The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So, I’ve started recording and mixing again... Thought I was okay until I played the mix in the car then realised I’m...

n1ckvh
replies: 89 views: 2,216
Brent Hahn 1 minute ago

Jamerson was the man for R&B And Soul bass playing, who were some of the staple guitar players that were creative and...

steelyfan
replies: 28 views: 515
plainofjars 4 minutes ago

I know that people have used SRS to put things behind the listener, but how can you do it without an SRS unit. My theory is...

gurubuzz
replies: 0 views: 1
gurubuzz 8 minutes ago

I was looking at the Shure A55M shockmount online and thought they might work well with a Royer 121, as an alternative to the...

k.guitars
replies: 4 views: 151
thismercifulfate 52 minutes ago

Hello so I plan on splitting a microphone signal to FOH and a Recording Room preamp. My issue is the microphone needs phantom...

KGInkling
replies: 7 views: 60
cathode 53 minutes ago

Dear community, I just got a damaged Shure SM57 (XLR missing) for free. (luckily) Bought a new XLR connector, soldered red to...

romanxtk
replies: 3 views: 101
chrischoir 1 hour ago

Hey guys! Working on updating the home studio and looking for preamp recommendations. We use an SM7B for most vocals and...

Vinny554
replies: 20 views: 272
Vinny554 1 hour ago

Anyone have any info at all on the recording of Plasmatics- new Hope for the Wretched?

hebjam
replies: 8 views: 324
junkshop 1 hour ago

As many of you may be aware, due to some label disputes, Taylor Swift is apparently planning to re-record her previous 6...

bambamboom
replies: 11 views: 368
ccg 2 hours ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 4,775 views: 448,507
gfunny72 2 hours ago

Hey guys, I have acquired some gear over the last year and am having trouble using within Ableton. I understand that I will need...

beeennji
replies: 0 views: 34
beeennji 2 hours ago

Been running a Sweet Ten for a couple years and it's been great. Was starting to look into making a sum bus and remembered the...

chazfilez
replies: 3 views: 849
Grandma 3 hours ago

I've been wondering for awhile why most of us prefer the sound of analog gear generally speaking. Yes, I know digital has come a...

Gears
replies: 6,801 views: 200,619
twelvetone 3 hours ago

Not that I am thinking of buuying one, but am curious nonetheless if anyone has any experience with this, and how it is.

Jeff Hayat
replies: 0 views: 38
Jeff Hayat 3 hours ago

I have a couple G's (AND NO MORE!!!) to buy a new mic and the hole in my locker is a good LDC for (mostly male) vox. I am looking...

jml designs
replies: 41 views: 5,397
imdasloth 4 hours ago

Phil X and the Drills, featuring Daniel Spriewald on bass, and Phil X on guitar, recorded this song at Kronos a while back. Gary...

Kronos147
replies: 3 views: 113
Kronos147 4 hours ago

Just curious. Is anyone still using hardware reverb units in the studio since we have a LOT of awesome reverb plugins like...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 1,183 views: 103,694
temnov 4 hours ago

I like the drums in this Phil Collins song. Listen after 3:40 YouTube I am not highly experienced with recording drum. ...

DanTheMan06
replies: 40 views: 2,498
Poopypants 4 hours ago

When I lost my analog virginity about 8 years ago, and sold my last tape multi-track machine, I was excited to try digital and on...

Rob Coates
replies: 117 views: 21,186
SRS 4 hours ago

Been using the 3035 for my own vocals (as well as any talent I record) for the last 11 years. Alternative rock - I'm a tenor, and...

zerosoma
replies: 9 views: 218
zerosoma 4 hours ago

Just picked up an mt71s and I now need one other mic to complement it. I will be doing everything with these two mics. Most...

Bigtommyp
replies: 7 views: 103
Bigtommyp 4 hours ago

So I'm working on coordinating a shootout between a bunch of different preamps, as most of the ones that have been done seem to...

Celinara
replies: 6 views: 134
Celinara 5 hours ago

I got my first tape recorder in the mid 1950s. Something about capturing aspects of human expression was so exciting. I also...

midnightsun
replies: 7 views: 350
bmanzer 5 hours ago

Just curious as to what everyone thinks of these things. I have one, but am thinking of getting another one for 32 channels. I...

alexp
replies: 73 views: 34,769
mont_man22 6 hours ago

So I've been prepping for a overall home studio upgrade for a few weeks now, and now that I'm done and the orders are placed, I...

