The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I've been wondering for awhile why most of us prefer the sound of analog gear generally speaking. Yes, I know digital has come a...

Gears
replies: 162 views: 3,562
Bassmankr 1 minute ago

Calling out 'round the world to... Folks like like Bob Ohlsson/Mike Tarsia/Bobby Eli/Bushman, et al, to chime on. Also welcome...

chessparov2.0
replies: 524 views: 15,974
boombapdame 16 minutes ago

I'm wondering if there is a good tremolo/vibrato rack unit (with keeping impedance and gain structure in mind). Sure I could run...

tjonau
replies: 5 views: 144
graphicnomad 21 minutes ago

I see references to "burning in" or "breaking in" monitors and headphones. What does this mean? I...

MoltenVoltage
replies: 9 views: 430
MoltenVoltage 25 minutes ago

I did a quick snippet to compare these two since I have them both for a weekend. guitar and vocal through a Great River MP-2 into...

michael cleary
replies: 38 views: 14,696
chessparov2.0 34 minutes ago

I really dig the Elliot Smith albums Rob Schnapf did with Tom Rothrock. I also really like the sound of the first Foo record,...

max cooper
replies: 2,240 views: 274,953
rob S 50 minutes ago

Hi all I recently got an SSL Nucleus (1st series as I can't stand white), a bit scared after reading some comments over here,...

rofus
replies: 41 views: 5,056
octatonic 1 hour ago
replies: 0 views: 67
Trill92 1 hour ago

Hi Guys! I want some advice on microphones. I am getting the Neve 1073 pre amp along with a UA 1176 or Tube Tech compressor and...

Simonwhitelock
replies: 118 views: 3,396
Musiclab 1 hour ago

Anyone using this, heard it, tried it, anything? Seems like a great option for distortion, harmonics, saturation...

BudgetInfinity
replies: 1 views: 112
chinesewhiteman 2 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 171 views: 8,617
newguy1 2 hours ago

Hello everyone. I would like to buy a microphone for my home studio. Budget is around 150-300€. I would of like to recording...

thompavl
replies: 9 views: 640
Mario-C. 2 hours ago

Hi, Is there some books about the hardware compressors development in the past and the use of them? About all the classics like...

kjetillunde
replies: 31 views: 5,247
rgr 2 hours ago

I had an experiment day and used some headphones to mic a snare drum. I wasn't expecting it to work that well, but they sounded...

andersmv
replies: 3 views: 118
andersmv 3 hours ago

Hey guys long time reader first time poster. I have a small bedroom studio, a 4x5 vocal booth acoustically treated. I have...

PAnthony278
replies: 3 views: 263
RKeefe1032 3 hours ago

I know this is a long shot but I just picked up a Zoom 9010 effects processor For get this 20 euro !!! Only problem is a dead...

lovekrafty
replies: 10 views: 738
DarkAngel 4 hours ago

i ordered some atsacoustics absorbers and now i need a few diffusers for my room.. anyone know where to buy affordable yet...

gsjim
replies: 25 views: 1,910
baskervils 4 hours ago

I have a brand new M&M B gauge 2U 48 way patchbay (hardwired type with a lacing bar) I have small selection of very high...

thehightenor
replies: 2 views: 347
RaygunRS 4 hours ago

Hey folks. I'm looking to buy my first pair of monitors. These are exciting times! I'm a music producer seeking to produce all...

MitchMunro
replies: 29 views: 1,759
Teofunk 5 hours ago

Hey all, was trying to find some reviews and user comments on the Tonelux MP5A's but not seeing a whole lot... I wanted to pick...

szyam
replies: 14 views: 459
Joe Porto 5 hours ago

Just to have a reference, how much have you invested in your home studio, given that your gear allows you to have a pro recording...

ttattwa
replies: 68 views: 1,864
ttattwa 5 hours ago

Bit confused about the routing options in the rosetta 200. I mainly been using it with an ID22 as I prefer the apogee conversion...

Chris Dover
replies: 7 views: 354
ardis 5 hours ago

Hi all I LOVE my Soundelux 251c, it's a great mic. But it doesn't always work on all voices (no mic does). No surprise,...

not_so_new
replies: 30 views: 1,049
NoEgo 5 hours ago

Thought it might be interesting to have a thread regarding & discussing the different types of demos... Like Artist/Band...

chessparov2.0
replies: 29 views: 1,030
Brent Hahn 6 hours ago

So I’m finally in my new forever studio build... purpose built and aggressively acoustically treated space... I’m...

bgood
replies: 40 views: 1,068
GreenNeedle 6 hours ago

So: The Rolling Stones recent release Blue and Lonesome was tracked in 3 days The Beatles debut- 13 hours total by varying...

