The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey guys. Long time reader but it's my first post on GS. I need advice from singers and engineers! I spent hours in a studio...

Asim_Hussain
replies: 62 views: 1,172
dc_r 1 minute ago

Hi guys, I want to send MIDI messages to Moog Minitaur and MFB-Tanzbar from one laptop. Should I use two midi cables directly...

urban.michal
replies: 5 views: 83
Deep Water Music 5 minutes ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,203 views: 81,430
Chesther 8 minutes ago

I know a lot of people like this technique for recording drums with few mics, including me! I'm often amazed and intrigued by how...

Joniverse
replies: 4 views: 269
jdier 9 minutes ago

Hi there, I'm going to put a 1U RND Shelford Channel (19” wide by 1.75 inches tall by 10” deep) in my backpack for use as...

hbadger30
replies: 1 views: 21
octatonic 12 minutes ago

I'm looking into buying some mics for recording my drum kit at home. Initially I thought to grab some 421s or something along...

eigentone1
replies: 11 views: 224
jdier 23 minutes ago

OK, giving away some things I didn't need yesterday was fun, and I even made a couple new friends in the process. There's a...

RawBeanZen
replies: 43,699 views: 2,293,645
foxwaves 28 minutes ago

When Broadway singers record their soundtracks, what techniques do they use that are different from their live performances? For...

tinlyer
replies: 0 views: 18
tinlyer 36 minutes ago

Hi! I got the chance to put my hand on a beautiful pair of ProAc Studio Tower, which are ProAc Speaker tower with ATC driver, for...

MichaelStAmour
replies: 1 views: 64
PdotDdot 1 hour ago

Hello, what is difference between the beyerdynamic m69 and m88 in sound? and application? Regards PS: sorry for my english

HDerick
replies: 25 views: 10,229
bernieesquire 1 hour ago

Whenever plugged in doesn't pass any signal. Opened it up can't see any obvious problems.

TS-12
replies: 13 views: 369
PhilDW 1 hour ago

You know what I mean. We've all got 'em! Ok, I'll go first; Why does a graphic waveform have top and bottom shapes that aren't...

juicylime
replies: 5,767 views: 577,717
ollieneedham 1 hour ago

I wasn't around at the time but I've seen a lot of photos of studios in the eighties and nineties, they had outboard gear but was...

Darius1
replies: 31 views: 1,290
Bob Olhsson 1 hour ago

Good evening everyone, I have friend who recently purchased some gear and wants me to come by and help set it up tomorrow. He...

Freshazme
replies: 11 views: 246
Freshazme 1 hour ago

Hi, as a gearslut and beyerdynamic mics lovers (I own almost all their catalog of dynamic and ribbon mics), I didn't think twise...

lowswing
replies: 14 views: 7,818
bernieesquire 1 hour ago

hi folks, my partner studio just invested on a AD converter with input transformer (burl b2 bomber), I've read many good stuffs...

isham
replies: 43 views: 3,717
Bob Olhsson 1 hour ago

You know besides the general thin sound. Was it because hifi systems of the time had a built in boosted low frequency curve?...

Darius1
replies: 170 views: 5,860
O.F.F. 2 hours ago

So this is what my setup currently looks like: https://i.imgur.com/s59S4ir.jpg I mainly work on electronic music for TV and...

ohmicide
replies: 7 views: 382
monkeyxx 2 hours ago

Hi all! So, I know there are a lot of mic shoot-out threads in this forum, but here's my spin: I'm preparing to record an...

Kroc
replies: 27 views: 659
b0se 3 hours ago

Hello everyone, I was looking for a mic preamp to add a different color to my small home set up. I am recording on a MacBook...

dreckdirect
replies: 312 views: 13,996
Brent Hahn 3 hours ago
replies: - views: -
madcap8465 3 hours ago

Hey/hi all I'm on a budget. I'm looking for TC 2290 impulse responses. Can't find anything on Google. Would anyone have any?...

TPSP
replies: 0 views: 70
TPSP 3 hours ago

Matched Preamp for stereo mics or can I get away with two flavors? It's for a stereo pair of M160 ribbons that live (mostly)...

drockfresh
replies: 15 views: 269
drockfresh 4 hours ago

My OCD has been bugging me about this one. Can't seem to find consistent use on this anywhere. I've found magazine articles +...

Charles Dye
replies: 232 views: 27,184
FETHead 4 hours ago

Hi all, I have been considering a new pair of headphones for mixing so I went into a local shop and tried out a couple of...

andrew montreal
replies: 4 views: 329
Pep 4 hours ago

I was wondering if I can use an elektribe sampler 2 as midi controller to play a Novation a station. I ordered the Novation...

