The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I've been wondering for awhile why most of us prefer the sound of analog gear generally speaking. Yes, I know digital has come a...

Gears
replies: 345 views: 7,290
Pyeguy 1 minute ago

Hey! I made video last week trying out some different room configurations in our studio. I'm think and hope there's some...

uffetuff
replies: 6 views: 294
Robby in WA 2 minutes ago

I used to use Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 and had to downgrade to 2i2 Scarlett (1st gen). I was never content with the sound of...

bigsol91
replies: 0 views: 1
bigsol91 15 minutes ago

It's always been my dream to have a 1" 8-track 300 series Ampex. Recently been thinking about it more. Obviously, 8 track...

jdurango
replies: 4 views: 287
jdurango 15 minutes ago

I use my SSL X Rack in Cubase by using the insert plug in. This work by going out a particular output of my converters into my...

Jason rocks
replies: 9 views: 742
psycho_monkey 36 minutes ago

confoosed remember with the plugin you can have a bunch of them on as many tracks as you want

mikeyman
replies: 5 views: 384
kangking 45 minutes ago

Hey guys, I have the chance to get a 747 half the price, so I started studying the case: what I've found - especially here on GS...

Friedrik83
replies: 11 views: 321
Hecker 1 hour ago

I want to use my Shure KSM8 dynamic mic with a preamp that only has a TS jack and I'm trying to find out the proper way to make...

rschlierbeck
replies: 1 views: 274
rschlierbeck 1 hour ago

Hi Guys! I want some advice on microphones. I am getting the Neve 1073 pre amp along with a UA 1176 or Tube Tech compressor and...

Simonwhitelock
replies: 150 views: 4,262
Al Rogers 1 hour ago

My fairly new Nicerizer is putting out noise on the headphone output and the rear outputs. This is with no inputs connected to...

Left Headphone
replies: 2 views: 340
Hecker 1 hour ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 2,113 views: 139,151
drewbonez 1 hour ago

I really dig the Elliot Smith albums Rob Schnapf did with Tom Rothrock. I also really like the sound of the first Foo record,...

max cooper
replies: 2,241 views: 275,101
Renfield74 1 hour ago

Hi Gearslutz Im looking on for some advice on this please from people who have experience with working with guitars, this is my...

Chris-m
replies: 4 views: 396
Brent Hahn 2 hours ago

Hi Guys, I record with protools HD (native) and I have 16 channels of various preamps to get the signal into the box via a...

chrisaiken
replies: 0 views: 45
chrisaiken 2 hours ago

$735 for a well made u47 inspired mic sounds really good, am interested in their 251 too! Any users here?? Advanced Audio...

SEED78
replies: 106 views: 17,277
Drumsound 2 hours ago

Hi, Just found this website. Never heard of this company but the clones look...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 23 views: 2,379
tengu 2 hours ago

anybody use a Seck 1282 or 1882 mixer? how do those compare to mixers of today, ie mackies and all that? Opinions sought...

efex
replies: 16 views: 13,417
PaulJr 2 hours ago

Hi guys! I'm looking to get a drum machine, but anytime I look for one online they all seem focused on hip hop, but am having...

penguin_zombies
replies: 35 views: 6,178
AJBoozera 3 hours ago

I just bought almost every CD Elliot Scheiner has mixed in stereo since 1990 and can't get over how great the bass and kick...

eugtone
replies: 12 views: 632
eugtone 3 hours ago

I did a quick snippet to compare these two since I have them both for a weekend. guitar and vocal through a Great River MP-2 into...

michael cleary
replies: 59 views: 15,087
hello people 3 hours ago

Hi- I mostly do custom broadcast commercials and audio for videos etc. My project studio is relatively quiet and by using mics...

bhp2000
replies: 1 views: 131
lasso 4 hours ago

Calling out 'round the world to... Folks like like Bob Ohlsson/Mike Tarsia/Bobby Eli/Bushman, et al, to chime on. Also welcome...

chessparov2.0
replies: 553 views: 16,594
Bushman 4 hours ago

I'm getting a great sound out of my ssl x-desk, but it's overloading when printing back into logic. If i turn the master down on...

