The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! Ok, I bought Taylor Swifts "Speak Now" album to study some of Justin Niebanks work...plus, I just like her stuff...

SDB_12
replies: 58 views: 6,076
theblue1 22nd November 2012

Basically two finished song clips from the same band, recorded two different ways. Details are below in the original post. ...

old ghost
replies: 0 views: 641
old ghost 22nd November 2012

Well? And if so, please post some of your tunes and your gear list!

GearAndGuitars
replies: 3 views: 1,139
Boschen 22nd November 2012

I'm getting some grainy distortion on voice tracks that I just can't track down. Thought it wouldn't do any harm to give all the...

Dayo
replies: 12 views: 1,620
Boschen 22nd November 2012

I don't know if it's just my taste in older recordings, but I always seem content with having my bass guitar and kick in mono...

steelyfan
replies: 32 views: 4,534
nznexus 22nd November 2012

hi guys i am looking to buy my first microphone that i will be using for rapping as well as singing. my budget is under $1000. i...

vivid435
replies: 8 views: 1,032
vivid435 22nd November 2012

Hi all, I bought my Onyx 400F a year and a half ago and had a few problems with clicks and pops - some clash with the version of...

hazza
replies: 19 views: 6,293
sanspyder 22nd November 2012
replies: - views: -
CurseesConnect 22nd November 2012

i gave a lend of my wharfedale pro titan 15 speakers to a friend and one came back tweeterless. i don't know much about...

THE_NIK
replies: 14 views: 4,483
THE_NIK 22nd November 2012

I apolgize if this isn't the correct forum to ask this question, but I've searched the internet and can't find much on the way of...

adigga
replies: 0 views: 978
adigga 22nd November 2012

How can you tell the difference between a oktava mk-219 Russian made mic and a Chinese made one? Thanks

greenfields
replies: 9 views: 3,750
Puffer Fish 22nd November 2012

As the title says in a somehow simplistic way, I'm looking to expand the I/O channel count of my studio but for some reason I'm...

sparrow
replies: 3 views: 726
sparrow 22nd November 2012

Hi all, This is my first post to gearslutz, so apologies if this isn't the correct forum. I recently purchased an Egnater...

EricO
replies: 0 views: 1,438
EricO 22nd November 2012

Hi all, having a hard time finding out who produced this album. The one released in 2008. It immediately caught my attention...

boybianchi
replies: 0 views: 667
boybianchi 22nd November 2012

howdy1. I become crazy... i cant find the settings on the nanoface that will fix this and cant find the problem on...

xjumpmasterx
replies: 2 views: 992
xjumpmasterx 22nd November 2012

hey guys, i been saving money for 8 months and i have $2,000 saved, i am saving to buy recording equipment for recording vocals...

butterfan214
replies: 34 views: 2,484
hefleyjohn 22nd November 2012

At first I'd like to say hello to all of you guys! While following a bunch of threads in this amazing forum, I have read a lot...

Studiotalk
replies: 0 views: 1,024
Studiotalk 22nd November 2012

So allot of compressors have that AUTO release-time option (and sometimes even attack-time). How is something like this...

ssiicckkoo
replies: 12 views: 2,467
RiF 22nd November 2012

I've had my HS80's since May. Everything works perfectly, both speakers work like a charm, but i´ve noticed that the the Lighted...

Visionizin
replies: 1 views: 581
Visionizin 22nd November 2012

I've been loving this album so much lately, for the musical content as well as the mixes. There was a lot of care taken to make...

Abe
replies: 0 views: 863
Abe 22nd November 2012

I have noticed another thing that when I turn my fast track pro and mixer levels at full there is a thick noise introduced and...

ritesh
replies: 9 views: 2,757
Kiwi 22nd November 2012

Hi Slutz, Long time lurker, first time poster. I produce and DJ EDM. (dubstep, electro, trap, moombahton, etc) I currently...

jamesclancaster
replies: 1 views: 1,400
mamcdonald 22nd November 2012

Hi - i have been listening to Love Me or Hate me by Lady Sovereign (pr. Dr Luke) - and it has a really cool kinda reversed vocal...

TLMUSIC
replies: 6 views: 2,601
joeq 22nd November 2012

Currently getting ready to lay down some vocals and have been talking to some great engineers and they recommend I use my AT 4033...

LarsSlate
replies: 4 views: 1,139
SoundHouse 22nd November 2012

Just curious what would be the "ballpark" (average time in years) items like these tend to last-if well taken care...

chessparov
replies: 21 views: 6,011
rknrollo 22nd November 2012

Hey guys I'm wanting to know if anyone has used the SSL Alpha VHD Preamps as make up gain for a passive summing mixer? And how...

naths101
replies: 1 views: 1,336
naths101 22nd November 2012

where do you post mixing related questions around here? Shouldn't there be a section for it?

