The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm currently looking to upgrade my studio equipment. I used to use the Scarlett 2i2 built in preamp to use the Neumann TLM102...

replies: 30 views: 930
Exdeavor 2 minutes ago

Ok recently I had a thought I shall try anytime soon. What about doing mix without using any plug ins whatsoever? Did anyone ever...

replies: 5 views: 227
Lenzo 11 minutes ago

Calling out 'round the world to... Folks like like Bob Ohlsson/Mike Tarsia/Bobby Eli/Bushman, et al, to chime on. Also welcome...

replies: 312 views: 10,109
Ardis 16 minutes ago

i've always wondered why ppl put the mic upside down for recording, esp vocal mic's? if it's about reducing reflection echoes...

replies: 53 views: 31,112
ayskura 18 minutes ago

I just picked up a used 319 from SA for $99. Did my due diligence and it appears to be a Russian made one from the ASM era. Got...

replies: 40 views: 3,753
Ardis 22 minutes ago

I just sold my SSL 500 series Bus comp and the X-rack eq (silver unit), For the main issue of recall. The Bus comp sounded great...

replies: 108 views: 14,731
ayskura 26 minutes ago

So here's a question that I probably should know already, so forgive me if this sounds stupid. Let's say I want to run a mono...

replies: 4 views: 1,438
BM Grabber 29 minutes ago

Can anyone point me to a decent rack mount AD/DA combo unit with the following? 8 channels in, 8 channels out - line level, no...

replies: 1 views: 60
andersmv 39 minutes ago

S*** just got real. Real affordable. From their FB page: Introducing the WA73 Family by Warm Audio. • 1073-style British...

replies: 1,052 views: 116,367
mfic 42 minutes ago

I have been trying to catch up with all these clone mics, Advanced Audio, Pearlman, 3U Audio, Neumann! Lots of praise. I was...

replies: 40 views: 7,655
monkeyxx 48 minutes ago

A couple years ago I bought a used TLM103 (just to have another utility mic) off eBay. The seller was in Northern California I...

Patrick Norton
replies: 8 views: 370
bloodspoint 56 minutes ago

To buy a single non-bus, "do it all" OTB compressor, then what would it be? My idea being that since I already have a...

replies: 16 views: 375
PdotDdot 1 hour ago

Has anyone had any experience with these EQs yet? They are very appealing to me since I love SSL EQ. I am curious if they have a...

replies: 30 views: 13,419
nigelhopkins 1 hour ago

I'm curious: What is your favorite non-tube studio vocal mic? Why? Pleeeeease... don't comment unless you have owned your...

replies: 28 views: 1,394
toledo3 2 hours ago

I'm moving to a new place and I figured it's time I make some changes in the recording chain. I am currently using Audient iD22...

replies: 1 views: 166
Frank Oglethorpe 2 hours ago

Hey all -- Looking to replace my Atlantis for vocal mic duties. I've also got a Peluso 2247LE right now that I love on most...

replies: 8 views: 245
hughshouse 2 hours ago

does anyone have any recommendation for getting a microphone upside down? I currently use a rode nt 1000 and have had some issues...

replies: 4 views: 164
dights 3 hours ago

hello, i'm new here. really need your expert opinions for my dilemma .. i have Yamaha HS7 at my working home right now &...

replies: 1 views: 105
mando1 3 hours ago

Seems lazy going all one company but reviews are good. My main vocal mics are the sm7b and m149 I'm thinking about getting...

replies: 12 views: 475
adg21 3 hours ago

I am about to make my first "virtual" microphone purchase and wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to compare the...

replies: 25 views: 3,289
kwsmix 4 hours ago

Im looking to find a different place to set up all my studio gear outside the house. I was just wondering for those of you who...

replies: 1 views: 131
alierainy234 6 hours ago

A new WA76 just unpacked and turned on. The VU-lights are on, OK. Then I connected it to my interface MH ULN8 out: first via XLR...

replies: 5 views: 722
James Lehmann 6 hours ago

the damn billion dollar chair is making noise @ the pivot points below the arms. really driving me crazy! I pulled the plastic...

replies: 18 views: 20,319
swafford 6 hours ago

Another thread mentioned this trick: Setting up a buss for an instrument or group, electric guitars in this example. Set up a...