WilliamNevi
replies: 3 views: 139
JEK3 6 hours ago

This video shows my typical way of dealing with bass guitar in Cubase: https://youtu.be/RWVNYWpFerQ Any nice additional...

maartenl945
replies: 1 views: 79
Brent Hahn 6 hours ago

Hi All, I'm about to purchase speakers from Canada and was wondering if anyone has dealt with the import duties or taxes...

Randy777
replies: 3 views: 244
Randy777 7 hours ago

Hi guys Im looking at some new headphones as I seem to miss loads with my HD25 when mixing my tunes. There does seem to be...

DeezelP
replies: 11 views: 245
Lox72 7 hours ago

Question with a Poll.... Who makes the best modern 87 clone? The benchmark is 60's / 70's U87i versions right? So... In...

anguswoodhead
replies: 84 views: 2,390
anguswoodhead 7 hours ago

Hi there SLUTZ-- I am trying to buy a decent vocal microphone for under, or around, $1500. I'll be using it primarily for my...

larrykohling
replies: 0 views: 53
larrykohling 7 hours ago

Hope to not be wrong ... The Pioneer DJ-S1000 in V-Instrument version ? confoosed with also more enhanced features ... by an...

wavewalker
replies: 0 views: 44
wavewalker 7 hours ago

I just got a Lexicon MPX-1, and I am having a blast with it, but one thing that I (maybe naively) expected to be straightforward...

jonahab
replies: 0 views: 56
jonahab 8 hours ago
replies: 2,074 views: 177,242
chessparov2.0 9 hours ago

This is an audio excerpt from Glenn Fricker's recent video: "The Truth about Expensive Studio Gear". And since I'm...

dfghdhr
replies: 41 views: 2,093
To Mega Therion 9 hours ago

Hi guys - i bought a pair of Focal Shape Twins a few months ago. I have just noticed that after about an hour of them being used...

Miran
replies: 7 views: 705
tiraquon 9 hours ago

Please check out the picture attached and see if anyone can recognize those computer screen monitors. Also would like to know...

appreciation1
replies: 2 views: 106
jackURbody 9 hours ago

From what I understand, a lot of people like 3U audio mics. I'm not an producer or sound engineer. Could you folks tell me in...

80sTherapy
replies: 64 views: 1,562
mrand 10 hours ago

Here's a Chinese mic company that doesn't beat around the bush. They call their U87 clone, well, a U87 of course. Now, who knows,...

Rob Coates
replies: 20 views: 3,900
deedeeyeah 11 hours ago

I gotta problem which I'm struggling to solve. The sound from my studio monitors is intermittently losing its top end so I end up...

mattog
replies: 3 views: 80
mattog 11 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 4,720 views: 1,033,155
MRSEED 11 hours ago

looking to purchase, anyone knows of where to buy let me know. thx Martin

mortimersnerdy
replies: 3 views: 120
toledo3 11 hours ago

Accidental double post. Please delete! Reason for Editing: duplicate ...

Vinny554
replies: 0 views: 58
Vinny554 12 hours ago

Hi, just need a bit of advice. I recently bought a set of APS Klassik 2020 monitors for my studio. On listening it seems like...

Tahoebrian5
replies: 0 views: 78
Tahoebrian5 13 hours ago

I was using a Neumann TLM49 through a Neve Portico 5032 which went through a Universal Audio 1176LN (through an Apogee Duet and...

squint
replies: 18 views: 559
Jon Best 14 hours ago

Has anyone done this? .. I can get a great deal, I dont want to buy a new one, and i'm not ready to upgrade to a new box, just...

RightOnRome
replies: 0 views: 82
RightOnRome 14 hours ago

Hi. I am planning to perform live with an acoustic set, just my voice and ac.guitar. As regards my voice, I am looking for FX...

nemo2000
replies: 11 views: 10,455
NicJonesMT 14 hours ago

I am currently in the process of acquiring a 3-mic recording setup for some home projects. Right now I am focused on finding a...

Andyhan
replies: 0 views: 84
Andyhan 15 hours ago
replies: - views: -
gravyface 16 hours ago

Just purchased an SSL2+... sounds great from the computer the usual way but the reason I got it is for the Preamp and that...

Stealtheos
replies: 1 views: 117
gravyface 17 hours ago

I'm in the market for a new audio interface and I'm looking for input on these interfaces in particular: - MOTU 828ES - Antelope...

vwruuska
replies: 0 views: 101
vwruuska 18 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search