The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

At the start of the opening titles of Caddyshack, before Loggins comes blasting in with his hit single “I’m All Right,”...

Ed Driscoll
replies: 6 views: 358
mark1971 1 minute ago

Tony SanFilippo, aka Drumsound has an opinion piece in the new "Tape Op" entitled "Think Like Tape." Clear...

Brent Hahn
replies: 97 views: 2,613
Drumsound 11 minutes ago

Dear friends, I have recently bought ART voice channel. The manual clearly states that the GAIN knob should control both...

Poki
replies: 6 views: 168
Bushman 29 minutes ago

Sorry if this is not posted in the correct forum. I only noticed this issue when I was converting an old mono file to...

stixstudios
replies: 8 views: 139
RogerFoote 48 minutes ago

I miss the sound of an old KM84 i was using before at a studio, they are not easy to find and kind of expensive if I want a pair...

laperlestudio
replies: 111 views: 11,245
YRLK 50 minutes ago

I currently have a modest home set up, completely ITB, using a focusrite clarett 8prex as my I/o. I have some outboard gear, a...

Stewarjm192
replies: 0 views: 45
Stewarjm192 1 hour ago

I made a mistake a couple of weeks ago. I bought a auratone 5C and a QSC GX3 Power Amplifier. I needed something quick. Not even...

henryrobinett
replies: 12 views: 456
O.F.F. 1 hour ago

Anyone have any experience with the Earthworks DM20? I am looking at stepping up my Tom game. I have CAD M179's, MD421's and...

aortizjr
replies: 2 views: 852
Funkdaddy Ken 1 hour ago

Hey guys, So everything I’ve read of the DBX 160a is that it’s sort of a Swiss Army knife.....as long as your GR is small,...

Stewarjm192
replies: 3 views: 234
bowzin 2 hours ago

Hey Guys, I currently have on Demo the Shadow Hills Dual Vandergraph and love what it does to smooth out the upper mids/tops...

buddyboy
replies: 7 views: 370
buddyboy 2 hours ago

Hi Folks I'm looking to invest in a digital mixer and have this burning question concerning the Yamaha 01v96i. I have read the...

simhaw
replies: 3 views: 96
Mesmerised 2 hours ago

I want to buy good and expensive (for me 1500 $ is expensive) monitors for mixing. I found a really bargain on some monitors...

EgorKambodja
replies: 5 views: 175
EgorKambodja 3 hours ago
replies: 1,476 views: 126,082
Jesse Mangum 3 hours ago

Hello everyone thought about posting here something I discovered some time ago for a friend who needed some help with Yamaha...

rofus
replies: 7 views: 1,121
rofus 3 hours ago

I know the 166A has 2 channels and some more controls than the 163X but are their circuits and compression characteristics...

John N
replies: 2 views: 1,163
huglife187 5 hours ago

I’m trying to figure out how the lead in royal Blood uses an Equalizer. To make his bass sound like a guitar, I hear he splits...

rocketship69
replies: 3 views: 244
tedmanzie 5 hours ago

You know a lot of us have probably fell victim to buying some clone gear already and with someone like me who can't afford to...

KristopherSheehy
replies: 104 views: 3,453
nosebleedaudio 5 hours ago

ok - so both Andrew Scheps and Michael Brauer seem to use loads of parallel compression on various sends, different busses etc.....

mutetourettes
replies: 45 views: 3,703
mattias78 6 hours ago

One thing I have not figured out yet is how the pros track and record their musicians. I've been searching in regard to my...

ty45
replies: 34 views: 1,341
kennybro 7 hours ago

Anyone have any thoughts or experience on using Digico for studio recordings? They make amazing live sound consoles but I would...

WeAreNotOkay
replies: 15 views: 522
deedeeyeah 7 hours ago

Hello, I want to ask some questions to all the experts of vintage recording sessions and techniques, mainy in the field of pop...

Chiozzo
replies: 88 views: 3,134
Samc 8 hours ago

Dear Gearslutz, users and visitors. In this thread you will find usefull information, tips and tricks, opinions from experienced...

akila
replies: 570 views: 194,853
cwbill 10 hours ago

Hey guys-- Has anyone ever used the "Rear bus" technique? It's my understanding that Andrew Scheps sends everything in...

R3KMUSIC
replies: 3 views: 1,134
ry_wal 10 hours ago

Dear clever people, What would be a "modern" substitute to the Sony DMX R100 console? I'm looking at the Midas...

