The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 366 views: 60,929
Aerolutions 7 hours ago

Check it out: 99 NAMM videos in all their glory! kfhkh :cowbell: rockout :synth: freshflowe...

The Press Desk
replies: 7 views: 4,737
Drumsound 7th February 2020

I’ve been gradually moving more towards delays than reverbs, both on guitars and mixing. I had the Strymon Volante for a few...

andersmv
replies: 11 views: 218
andersmv 18 minutes ago

Ive started recording drums in an old church using shotgun microphones facing the ceiling as a wide pair, and sounds unreal. I...

beau_mckee
replies: 23 views: 316
edva 19 minutes ago

FF to 29:45 where he voices his explicit opinion on using hardware to mix....

N1Greg
replies: 1,073 views: 46,894
Sharp11 19 minutes ago

Hello, Just curious, any opinions on miking an acoustic guitar with three mics. Say a stereo pair of Neumann 184’s and a...

ob1
replies: 2 views: 61
edva 24 minutes ago

Sorry. I know the question sounds a bit lame but really didn't know how else to ask it. I only have a Rode Nt1a and I really like...

camomiletea
replies: 28 views: 1,354
edva 37 minutes ago

Good Morning Good Morning! In a situation where I'm ready to do the 'bigger/better' monitor upgrade. I've done some research...

geddydawg
replies: 8 views: 389
N1Greg 38 minutes ago

Seems like the gap is getting wider and wider all the time between the “1%,” the artists with major-label backing and radio...

Brent Hahn
replies: 2,995 views: 88,768
joeq 55 minutes ago

in the talk of low end but good sounding analog consoles, the names heard the most are the midas venice, older soundcraft (600's,...

soultrane
replies: 79 views: 29,743
jrakarl 1 hour ago

Hi all, I'm a bedroom artist and mostly record my own voice and guitar, and piano as well in my modest home studio (acoustic...

funkybenjy
replies: 29 views: 432
edva 1 hour ago

Hey guys, I’m in the process of finishing up vocals for my first EP. I’ve recorded everything using an AT4050 condenser,...

willmarshall
replies: 30 views: 1,364
DistortingJack 1 hour ago
replies: 1,824 views: 156,973
Wizards Machine 1 hour ago

I'm in the midst of getting some better monitors (not that KH120's are any slouch... they've been great), as well as some really...

smitty.west
replies: 32 views: 310
Frankie Mumbles 1 hour ago

I’m looking for a nice LDC that will be used mainly for acoustic guitar and voice. I already have a pair of KM184’s but...

Luca79
replies: 4 views: 169
plainofjars 2 hours ago

Let's say you REALLY want to get your hands on a metal-knob 33609, but don't have 8,000-9,000 lying around. What's the next best...

Peter Craft
replies: 0 views: 49
Peter Craft 2 hours ago

I've never really heard this discussed much and I realize I may take some flak on this one. ;-) I'm just wondering if I'm alone...

starcrash13
replies: 30 views: 778
Silvertone 2 hours ago

I think this needs its own thread! not much talk about them...

RightOnRome
replies: 261 views: 32,758
ASiK 3 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 4,369 views: 971,084
kirito 3 hours ago

MXL 2000* Some typos in the title. Long shot. Trying to fix one here but I've no idea of the where the wires should be going!

Friedfingaz
replies: 0 views: 69
Friedfingaz 3 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm trying to put together a modest home studio together, and dont want to skimp on the area of sound recording as I...

meraxes
replies: 11 views: 10,766
skillz335 3 hours ago

Mkh 418* Is it actually a decent vocal mic or is the sound production just incredibly good? Paste studio have a similar concept...

Friedfingaz
replies: 23 views: 783
Brent Hahn 3 hours ago

Hi, haven't been able to find an answer to this probably very simple question. How does one connect the TX5C Link cable from one...

engmix
replies: 0 views: 62
engmix 3 hours ago

Just curious. Is anyone still using hardware reverb units in the studio since we have a LOT of awesome reverb plugins like...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 951 views: 78,539
italo de angelis 3 hours ago

During this quarantine I’ve been watching lots of pro mixers and producers talking about how they made several hit songs, and I...

FranciscoFrugoni
replies: 70 views: 1,900
avare 3 hours ago

Hi guys! I absolutely love the way the voiceover sounds on every Armin Van Buuren mix: Armin Van Buuren - A State Of Trance...

