The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I just read this, I've never been there nor I have have any financial interest, but I think it's worth sharing.. and this part of...

cheu78
replies: 58 views: 2,258
thenoodle 15 hours ago

Hi Slutz, I've been thinking a lot lately about the term "production" with regards to records, and I am hoping to...

mahler007
replies: 40 views: 6,114
Brent Hahn 1 minute ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,495 views: 112,994
JGM 6 minutes ago

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a Tube Preamp for vocals. I currently have an Allen & Heath Qu-16 for my audio interface. I...

rschlierbeck
replies: 53 views: 1,020
Marc Neibauer 8 minutes ago

2 related questions: Has anybody ever made a FET mic that had a continuously variable pattern potentiometer like the M49? I...

cmichnovicz
replies: 7 views: 375
Marc Neibauer 10 minutes ago

I have an Apollo Twin with Quad processing, an SM7B and a Cloudlifter. I've recently made a thread asking for help with some hiss...

mcj.joseph7
replies: 6 views: 330
theblue1 11 minutes ago

I mix on a pair of Yamaha NS10m studios w/sub. But I’ve learned the hard way not to crank the ns10s as I blew a tweeter, I was...

bleep
replies: 17 views: 607
bitman 22 minutes ago

Am about to go shopping for a mic to record an upright bass. What is a good mic for this? Thanks in advance, Tom

tvolhein
replies: 38 views: 25,414
Marc Neibauer 43 minutes ago

So, I have my computer, monitors, interface and pre amp all plugged into the same Furman power conditioner. I just set up some...

UncleCharlie
replies: 0 views: 1
UncleCharlie 50 minutes ago

Hi Slutz, I’m looking to get another vocal mic (or 2) that’s also good for recording acoustic guitar. Could anyone give me...

Djkirk
replies: 8 views: 356
Djkirk 1 hour ago

I have two Shure Unidyne III SM57 microphones, but today I did an actual a/b comparison. I noticed they sounded different. I know...

CRK
replies: 2 views: 166
CRK 1 hour ago

Message me if you have one you are looking to sell!

Anadivine816
replies: 0 views: 38
Anadivine816 1 hour ago

Soooo......I bought a pair of these DIYRE EQP5's, thinking man, they are so cheap and the youtube thing from the Swedes make them...

Karloff70
replies: 4 views: 104
drBill 1 hour ago

I have an U87Ai paired with Avalon M5. Sometimes it sounds good, big, smooth. Other times I hate it. It is a bright and very...

Bmtblader
replies: 2 views: 188
VO Guy 1 hour ago

What's good? I was set on buying a new pair of headphones but was reconsidering my choices after getting some good feedback...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 1 views: 81
ZEF 2 hours ago

So my clients mostly have me mix their sessions if they get them mixed at all. But lately some of my new clients have asked for...

Yenrah
replies: 21 views: 773
Brent Hahn 2 hours ago

Just out of curiosity, how many of you took the pro tools certification courses? ablian

crying1986
replies: 41 views: 5,376
DrBig74 2 hours ago

Hi all, First post on here, hope I've landed in the right place. In a nutshell, I'm moving house soon and will finally have...

achillespilot
replies: 1 views: 226
bestbeforetoday 3 hours ago

EQP-KT | Equalizers | Signal Processors | Klarkteknik | Categories | MUSIC Group Price anyone?

t-bone
replies: 940 views: 107,862
Chriscowie 3 hours ago

There dont seem to be synths that are both great analog/VA poly but that also do a proper piano sound.... even the Nord lines...

GJ999x
replies: 5 views: 400
James Lehmann 3 hours ago

Good day! I've decided to incorporate drums into my studio to record, but I'm currently running a UA Apollo Silver Twin with a...

kev1n28
replies: 12 views: 431
bowzin 4 hours ago

Hey guys, I found an older Otari bouncing track thread, but it didn't quite give me the opinions I'm after. I have a Fostex...

KingsX
replies: 10 views: 276
KingsX 4 hours ago

Is the only way to use the microshift stereo patch with a mono vocal track to double it up in a DAW and nudge one by a few ms?...

janalex
replies: 0 views: 80
janalex 4 hours ago

Let's talk about bricks. Have you compared bricks for the back wall or other walls? Old irregular hand made brick? Slag brick...

trauha
replies: 1 views: 149
Mertmo 5 hours ago

Hello everyone, I need a new 6 pin XLR cable for my audio Technica 4060... Anybody know where I can get one in Canada or...

