The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

You know besides the general thin sound. Was it because hifi systems of the time had a built in boosted low frequency curve?...

Darius1
replies: 153 views: 4,831
Traintrack 18 minutes ago

I wasn't around at the time but I've seen a lot of photos of studios in the eighties and nineties, they had outboard gear but was...

Darius1
replies: 6 views: 214
joeq 22 minutes ago

Hello, Had a chance to test out some interfaces this week. 1. Symphony MKii 8x8 2. Lynx Hilo 3. Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 1st...

jumbopolish
replies: 59 views: 3,100
joeq 50 minutes ago

Hello, I have an audio accessories db25 patchbay hooked up with my outboard gear, and whenever I patch two consecutive pieces...

ericsvizeny
replies: 3 views: 297
ericsvizeny 1 hour ago

Hello everyone, I was looking for a mic preamp to add a different color to my small home set up. I am recording on a MacBook...

dreckdirect
replies: 307 views: 13,449
joeq 1 hour ago

Hi, I'm a VO artist, and just wondered if any other VOs/producers/engineers have any experience with the Neve 88RLB 500 series...

RichC
replies: 3 views: 374
VOMike 1 hour ago

OK so I keep hearing about all the gorgeous iconic tube mics to die for. What about FET's? For example I have an Oktava 319 and...

Ardis
replies: 6 views: 438
nnajar 1 hour ago

I've seen this question been asked previously and answered for the person's setup, but none of the solutions I have seen have...

St. Augustine
replies: 3 views: 118
St. Augustine 2 hours ago

I've used EZ drummer for a while and bounced it from computer to computer..my licensing is gonna run out if I bounce it...

Pchicago
replies: 2 views: 100
Pchicago 2 hours ago

Im trying to find some latest mixes of JJP, I cant find mixes done past 2014. Where I can find his latest mixing work?

GoofyCamel
replies: 2 views: 100
GoofyCamel 2 hours ago

Was watching a video on YouTube yesterday of Sylvia Massy doing a Q&A and during one of the answers she made the comment that...

drpeacock
replies: 194 views: 4,774
SEED78 2 hours ago

Does anyone of your aficionados know anything about the Chicago Standard Transformer Corp / Stancor Part No H10 transformer? The...

Coincidence
replies: 7 views: 293
deedeeyeah 2 hours ago

I've been trying to research this Tape deck, but I haven't had much luck on google or searching through the forums. I have an...

drumnbimmer
replies: 37 views: 19,773
lozion 2 hours ago

Well they have been out a while now I know there were issues at first. Have they worked these out. Are they good bad just using...

boomer81
replies: 0 views: 56
boomer81 3 hours ago

Is there any company that makes professional spring reverbs as good as the higher end akg springs? For example, the BDX25e is the...

unfiltered420
replies: 7 views: 2,453
the fxs 3 hours ago

Classic British Channel - for Chroma & DIYRE Colour ROYAL BLUE brings classic British console sound to the Colour format....

nd33
replies: 7 views: 371
drBill 3 hours ago

Hey guys, Didn't really want to put this in the classifieds section as its more about where to look, so I really hope this is...

steveyraff
replies: 0 views: 55
steveyraff 3 hours ago

Hello! I'm looking to buy a Binaural head, I see old AKG H99 Harry on the Market, 3Dio, Binaural Enthusiast B1-E Dummy, T.H.E...

laperlestudio
replies: 4 views: 335
laperlestudio 3 hours ago

If anybody knows who recorded these drums, and anything about the process, by all means speak up. I love the big Bonham drum...

NEWTON IN ORBIT
replies: 1 views: 131
monkeyxx 3 hours ago

hey i wanna use an 8 channel converster to feed my hardware fx directly from the daw, so the sound quality doesnt have to be...

mr. harrison
replies: 6 views: 308
monkeyxx 4 hours ago

So, I read a lot about these guys here GS. Looks like most people were digging them aside from the fact that they were...

Inca
replies: 154 views: 11,395
paraudio 4 hours ago

Anyone out there using one of these? I'm intrigued by it but haven't heard too much of a buzz.

honeypiestudios
replies: 82 views: 12,815
ShadowAMD 4 hours ago

Okay I need a good quality mic for guitar, vocals. Preferably one as good as Steve Reich - Electric Counterpoint. Is there a good...

Jimster40
replies: 10 views: 591
DougS 4 hours ago

After much debate I've decided to diy a ribbon mic from scratch using a pre-made motor and transformer. Ive decided not to...

MistressStudio
replies: 67 views: 2,389
MistressStudio 4 hours ago

Has anyone heard of Ross Martin Audio. He has a 2 channel ad converter for $200, and a 2 channel Da converter for $300. Using...

