The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

You know besides the general thin sound. Was it because hifi systems of the time had a built in boosted low frequency curve?...

Darius1
replies: 163 views: 5,516
f33 1 minute ago

I seem to be experiencing that. What to use with what? You could sit here all day trying to find that and not record a goddamn...

BarcelonaMusic
replies: 10 views: 363
joeq 6 minutes ago

So I have sold off some synths that I got good money back from and that I don't use anymore. So the question is I want to...

Limit54
replies: 7 views: 188
DPower 9 minutes ago

I know this can be interpreted as very open-ended, so let me clarify and be more specific. I mixed all ITB for the last year...

littlesicily
replies: 808 views: 37,242
littlesicily 17 minutes ago

Hi, Dizengoff Audio website is down. They ain't got any FB page anymore. Someones know what happened?

frenkonio
replies: 1 views: 17
NathanEldred 26 minutes ago

Hey all, So I've been considering buying a kemper profiler for a while now for DI recording. The type of music I make is in...

carlessadam
replies: 1 views: 51
dc_r 26 minutes ago

Hey guys. Long time reader but it's my first post on GS. I need advice from singers and engineers! I spent hours in a studio...

Asim_Hussain
replies: 22 views: 325
dc_r 30 minutes ago

Hi all! So, I know there are a lot of mic shoot-out threads in this forum, but here's my spin: I'm preparing to record an...

Kroc
replies: 20 views: 405
TurboJets 44 minutes ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 1,416 views: 96,478
Yodah 45 minutes ago

looking for a "darker" vocal mic. i use for vocals michael joly hulk - very good, rode nt2a - mostly to bright and...

zinzin
replies: 292 views: 16,619
Paul_G 1 hour ago

Matched Preamp for stereo mics or can I get away with two flavors? It's for a stereo pair of M160 ribbons that live (mostly)...

drockfresh
replies: 14 views: 119
drockfresh 1 hour ago

I took delivery a few months back of a beautiful sounding Ampex ATR 2 track. The deck was set up for me when I bought it,...

Dave Reid
replies: 14 views: 1,328
waltzingbear 1 hour ago

I know a lot of people like this technique for recording drums with few mics, including me! I'm often amazed and intrigued by how...

Joniverse
replies: 1 views: 67
Joniverse 1 hour ago

Hey folks here we have 2 microphones with 2 very different prices and ages. The C24 is about $15k (okay it is stereo) The...

Paul_G
replies: 103 views: 2,594
SEED78 1 hour ago

I'm looking for a speaker that is akin to the Auratone 5Cs/Avantone Mixcubes in that it has a mid-range focused sound, giving me...

anonymoused
replies: 7 views: 859
TheKosherButcher 2 hours ago

Anyone using a subpack to monitor low end? What is your take on it? I can't use a sub because it's to loud but I really need...

Limit54
replies: 1 views: 80
stevelindsay 2 hours ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,201 views: 81,191
illacov 2 hours ago

Whenever plugged in doesn't pass any signal. Opened it up can't see any obvious problems.

TS-12
replies: 11 views: 251
Bryce 2 hours ago

Just wanted to recommend that literally every engineer / producer / musician look into some sort of room correction software. I...

YRLK
replies: 5 views: 241
souljahh 2 hours ago

It's been two years since I started the previous one, so here we go again. If you got it, flaunt it! I post mine in few days...

JoaT
replies: 79 views: 14,379
Madde 3 hours ago

I wasn't around at the time but I've seen a lot of photos of studios in the eighties and nineties, they had outboard gear but was...

Darius1
replies: 28 views: 1,095
joeq 3 hours ago

The GTQ2 has line-level unbalanced outputs. The Fireface 802 has mic/line inputs on front and line level inputs on back. What's...

Steelgtr224
replies: 5 views: 260
jwh1192 3 hours ago

So this is what my setup currently looks like: https://i.imgur.com/s59S4ir.jpg I mainly work on electronic music for TV and...

ohmicide
replies: 5 views: 250
Elmbeatz 3 hours ago

Replacing an older set of KRK Rokit 6 G2s which I had for a few years which were pretty muddy in my opinion. Here is general...

Lkdog
replies: 6 views: 228
andersmv 3 hours ago

OK so I keep hearing about all the gorgeous iconic tube mics to die for. What about FET's? For example I have an Oktava 319 and...

