The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,186
Views: 2,186
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I always enjoy reading a quote by MJK about audio in general. I felt this one was a gem that needed to be shared, as people...

Antagonist
replies: 15 views: 572
din 30 minutes ago

Which headphones are the best for both recording vocals and mixing music (mostly rap and electronic music) under 100$? I made a...

michal12345
replies: 2 views: 3
michal12345 30 minutes ago

I have found that if I play and sing a song without a click, and then track overdubs afterward, it sounds a little sloppy but...

Yummerz
replies: 1,562 views: 28,430
u87allen 38 minutes ago
replies: 0 views: 1
michal12345 42 minutes ago

OK, giving away some things I didn't need yesterday was fun, and I even made a couple new friends in the process. There's a...

RawBeanZen
replies: 43,764 views: 2,318,591
Doctorgun 48 minutes ago

I know this can be interpreted as very open-ended, so let me clarify and be more specific. I mixed all ITB for the last year...

littlesicily
replies: 950 views: 48,418
cheu78 50 minutes ago

I am looking for a good quality hardware reverb to use as a send return in a mixer. I mostly use a sampler, a synth and a...

Langur
replies: 0 views: 8
Langur 1 hour ago

I am thinking to get an analog multiband compression to make the final lifting of a setup which is focused on an analog mixer. I...

Langur
replies: 3 views: 262
Langur 1 hour ago

Hi all! I keep coming back to Phoenix' Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix album, both for my sheer musical enjoyment of it but also as a...

terje_t
replies: 1 views: 196
Gertius 1 hour ago

Calling out 'round the world to... Folks like like Bob Ohlsson/Mike Tarsia/Bobby Eli/Bushman, et al, to chime on. Also welcome...

chessparov2.0
replies: 346 views: 11,699
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

Hey all! So, I'm guessing I might be in the minority here amongst millennial artists/producers, but I'm big on capturing a...

Kroc
replies: 71 views: 1,663
Ardis 1 hour ago

I'm interested in the SSL buss compressor. But Slates version and the Waves version have no stereo unlink mode. How can I...

Guitarking
replies: 0 views: 25
Guitarking 1 hour ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 3,747 views: 792,024
Ain't Nobody 1 hour ago

Based on videos from Doug Jenkins on line, the SSl Bus compressor has a sound that I prefer over the plug in's he A/B. I have...

Jason rocks
replies: 1 views: 192
Jason rocks 1 hour ago

Hi, been spending a break in Shenzhen China, now that shops are opening again (after Chinese New Year holidays) I went looking...

Hokut
replies: 2 views: 397
Norimaki 1 hour ago

My Fatman 1 has been the mainstay of giving me rather special vocal sounds through the years. Alas, distortion arrived and the...

makehits
replies: 1 views: 53
Matti 1 hour ago

Like the title reads... Whose the "real deal"? Thanks, Chris

chessparov2.0
replies: 52 views: 1,328
chessparov2.0 1 hour ago

While everyone seems to be obsessed with Neve clones and lunchboxes, I decided to go a different route and purchased a Manley...

thismercifulfate
replies: 13 views: 789
matucha 1 hour ago

Hey Guys, I am a singer songwriter with a small home studio looking to purchase a ribbon mic. I have decided on a ribbon mic...

jjoneill
replies: 76 views: 2,489
Wayne 2 hours ago

I've seen a lot of folks using mics positioned in front of the drummer's knee recently, between the top of the kick shell and the...

skycaptain
replies: 25 views: 1,039
joeq 2 hours ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,412 views: 101,364
Malkit 2 hours ago

Haven't heard much about this since they've been out. Saw the VK video and it seem nice enough but would be cool to hear from...

satmon
replies: 6 views: 382
satmon 2 hours ago

Sooo, 2 days ago I finally picked up my first analog synth. I had been window shopping and trolling craigslist for quite a while...

emoji
replies: 9 views: 1,416
proche3 2 hours ago

Hopefully this isn't too broad of an inquiry. I'm currently looking to start investing in a vocal chain of 500 Series units and a...

pritchardsmith
replies: 12 views: 424
Twenty Staxx 3 hours ago

Hello all! Just wanted to give you guys some updatse on our side as a lot of you were really interested in the products we...

