The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This fledgling Ukrainian company seems interesting. Makes various tube stuff, pedals to hi-fi amps. His first "studio"...

Mr Funk
replies: 159 views: 7,950
Mr Funk 1 minute ago

I have found that if I play and sing a song without a click, and then track overdubs afterward, it sounds a little sloppy but...

Yummerz
replies: 810 views: 14,912
chrisso 40 minutes ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 1,565 views: 106,673
sergioelectro 42 minutes ago

Im looking for a vocal mic, around $1600 that is going to be more forgiving of a sharp upper-mid-smack, but still retains a...

Carabinerx
replies: 3 views: 110
andychamp 48 minutes ago

S*** just got real. Real affordable. From their FB page: Introducing the WA73 Family by Warm Audio. • 1073-style British...

ali3la3la
replies: 487 views: 60,694
ProgFree 48 minutes ago

I produce sample driven 90's style hiphop. Currently got a WA76 and a Distressor (for drums & bass) & SSL style...

blinkybill86
replies: 15 views: 656
BIG BUDDHA 1 hour ago

Hey guys just wondering if there is another brand of great mic cables I can buy on ebay and save some money. Mogami is very...

audioman
replies: 20 views: 715
BIG BUDDHA 1 hour ago

Just bought a new pair and, I'm starting to get into these mics, Am enjoying the way they sound. What are your go to moments with...

6_Three
replies: 6 views: 159
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

Hi I am currently refurbishing a DDA AMR24 console and am after any spare parts that anyone might have lying around?...

psb_87
replies: 27 views: 696
BIG BUDDHA 1 hour ago

I need opinions on which unit would be better on rap vocals. Dbx 160A or Warm Audio's wa76? Chain : GT Md1b > Id22 >...

TheRealMacVibez
replies: 12 views: 284
BIG BUDDHA 1 hour ago

Hi all, I'm hoping for some good advice from anyone willing. I have an opportunity to buy some brand new AKG C414 mics and I...

sbfd557
replies: 8 views: 209
antstudio 1 hour ago

Hey all! I got a used Avedis MA5 in the other week. I'm using it in a new Fredenstein Bento 10S. I love it, and it sounds...

Kroc
replies: 6 views: 150
Kroc 2 hours ago

Topic question says it all. I am considering purchasing a RedNet 4Pre and using Dante VSC, but my comp is duo core and not the...

foamboy
replies: 2 views: 62
foamboy 2 hours ago

Ordered a VMS in November had to wait over a Month for delivery finally got it at the end of December just finished the studio...

paweaz
replies: 31 views: 1,056
Pale Pyramid 2 hours ago

Has anyone ever dealt with Calistro Music? How are they?

DSSoundware
replies: 114 views: 14,452
Drumhead1957 2 hours ago

So I bought some PST7 "light" cymbals - HH and Ride and they are dark sounding. Silly me assumed that a light cymbal...

MoltenVoltage
replies: 15 views: 398
formula428 3 hours ago

Please forgive a little gear excitement shouting as i just received my new BAE 1073d and lunchbox along with a Neve 8816 summing...

Indian Hills
replies: 0 views: 67
Indian Hills 3 hours ago

Redirect Notice Looking for any opinions on this mixer.. anyone used one? I can only find info on the 3000 models which looks...

lobit
replies: 2 views: 2,934
kinjack 5 hours ago

I saw this video and but it did not really explain how two mics were run into the 517 and recorded as one...

Ox Han
replies: 5 views: 181
Ox Han 5 hours ago

Just now seeing these available on Sweetwater. Almost seems too good to be true to have a legitimate 3-way design with that kind...

JonnBoy
replies: 91 views: 17,175
Black Seal 5 hours ago

Hi all! So, I know there are a lot of mic shoot-out threads in this forum, but here's my spin: I'm preparing to record an...

Kroc
replies: 78 views: 2,683
bcgood 6 hours ago

Are these too much speaker for an 11.5 ft by 11 ft room? Working on the treatment now. Getting everything hung up on the...

jazzmik2000
replies: 3 views: 235
jazzmik2000 6 hours ago

Hi! Looking for a SSL-like bus compressor. any suggestions? I LOVE the original SSL BC but it's a bit pricey........

