The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

vintage D12E inside along side a Audix D6, as a shootout. D6 is just too processed for a lot of stuff other than hard...

gravyface
replies: 65 views: 1,199
thismercifulfate 8 minutes ago

Currently I am using the SSL sigma which I really enjoy using but a console in the size of the matrix would be nice. What I...

ARIEL
replies: 1 views: 229
JHTorch 14 minutes ago

Hey all, I've been watching Chris Lord Alge mixing Lifeboats(Puremix) and it seems in Prep his assistant normalizes all tracks...

zoobooboozoo
replies: 32 views: 865
Patrick Norton 18 minutes ago

I hear this is not the case. But if you listen to these 2 videos you will hear so Anyone any scientific proof...

UnderGroundJimmy
replies: 14 views: 366
FeedingTheTrolls 43 minutes ago

Hey All, I just got this compressor in the mail and am going to be testing it out a bit tonight (as long as everything goes as...

jcoutu1
replies: 27 views: 4,600
swafford 1 hour ago

Hey there, I Was wondering if there is anyone out there that has tried a max mod mk67 with a genuine Neumann u67 reissue...

bmaughan
replies: 10 views: 2,500
Bits_Ville 1 hour ago

Hi! I haven't really found too much info on the net about this mixer. Some posts suggest that it's really great sounding, but...

johnsmith1261
replies: 225 views: 91,763
Sonic Lush 1 hour ago

Hi again.... I have been reading for a day or two about different plugins and how they compare to their tangible counterparts....

3dsmatt
replies: 68 views: 1,299
Pindrive 2 hours ago

Hey slutz, I heard some comparison of the LXP15 and PCM80 and seem to find that LXP sounds not so far away from the PCM. I...

sein83
replies: 27 views: 1,087
italo de angelis 2 hours ago

Yeah I know, who cares, it's how it sounds that matters...but as I said elsewhere, for singers at least, there often is at least...

bill5
replies: 336 views: 7,236
toledo3 2 hours ago

Dear readers, I recently got my first console (D&R Orion not X), which I'm very excited about. Before anyone tells me...

BarryLimestone
replies: 21 views: 658
drBill 2 hours ago

Ok, I know there all already about 5 threads about this subject, but I haven't found a real conclusion in none of them. I'm...

Boombap86
replies: 18 views: 19,990
RightOnRome 2 hours ago

Hey guys, I am out of the loop (stopped recording for 10 years) and wanted to know what everyones favorites Small Diaphragm...

Nanashi
replies: 0 views: 65
Nanashi 2 hours ago

Hey guys. This is Mark Robertson. I work with Scott Hampton over at Hamptone in Portland, Oregon. I wanted to start a thread...

hamptone_mark
replies: 5 views: 1,006
Jimbo 2 hours ago

I am interested in a power conditioner or something similar to a surge protector to protect my gear, and also a unit that has...

Mike7300
replies: 7 views: 268
paul o 3 hours ago

This is not a plug, just a really happy customer. This guy deserves a review. I have used a bunch of summing boxes along with...

WiZKiD
replies: 195 views: 83,484
mlukey 3 hours ago

Neve 8424 Console Still We Need This Type Of Devices ? They Really Make Much Difference On The Final "Results" ...

wavewalker
replies: 11 views: 568
kennybro 3 hours ago
replies: 5 views: 217
Backstrom 3 hours ago

And what signal chains, would you use to fit within Modern Pop, if you were Producing/Engineering it? Talking roughly, records...

chessparov2.0
replies: 159 views: 3,761
joeq 3 hours ago

I got the Genelec 8330 and 7350 SAM system. I am surprised more people are not raving about it on Gearslutz. The room correction...

pw2005
replies: 31 views: 6,112
eromain 3 hours ago

Just out of curiousity, does anyone have any info regarding the recording/mixing of the drums on this album? I believe its more...

mini logo
replies: 162 views: 30,529
WanderingScholar 4 hours ago
replies: - views: -
TikkoRome 4 hours ago

What is your opinion for choice between below speakers. They of course come with different price tags, but wanted to hear what...

tochnia
replies: 2 views: 154
soundgeneration 4 hours ago

Recording 2 simultaneous tracks. 1) RCA 77b > 25ft Mogami Gold XLR > Ampex 601 Mic In (front port) > Line out (side)...

