The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Im trying to record on tape, but I don't have a grand lying around for a decent 8 track, so I acquired an old AKAI tape deck, it...

Nick Smalley
replies: 29 views: 803
whiteaxxxe 1 minute ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

replies: 1,946 views: 124,407
Boggo Myrtle 19 minutes ago

OK, after selling my PANASONIC RAMSA WR-DA7 over a year and a half ago... yesterday I just bought another one... I have some of...

pdiddy boy
replies: 55 views: 31,175
Patrick_ 29 minutes ago

Hi - New to the site and Need some help. Does anyone recognize this mic? Other than the front logo, I did not see a model number...

replies: 7 views: 468
Helium3 32 minutes ago

I was wondering if somebody could provide a list of mixing consoles that have compressors on each channel and or / on individual...

replies: 20 views: 1,084
bigsbyman 33 minutes ago

S*** just got real. Real affordable. From their FB page: Introducing the WA73 Family by Warm Audio. • 1073-style British...

replies: 1,076 views: 117,080
MoonMusic 45 minutes ago

A new WA76 just unpacked and turned on. The VU-lights are on, OK. Then I connected it to my interface MH ULN8 out: first via XLR...

replies: 8 views: 776
upchurchmusic 1 hour ago

Hey guys. has anybody used the new mackie big knob passive on your rigs? does it color the...

replies: 17 views: 5,500
Scoox 1 hour ago

does anyone have any recommendation for getting a microphone upside down? I currently use a rode nt 1000 and have had some issues...

replies: 16 views: 384
Brent Hahn 1 hour ago

I have found that if I play and sing a song without a click, and then track overdubs afterward, it sounds a little sloppy but...

replies: 1,517 views: 26,683
12tone 1 hour ago

I found a piece of gear overseas that interests me. It is a fair to good price, but I am concerned if it is legitimate or a scam...

replies: 5 views: 350
bambamboom 1 hour ago

I just picked up a used 319 from SA for $99. Did my due diligence and it appears to be a Russian made one from the ASM era. Got...

replies: 43 views: 3,839
64gtoboy 2 hours ago

I love these old EV mics, but the foam is almost always rotted in them. the top is easy to remove the foam, but does anyone know...

Tobias Funke
replies: 0 views: 55
Tobias Funke 2 hours ago

i've always wondered why ppl put the mic upside down for recording, esp vocal mic's? if it's about reducing reflection echoes...

replies: 62 views: 31,363
ayskura 2 hours ago

Ok recently I had a thought I shall try anytime soon. What about doing mix without using any plug ins whatsoever? Did anyone ever...

replies: 10 views: 453
ayskura 2 hours ago
replies: - views: -
nnajar 3 hours ago

Another thread mentioned this trick: Setting up a buss for an instrument or group, electric guitars in this example. Set up a...

John Suitcase
replies: 62 views: 22,767
ayskura 3 hours ago

I am having difficulty with my WRDA7, well more difficulty. So i've dropped the idea of using it as a controller and just use it...

replies: 0 views: 57
aurorasound 3 hours ago

We spent the afternoon doing a quick mix on a tune and then stemming out audio to 10 tracks and 4 tracks of effects to the...

James Lugo
replies: 214 views: 26,047
bambamboom 4 hours ago

Seems lazy going all one company but reviews are good. My main vocal mics are the sm7b and m149 I'm thinking about getting...

replies: 18 views: 659
dcwave 5 hours ago

Calling out 'round the world to... Folks like like Bob Ohlsson/Mike Tarsia/Bobby Eli/Bushman, et al, to chime on. Also welcome...

replies: 322 views: 10,264
monkeyxx 5 hours ago

EQP-KT | Equalizers | Signal Processors | Klarkteknik | Categories | MUSIC Group Price anyone?

replies: 813 views: 81,190
monkeyxx 5 hours ago

To buy a single non-bus, "do it all" OTB compressor, then what would it be? My idea being that since I already have a...

replies: 19 views: 578
mamm7215 6 hours ago

Hey everyone, I own a pair of MC930's and I've discovered the retention screw that holds the amplifier circuitry inside is...

replies: 0 views: 69
SG_OC 6 hours ago

so, anyone got these already ? They seem to be already available in some places. They're supposed to be the successors to the...

replies: 20 views: 1,016
aves 6 hours ago

Hey guys! So I finally had a chance to rack up my DBX 242 EQ now that I have finished building my new custom studio desk. I have...

replies: 0 views: 109
RecordRecord 7 hours ago

Are there any reasonable re-issues of 60s/70s drum mics or should I seek vintage mics? Particularly, I'm interested in...

replies: 63 views: 1,086
bangbang 7 hours ago

I use a pair of JBL LSR308 monitors as my main monitors currently. I like them but sometimes I wish I could get a little more...