Langur
replies: 0 views: 69
Langur 4 hours ago

Hi All! Recently purchased a new Icon, Platform M+ DAW controller. I guess my first and most important question is HAS...

Empora
replies: 0 views: 95
Empora 5 hours ago

Has anyone heard of Ross Martin Audio. He has a 2 channel ad converter for $200, and a 2 channel Da converter for $300. Using...

The Convicted
replies: 385 views: 71,220
darkkleine 6 hours ago

Hi everyone, I'm in the market for a matched pair of Pultec clones (the one from ProReplicas) and can't find any review on...

Cebonvieuxbill
replies: 16 views: 1,437
SEED78 6 hours ago

I know this can be interpreted as very open-ended, so let me clarify and be more specific. I mixed all ITB for the last year...

littlesicily
replies: 816 views: 37,704
ollieneedham 7 hours ago

This fledgling Ukrainian company seems interesting. Makes various tube stuff, pedals to hi-fi amps. His first "studio"...

Mr Funk
replies: 145 views: 6,589
Mr Funk 8 hours ago

Hi, I'm a VO artist, and just wondered if any other VOs/producers/engineers have any experience with the Neve 88RLB 500 series...

RichC
replies: 7 views: 517
RichC 8 hours ago

I have a few items of gear in my studio that I have had for many years and for various reasons I consider special, regardless of...

Chevron
replies: 23 views: 1,051
rimisrandma 9 hours ago

Do you guys know where I can get nice tubes for preamps and stuff In the UK ?Or maybe Europe and buy on line? Thanks ! Ale

alemarti
replies: 8 views: 363
ruffrecords 9 hours ago

Hi Forum, I have a quick question, does anyone know a way when turning the knobs from the Control 24 Avid Focusrite Mixer, to set...

lcan55
replies: 0 views: 106
lcan55 9 hours ago

is it just me or has this once decent entry-level mic been reduced to cheap junk? It used to feel heavier, more robust and it...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 2 views: 173
attaboy_jhb 10 hours ago

Would like to get opinions about 500 series stereo compressors. I am looking to purchase one for my rack. Currently have 1176,...

Bonsaimaster
replies: 1 views: 154
Friedrik83 11 hours ago

Anyone buy a set of active mixcubes and have remorse? I'm only 3 days in to my purchase and they are not what I expected. I...

m_gant
replies: 71 views: 3,679
kangking 13 hours ago

Anyone mixing through a Radial Space Heater? I get the impression Radial's status as makers of DI's has put this unit more off...

SEED78
replies: 8 views: 485
chinesewhiteman 13 hours ago

Hi Slutz I am contemplating between these 2 monitors, where I live I can't find any dealer that has them so I need your...

substance
replies: 23 views: 2,344
nick8801 14 hours ago

So I have sold off some synths that I got good money back from and that I don't use anymore. So the question is I want to...

Limit54
replies: 11 views: 416
antichef 15 hours ago

My buddy Santi -a super talented guy- was trying to push the VMS to see how close he could get it to his usual Manley...

JulianFernandez
replies: 4 views: 397
antichef 15 hours ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 1,417 views: 96,708
drBill 16 hours ago

I seem to be experiencing that. What to use with what? You could sit here all day trying to find that and not record a goddamn...

BarcelonaMusic
replies: 11 views: 523
lucasanything 16 hours ago

I have a pair of Klein & Hummel 096 speakers. They have a couple of controls to alter the sound: - Attenuation - Equalizer...

Svens
replies: 6 views: 3,588
syncussion 16 hours ago

My room is an 8ft cube, and untreated. It's really my wee home office, but I also play guitar and record in it. Until now,...

deejayen
replies: 6 views: 386
DougS 17 hours ago

in tape days +3 or +6 …..PLUS 3 OR 6 OVER WHAT ???? it started with 185 nwB/m but then people referred it to 250 without...

Sigma
replies: 0 views: 184
Sigma 17 hours ago

First, I'm posting this here because I'm looking for the opinion of those who use high end gear. I'm definitely going for high...

jackalope77
replies: 126 views: 9,033
Ardis 17 hours ago

looking for a "darker" vocal mic. i use for vocals michael joly hulk - very good, rode nt2a - mostly to bright and...

zinzin
replies: 293 views: 16,775
Ford Slinger 18 hours ago

A music store around me is selling an ENSONIQ ESQ-1, for $200. The same store had a VFX in stock before (i think it was only for...

Extenzo
replies: 41 views: 6,505
ericbridenbaker 19 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search