The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 108 views: 12,303
vernier 2 days ago

I'm looking at getting a Midas Verona 400, but I'm confused about how I'd connect my studio setup. I've read the manual, but...

jgstarcaster
replies: 10 views: 352
jgstarcaster 4 minutes ago

Hey! We lost our Dynacord Echocord Super S65 power cable and I am unable to find out what type of connector I need. It doesn't...

Chrissalberts
replies: 1 views: 42
Chrissalberts 18 minutes ago

As I continue to record in garage convert/project studio (which was sound isolated and treated with GIK stuff on inside) and grow...

mechr0n01
replies: 10 views: 292
spambot_2 20 minutes ago

Seems like the gap is getting wider and wider all the time between the “1%,” the artists with major-label backing and radio...

Brent Hahn
replies: 357 views: 8,828
psycho_monkey 21 minutes ago

What do you think is the best engineered tune. One of my favorites is this...

Telemander
replies: 160 views: 7,036
paulocau 23 minutes ago

I tried searching, and just browsing through endless pages but can't find much. I read recently a story by some guy having...

N1Greg
replies: 1 views: 69
thenoodle 39 minutes ago

I am currently looking to upgrade my studio console from a Mackie 32x8x2,(yeah,... I know), to either a Soundtracs Jade(asking...

Roll Tape
replies: 2 views: 167
Roll Tape 49 minutes ago

Wondering if anyone has any opinions on these desks? Venice gets talked about a lot but Verona not so much. I read a comment...

morebutter
replies: 21 views: 4,606
jgstarcaster 50 minutes ago

Hey guys, I’m in the process of finishing up vocals for my first EP. I’ve recorded everything using an AT4050 condenser,...

willmarshall
replies: 13 views: 661
cheu78 2 hours ago

I currently own a distressor and I am wondering if I should get a wa-76. Is it really that good? I don't like buying equipment...

nomekop2000
replies: 2 views: 237
thismercifulfate 2 hours ago

Hi guys. Not a new topic obviously but wanted to start a conversation on using hardware pultecs into a compressor on the 2 bus.....

Morgueritual
replies: 26 views: 1,129
Wiggy Neve Slut 2 hours ago

I'm going to a nearby studio in a few weeks with a local group. They all want to record together. I know that they should have...

Lynii
replies: 51 views: 1,125
deedeeyeah 2 hours ago

What's a good way of adding inputs/outputs for an outboard stereo "glue" compressor (SSL)? If it's too expensive, I...

goom
replies: 0 views: 110
goom 2 hours ago

Reading around on here, there are some mics where once you've got them, you'll keep them forever. So, I thought we could put the...

chris661
replies: 75 views: 3,941
Dohreetoh 4 hours ago

Thoughts for the coming year? Thanks, Chris

chessparov2.0
replies: 3 views: 459
Lance Lawson 4 hours ago

I am in the market for a versatile microphone in the sub $700 range. I'll be mostly recording acoustic guitar, xylophone, and...

frenchji
replies: 24 views: 932
pqu4d 5 hours ago

Is there any reason why there hasn’t been a gear shootout, comparison on the Stam 1073 and a Bae, or a Neve ? I’ve seen the...

Derek Reese
replies: 47 views: 9,651
nomekop2000 5 hours ago

Sooo... Mr. Internet knows next to nothing about her aside from this pic of the yet-to-be-released next month's copy of SOS mag....

mp3
replies: 1,201 views: 140,667
ucanhatemenow 6 hours ago

Just wondering. Every time I try it out (I've tried it on pretty much everything) I end up using something else. Perhaps...

JL1000
replies: 76 views: 2,916
Rec_Eng 6 hours ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 2,685 views: 272,927
ripripstabstab 7 hours ago

I'm currently looking at the Akai M-8 reel to reel. I don't want to record directly on to tape. I just want to send already...

piratejazz
replies: 18 views: 301
proxy 8 hours ago

Has anyone tried using the Drawmer 1978 on the 2 bus? If so, what is your experience with it. Like it or no and why?

Rockinrob
replies: 34 views: 15,743
TheLastByte 9 hours ago

I was recommended by a fellow GS member that the S3X-H's, while a little older in design, are absolutely incredible. These...

Shaggy2039
replies: 21 views: 1,130
Shaggy2039 9 hours ago

I've pretty much narrowed down my monitor search to the Focal mid-price line (now Shape, formerly CMS). My question is, are...

nightchef
replies: 1 views: 422
The Tenant 9 hours ago

Is anybody able to achieve a balanced, warm, full etc etc sound without using tape, or any tape plug ins or tape emulation...

