The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I could play the bassline one octave higher up and leave the kick drum in the lowest octave but would that be enough? Should...

camomiletea
replies: 31 views: 498
chrisso 4 minutes ago

Hello, I´ve recorded a classical guitar using a spaced pair of omnis and also, at a closer distance, a pair of cardioids. The...

Herman Heil
replies: 35 views: 916
deedeeyeah 14 minutes ago

Up close to instruments, I mean.. I normally record in a rehearsal studio, live, with SD card recorders & sd mics. Mostly...

patti fundament
replies: 4 views: 48
patti fundament 40 minutes ago

I've been wondering for awhile why most of us prefer the sound of analog gear generally speaking. Yes, I know digital has come a...

Gears
replies: 6,304 views: 190,191
StarfishMusic 1 hour ago

Anybody saw these?! Instagram That's exciting!

laperlestudio
replies: 382 views: 33,867
skycaptain 1 hour ago

<SNIP - no politics> Personally I'm trying hard to avoid buying made in China products but I'm finding it very hard to...

Lethem
replies: 131 views: 4,832
Lethem 2 hours ago

So, like most engineers, I used DAT a lot in the 90's etc. I have multiple tapes of various recordings that I did way back then....

KingsX
replies: 7 views: 228
James Lehmann 2 hours ago

Hi there, I've been putting together a tech spec for a cuban band who are about to do a UK tour. They have a cajon which up...

owenoftheshire
replies: 23 views: 16,943
The Listener 2 hours ago

Hi everyone, Here is my questionning: I've got a 8 channel preamp that I love (Yamaha HA8) and I want to use it rather than...

fictionman
replies: 4 views: 154
fictionman 3 hours ago

Hey guys... and sorry! I know the Tannoy topic may very well be annoying to some, but I couldn't find my answer. No-So-Short...

DannVal
replies: 16 views: 1,937
ginetto61 3 hours ago

Question with a Poll.... Who makes the best modern 87 clone? The benchmark is 60's / 70's U87i versions right? So... In...

anguswoodhead
replies: 72 views: 1,604
Bradahman 3 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 4,660 views: 1,028,382
B.Collins 3 hours ago

I see so many of these posts. Do you pass on helping someone because the person is anonymous and doesn't post where they live? ...

GYMusic
replies: 3 views: 83
Drumsound 4 hours ago

Just thought it would be cool to "Centralize" conversation, Oktava audio clips "in action", etc. All...

chessparov2.0
replies: 375 views: 28,754
Maraan 4 hours ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 4,728 views: 443,916
b0se 4 hours ago

Hello, I am looking to upgrade my monitors. I believe I have decided on the Genelec 8351B's. However, I already have a Trinnov...

Braunjd2
replies: 0 views: 50
Braunjd2 4 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade from my reliable but hollow sounding audio technica AT2020. As its the new year, I'd like to treat...

id0ntkn0w
replies: 65 views: 3,694
b0se 4 hours ago

Hi Forum I have pair of genelec 8040s monitors and now i am searching for a subwoofer. My question is... Can i use the...

AlogicUser
replies: 3 views: 557
Joe Hill 4 hours ago

I have a Shure KSM-44 that is one of the first generations, and that I also bought used. Last night I switched it into OMNI and...

spacesounds
replies: 9 views: 226
spacesounds 5 hours ago

Hello, I have a Rode nt1-a and a focusrite scarlett solo, My raw vocals sound really really distorted and I don't know why,...

Louuurd
replies: 18 views: 257
justmusic 5 hours ago

Hello all! Just wanted to give you guys some updatse on our side as a lot of you were really interested in the products we...

Karpmentalise
replies: 574 views: 54,069
Patrick_ 5 hours ago

Hey After much talking from me in previous older threads, I decided to buy a Drawmer CMC3 from Thomann. I'be used lots of...

SLL
replies: 34 views: 3,380
laneo 6 hours ago

I have been running sound for my son's band for the past year or so. Recently, we added some better stage lighting to increase...

scadh
replies: 13 views: 250
ChrisNunchuck 6 hours ago

Hi all, I recently received my custom LA-2A from Chris Yetter at Audio-Scape Engineering. He was amazing to work with and I...

rjb5191
replies: 136 views: 22,682
griploc_1981 6 hours ago

Hey there, The Voodoo VR2 seems to have some good reviews although there aren't much written about that mic. Any feedback...

Absalone
replies: 16 views: 341
axisdreamer 7 hours ago

Hi, I am looking for small powered desktop/computer Speakers that can bring something new for mixing. I mean a speaker that can...