Lamik
replies: 0 views: 127
Lamik 4 hours ago

What is the difference?

showtechm
replies: 3 views: 110
Synth Guru 5 hours ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,448 views: 106,514
PatrickFaith 5 hours ago

Hello fellow slutz, Which eq in your humble opinion would be good for my mix bus to be used in line with an SSL comp, a Manley...

sourcefor
replies: 37 views: 1,537
crille_mannen 5 hours ago

Anyone used the Schoeps cmc54 body? They are sold with a new mk 4 capsule for about 1000 euros. so if you get a stereo set...

balas
replies: 2 views: 158
balas 6 hours ago

Hi, the previous thread seems to be closed for no apparent reason but there's some useful progress for people who own this desk....

Psythe
replies: 1,155 views: 156,847
Rtroost 6 hours ago

So one day I put up this strange looking ray gun in front of the kit. Mainly to show off for the band as I had never heard it or...

xlon
replies: 1 views: 154
bowzin 6 hours ago

I have been looking quite extensivly at the feature set and layout of the AMS-Neve genesys black and I must say I am totally...

ARIEL
replies: 2 views: 283
ARIEL 6 hours ago

Hi there This is my first post on this forum so excuse any lapses in etiquette. I'm trying to find the best way, if...

ChoiceBlendMike
replies: 0 views: 142
ChoiceBlendMike 7 hours ago

Hello Slutz, I m doing my first all analog acoustic recording this summer and would love some advice. Im recording a jazz...

Sp12Jazz
replies: 41 views: 979
AlexK 7 hours ago

Hey everyone, If your reading this then you might be a current user of the Console Softube 1 and Pro Tools. As you may know The...

Micah421
replies: 3 views: 450
raal 8 hours ago

Hello Everyone! I have Roland UA-55 Quad-capture and looking to buy Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro cans with 250 ohms load. Interface...

baddaman
replies: 0 views: 152
baddaman 8 hours ago

Hi all, Some time after selling my precious Millennia and D.A.V. preamps and quiting audio work. I bought myself Fredenstein...

OldNick
replies: 2 views: 225
OldNick 8 hours ago

with convolution reverbs and an endless supply of quality IRs, decision making for us relative newbies without the benefit of a...

tyrebo
replies: 3 views: 226
newguy1 8 hours ago

I responded in the thread "Which 1/2 rack compressor should i get?" and the OP posted that GAP was coming out with an...

tuvanh25
replies: 399 views: 59,524
JSchlomo 8 hours ago

Ok, so I've been using my Venice F32 for a few weeks now and I thought it could be useful to create a thread about some tips...

lozion
replies: 122 views: 13,336
jcoutu1 9 hours ago

Final Review It's been an interesting couple of weeks searching high and low for a new set of monitors. It's said often we hear...

ShadowAMD
replies: 183 views: 11,521
Deckdaddy 9 hours ago

I need some new converters for a new studio build: 16 analogue to ADAT. Line inputs and I don't want any preamps since I...

misterlong
replies: 1 views: 187
deuc647 9 hours ago

Hello all! Just wanted to give you guys some updatse on our side as a lot of you were really interested in the products we...

Karpmentalise
replies: 14 views: 772
Quetz 10 hours ago

Just some quick questions about Boss md500. 1 is it possible to use the filter engine without any lfo or envelope automation,...

Langur
replies: 0 views: 137
Langur 10 hours ago

Ok, flame on if you must. But here's the deal... After listening to numerous audio samples of ITB and OTB summed mixes, and...

mbvoxx
replies: 542 views: 28,705
Sharp11 10 hours ago

Sticking to the Nemesis desktop editor, I just realized that Nemesis is not 12 delay engines but just ONE delay with 12 different...

Langur
replies: 0 views: 142
Langur 10 hours ago

I know this can be interpreted as very open-ended, so let me clarify and be more specific. I mixed all ITB for the last year...

littlesicily
replies: 991 views: 52,633
subspace 10 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Brent Hahn 11 hours ago

I can't output send the output of one of my rnd 542 into the input of any of my api or capi eq... but it can go anywhere else...

Jackie Moon
replies: 0 views: 182
Jackie Moon 13 hours ago

I am buying a new kit and am curious about these drums. I have not read much feedback or opinions on these drums and the Ludwig...

C/G
replies: 30 views: 33,821
tomvette 14 hours ago

Hi Guys Thinking of getting a new vocal mic if budget permits. Aiming at few hundred dollar range. Mostly this will be for...

gradivus
replies: 16 views: 428
hughshouse 15 hours ago

There is a Kickstarter campaign (already gone way over the funds required) for a new headphone called Nura. It combines both an...

Mr Funk
replies: 8 views: 1,579
lumpfish 17 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search