The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

with convolution reverbs and an endless supply of quality IRs, decision making for us relative newbies without the benefit of a...

tyrebo
replies: 6 views: 352
Elmbeatz 3 minutes ago

I've been wondering for awhile why most of us prefer the sound of analog gear generally speaking. Yes, I know digital has come a...

Gears
replies: 419 views: 8,597
joeq 3 minutes ago

Dear fellow Gearslutz, For years we as a Audio people have been debating topics like : - Does recording in High Sample Rates...

Mannymac
replies: 470 views: 13,604
FabienTDR 26 minutes ago

My budget is $1000 to $2000. Could someone please recommend a suitable microphone ? I sing folk/country/blues. Joni Mitchell...

Fiona Goodwin
replies: 2 views: 155
chessparov2.0 37 minutes ago

I've recently added an Equinox to my setup and I'm trying to find where to purchase replacements for the lights that live on...

captainmarko
replies: 1 views: 348
seawell 45 minutes ago

Hello fellow slutz, Which eq in your humble opinion would be good for my mix bus to be used in line with an SSL comp, a Manley...

sourcefor
replies: 39 views: 1,608
Bushman 51 minutes ago

Hi- I mostly do custom broadcast commercials and audio for videos etc. My project studio is relatively quiet and by using mics...

bhp2000
replies: 22 views: 434
bhp2000 1 hour ago

Hey! I made video last week trying out some different room configurations in our studio. I'm think and hope there's some...

uffetuff
replies: 10 views: 458
VitaEtMusica 1 hour ago

$735 for a well made u47 inspired mic sounds really good, am interested in their 251 too! Any users here?? Advanced Audio...

SEED78
replies: 114 views: 17,465
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 2,118 views: 139,392
b0se 1 hour ago

I've got a $10k that I'd like to put into recording gear for home. I've already got all the guitar gear I'll ever need, as well...

smitty.west
replies: 9 views: 329
[email protected] 2 hours ago

Hi, Bought these lovely Focal Shape 50 monitors about a year ago and I like them a lot. Yesterday I suddenly noticed that the...

J4R10
replies: 3 views: 307
wrgkmc 2 hours ago

Seems like this bundle is modelled from API 550 and 2500 anyone using it? Have you done a shootout with a real API? How do you...

Limit54
replies: 6 views: 404
brockorama 2 hours ago

Hi all, Obviously I am not the only one who is using old Soundcraft desks, and since Soundcraft does not stock parts from the...

livingloud
replies: 23 views: 1,264
cheu78 3 hours ago

I want to use my Shure KSM8 dynamic mic with a preamp that only has a TS jack and I'm trying to find out the proper way to make...

rschlierbeck
replies: 14 views: 401
rschlierbeck 3 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 3,802 views: 799,426
chet.d 4 hours ago

Ok, so I've been using my Venice F32 for a few weeks now and I thought it could be useful to create a thread about some tips...

lozion
replies: 125 views: 13,394
lozion 4 hours ago

Hi all, I just got WEM guild custom copicat. I'm in Canada so i's a 120v North American model. Seem to work well except the...

Geerguy
replies: 0 views: 113
Geerguy 4 hours ago

I just bought almost every CD Elliot Scheiner has mixed in stereo since 1990 and can't get over how great the bass and kick...

eugtone
replies: 18 views: 753
bigbone 4 hours ago

Radial Engineering at NAMM 2018 - first look at upcoming products Radial Engineering Ltd. is showing their latest problem...

The Press Desk
replies: 14 views: 3,234
charlienyc 4 hours ago

Hi all, Some time after selling my precious Millennia and D.A.V. preamps and quiting audio work. I bought myself Fredenstein...

OldNick
replies: 3 views: 321
MMXD 4 hours ago

I just wanted to know what is the mic used in the Youtube show called COLORS. YouTube Or search Mahalia - Sober...

JamesKamron
replies: 1 views: 303
pilamon 5 hours ago

Hi Guys, I record with protools HD (native) and I have 16 channels of various preamps to get the signal into the box via a...

chrisaiken
replies: 4 views: 261
chrisaiken 6 hours ago

Hi everyone! I have a Tascam 388 wich took me a long time to have it fully working. Here in Argentina it is like something very...

fran907
replies: 4 views: 329
graphicnomad 7 hours ago

I recently picked up a DP/2 that is in need of some TLC , looks like some SMD components fried due to a faulty power supply. I am...