John Suitcase
replies: 58 views: 22,681
dights 6 hours ago

Hi! Ive got a problem with my speakers SE Electronics Munro Egg 150 (white). They have until today been working. Suddenly the...

replies: 5 views: 599
magruith 6 hours ago

I have found that if I play and sing a song without a click, and then track overdubs afterward, it sounds a little sloppy but...

replies: 1,491 views: 26,313
chrisso 7 hours ago

Just saw this online and am pretty excited about the prospect of owning this mic! Anyone have...

replies: 41 views: 5,612
NetworkMartin 7 hours ago

I was wondering if somebody could provide a list of mixing consoles that have compressors on each channel and or / on individual...

replies: 13 views: 973
shortyboyboy 7 hours ago

Hi everyone, This is my first post here, so take it easy on me please :) I'm a double bassist, and I have my own Jazz band,...

replies: 62 views: 2,072
dwojr 8 hours ago

I use a pair of JBL LSR308 monitors as my main monitors currently. I like them but sometimes I wish I could get a little more...

The Mule
replies: 2 views: 146
The Mule 8 hours ago

Sending channels through a console strip similar to an SSL4000 would be a dream! Does Harrison or Soundcraft make one that has...

replies: 3 views: 313
shortyboyboy 8 hours ago

Im trying to record on tape, but I don't have a grand lying around for a decent 8 track, so I acquired an old AKAI tape deck, it...

Nick Smalley
replies: 21 views: 714
soundebler 9 hours ago

I don't know where to post this question so I'll just post it here. Mods please feel free to move this to where it should...

replies: 5 views: 313
mtl777 9 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Terryrocks 10 hours ago

As the title suggests, I've been only dabbling in my studio off and on over the past 8 years. I haven't really purchased any...

replies: 3 views: 294
CrunkThanAMug 10 hours ago
RBHan 10 hours ago

does anyone have any suggestions for getting even close to the marshall time modulator sound? sadly it's out of my price range,...

replies: 17 views: 1,667
ModularOverkill 11 hours ago
Alsongs 11 hours ago

You know what I mean. We've all got 'em! Ok, I'll go first; Why does a graphic waveform have top and bottom shapes that aren't...

replies: 5,830 views: 584,547
dontsimon 11 hours ago

I was wondering if I could successfully process a stereo signal (for example, a stereo drum kit) with a PSA 1.1 using a Y cable...

replies: 5 views: 287
Noisewagon 11 hours ago

I know this can be interpreted as very open-ended, so let me clarify and be more specific. I mixed all ITB for the last year...

replies: 837 views: 42,271
Duke Murdock 12 hours ago
SterlingForbes 12 hours ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

replies: 1,941 views: 124,123
mitchholtby 13 hours ago
ayskura 13 hours ago

Newby question. I am about to get an Ampex 440 reel to reel 2 track that looks to have a male 3-pin DIN output for each channel....

replies: 1 views: 263
Bushman 15 hours ago

Hi guys! I'm looking to get a drum machine, but anytime I look for one online they all seem focused on hip hop, but am having...

replies: 30 views: 5,124
aremos 15 hours ago

I just have to say this thing rocks. I started summing about a year and a half ago on a dbox from dangerous. The d-box is very...

replies: 25 views: 7,621
Bictor 15 hours ago

Assuming you get a $200 pair by Shure or Mackie (I know Shure is reputable, and I've heard good things about Mackie stuff) do...

replies: 4 views: 220
Cardinal_SINE 16 hours ago

Here is a short video of the machine and what appears to be a Madonna multitrack session on the large diskette. preach.mp4

replies: 3 views: 293
DJTOPCAT 16 hours ago

Been using the Apollo Twin usb on my PC but it's limited on I/O. I use Presonus Studio One 2 DAW. Been wanting more inputs so I...

replies: 2 views: 220
geeorge 16 hours ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search