The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Check it out: 99 NAMM videos in all their glory! kfhkh :cowbell: rockout :synth: freshflowe...

The Press Desk
replies: 7 views: 7,308
Drumsound 7th February 2020

Just what the title said: listen to Perry Como, Sinatra, Peggy Lee, Julie London and others recorded way back then. They sound as...

John Galt
replies: 580 views: 18,738
Bob Olhsson 1 minute ago

I read through all threads on this forum all of which seem to be a bit older. I wonder if anyone had both The Phoenix DRS-Q4...

dc_r
replies: 46 views: 6,445
FOURTHTUNZ 1 minute ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 4,568 views: 418,541
horseface 13 minutes ago

OK, we all know the fastest analog compressor ever made was (is) the Spectra Sonics 610 and C610 with an attack time of 100...

Rob Coates
replies: 3 views: 87
ZEF 14 minutes ago

Been reading a bunch of threads here, and reading Q&A and watching interviews from Andrew Scheps....as a MIX Engineer mixing...

play.exe
replies: 19 views: 349
ejbragg 16 minutes ago

Hello, new here. Looking for some help with hybrid mixing. In short I do all of my mixing and music making in the one go....

weehoggy
replies: 4 views: 182
weehoggy 20 minutes ago

Listened to Captain Beefheart's Safe As Milk today for the first time in a while and I forgot how much I loved it. There is an...

Koolaidjammer
replies: 4 views: 178
tchgtr 22 minutes ago

I’ve been a drummer for years, never a pro. Spent many years as a producer and engineer. Worked with every brand, every head,...

Mr_littlejeans
replies: 5 views: 73
Mr_littlejeans 36 minutes ago

I've been wondering for awhile why most of us prefer the sound of analog gear generally speaking. Yes, I know digital has come a...

Gears
replies: 4,357 views: 143,991
sirjuxtable 57 minutes ago

I am recording a singing guitarist. Me! I have an SM58 on vocals and a Beyerdynamic SDC mic on the guitar. Problem is, the SDC...

camomiletea
replies: 23 views: 460
ejbragg 1 hour ago

Whats up! i have a DDA AMR24 console that I purchased this time last year that I've been bringing back to life, I've found...

The Lab Studios
replies: 1 views: 65
Old Yin 1 hour ago

I am currently mixing just using my gaming headset. When I mix, I don't just use how it sounds to me as a guide, I use reference...

SantaOMG
replies: 9 views: 305
bill5 1 hour ago

I made a little video about this, and am curious about where you guys get reference tracks from. https://youtu.be/k5VpyokI0Do

maartenl945
replies: 3 views: 132
Drumsound 2 hours ago

picked up the 2 slot bento box and now need to stuff it. budget is roughly $500-800 Will be running vocals and guitar/bass...

vashuba
replies: 22 views: 774
kludgeaudio 2 hours ago

So I recently purchased my first lunchbox and the A Designs P1 preamp and absolutely love it! Much better than the preamps in my...

carryonsteve
replies: 23 views: 2,620
FOURTHTUNZ 2 hours ago

I have a pair of Sony MDR-7506s going on almost 5 years. The earpads have been deteriorating/flaking off lately so it's time to...

Elsongs
replies: 8 views: 263
omega75 2 hours ago

Hello! I am recording an album of solo voice music onto a Nagra 4.2 in mono. I will eventually convert these recordings to...

kserenbetz
replies: 4 views: 452
Rolo 46 2 hours ago

Hi, I am looking to fill my last 2u rack space at the moment. So far I have :- Motu 828es interface 2x Warm TB12's with...

dickiefunk
replies: 1 views: 72
JLast 2 hours ago

If you could only use one hardware compressor on vocals (recording and mixing) for the rest of your life, which one would it be?...

imloggedin
replies: 1 views: 80
thepilgrimsdream 2 hours ago

Hey guys I have been doing a lot of research on where to invest next in my setup. After several years of upgrading my acoustic...

RevivalSound
replies: 0 views: 59
RevivalSound 3 hours ago

I've read more than once that Steve Albini claims to avoid compression. "There will occasionally be compression on...

MoltenVoltage
replies: 60 views: 2,493
biksonije 3 hours ago

Has anyone tried them yet? (https://www.soundonsound.com/news/fx50-fx80-new-nearfield-actives-fluid-audio)

thebrightestday
replies: 28 views: 3,436
pderbidge 3 hours ago

Thinking of buying Api 512v pre and 550b for tracking-mainly bass, guitars, mandolin, vocal etc. Would you stick with the...

BEEHIVE
replies: 0 views: 54
BEEHIVE 3 hours ago

Hello, I'm building my humble home studio and I want to record analog. I've spotted several Real To Real machines for about two...

malonedelacroix
replies: 11 views: 260
terrible.dee 3 hours ago

I’d like to introduce this thread by a review of to classic reggae albums that are on my point of view also two of the best...