TikkoRome
replies: 1 views: 74
dwpthe3rd 4 hours ago

Hello! I could get a Midiverb II for 30 EUR and a Microverb III for 60 EUR. Which one would you choose for analog drum...

mitec1602
replies: 31 views: 10,421
Wayne 4 hours ago

If you had to choose 3 microphones to use the rest of your life. One ribbon, dynamic and condenser microphone. Which one would...

greatgreatriver
replies: 116 views: 6,777
David Rick 4 hours ago

Hey guys, Because of the global pandemic, I bailed out of New York and went home to Wellington, New Zealand. I'm shipping my...

willmarshall
replies: 8 views: 276
psycho_monkey 5 hours ago

After much internal debate on whether or not to add the famed Yamaha NS-10m monitors to my setup I finally went ahead and did it...

H89
replies: 62 views: 7,837
Crazy4Jazz 5 hours ago

Just wondering if anyone has ordered + received one of their mics lately + how long it took from placing an order? Wondering if I...

le_gums
replies: 15 views: 582
gravyface 5 hours ago

Hi all, I'm thinking to buy X32 to use it as an audio interface in my studio , and I have some questions: 1- I want to know...

Nizo
replies: 3 views: 98
bambamboom 5 hours ago

I just picked up a second Rode NTR to have a stereo pair. The second one is around 5db quieter than the first one. I talked to...

tessitura
replies: 0 views: 70
tessitura 5 hours ago

Hi guys, looking for a two microphone 1U rack preamp for overheads. I am using my RME UFX preamps now for that and looking to...

CurseesConnect
replies: 1 views: 84
thismercifulfate 5 hours ago

Anyone have any experience with both of these mics? I am looking into them (specifically to use with the b6 cap). I'm just...

Matthewrayrgv
replies: 99 views: 9,061
N1Greg 6 hours ago

Hey guys, I mainly track out clean guitars. Currently recording with the Royer R-10 and SM81. I'm pretty happy with the sound...

m.laurence
replies: 14 views: 516
Drumsound 6 hours ago

I play in an 80s style thrash metal band and we've just taken on a new guitarist and we've been messing around trying to get our...

Force89
replies: 4 views: 246
razorboy 6 hours ago

I'm fascinated with how the older music in my collection sounds. Maybe it's placebo or some kind of psychological bias. :cowbell:

goom
replies: 13 views: 370
johannburkard 7 hours ago

Not looking for a 500-series unit... 19" rack or desktop/standalone would be fine... Looking for a portable 2-channel...

fu22ba55
replies: 11 views: 236
cerebellum 7 hours ago

Analogue Cascade-able £1675+tax X-Desk and other new products can be seen at Booth B75, Hall 5.1, Messe Frankfurt from 9AM on...

[email protected]
replies: 1,003 views: 229,063
Modular_8 8 hours ago

Someone told me the other day this was a terrific mic. Anyone else tried it. Seems to be a sleeper on the net.

robertgeorge
replies: 4 views: 196
Dokterrock 8 hours ago

So I was wondering who else just uses a pair of bookshelfs for their primary monitors? My favorite monitors have been B & Ws...

Nanashi
replies: 4 views: 248
over-man 8 hours ago

Without suggesting triggers or new drummer, (cause at the venue I mix live, we get different drummers.) is there a magic formula...

lucasmusic
replies: 29 views: 666
Patrick Norton 9 hours ago

While I certainly understand the importance of a properly configured and powerful computer in this equation, I would appreciate...

evolvetek
replies: 0 views: 85
evolvetek 9 hours ago

I've been using spring reverb on vox and other non-guitar tracks for a bit now. I currently have a VanAmps racked stereo reverb....

brianellefson
replies: 32 views: 3,631
dharma one 9 hours ago

Hi all. I'm new here to GS. Lurked here for about a week and it's great. My background is as a musician and audiophile,...

drumzy
replies: 9 views: 3,786
tochnia 10 hours ago

You made a mental note not to sign the contract or go any further with them?

goom
replies: 21 views: 1,073
Sigma 10 hours ago

Happens at 2:08 and 3:29 Sounds like something you would do with a low frequency oscillator, but this is pretty early days for...

7up partridge
replies: 12 views: 324
7up partridge 10 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 4,986 views: 1,057,580
Piedpiper 10 hours ago

Just wondered if anyone here has used/owns a Sharma rotary speaker from the 60's/70's? They were produced in the UK and of...

dialectic
replies: 8 views: 254
dialectic 11 hours ago

I'm trying to help some young kids to track their songs for free and they are pretty decent. It's just that he can't groove to a...

Revmen
replies: 16 views: 3,888
Ibanez1998 12 hours ago

I currently have a Mojave Audio MA200 but find it too sibilant for my voice. Thinking of selling it and debating between the...

DrStone
replies: 38 views: 1,191
blackjono2000 12 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search