The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 386 views: 63,426
OliverOctave 1 day ago

Check it out: 99 NAMM videos in all their glory! kfhkh :cowbell: rockout :synth: freshflowe...

The Press Desk
replies: 7 views: 4,909
Drumsound 7th February 2020

I got a great bargain a few days ago on an RME HDSP 9652. I've been looking to make the upgrade over a USB interface for a while...

Gamo98
replies: 3 views: 66
Janne19691 1 minute ago

Just curious. Is anyone still using hardware reverb units in the studio since we have a LOT of awesome reverb plugins like...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 983 views: 80,602
deedeeyeah 5 minutes ago

making them move from itb to some outboard. would eventually like to have a few pres, couple comps, and a nice eq. would be using...

brokesnob
replies: 6 views: 70
thedissident 8 minutes ago

I've tried to deny it, but I have to face the grim facts, my wonderful Sony MDR-7509 headphones are not long for this world....

Strangechild
replies: 16 views: 1,483
deedeeyeah 13 minutes ago

I’ve just purchased a new MixPre-6 II and a Royer R-122 MkII. They are replacing a Zoom H6 and a Shure Beta58a. Upon my...

MayorAdamWest
replies: 1 views: 33
andychamp 20 minutes ago

Hi Everybody, I play violin and alto professionally and I need a mic to make home recordings of me (solo instrument) or small...

Seedra92
replies: 0 views: 1
Seedra92 30 minutes ago

FF to 29:45 where he voices his explicit opinion on using hardware to mix....

N1Greg
replies: 1,241 views: 52,274
IM WHO YOU THINK 34 minutes ago

Can anyone recommend a unit that combines all the same functions as a DBX 286s, but is superior? I can get one of these new...

konkon
replies: 13 views: 692
dwpthe3rd 43 minutes ago

Hi guys, My studio is currently a one room set up and at the moment my kit is on a rug which I can drag the whole kit around...

Szorn
replies: 19 views: 281
Szorn 48 minutes ago

I'm a noob regarding hardware but I'll try to keep it short: I'm looking for an affordable hardware unit with which I can run...

ChayaFFM
replies: 66 views: 2,786
sirjuxtable 1 hour ago

Does anyone know what this is? I see one for sale locally for $500.

play.exe
replies: 0 views: 24
play.exe 1 hour ago

Any good mics for recording grand piano on a budget? Anyone have any recordings of anything?

kijix84
replies: 8 views: 178
avare 1 hour ago

Hey y'all I'm looking to up my vocal and (electric) guitar recordings on the cheap - came into a bit of spare cash recently and...

ladydogbrain
replies: 2 views: 122
garytube 1 hour ago

There is a technique for getting your spaced stereo pair of microphones "in phase" before recording. It basically...

camomiletea
replies: 55 views: 914
psycho_monkey 2 hours ago

Hi everyone, Brand new member here, so I hope I'm in the right forum. I've been recording on and off in a very amateur fashion...

TheSLIP
replies: 17 views: 381
TheSLIP 2 hours ago

Anyone got any views on the grounding on patchbays? I have a star grounded studio (everything runs off my big furman...

Louis Bernstone
replies: 4 views: 4,259
NamelessUnknown 2 hours ago
replies: - views: -
gravyface 3 hours ago

Art Prochannel II Buzz Problem I’ve been fighting with getting this preamp to work properly for months and months now, after...

tomwardplz
replies: 37 views: 6,534
mattrico 3 hours ago

Was wondering if these units complement each other well. Already have a Jim Williams modded Lex Lxp-1, Roland Srv 2000 which...

grahamexclaime
replies: 3 views: 1,108
pootkao 3 hours ago

I am curious what preset (or with mods) people like the most on the Lexicon PCM92 for vocals - especially lead vocal? Thank...

AB3
replies: 0 views: 75
AB3 3 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 4,371 views: 972,583
ardis 4 hours ago

I’d like to introduce this thread by a review of to classic reggae albums that are on my point of view also two of the best...

David1085
replies: 419 views: 59,390
Funny Cat 4 hours ago

Over the last decade or so, the only small condenser microphones I've used are the KM 184 D, some discontinued Cascade ones...

Per Lichtman
replies: 19 views: 404
sirjuxtable 4 hours ago

Okay, real simple. I have all three of these microphones and thought I would upload some tracks for your illumination since I...