Rob Coates
replies: 3 views: 406
Dr. Mordo 11 hours ago

Hi, i already have 2 pair of the Fluid Audio FX8 for quite some time already, as it is right now, they are standing on desks....

DWAK
replies: 1 views: 286
knightfal 11 hours ago

Hey guys, I am about t o get my first lunchbox, finally, and got a 10 spaces which I am in the process for filling with mostly...

pippismo
replies: 15 views: 1,503
votive 12 hours ago

Dear Gearslutz members is anyone heard the new Rcf Ayra PRO studio monitors? I used older one about 5 years, they are...

Fings
replies: 1 views: 293
Fings 12 hours ago

Lately I struggled with a really annoying problem when I'd been mixing down to digital from my analog console and tape machine....

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 0 views: 338
WarmJetGuitar 13 hours ago

The dude who's brave/suicidal enough to try and make a living from an analog studio is back... my apologies. It would have gone...

WarmJetGuitar
replies: 13 views: 449
WarmJetGuitar 13 hours ago

I own a few not too expensive condenser mic's and a few not so expensive dynamics and ribbons (3u audio MKVID, Oktava, ISK, 545's...

ZeusFaber
replies: 1 views: 447
Wayne 13 hours ago

When I record myself (I'm singing and playing the acoustic guitar) with two cardioid mics at the same time I ALWAYS get phasing...

erictries2record
replies: 344 views: 12,675
antstudio 14 hours ago

Dear Gearslutz Community, I'm looking for the best minimal setup for editing right now - aka headphones. I am working on a...

Grandweirdo
replies: 1 views: 242
Hans Island 14 hours ago

Hello, I have microphone Sennheiser MD421-HL, The microphone has a 3 DIN male input, I have a short special XLR cable / adapter. ...

Foretaste
replies: 5 views: 253
Foretaste 14 hours ago

OK, giving away some things I didn't need yesterday was fun, and I even made a couple new friends in the process. There's a...

RawBeanZen
replies: 44,444 views: 2,534,038
The Phoenix 14 hours ago
replies: 1,696 views: 143,624
rob S 15 hours ago

Hi, my fellow Gearslutz, as we all probably know, Behrinher is teasing for some time its new, "most amazing" etc....

Leveuho
replies: 93 views: 15,839
lonzob 15 hours ago

I've had both of these mics for a little while now and have been trying them on anything and everything I can, and because it's...

Samc
replies: 146 views: 14,396
Earcatcher 15 hours ago

Mods feel free to move if there's somewhere more suitable, I looked but the question didn't seem to fit anywhere...

Subverter
replies: 11 views: 505
Farmboy presents 16 hours ago

Just did a big shootout on overhead mics. Tried m49, u47, u67, u87, c12, 414. The C12 was by far my favorite. Was probably...

Diegel
replies: 108 views: 10,025
drBill 17 hours ago

I recently experienced something wierd. I have had my Focusrite scarlen 6i6 gen 1 for several years thinking that it is an...

pointblaster
replies: 2 views: 510
pointblaster 17 hours ago

I’d like to introduce this thread by a review of to classic reggae albums that are on my point of view also two of the best...

David1085
replies: 404 views: 55,528
drewbonez 17 hours ago

Hi guys, I really spent all afternoon searching for an answer to this Q. No luck, so now I try to post. I have an Echolette D12...

mikkelkiilerich
replies: 9 views: 1,700
La Conserve 18 hours ago

I'm looking for what's considered a step up from u87's, for overheads on rock/metal drums. I have 414uls, u87's and UMT 70's so,...

6_Three
replies: 29 views: 1,868
crille_mannen 18 hours ago

Hi All, I picked up an AKG D19C and AKG D12 today in absolute mint condition for 200 euro's each. They look as if they have...

La Conserve
replies: 9 views: 313
La Conserve 18 hours ago

Hi, Sometimes I just quickly sit at my desk and start jamming with my synths. They are fed to my PC via indivisual channels of...

polynasia
replies: 0 views: 295
polynasia 18 hours ago

Hi all, I'm just putting this info for those that may want to use Midas Verona direct output on the mono channel for multi-track...

Anthony1
replies: 4 views: 2,514
jgstarcaster 19 hours ago

any ideas? looking for a smooth distortion i can really dial in. something budget friendly of course. thanks!

robotchicken
replies: 131 views: 6,974
Rob Coates 19 hours ago

Here’s ours... (hope it doesn’t push our electric bill up too much).

[email protected]
replies: 4 views: 440
[email protected] 19 hours ago

In the summer of 1993, I recorded an album on a 1", 24-track tape machine. I never mixed or released the album. I was in...

mahler007
replies: 41 views: 1,191
mahler007 21 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search