Ardis
replies: 19 views: 902
monkeyxx 3 hours ago

This fledgling Ukrainian company seems interesting. Makes various tube stuff, pedals to hi-fi amps. His first "studio"...

Mr Funk
replies: 144 views: 6,478
Mr Funk 4 hours ago

Way back when new tube LDCs were rare birds, the MXL V77 was touted by many as a great sounding tube mic. The net was filled with...

Rob Coates
replies: 2 views: 98
Funny Cat 4 hours ago

I am in the market for an analog console that would be on par (or better) that a Toft ATB. I'm curious about the Soundtracs...

uptoolate
replies: 32 views: 5,282
Funny Cat 4 hours ago

Cause I don't need all the different pickup patterns is the C212 close enough to the C414 but cheaper?

John lennon
replies: 13 views: 592
monkeyxx 4 hours ago

RE: Repairing SM8 Quests Monitors I would like to be able to repair these monitors as a feedback loop in a Live Studio...

christo333
replies: 0 views: 54
christo333 4 hours ago

If you could have a 100% tube 8 channel sidecar, about the size of the Neve PSM shown below, what features and facilities would...

ruffrecords
replies: 7 views: 271
ruffrecords 4 hours ago

I've recently bought an AKG D7 stage mic, which has a very clear top end, is transformerless, like a lot of the good old German...

MaxDM
replies: 0 views: 77
MaxDM 5 hours ago

Today, December 22, 2017, it is exactly two years since I sent my Charter Oak SCL-1 compressor back in for repair. It has not...

tlindaas
replies: 82 views: 5,680
John Willett 6 hours ago

I am just about to add another 8 channels of I/O to my setup, for a total of 16. I may go up to 24 channels. I also have a 24...

3rd Degree
replies: 2 views: 201
3rd Degree 6 hours ago

Community, if you don't mind i'd like your insight on DC Linking Compressors and perhaps more specifically the API 527...

Innerreach
replies: 0 views: 112
Innerreach 6 hours ago

My OCD has been bugging me about this one. Can't seem to find consistent use on this anywhere. I've found magazine articles +...

Charles Dye
replies: 231 views: 27,122
Pollo 11 hours ago

Hi, Just found this website. Never heard of this company but the clones look...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 18 views: 1,515
sidebstudio 11 hours ago

First, I'm posting this here because I'm looking for the opinion of those who use high end gear. I'm definitely going for high...

jackalope77
replies: 125 views: 8,826
zukan 12 hours ago

so i was thrift store shopping, and came across one of those old GE alarm clocks. definitely had one when i was a kid, (90s...

robotchicken
replies: 7 views: 297
Wayne 15 hours ago
replies: - views: -
datafeist 16 hours ago
sleepfc 18 hours ago

OK, giving away some things I didn't need yesterday was fun, and I even made a couple new friends in the process. There's a...

RawBeanZen
replies: 43,698 views: 2,293,275
foxwaves 19 hours ago

Well they have been out a while now I know there were issues at first. Have they worked these out. Are they good bad just using...

boomer81
replies: 3 views: 261
boomer81 19 hours ago

Greetings, Anyone out there in gear land using the Tegeler Audio Tube Summing Mixer? I’m interested in it. I’ve heard...

Nu-tra
replies: 0 views: 180
Nu-tra 19 hours ago

Hi, I’m a saxophonist, I play mainly alto, and a little soprano. Playing live I currently use a Behringer XM8500, but am...

DwarfCactus
replies: 2 views: 173
nnajar 20 hours ago

I just bought a Midas M32 back in November. I've already used it in Live and Studio environments. I know that it is supposed to...

jordanthurt
replies: 0 views: 168
jordanthurt 21 hours ago

Title pretty much says everything. I am no looking into the quality of the pres. Im just looking for the best solution...

makasi
replies: 6 views: 281
kennybro 22 hours ago

Any thoughts on best studio desk with 88 key keyboard drawer? Budget is max $1,500 Main interest is that there is limited...

xep3vu
replies: 4 views: 389
GregkoNYC 22 hours ago

I've been doing some pre-purchase searches regarding the LA2A vs LA 610's compressor. All I've found so far is the differences...

Wayne
replies: 36 views: 1,010
Wayne 22 hours ago
gregkat 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search