David1085
replies: 489 views: 64,859
Funny Cat 3 hours ago

POST ONE of THREE I've been doing some processing on some live drum recordings for an upcoming project, and I just finished...

charlieclouser
replies: 26 views: 1,136
method1 3 hours ago

I saw Tony Masterati mention he likes to use the shortest possible mic cable from the mic to the preamp. Has anyone tested mic...

mikoo69
replies: 30 views: 641
bowzin 3 hours ago

Sooo... Mr. Internet knows next to nothing about her aside from this pic of the yet-to-be-released next month's copy of SOS mag....

mp3
replies: 1,431 views: 185,256
SARawls 4 hours ago

Anyone mixing through a Radial Space Heater? I get the impression Radial's status as makers of DI's has put this unit more off...

SEED78
replies: 13 views: 2,088
teddymusic 4 hours ago

Hi, I want to send my Cubase same stereo out to different outputs of Apollo without using monitor control. 1-2 Monitor out for...

Eq_1084
replies: 0 views: 54
Eq_1084 4 hours ago

Hi all, long time lurker, very rare poster here! Hoping to get some opinions on monitor controllers, DA conversion in general,...

rkswartz0804
replies: 0 views: 63
rkswartz0804 4 hours ago

Hey everybody, I'm I alone in thinking that the 1176 is way overhyped and almost completely useless for tracking...the only thing...

nickynicknick
replies: 300 views: 22,729
rob S 4 hours ago

Random question. Years ago when I was working at a big studio, the owner was good to just crews units using the bottom two rack...

henryrobinett
replies: 61 views: 1,821
Extreme Mixing 4 hours ago

Hello all! Just wanted to give you guys some updatse on our side as a lot of you were really interested in the products we...

Karpmentalise
replies: 516 views: 48,369
mkdvb 4 hours ago

Anyone uses a/d clipping for tone and not for loudness?

amit monga
replies: 6 views: 212
deedeeyeah 4 hours ago

Hey, Random thought, if Shure were to release a follow up to the SM7B, what would you want from it? Higher output? Incorporate...

lukeforester1
replies: 3 views: 194
JLast 4 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking into a $500 range tube microphone for vocal recording. Would anyone like to give suggestions? For preamps I...

hello people
replies: 50 views: 2,095
Piavoice 5 hours ago

Been looking at 90s/2000s multitrack recorders just for fun. Which model was really top of the line at the time? Any with really...

tnipe
replies: 0 views: 79
tnipe 5 hours ago

Enjoy some of the tunes on this record, but I find the bass/bottom end generally to be an absolute mess — woofy and overly...

mahler007
replies: 2 views: 115
mbvoxx 5 hours ago

EQP-KT | Equalizers | Signal Processors | Klarkteknik | Categories | MUSIC Group Price anyone?

t-bone
replies: 1,894 views: 293,936
dickiefunk 8 hours ago
replies: 1,908 views: 166,011
[email protected] 9 hours ago

Hi! It's my first post, after months of silently reading in this forum. Right now I got at home for testing: Genelec 7350 Sub...

Nail
replies: 15 views: 468
ozonepaul 12 hours ago

In the United States that have a 2" 8 Track headstack for their tape machines? Thanks in advance.

drpeacock
replies: 1 views: 127
Drumsound 12 hours ago

Hi people, Just was going through my vinyl collection and this beauty came up, So had to stick it on and listen to it, Wow...

ollie633
replies: 3 views: 1,444
Clabur 13 hours ago

Hi all The current in-house kit at my studio is a Yamaha Oak Custom comprising of a 22" kick, 16" floor tom,...

dialectic
replies: 34 views: 1,348
Mr_littlejeans 14 hours ago

I'll use a scenario to ask my question: Let's say I have a brighter and a darker mic on a source; acoustic guitar; U67 for...

mikoo69
replies: 2 views: 165
Oldone 15 hours ago

So doing a bit of research on my next pair of Small Condenser Mic’s, wanting additional sensitivity for transients, seeing...

geddydawg
replies: 3 views: 234
ejbragg 15 hours ago

I've had both of these mics for a little while now and have been trying them on anything and everything I can, and because it's...

Samc
replies: 224 views: 27,767
markblockjzz 16 hours ago

Hello fellow gearslutz. I bring to your attention a find I think is rather interesting. I cam across a collection of BWM...

DIYorDIE
replies: 0 views: 97
DIYorDIE 16 hours ago

Hey all. I've had my Apogee Ensemble FireWire since 2010, and it's done me right. The last few months I've had the typical...

Boodmaster
replies: 0 views: 92
Boodmaster 17 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search