300lbsofjoy
replies: 25 views: 1,084
Arseny 7 hours ago

Apologies if this was posted already (the vid is about 8 mos old)... I did a search and came up with zilch. If you watch this...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 4 views: 337
Shannon Adkins 7 hours ago

The Even H1 is the only one available as I type and costs only $199, the Audeara is set to be out next month and the Nura...

Mr Funk
replies: 12 views: 1,071
Robo 7 hours ago

I have a R121, Gefell UM70 and Km84 -will a 500 series type module with its typical 65dB gain be enough clean gain for these mics...

nhuphuong422
replies: 2 views: 297
Totalrex 7 hours ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 2,108 views: 138,584
ORyan87 8 hours ago

Hello all, What’s the consensus on not mixing with headphones but mixing for headphones? Thanks, ben

ob1
replies: 3 views: 227
bobtheninja 8 hours ago

I am using Apollo, which has only one analog out or SPDIF Coaxial out for the Main Mix. I am in a one-room studio, so the main...

chrismeraz
replies: 0 views: 88
chrismeraz 9 hours ago
replies: - views: -
nosebleedaudio 10 hours ago

Which preamps would you put as your first choice beside a 32 channels midas venice F? Apish? Nevish? Tubish? Cleanish?...

mec
replies: 5 views: 285
inasilentway 10 hours ago

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has experienced an issue with Softube Console 1 MkII causing distortion when automating the...

gtole
replies: 4 views: 441
miniasola 11 hours ago

Anyone of you Aussie folks seen one of these out and about yet? Just an 'M49' style listed on the website, but also saw the 'C12'...

swafford
replies: 13 views: 1,089
Lud 11 hours ago

My best sounding mixes were done on ATC 150's that i had 10 years ago and on 100's that i had 6 years ago (The drugs may have...

msmile033
replies: 1 views: 207
cheu78 12 hours ago
replies: - views: -
knariman 13 hours ago

Looking for a new pair of monitors ..... Been using Adam A77x for 5-6 years but am considering either the S3H or S3V. I am...

dewaldian
replies: 0 views: 176
dewaldian 14 hours ago

I used to have an SPX50D and really liked the symphonic effect. Is there any software that does this? It's a kind of multi-voice...

Mr Funk
replies: 19 views: 5,457
TheLastByte 16 hours ago

Hello fellow slutz, Which eq in your humble opinion would be good for my mix bus to be used in line with an SSL comp, a Manley...

sourcefor
replies: 25 views: 1,129
Bushman 18 hours ago

I recently purchased an AEA TRP2 for use with my ribbons, but have been experiencing radio interference when using the pre with...

lm183902
replies: 1 views: 217
Bushman 18 hours ago

What is the utility of the fins in QRD's? I've been looking over QRD calculators and I want to put a significant amount of...

danyull
replies: 8 views: 308
danyull 18 hours ago

I have a Phoenix Audio DRS2, was thinking about adding a Focusrite 428 to my rack. I was unable to find any discussions directly...

NamelessUnknown
replies: 0 views: 186
NamelessUnknown 18 hours ago

Hello Slutz, I m doing my first all analog acoustic recording this summer and would love some advice. Im recording a jazz...

Sp12Jazz
replies: 34 views: 801
Funny Cat 18 hours ago

I have an opportunity to buy a Soundtracs Solo live 32.4.2 for $450 Canadian (probably somewhat negotiable). Anyone have any...

KingsX
replies: 0 views: 179
KingsX 19 hours ago

HI! Our TG mixer will hit the streets about Dec 1st. Here are some final photos with the newly remolded old school pointer knobs.

wade goeke
replies: 99 views: 16,033
Jeff.calcaska 19 hours ago

So I’m looking to purchase a 2ch EQ to use on my mix bus for some subtle fine tuning. I already have an EQP-KT and was thinking...

drainyoo
replies: 20 views: 960
drainyoo 19 hours ago

Has anyone done a back to back comparison between the Warm WA-2A and the GAP Comp-2A? Which sounds more like an LA-2A? Which...

et_al
replies: 10 views: 2,844
Coldsnow 20 hours ago

Hi all, I recently received my custom LA-2A from Chris Yetter at Audio-Scape Engineering. He was amazing to work with and I...

rjb5191
replies: 18 views: 2,668
LLSentelle 21 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search