying a used SPL Channel One today. Heard mostly good things about it and for my money seems to be...

Lorenzop
replies: 9 views: 1,645
Lorenzop 13th September 2012

The Canon HV20 HD camcorder has a 3.5 mm Stereo Mini-jack input for an external microphone. The external mics that fit on the...

Quickpunch
replies: 3 views: 5,116
hikingdad 13th September 2012

Hi, Ive been noticing that every track with instruments in it I added, the whole mix sounds weaker. Its like they dont pop out...

jerberson12
replies: 19 views: 3,094
filipv 13th September 2012

Hi, if you use both in your studio what do you think? How the softube software compare to the TLA100 hardware? Thanks!

KIDBILL
replies: 2 views: 1,520
KIDBILL 13th September 2012

Hi there! Im thinking on purchasing a new interfase and external Pre Amps (Apogee Ensemble and Universal Audio 4-710D). I...

Mr.Duck
replies: 1 views: 796
ForgottenG 13th September 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search