SonicStrike
replies: 4 views: 169
RBHan 7 hours ago

Hi all. I'm back lol. So a few weeks ago, I asked about the wa14 vs the wa87. I ended up getting the wa14 which is a great...

liv4ree
replies: 22 views: 12,770
themixtape 8 hours ago

I play in an 80s style thrash metal band and we've just taken on a new guitarist and we've been messing around trying to get our...

Force89
replies: 3 views: 167
fhames 8 hours ago

Are there any below 10db? I've read about the reasons why large diaphragm condensers are quieter than small diaphragm from...

barney69
replies: 10 views: 1,276
bill5 8 hours ago

Anybody have any experience recording hammered dulcimers? I'm pretty poor so the nicest mics I've ever had were <$200 usd...

sleepcycle
replies: 4 views: 205
fhames 8 hours ago

Hey guys. I am looking to send my pro tools outputs 1-2 through spdif (out of Orion) to the spdif input of my dangerous source...

socool135
replies: 0 views: 63
socool135 8 hours ago

Hi I watched a video a while ago where a guy stripped down a tape recording machine and set the recorder head and the play hear...

Well Done Harold
replies: 4 views: 86
Well Done Harold 8 hours ago

I recently bought a pair of se electronics se8 and rode nt55 microphones. I wanted to compare the self noise of each...

nonotza
replies: 26 views: 3,892
DistortingJack 9 hours ago

Hello everyone, do anyone know the name of type of synth used for this sound in the background? Very common but i wouldnt know...

alicante
replies: 0 views: 108
alicante 11 hours ago

Hi guys! Long time lurker, first time poster. I made some Lukather presets for the Axe-Fx 2 a couple of years ago, and I got...

guitarnerdswe
replies: 1 views: 165
guitarnerdswe 11 hours ago

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has both of these mics and could compare the differences (especially on acoustic guitar)....

Braunjd2
replies: 6 views: 2,804
bicarbone 11 hours ago

Hi Gearslutz community, my name is Sev, I am currently doing a Music production course in the UK. I am building my home...

Sev
replies: 10 views: 326
Skol303 12 hours ago

Hi, I bought myself a Tascam Model 24 and turns out, it was a great decision. I'm very happy will all features, but now I have...

djjascha
replies: 4 views: 117
djjascha 13 hours ago

Hello everyone. I try to acoustically treat my room a bit, which is very problematic. I bought 2 basstrap EQ acoustic. I also...

bilal.robin
replies: 4 views: 200
bilal.robin 13 hours ago

I think this needs its own thread! not much talk about them...

RightOnRome
replies: 285 views: 42,371
Ox Han 13 hours ago

I'm curious where diode bridge/Neve-style compression fits into the landscape of compressor types. What's it best at? When I hear...

fromthepuggle
replies: 55 views: 8,844
Bassmankr 14 hours ago

I'm looking to upgrade from my Mackie HR824's (Mark 1 Original). At first I was thinking the Adam Audio A7x but now I'm leaning...

thirdwise
replies: 1 views: 137
[email protected] 15 hours ago

I was looking on gear4music today because im looking to buy some new gear and I spotted some hidden gems which ive not seen...

djwaxxy
replies: 126 views: 28,787
Ox Han 15 hours ago

Hi folks, new here so: Hello! I'm doing some tests for audiobook narration. Could you rate how bad my Sibilance is maybe...

Nate99
replies: 33 views: 378
Nate99 16 hours ago

Hi. I’m hoping I can get some answers here from the cognoscenti as to what equipment I need to listen to music I’ve recorded...

Joe Hill
replies: 21 views: 435
newguy1 18 hours ago

Hello ! I want to buy new hardware for my homestudio. At the moment I am working with the Behringer DDX 3216 which is...

Doctor_Tone
replies: 14 views: 4,548
MediaGary 18 hours ago

Has anyone noticed some sites are no longer carrying the 73jr and have a message saying "no longer available"?...

Ox Han
replies: 5 views: 371
Ox Han 18 hours ago

Anyone attending knows whether Mellotron have a stand on Musikmesse of if they're even there? Really curious to know if anyone...

retractablezing
replies: 100 views: 19,521
retractablezing 19 hours ago

Hey Gang This is an older piece, and I don't know if anyone here is using one, but I just acquired one and I need some help....

e_just
replies: 2 views: 94
e_just 19 hours ago

I responded in the thread "Which 1/2 rack compressor should i get?" and the OP posted that GAP was coming out with an...

tuvanh25
replies: 414 views: 80,058
JLast 20 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search