The Mule
replies: 6 views: 242
The Mule 7 hours ago

So I was going to use a Peavey PV1500, but the thing sounds like a hairdryer even on the "low" fan setting and weighs...

Max Rossell
replies: 7 views: 193
thehightenor 7 hours ago

You know what I mean. We've all got 'em! Ok, I'll go first; Why does a graphic waveform have top and bottom shapes that aren't...

replies: 5,834 views: 584,702
Blackdog128 7 hours ago

I know this can be interpreted as very open-ended, so let me clarify and be more specific. I mixed all ITB for the last year...

replies: 838 views: 42,440
fuzulu 7 hours ago

Main reason for this thread is that I didn't found much about ESI uniK 08+ So i'm sure many are interested about how ESI uniK...

replies: 4 views: 264
Teoichi 8 hours ago

Got four 280’s for a steal, (what do you think a “deal” on one would be in 2018?) They’ll need power though since they...

jml designs
replies: 3 views: 240
TurboT 8 hours ago

I have just purchased a secondhand Yamaha DM2000-v2 non VCM digital console. It will arrive in a few days. I am curious what is...

replies: 2 views: 402
alex928gt 8 hours ago

A couple years ago I bought a used TLM103 (just to have another utility mic) off eBay. The seller was in Northern California I...

Patrick Norton
replies: 10 views: 501
joeq 8 hours ago

hello, i'm new here. really need your expert opinions for my dilemma .. i have Yamaha HS7 at my working home right now &...

replies: 3 views: 191
Midwood.Studio 9 hours ago

Neyrinck is working on a solution for these legacy controllers that is showing some promise. Would You Like Your Pro Control Or...

Brian Campbell
replies: 0 views: 112
Brian Campbell 9 hours ago

Hi, I'm in the market for a SSL sound (-like) 16ch summing mixer. Any suggestions besides the SSL Sigma and X-Rack? My max...

replies: 7 views: 811
Gertius 9 hours ago

Hi guys has anyone used both of these mics and if so, would you care to describe the differences in tone, sound? I plan on...

replies: 5 views: 443
Adeleo28 10 hours ago

I am about to make my first "virtual" microphone purchase and wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to compare the...

replies: 26 views: 3,336
Headbush 10 hours ago

Im looking to find a different place to set up all my studio gear outside the house. I was just wondering for those of you who...

replies: 3 views: 231
bowzin 10 hours ago

Hey everyone. Quick question for the Lindell 506 MKII users. The back of the rack has switches to feed the signal to adjacent...

replies: 0 views: 102
CrunkThanAMug 11 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

replies: 3,666 views: 783,663
Piedpiper 11 hours ago

I recently picked up an ampex 600 preamp, it just came in the mail so I soldered a plug to the ac input and fired it up....

replies: 0 views: 146
Carabinerx 11 hours ago

Can anyone point me to a decent rack mount AD/DA combo unit with the following? 8 channels in, 8 channels out - line level, no...

replies: 5 views: 172
mauvehead 12 hours ago

I'm currently looking to upgrade my studio equipment. I used to use the Scarlett 2i2 built in preamp to use the Neumann TLM102...

replies: 31 views: 1,010
andersmv 12 hours ago

As the title suggests, I've been only dabbling in my studio off and on over the past 8 years. I haven't really purchased any...

replies: 4 views: 335
nater9 12 hours ago

I'm moving to a new place and I figured it's time I make some changes in the recording chain. I am currently using Audient iD22...

replies: 2 views: 224
nnajar 12 hours ago

I've been delving into the world of Podcast production. Explored Gearslutz for advice on both Podcasts and Voiceover as far as...

replies: 0 views: 107
mikoo69 13 hours ago

I just sold my SSL 500 series Bus comp and the X-rack eq (silver unit), For the main issue of recall. The Bus comp sounded great...

replies: 108 views: 14,829
ayskura 13 hours ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search