Graal
replies: 2 views: 3,736
LXIX 4 hours ago

I was able to get my hands on an AKG SolidTube from my old job the only thing missing was the mic to power supply cable. I know...

ablackwell87
replies: 0 views: 56
ablackwell87 4 hours ago

Hi all I recently got an SSL Nucleus (1st series as I can't stand white), a bit scared after reading some comments over here,...

rofus
replies: 99 views: 21,147
rofus 4 hours ago

What are the must have albums to expand your creativity as an engineer or mixing engineer? Go.

erock
replies: 151 views: 18,336
agstreyiii 4 hours ago

I purchased Arturia’s V collection recently and am overall very happy with it. I particularly enjoy their version of the...

a.m. son
replies: 0 views: 55
a.m. son 4 hours ago

I am discovering a serious problem with RECORDING THE BEATLES by Ryan & Kehew. This is a very large book and I am having a...

midnightsun
replies: 128 views: 11,339
Dr. Mordo 4 hours ago

Dear Gearslutz members is anyone heard the new Rcf Ayra PRO studio monitors? I used older one about 5 years, they are...

Fings
replies: 15 views: 1,251
cats12 5 hours ago

how prevelant was/is it? can you guys hear it on some of the 80s classics... which ones?

robotchicken
replies: 6 views: 257
thethrillfactor 5 hours ago

I'm looking for 4 channels of clean or slightly colored AD/DA converters plus a USB of Firewire interface in a $1k range budget...

KarlRKaiser
replies: 12 views: 3,968
Chuck_S 5 hours ago

Hi guys, My main mic is a Shure SM7B, which basically covers everything I do (metal vocals, from raspy to death metal). I...

Leovan83
replies: 6 views: 1,262
vasylek 5 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm looking at purchasing a tape machine and I'm hoping someone can help steer me in the right direction. I make...

stephenb
replies: 14 views: 386
EvilRoy 5 hours ago

I'm playing with the thought of sending some mixes from the DAW through a 2-track tape machine and directly back into the DAW. Is...

erike123
replies: 6 views: 291
plainofjars 6 hours ago

Hi, friends. I have made a test for mic preamps with hi-gain guitars. What do you think about it? Preamps in test:...

dr_pavlic
replies: 0 views: 65
dr_pavlic 6 hours ago

Hello! does anybody know how/where can I get a shockmount for the ksm32? can´t find the original, seemslike it´s not available...

qwert
replies: 4 views: 1,275
MarkF48 6 hours ago

So I'm now in a spot where I can't mic anything or turn anything up....I do instrumental stuff so no vocals needed. I'm...

Unknown soldier
replies: 4 views: 97
Unknown soldier 7 hours ago

Hello everyone, I've been lurking on the forum for ages, just never bothered to make an account as most information is already...

Ferst
replies: 2 views: 239
jimmydeluxe 7 hours ago

Two other people are calling in on skype. I want to record them on separate channels in DAW. is this possible?

fairchildren
replies: 3 views: 225
thenoodle 7 hours ago

Hello Gentlemen im new to the forum and was doing some research to make some new additions in the studio. I wanted to know...

R.E.X
replies: 2 views: 286
Ty Ford 8 hours ago

Friends, I have a chance to get a good price on this old man SENNHEISER G1 EW100 seems in good condition, is it worth it? THANKS

ezeaudio
replies: 2 views: 140
ezeaudio 8 hours ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 4,241 views: 383,093
chessparov2.0 8 hours ago

I'm looking for a way to send audio from daw into multiple wireless headphones via bluetooth. This is for an installation like...

Soundslikefog
replies: 1 views: 344
Ty Ford 8 hours ago

ok i'm bored so here's a list of what i could find, searching on youtube, interviews.... A lot of top 40 stuff here, sorry, but...

invalidusername
replies: 147 views: 70,332
JLast 8 hours ago

We've decided to go for a big upgrade starting with a new mic. This will be our first high-end mic. We've decided on a U47...

DougS
replies: 81 views: 21,805
FOURTHTUNZ 8 hours ago

Hi there Bought my MC 2.1 a couple of years ago. Thought that other parts of my setup were distorting at high levels, but now...

InTheBox
replies: 26 views: 3,966
msflsim 8 hours ago

I've decided to use all this downtime to finally get some good quality recording done and wanted to go all out (relative to my...

smitty.west
replies: 3 views: 125
thismercifulfate 8 hours ago

Hi there, I've already looked up a dozen of articles about focusrite's Saffire Pro40 and the Octopre MKii in different forums....

Aerolutions
replies: 0 views: 56
Aerolutions 9 hours ago

As mtr 90 thread, can we also have a thread for MX80 users on tips, finding spares, fault finding, sharing any ideas about the...

haystack
replies: 102 views: 9,803
joe hammer 9 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search