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 133 views: 13,286
Twenty Staxx 6 hours ago

Hi guys, Back to the roots! I take a lot of fun with listening in my car the early albums of Prince & was wondering if due...

arnoldorodeo
replies: 2 views: 310
TheBrightSide 7 hours ago

This is not a real review but some quick observations so I decided to post it here. I tested the Telefunken M80 an M81...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 0 views: 117
Glenn Bucci 7 hours ago

I made a patchbay label strip template in Apple Numbers that I thought I'd share with my fellow slutz. It's pretty simple to...

bs44
replies: 13 views: 2,401
bs44 7 hours ago
replies: - views: -
3rd Degree 7 hours ago

I am new to using an interface as I primarily work with samples or record one track direct line in to my Laptop, to LogicProX,...

tyrebo
replies: 0 views: 72
tyrebo 7 hours ago

Calling out 'round the world to... Folks like like Bob Ohlsson/Mike Tarsia/Bobby Eli/Bushman, et al, to chime on. Also welcome...

chessparov2.0
replies: 201 views: 6,040
chessparov2.0 7 hours ago

I have a strange hum in my recordings. A round hump between 10-100hz. It appears when I attach a preamp to my interface. I have...

Aktuba
replies: 38 views: 500
Schoeller 8 hours ago

I mean, does a module by ABC fit a rack by XYZ, are the holes always where they are supposed to be and not 2 millimetres...

razorboy
replies: 8 views: 323
Schoeller 8 hours ago

Have been interested in this one and the first demo has been published by Warren. The idea of having a 1073 plus a 1176 in the...

ProgFree
replies: 21 views: 1,105
asylumatik 9 hours ago

So, if you're using an amp sim vst (Amplitube, guitar rig, etc etc) and you turn off the cabinet/mic/room emulation, so you are...

LetzterGeist
replies: 5 views: 265
Randyman... 10 hours ago

So I currently own a pair of ATH-M50's, I've owned them for years and years and they've served me well. But recently I got an...

GaretEliot
replies: 11 views: 416
facej 11 hours ago

Hi, all, I own a Warm Audio TB12. It's great! I love the x731 opamp (the API styled one), and while I do love the x18 opamp...

Scorchedwave
replies: 8 views: 597
dickiefunk 11 hours ago

So recently picked up a Lindell Audio 506 500-series rack (solid product btw kfhkh) and was getting ready to take up the first...

LetzterGeist
replies: 20 views: 12,326
LetzterGeist 11 hours ago

I buried this question in the bottom of a reply, in the bottom of a more general comparison thread...so maybe better luck on it's...

DefaultIT
replies: 5 views: 767
GregkoNYC 12 hours ago

Hello :) I have this hybrid recording setup: 8 external preamps, 24 channels of adda conversion (3 rme adi 8, via adat...

Logima
replies: 19 views: 483
Logima 12 hours ago

For your Songs that have vocals, I have two Piano Track questions: 1) Is your Piano Track Stereo or Mono? 2) Where do you Pan...

jerrydpi
replies: 33 views: 661
joeq 12 hours ago
replies: - views: -
franck77 12 hours ago

The break down at 1:06 main guitar riff. I got pretty close, but wondering if anyone has ideas or knowledge on how they got this...

Robby in WA
replies: 5 views: 318
rubberband 13 hours ago

Mods, feel free to move this if it belongs in a different sub-forum. I'm engineering a podcast that has been around for about...

nightchef
replies: 4 views: 241
Brent Hahn 13 hours ago

Does anyone have any ideas of how this was produced? With the methods.etc I have a vague idea. A lot of elements sounds...

vintagetones
replies: 0 views: 131
vintagetones 13 hours ago

I somewhat started in the music production era of 2001. I started with just a pc, a DAW and some plugs. I eventually got myself a...

Sweck
replies: 77 views: 2,843
John Willett 13 hours ago

In their advertising campaign it says "already used on countless hits" but it doesn't name the songs. Does anyone know...

vintagetones
replies: 0 views: 138
vintagetones 14 hours ago

Hi there, One of the things I've always liked about his solo records is how well the vocals sit. Sometimes they're on the...

riquier
replies: 9 views: 693
toolskid 14 hours ago

Hi, i want to replace my TLM102 with the best quality ldc. Do I replace with AKG c414 XLS or Gefell UMT70s? I already have one...

Pgghione
replies: 36 views: 907
deedeeyeah 14 hours ago

Hi all. Building a 47 fet, and wanted to know, anyone know where one can find the body in the vein of the original 47fet or the...

Jetblack
replies: 0 views: 151
Jetblack 14 hours ago

Hey folks I acquired this board recently and I'm wondering if anyone has ANY info on it? The only small bit Ive been able to...

turbocharbo
replies: 1 views: 172
the fxs 15 hours ago

Hey i see there are a few posts under this subject all ready but jut wondering if any one has a template for this particular...

irishjoe
replies: 5 views: 4,979
Fairlightcmi 17 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search