Karpmentalise
replies: 0 views: 73
Karpmentalise 3 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking for a tape recorder and I found a Tascam 85-16B for 700€ near home. Unfortunately there are some problems in...

tr0x
replies: 3 views: 188
mrhappy 3 hours ago

Got a brand new blue baby bottle from zzsounds.com. I Live in India . Was in New York for a week so I got it there. Since I was...

rameet47
replies: 6 views: 272
MarkF48 3 hours ago

Bit confused about the routing options in the rosetta 200. I mainly been using it with an ID22 as I prefer the apogee conversion...

Chris Dover
replies: 4 views: 143
Midwood.Studio 3 hours ago

Has anyone tried these yet? Primacoustic - Acoustical Solutions It looks like they've put some thought into it. At the very...

rghose
replies: 178 views: 48,694
tablatom 3 hours ago

hi guys, I remember the old valley people website. black background, red colored fonts. I was able to download the...

George Necola
replies: 31 views: 10,289
Gunadoo 3 hours ago

Considering buying a 2nd hand Manley Vari-Mu..... Any tips on the various versions out there? Which serials to go for or...

contramark
replies: 11 views: 494
proxy 3 hours ago

Hi all, I want a cassette deck for general-purpose studio work (e.g., playback of old cassette recordings for conversion to...

Resort Records
replies: 12 views: 14,871
Jim Williams 3 hours ago

so, anyone got these already ? They seem to be already available in some places. They're supposed to be the successors to the...

spaceman
replies: 25 views: 1,609
r22 4 hours ago

Hi guys! Someone on my local craigslist is selling a Soundcraft Vienna console for 1800. It's in "good working...

bluefire98
replies: 1 views: 180
bluefire98 4 hours ago

So the assumption is that anything under 5ms is undetectable to the human ear. How true is this? I was testing out my...

vintagetones
replies: 26 views: 774
Brent Hahn 5 hours ago

In cardioid how similar do these mics sound? I'm looking for a pair for drum OH but the multi pattern is always very useful in...

KRStudio
replies: 12 views: 3,092
pkuchar 5 hours ago

Anywhere I can hear sounds from MELLOTRON Sound Card 02 and 03??

erike123
replies: 2 views: 277
erike123 6 hours ago

Hello! I did mics shoot out with: Slate VMS (clean, FG47, FG800, FG251) Manley Reference Cardioid AKG 414 XLS Audio-Technica...

rabinovich
replies: 7 views: 598
rabinovich 7 hours ago

So, I've been snooping around here for about a year now, and have just finally set myself up an account. I was searching for...

m.biggs5456
replies: 9 views: 3,619
rob S 7 hours ago

(Sorry for my bad inglish, i used the google translate to write this) For several weeks I've been looking for information,...

paresjavier
replies: 0 views: 142
paresjavier 7 hours ago

Just bought this little gem Dynacord Echocord Stereo (German Tube Tapedelay from 1959 / 1960) Any infos? Can't find much on the...

arlette
replies: 9 views: 569
tligen 9 hours ago

Let‘s share! Nevermind if it‘s an original, clone, plugin. It‘s about what‘s possible with the quirky and relatively...

andychamp
replies: 1 views: 192
thismercifulfate 10 hours ago

Wanted to say a Happy Birthday to the viking! and share a cool story of his audio life: Bruce could you recount this story?

KIDBILL
replies: 0 views: 169
KIDBILL 10 hours ago

I don't want to spend 1000+ dollars on an amplifier for NS10M's... I also want a total crap amp either.... Any recommendations...

fuzzface777
replies: 20 views: 10,663
kage 11 hours ago

I love the Blackface 1176 because of the tone it imparts on vocals - up front in the mix with subtle boost in high end. i.e. it...

jkung
replies: 0 views: 211
jkung 11 hours ago

I recently purchase the TASCAM DP-24 to record a project my band is working on as we wanted a different recording experience than...

edlc8
replies: 5 views: 1,541
RustyRafters 12 hours ago

I have a pair and they are amazing, but I’ll get to details of my ear opening experience after some gear sluttyness. The...

JosephC
replies: 74 views: 5,909
drewbonez 12 hours ago

Hi! I have a BLA173. I have it hooked up to a white sparrow AD converter and it sounds great. I have this racked up in a...

hellofishy
replies: 10 views: 956
drewbonez 12 hours ago

Hi, Dizengoff Audio website is down. They ain't got any FB page anymore. Someones know what happened?

frenkonio
replies: 3 views: 699
jpgerard 12 hours ago

Hello, Several years ago I bought a new Tascam 2488 Portastudio and it's still in the box. I've finally built my little...

foxwaves
replies: 19 views: 2,405
ruffrecords 12 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search