Gduron
replies: 1 views: 311
Gduron 5 hours ago

So I've seen an ad for a combo of Genelec 8320A SAM plus the sub 7350A. Any quick opinions on whether they could be a significant...

thedberg
replies: 18 views: 1,454
yatahaze 6 hours ago

Hey guys, has anyone used the Vintage Audio MSL-TX VCA Buss Comp? I've read on GS that people really love what they do but I...

milkmeat
replies: 3 views: 974
Gutz 7 hours ago

Hi everybody, have you ever tried the KH80 and compare with Genelecs 8020D or 8030C? which are the main differences? I can...

yatahaze
replies: 13 views: 526
yatahaze 7 hours ago

Hello all! Just wanted to give you guys some updatse on our side as a lot of you were really interested in the products we...

Karpmentalise
replies: 40 views: 2,080
Ells 7 hours ago

Hi people, anybody used one of these for mixing to from theyre DAW..? Im interested in getting one, can anyone shed light on...

Fezzle
replies: 36 views: 14,607
jetam 8 hours ago

Hi all, Is it better to mix at lower volume levels or higher volume levels? Or does it not make a difference Thanks...

ob1
replies: 24 views: 1,139
mymuse77 8 hours ago

ezP1A-500 - Program Equaliser - API 500 series format The ezP1A-500 is a passive filter with a classic Class A gain make-up...

heavengroove
replies: 4 views: 664
SAdj 9 hours ago

So I ordered a ribbon mic and was just wondering about the figure 8 thing..I have good preamps with plenty of power, but does it...

BarcelonaMusic
replies: 15 views: 506
lumpfish 10 hours ago

For the first Van Halen record, which sounds very small and thin drum-wise to me, what kind of drumset and snare did he use, and...

noah440
replies: 14 views: 775
phanlon 12 hours ago

Greetings! I was given an original OB SEM. I have been trying to see if this module even works, but since it is controlled...

bjamin9
replies: 2 views: 291
Westlaker 12 hours ago

So I have a studio that I sometimes make money from, but I'm really trying to eventually become a professional composer and...

Spano
replies: 8 views: 444
Singlecutz 12 hours ago

I have 4 channels of Brent Averill 1272 that I bought from Brent about 20 years ago; with the original Neve parts. They are in...

wildplum
replies: 4 views: 277
Nu-tra 12 hours ago

After hours of reading, I gave up. I’m gonna buy two mics. The Neumann u87ai as the safe choice, and one other as the mojo-mic...

Saturations
replies: 30 views: 1,411
Blaine Misner 12 hours ago

Somebody sugested EV, But I have no idea of the model, or they are not EV? Thanks! ...

Mozart
replies: 6 views: 457
Blaine Misner 12 hours ago

OK, giving away some things I didn't need yesterday was fun, and I even made a couple new friends in the process. There's a...

RawBeanZen
replies: 43,925 views: 2,345,434
foxwaves 13 hours ago

I just got a pair of Lomo K4-6 EQs (impulse purchase, but shouldn't have a problem reselling them). They seem to be para-graphic...

CRK
replies: 0 views: 143
CRK 13 hours ago

Hi there, one quick question to lawyers about royalty rights in terms of PRESET NAMES in virtual instruments and FX-plugins. Can...

LonDonsen
replies: 6 views: 869
gsilbers 14 hours ago

I can't get an answer from Akai on what the barrel size is for the DC input on the MPK88. My guess is they want me to buy their...

gradivus
replies: 4 views: 218
gradivus 14 hours ago

I've heard several tests where they do the real mic against the modelled one. While I think VMS does a good job capturing the...

erike123
replies: 398 views: 35,187
Joesarahh 16 hours ago

I know it's their dime but...what do you do with a client that nit piks every tiny detail of the mix and wants constant changes...

Rob Coates
replies: 168 views: 5,328
Lance Lawson 17 hours ago

So what I'm trying to do here is figure out how to improve my setup with around a $5,000 budget. I know that sometimes the best...

Bond117
replies: 31 views: 1,288
Singlecutz 17 hours ago

Hi All, So - I've got a question for you all on trying to find out what this plugin is actually doing to the sound. I've...

arjunchawda
replies: 1 views: 269
arjunchawda 17 hours ago

Im running a BLA modded UA Silver Twin. I need more inputs and was leaning very heavily towards getting a 4-710d to get 4...

kev1n28
replies: 0 views: 152
kev1n28 17 hours ago

Link to shootout files is kind of buried, so here it is at the top: Box Hi all - I recently got this mod done and put together...

Gammon2004
replies: 28 views: 1,541
Joesarahh 17 hours ago

Hi. I need some opinions for the smartest investment for buying studio gear. Current recording setup: Warm Audio WA12-500...

NikolajD
replies: 13 views: 713
dickiefunk 17 hours ago

I love the Dangerous Source Monitor Controller but it can't collapse stereo to mono. I'm simply looking for a box that I can...

janalex
replies: 4 views: 321
lexluthor 18 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search