CathodeRay
replies: 0 views: 136
CathodeRay 8 hours ago

I did a quick snippet to compare these two since I have them both for a weekend. guitar and vocal through a Great River MP-2 into...

michael cleary
replies: 61 views: 15,210
Shannon Adkins 8 hours ago

Hi everyone, I was wondering why some condenser microphones with a (more or less) cylindrical mesh grille, most notably the...

spambot_2
replies: 0 views: 182
spambot_2 9 hours ago

Hey guys, I have the chance to get a 747 half the price, so I started studying the case: what I've found - especially here on GS...

Friedrik83
replies: 15 views: 430
e-are 9 hours ago

Hi Guys! I want some advice on microphones. I am getting the Neve 1073 pre amp along with a UA 1176 or Tube Tech compressor and...

Simonwhitelock
replies: 152 views: 4,478
payoyo 11 hours ago

I have been looking quite extensivly at the feature set and layout of the AMS-Neve genesys black and I must say I am totally...

ARIEL
replies: 3 views: 402
Wiggy Neve Slut 11 hours ago

Hi Guys Thinking of getting a new vocal mic if budget permits. Aiming at few hundred dollar range. Mostly this will be for...

gradivus
replies: 17 views: 482
inasilentway 13 hours ago

My fairly new Nicerizer is putting out noise on the headphone output and the rear outputs. This is with no inputs connected to...

Left Headphone
replies: 4 views: 381
Hecker 13 hours ago

Hi ,I want to buy my first studio monitors. I search for some time and I came with this monitors: JBL LSR 305 Yamaha HS5 RCF Ayra...

Drater
replies: 0 views: 207
Drater 13 hours ago

It's always been my dream to have a 1" 8-track 300 series Ampex. Recently been thinking about it more. Obviously, 8 track...

jdurango
replies: 5 views: 336
Zep Dude 14 hours ago

Looks like manley has a new mic....looks dope https://youtu.be/KMWpOusZzk4

djkazzanova
replies: 2 views: 1,815
MSR74 15 hours ago
replies: - views: -
bigsol91 17 hours ago

I use my SSL X Rack in Cubase by using the insert plug in. This work by going out a particular output of my converters into my...

Jason rocks
replies: 9 views: 801
psycho_monkey 17 hours ago

confoosed remember with the plugin you can have a bunch of them on as many tracks as you want

mikeyman
replies: 5 views: 549
kangking 17 hours ago

I really dig the Elliot Smith albums Rob Schnapf did with Tom Rothrock. I also really like the sound of the first Foo record,...

max cooper
replies: 2,241 views: 275,188
Renfield74 18 hours ago

Hi Gearslutz Im looking on for some advice on this please from people who have experience with working with guitars, this is my...

Chris-m
replies: 4 views: 434
Brent Hahn 19 hours ago

Hi, Just found this website. Never heard of this company but the clones look...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 23 views: 2,432
tengu 19 hours ago

anybody use a Seck 1282 or 1882 mixer? how do those compare to mixers of today, ie mackies and all that? Opinions sought...

efex
replies: 16 views: 13,455
PaulJr 19 hours ago

Hi guys! I'm looking to get a drum machine, but anytime I look for one online they all seem focused on hip hop, but am having...

penguin_zombies
replies: 35 views: 6,229
AJBoozera 20 hours ago

Calling out 'round the world to... Folks like like Bob Ohlsson/Mike Tarsia/Bobby Eli/Bushman, et al, to chime on. Also welcome...

chessparov2.0
replies: 553 views: 16,661
Bushman 21 hours ago

I'm getting a great sound out of my ssl x-desk, but it's overloading when printing back into logic. If i turn the master down on...

Lamik
replies: 0 views: 271
Lamik 21 hours ago

What is the difference?

showtechm
replies: 3 views: 197
Synth Guru 22 hours ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,448 views: 106,661
PatrickFaith 22 hours ago

Anyone used the Schoeps cmc54 body? They are sold with a new mk 4 capsule for about 1000 euros. so if you get a stereo set...

balas
replies: 2 views: 279
balas 23 hours ago

Hi, the previous thread seems to be closed for no apparent reason but there's some useful progress for people who own this desk....

Psythe
replies: 1,155 views: 156,935
Rtroost 23 hours ago

So one day I put up this strange looking ray gun in front of the kit. Mainly to show off for the band as I had never heard it or...

xlon
replies: 1 views: 282
bowzin 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search