The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,194
Views: 2,194
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Haven't heard much about this since they've been out. Saw the VK video and it seem nice enough but would be cool to hear from...

satmon
replies: 8 views: 426
szyam 12 minutes ago

Anywhere I can hear sounds from MELLOTRON Sound Card 02 and 03??

erike123
replies: 3 views: 282
erike123 18 minutes ago

Does getting the Deepmind 6 / 12 make sense when already having the Juno 106? (even when not a real gearslut rockout) Also, is...

erike123
replies: 0 views: 1
erike123 21 minutes ago

Like the title reads... Whose the "real deal"? Thanks, Chris

chessparov2.0
replies: 57 views: 1,389
kasami08 29 minutes ago

I've seen a lot of folks using mics positioned in front of the drummer's knee recently, between the top of the kick shell and the...

skycaptain
replies: 26 views: 1,058
monkeyxx 1 hour ago

I know this can be interpreted as very open-ended, so let me clarify and be more specific. I mixed all ITB for the last year...

littlesicily
replies: 951 views: 48,506
javamad 1 hour ago

Calling out 'round the world to... Folks like like Bob Ohlsson/Mike Tarsia/Bobby Eli/Bushman, et al, to chime on. Also welcome...

chessparov2.0
replies: 348 views: 11,766
Bob Olhsson 1 hour ago

I need to convert an 8ch AES/EBU DB25 output to either ADAT optical or balanced analog. What’s a cost effective way of...

jerry123
replies: 0 views: 48
jerry123 1 hour ago

So in about a month I'm planning on recording 4 or 5 songs from Deftones' Around The Fur. The only real purpose is to improve my...

ryanojohn
replies: 25 views: 7,751
aquestionoftime 2 hours ago

Let‘s share! Nevermind if it‘s an original, clone, plugin. It‘s about what‘s possible with the quirky and relatively...

andychamp
replies: 2 views: 222
andychamp 2 hours ago

Hey all, I'm new but have been trying to find some information on some nice desktop audio interfaces since I'm considering to...

fxscreamer
replies: 0 views: 62
fxscreamer 2 hours ago

I always enjoy reading a quote by MJK about audio in general. I felt this one was a gem that needed to be shared, as people...

Antagonist
replies: 16 views: 685
Drumsound 2 hours ago

Really great record. Has that 70's LA studio feel. Anyone know any details on this? I know it was recording at Studio One in...

brothertony
replies: 9 views: 981
Fastcastle 2 hours ago

I'm an amateur, and not really looking for perfection, which is handy as my home studio doubles as a playroom for my kids and has...

thesheep
replies: 5 views: 326
thesheep 2 hours ago

Hello- I am looking for any good recommendations for a tube microphone for a warm and full and forward sound for female vocals...

MusicLady1
replies: 24 views: 1,315
MarkF48 2 hours ago

Hi all! I keep coming back to Phoenix' Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix album, both for my sheer musical enjoyment of it but also as a...

terje_t
replies: 2 views: 232
terje_t 2 hours ago

Affordable high-voltage tube dist/comp? I'm not interested in buying some low-powered cheap and small tube gear here, but I'm...

soundmodel
replies: 6 views: 517
aquestionoftime 2 hours ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,413 views: 101,461
TimS 3 hours ago

As mtr 90 thread, can we also have a thread for MX80 users on tips, finding spares, fault finding, sharing any ideas about the...

haystack
replies: 62 views: 6,192
Antony Scott 3 hours ago

Hello all! Just wanted to give you guys some updatse on our side as a lot of you were really interested in the products we...

Karpmentalise
replies: 2 views: 116
TimS 3 hours ago

Which headphones are the best for both recording vocals and mixing music (mostly rap and electronic music) under 100$? I made a...

michal12345
replies: 3 views: 98
Poinzy 3 hours ago

I have found that if I play and sing a song without a click, and then track overdubs afterward, it sounds a little sloppy but...

Yummerz
replies: 1,562 views: 28,762
u87allen 4 hours ago
replies: 0 views: 63
michal12345 4 hours ago

OK, giving away some things I didn't need yesterday was fun, and I even made a couple new friends in the process. There's a...

RawBeanZen
replies: 43,764 views: 2,318,664
Doctorgun 4 hours ago

I am looking for a good quality hardware reverb to use as a send return in a mixer. I mostly use a sampler, a synth and a...

Langur
replies: 0 views: 74
Langur 4 hours ago

I am thinking to get an analog multiband compression to make the final lifting of a setup which is focused on an analog mixer. I...