Matz67
replies: 1 views: 736
nosleepPDX 22nd November 2012

Which one would you take and why? diddlydoo

KIDBILL
replies: 3 views: 843
Tanner.Danielson 22nd November 2012

Hey all - Every preamp I've ever used from cheap to mid-range has a single, continuously variable gain control knob. Others I...

cusebassman
replies: 0 views: 922
cusebassman 22nd November 2012

Hey everyone! I'm a long-time reader, but new "poster" here on GS, and after searching a few days, here and there, I...

Tanner.Danielson
replies: 3 views: 660
Tanner.Danielson 22nd November 2012

I wish there was a list out there lol. Can one lay JBL 4328ps on the side or does that ruin the schematics of the speakers. Im in...

KennaOkoye
replies: 12 views: 4,376
Lotus 7 22nd November 2012

I have a Tascam 388 - 8 Track 1/4" Analog Reel to Reel recorder. I need to transfer individual tracks to my DAW. I have a...

tooleyoclock
replies: 3 views: 2,970
x_25 22nd November 2012

I'm getting my tax refund tomorrow and seriously looking at the zed r16 to incorporate in my setup. I currently use logic and pro...

kevinn10
replies: 20 views: 7,005
phoenix6969 22nd November 2012

So you're sitting there and suddenly you get a great melody floating through your brain and you grab your acoustic gtr and a pen...

juicylime
replies: 37 views: 6,195
anniedog 22nd November 2012

Hello, all! Just thought I'd ask about an issue I've had with my Mackie SDR multitrack recorder. It really did a great job,...

Galleddrim
replies: 1 views: 633
subspace 22nd November 2012

Hi all, I'm setting up a mic to use around my PC and am looking for recommendations on a good directional mic that is loud /...

smili
replies: 0 views: 843
smili 22nd November 2012

Hey All, Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to U & Yours!!! And to those effected by Hurricane Sandy... I hope that you...

Izzi
replies: 1 views: 477
Ernest Buckley 22nd November 2012

I have a motu 8 pre ran into a new mac pro. I am using logic. I can get it to record but cant get any output sound out of it in...

rhcpryan
replies: 0 views: 690
rhcpryan 22nd November 2012

Time for a right coast party! Gearslutz.com audio forum is proudly celebrating its 10 year anniversary in NYC on Saturday the...

Whitecat
replies: 54 views: 9,426
Jules 22nd November 2012

I'm about to get one of the usual suspects, but if there's some new product to be released somewhere soon, it's better sit tight...

SDC
replies: 5 views: 1,025
Herc 22nd November 2012

Hi all, So I'm looking to route itunes to DAW15/16 and Soundboard to DAW 17/18 on my MIO2882. In System preferences I can only...

timstoreymoses
replies: 6 views: 931
timstoreymoses 22nd November 2012

I've been a long time lurker here, and realize every piece of equipment I'm about to ask about has been beaten to death, but my...

Voice4anychoice
replies: 19 views: 2,990
guitarboy94 21st November 2012

Today I was recording some vocals in the control room with a very gentle singer. I had him set up with fairly nice AKG headphones...

OneMillionMangos
replies: 7 views: 4,189
OneMillionMangos 21st November 2012

YES! Its another headphones thread however this time its more specific. I need headphones for vocal tracking and some...

Ironmalk
replies: 17 views: 1,376
SmoothVibe 21st November 2012

.. is there a plugin that is not for pro tools but comes close to the metric halo channel strip ..............?...

nznexus
replies: 4 views: 1,206
mjtripper 21st November 2012

Heading into the studio in 2 weeks to cut a new LP. Was wondering some general advice to keep our singer's health in tact...

mikoo69
replies: 10 views: 1,040
chrisbramble 21st November 2012

Hi Friends. I'm planing to buy a new iPad. Probably I'll choose iPad Mini. I've a lot of Apps like Gorillaz's Electrive...

uuuhu
replies: 2 views: 1,396
savyurrecords 21st November 2012

Greetings. I don't mean to start another preamp thread, but I am doing some shopping and really want some feedback. Basically...

Black Diamond
replies: 17 views: 1,565
Black Diamond 21st November 2012

My situation is this: I'm hired to remaster an album of which the final mixes were on analog tape. The source I have is a...

KDL
replies: 20 views: 1,203
loujudson 21st November 2012

Hey guys, Just wondering if there are any sonic differences between the Ampeg SVT CL 300w all tube head, and the SVT AV...

Avening
replies: 1 views: 5,154
tiny333 21st November 2012

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search