The Convicted
replies: 379 views: 70,824
Tui 5 hours ago

What outboard could complement Tegeler Audio Creme? The Creme has SSL 4000 G Bus -style compressor and a Pulteq style EQ. In...

soundmodel
replies: 1 views: 94
soundmodel 5 hours ago

Does anyone know of any? There's all this gear that is either designed to be vintage gear or emulate vintage gear, but I don't...

hhamilton
replies: 458 views: 21,625
donsolo 5 hours ago

Looking for some advice. Current set up is Mackie 1640i, MPC 2500, MI Shruti XT, TT-303 Bassbot. I want a keyboard to play notes...

StringerUK
replies: 3 views: 143
GregkoNYC 6 hours ago

I've been doing some pre-purchase searches regarding the LA2A vs LA 610's compressor. All I've found so far is the differences...

Wayne
replies: 11 views: 469
inasilentway 6 hours ago

I have a pair and they are amazing, but I’ll get to details of my ear opening experience after some gear sluttyness. The...

JosephC
replies: 70 views: 3,765
BradM 7 hours ago

Hey all- I apologize if this is not the right forum for this question! I think this is an issue that all of us beat-makers...

otisvillain
replies: 0 views: 103
otisvillain 7 hours ago

Hi everyone i have a 1000 euros to spend on gear. Currently i have an akg c414xls and a scarlet 2i2. My pc is strong, i...

endiendi
replies: 7 views: 373
endiendi 7 hours ago

so I'm talking about items that have that unidentifiable 'quality' thing going on... I don't just mean "if money were no...

mutetourettes
replies: 45 views: 1,275
Stu Pete 8 hours ago

I've been using Valhalla shimmer for about 3 years now and recently purchased a boss rv-500(which is amazing btw)and can't...

damoog
replies: 10 views: 647
seancostello 8 hours ago

I am asking this question because I've already bought two used pairs of these monitors and all four speakers sound heavily...

bermudaben
replies: 0 views: 89
bermudaben 8 hours ago

I spent a lot of time listening to many different types of pre's and I concluded I like the Portico pre the best for several...

Glenn Bucci
replies: 11 views: 662
Oldone 8 hours ago

Hey all. I've been wanting to get a mixing "console" in the studio, mainly for the clients, as silly as that sounds....

jakenolan
replies: 21 views: 407
cavern 8 hours ago

Hello everyone , I just bought a sub to add to my genelec 8030a , a presonus temblor t10 ( iknow it's not a genelec but my...

igorigy
replies: 8 views: 140
heraldo_jones 9 hours ago

Anyone mixing through a Radial Space Heater? I get the impression Radial's status as makers of DI's has put this unit more off...

SEED78
replies: 7 views: 408
SEED78 9 hours ago

I found out the hard way more than once that it can be disaster putting a large heavy mic on the typical flimsy mic stand. The...

Rob Coates
replies: 6 views: 455
Lenzo 10 hours ago

HI Gearslutz Does anybody know of any reliable techs that can repair TL Audio gear based in the london UK area? Tim at...

gayjay
replies: 5 views: 486
gayjay 10 hours ago

I am looking for a DI box to use with Apogee Duet 2 to record bass and guitar (US Standard Precision and Strat). I wonder...

dc_r
replies: 7 views: 387
foldback 10 hours ago

Does anyone find the sennheiser HD650s a little dull? Or is it just that they are honest and not hyped I sometimes hear...

mozart999uk
replies: 4 views: 187
Jantex 10 hours ago

This fledgling Ukrainian company seems interesting. Makes various tube stuff, pedals to hi-fi amps. His first "studio"...

Mr Funk
replies: 127 views: 6,003
Mr Funk 11 hours ago

the sennheiser mkh 416 seems to be a stantard for voice over, but i can't find any information if it could work nice for some...

huglife187
replies: 0 views: 112
huglife187 12 hours ago

Anyone had a chance to try the new A-Designs Hammer 2 HM2EQ? Have you compared to the original? Are the extra frequencies and...

musiquefreek
replies: 14 views: 2,529
SEED78 13 hours ago

S*** just got real. Real affordable. From their FB page: Introducing the WA73 Family by Warm Audio. • 1073-style British...

ali3la3la
replies: 240 views: 25,009
mervintthomas 13 hours ago

Hi everyone, I'm taking one of the most important decisione of my life: buying my first lunchbox for expanding my small...

Friedrik83
replies: 42 views: 1,748
mattias78 13 hours ago

Just a question regarding my Allen and Heath Saber mixing console. There are 4 monitor L&R outputs on the rear of the...

tjonau
replies: 2 views: 216
tjonau 14 hours ago

Hey guys! Brand new here as this is my first post, but I'm wondering what your opinions are on two mics I'm looking at in this...

newguy123
replies: 3 views: 381
Jantex 15 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search