Langur
replies: 3 views: 282
Langur 5 hours ago

Hey all! So, I'm guessing I might be in the minority here amongst millennial artists/producers, but I'm big on capturing a...

Kroc
replies: 71 views: 1,682
Ardis 5 hours ago

I'm interested in the SSL buss compressor. But Slates version and the Waves version have no stereo unlink mode. How can I...

Guitarking
replies: 0 views: 75
Guitarking 5 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 3,747 views: 792,127
Ain't Nobody 5 hours ago

Based on videos from Doug Jenkins on line, the SSl Bus compressor has a sound that I prefer over the plug in's he A/B. I have...

Jason rocks
replies: 1 views: 216
Jason rocks 5 hours ago

Hi, been spending a break in Shenzhen China, now that shops are opening again (after Chinese New Year holidays) I went looking...

Hokut
replies: 2 views: 409
Norimaki 5 hours ago

My Fatman 1 has been the mainstay of giving me rather special vocal sounds through the years. Alas, distortion arrived and the...

makehits
replies: 1 views: 85
Matti 5 hours ago

While everyone seems to be obsessed with Neve clones and lunchboxes, I decided to go a different route and purchased a Manley...

thismercifulfate
replies: 13 views: 809
matucha 5 hours ago

Hey Guys, I am a singer songwriter with a small home studio looking to purchase a ribbon mic. I have decided on a ribbon mic...

jjoneill
replies: 76 views: 2,529
Wayne 6 hours ago

Sooo, 2 days ago I finally picked up my first analog synth. I had been window shopping and trolling craigslist for quite a while...

emoji
replies: 9 views: 1,423
proche3 6 hours ago

Hopefully this isn't too broad of an inquiry. I'm currently looking to start investing in a vocal chain of 500 Series units and a...

pritchardsmith
replies: 12 views: 437
Twenty Staxx 7 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking for a tape recorder and I found a Tascam 85-16B for 700€ near home. Unfortunately there are some problems in...

tr0x
replies: 3 views: 220
mrhappy 7 hours ago

Got a brand new blue baby bottle from zzsounds.com. I Live in India . Was in New York for a week so I got it there. Since I was...

rameet47
replies: 6 views: 278
MarkF48 7 hours ago

Bit confused about the routing options in the rosetta 200. I mainly been using it with an ID22 as I prefer the apogee conversion...

Chris Dover
replies: 4 views: 166
Midwood.Studio 7 hours ago

Has anyone tried these yet? Primacoustic - Acoustical Solutions It looks like they've put some thought into it. At the very...

rghose
replies: 178 views: 48,710
tablatom 7 hours ago

hi guys, I remember the old valley people website. black background, red colored fonts. I was able to download the...

George Necola
replies: 31 views: 10,294
Gunadoo 7 hours ago

Considering buying a 2nd hand Manley Vari-Mu..... Any tips on the various versions out there? Which serials to go for or...

contramark
replies: 11 views: 502
proxy 7 hours ago

Hi all, I want a cassette deck for general-purpose studio work (e.g., playback of old cassette recordings for conversion to...

Resort Records
replies: 12 views: 14,893
Jim Williams 7 hours ago

so, anyone got these already ? They seem to be already available in some places. They're supposed to be the successors to the...

spaceman
replies: 25 views: 1,625
r22 8 hours ago

Hi guys! Someone on my local craigslist is selling a Soundcraft Vienna console for 1800. It's in "good working...

bluefire98
replies: 1 views: 188
bluefire98 8 hours ago

So the assumption is that anything under 5ms is undetectable to the human ear. How true is this? I was testing out my...

vintagetones
replies: 26 views: 781
Brent Hahn 9 hours ago

In cardioid how similar do these mics sound? I'm looking for a pair for drum OH but the multi pattern is always very useful in...

KRStudio
replies: 12 views: 3,100
pkuchar 9 hours ago

Hello! I did mics shoot out with: Slate VMS (clean, FG47, FG800, FG251) Manley Reference Cardioid AKG 414 XLS Audio-Technica...

rabinovich
replies: 7 views: 609
rabinovich 11 hours ago

So, I've been snooping around here for about a year now, and have just finally set myself up an account. I was searching for...

m.biggs5456
replies: 9 views: 3,631
rob S 11 hours ago

(Sorry for my bad inglish, i used the google translate to write this) For several weeks I've been looking for information,...

paresjavier
replies: 0 views: 156
paresjavier 11 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search