AndreasCW
replies: 1 views: 596
Charlie-O 10 hours ago

I'm using a not overly impressive sampson servo and think it's time it got replaced by something better - was wondering what you...

Muso
replies: 36 views: 35,298
cwbill 11 hours ago

Hi folks, I've been floating around these forums for a while though and I thought it was time to get involved. Feel free to...

Light Grenade
replies: 16 views: 3,965
Stewix 12 hours ago

Hi, Some of you have might have heard that amirm and a few others over at ASR measure gear and post the reviews/teardowns:...

pozz
replies: 0 views: 148
pozz 13 hours ago

I recently got back into analog recording (Tascam 38 and 32). In the 90s I worked extensively on the Otati 90 tho all printing we...

Frankie Mumbles
replies: 39 views: 794
Frankie Mumbles 13 hours ago

Hi all, Lots of late-‘60s through the mid-‘70s stuff by The Who, such as “Pinball Wizard” and wide swatches of...

Ed Driscoll
replies: 12 views: 536
Ed Driscoll 13 hours ago

Hello guys. I have a problem in Mackie Big Knob Sometimes it stops working like a power outage and after a period starts to...

bibo
replies: 0 views: 117
bibo 14 hours ago

Has anyone worked on both of these who can share the similarities and differences about the the two?

shortyboyboy
replies: 4 views: 539
shortyboyboy 15 hours ago

I was looking to get one of these units and I was hoping somebody out there could give me some feedback on this pre-amp. Like...

NIGHT'SCHILD
replies: 63 views: 25,836
Funny Cat 15 hours ago

Any experience with either? Good, bad? Pelican is a bit outside of my price range. Only need 4u.

beethovenfan
replies: 0 views: 149
beethovenfan 16 hours ago

Hi I go OTB and need one overall comp . I will use the comp on pretty much everything (drums buss, bass , vokal, sax) for...

bass man
replies: 22 views: 26,054
monkeyxx 18 hours ago

Hi, I know this has been discussed A LOT!!!! But, I just purchased a yamaha pm1000 for around $1000.00 I was wondering if I...

replies: 249 views: 49,254
Transmutant 18 hours ago

i m looking for a reflection filter but i have no idea if this is the best solution for better records are they as good as being...

stagio
replies: 52 views: 2,416
chessparov2.0 18 hours ago
replies: 2 views: 249
VirusAndSpamBin 19 hours ago

I always loved the amazing production quality of Einstürzende Neubauten, especially the vocal sound on their contemporary...

The Listener
replies: 7 views: 388
The Listener 19 hours ago

Ok so I have been recording music for a while now with a very simple set up. All I have ever had was a Zoom R16 and Logic Pro X....

phonorat
replies: 2 views: 197
Amsoily 19 hours ago

Hi all, I just got the FabFilter Q which allows to easily just listen to a single band. It really helps me identify problem...

janalex
replies: 20 views: 788
Karloff70 19 hours ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 3,384 views: 259,192
askomiko 19 hours ago
replies: 7 views: 593
loaf 19 hours ago

Hello everyone ! I am looking for suggestion for "saturation" boxes or "color" boxes for my home setup. I...

WheelieR
replies: 159 views: 6,647
Disco1Disco2 21 hours ago

On Led Zeppelin 2 It sounds to me like the whole mix distorts - I love the character of the distortion. I know Eddie Kramer mixed...

LyonSketches
replies: 2 views: 273
64gtoboy 22 hours ago

Saw on Sweetwater, Telefunken’s “New” mics: TF29, TF39, TF47, TF51, etc. I got excited for a moment, but then I realized...

halcyo
replies: 17 views: 1,374
cabbo 23 hours ago

Hi GS! I'm looking for some suggestions of plugins that do a great job of creating a fake double tracked electric guitar part....

camacozie
replies: 15 views: 500
Brent Hahn 23 hours ago

EV RE10

Not sure if this mic qualifies as high end...if not..move it.. Anyone use the RE10? If so...what does it sound...

djui5
replies: 40 views: 20,610
gundula 23 hours ago

Hi Slutz! howdy Been following the forum since a while ago and this time decided to start my own thread. I've been invited...

willpyra
replies: 3 views: 303
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

Blue Bluebird mic circa 2010. After about 10 minutes of being plugged in and receiving phantom I am getting a huge sub low...

coreycoleman
replies: 8 views: 296
Murky Waters 1 day ago

From the technology podcast, Lew Later: https://m.imgur.com/jnDqMoZ It looks like a futuristic RE-20 with that grillhead...

MRausch
replies: 2 views: 201
MRausch 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search