Dokterrock
replies: 15 views: 458
chessparov2.0 4 hours ago
replies: 1,840 views: 158,199
rixscix 5 hours ago

Hey All, This is another thread where I'm looking for suggestions on future purchases that can't happen right away. I've...

sirjuxtable
replies: 12 views: 431
sirjuxtable 5 hours ago

I really like my new pair of HS8 and been working with them some months now... but yesterday I start tracking a Fender Rhodes and...

sw_
replies: 33 views: 994
Alchemist_ 6 hours ago

Hi there. I messaged Timbaland's studio manager on Twitter – as he was new to Twitter – and he basically told me that the...

Gear Celibacy
replies: 6 views: 3,252
stu2 6 hours ago

Hi guys! Im looking for a way to have a few inputs for headphones in my studio. For now there is only 1 that comes from my...

soilworker24
replies: 3 views: 116
DirkP 7 hours ago

I've pretty much narrowed it down between the two. Has anyone had both of these in the room and compared? Curious on thoughts?

melodic dreamer
replies: 42 views: 1,555
Alchemist_ 7 hours ago

You know what I mean. We've all got 'em! Ok, I'll go first; Why does a graphic waveform have top and bottom shapes that aren't...

juicylime
replies: 6,263 views: 646,459
DarkSky Media 7 hours ago

Hi. I am looking for a headphone around the £100 Mark to be closed back and relativy portable. I use HD650 for my main studio...

djfearny
replies: 7 views: 228
Oper 8 hours ago

Is there a way of linking a studio 'RECORDING' light to the recording control of a DAW?

filmcomposer
replies: 4 views: 231
Glamrock80 8 hours ago

Hi There, I have a pair of Yamaha NS1m studio speakers which I have started to use again recently. However, I have...

MiMi
replies: 3 views: 93
MiMi 8 hours ago

Before you take your wig off or get your knickers twisted, this ain't no software Vs hardware debate gooof Just a mixing...

blinkybill86
replies: 22 views: 497
joeq 8 hours ago

Hi folks, I'm tracking an album for my band at the beginning of next month and I'm looking to buy something to colourful to...

Light Grenade
replies: 19 views: 1,046
drBill 8 hours ago

Hi there! Id like to buy a pair of hi end headphones for mixing and mastering purposes, I always liked using cans for that, I...

MADA
replies: 27 views: 1,695
David Carlyon 8 hours ago

Hello, this is my first Post while reading here a lot. Iam Mixing mainly on Speakers but while my room is not that good and my...

Griffo
replies: 22 views: 1,340
PdotDdot 8 hours ago

Hi all, I’m currently in the market for a pair of monitors for my small apartment. I currently have a set of HS8s in my main...

usrockband
replies: 5 views: 186
play.exe 9 hours ago

Seems midas are to release some 500 series modules and klark teknik gave got vintage eq and comp racks too, Haven't seen any...

DGL
replies: 56 views: 17,300
akessler 9 hours ago

Hi all, Obviously I am not the only one who is using old Soundcraft desks, and since Soundcraft does not stock parts from the...

livingloud
replies: 107 views: 7,844
djreckless 9 hours ago

During this quarantine I’ve been watching lots of pro mixers and producers talking about how they made several hit songs, and I...

FranciscoFrugoni
replies: 84 views: 2,762
chessparov2.0 10 hours ago

Hi I have a small home studio. Probably too much gear! It is not currently setup/cabled/configured to make it easy (or...

brightonbob
replies: 0 views: 84
brightonbob 10 hours ago

Hello - long time reader here... I'm building out a studio room above my garage and working on gear purchases for a project. I...

FriarTuck
replies: 28 views: 1,219
David Rick 11 hours ago

Whats up guys! Haven't seen anyone compare these two other than what's advertised. I've got the original and I'm wondering if it...

Drumnbass411
replies: 5 views: 660
johnd5412 11 hours ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 2,939 views: 315,093
Brent Hahn 13 hours ago

I've been looking to buy a CAPI VP 28. Is there a general consensus on which opamps are the best? I've been thinking about...

nomekop2000
replies: 4 views: 223
nomekop2000 13 hours ago

Hey guys, wondering what kind of reverb there is on these vocals. Sounds like a plate, but I could be wrong. Also sounds a bit...

fabianr
replies: 2 views: 158
vernier 13 hours ago

Hey, So I've been interested in using tape for a while and took the plunge, ordering a Fostex R8 reel to reel tape machine....

ThirdEye
replies: 22 views: 2,546
DrogueStar 14 hours ago

the "outside the speakers" super wide stereo image... anyone know how to do this? i was tooling with this last night...

robotchicken
replies: 10 views: 405
melodic dreamer 15 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search