The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The Reason Most ITB mixes don’t Sound as good as Analog mixes. This is a repost from another thread. Hope you find it...

Skip Burrows
replies: 7,852 views: 1,232,156
Wayne 1 minute ago

I don't know what this thing is but it's about as drop dead gorgeous as a piece of hardware can get. Anyone use one? The eye...

Lance Lawson
replies: 21 views: 1,970
monkeyxx 8 minutes ago

i have the old 87 style shell ADK area 51 tt tube i'm sending back as i think tube is going and it's not an easy...

Sigma
replies: 1 views: 45
monkeyxx 26 minutes ago

Hey guys, I'm currently recording my own vocals through a Rode NT1-A, directly into a Scarlett 2i4; I also record guitar...

jcstewart
replies: 19 views: 373
jcstewart 33 minutes ago

Hello, I am having a problem with my IGS one LA. The unit is being powered through a Heritage audio OST-4 that I keep unplugged...

jeb stuart
replies: 36 views: 1,630
James7800 37 minutes ago

Black Friday is coming up and for me, it's always been pretty underwhelming for audio gear: sure, the plugins are pretty cheap,...

gravyface
replies: 1 views: 42
monkeyxx 38 minutes ago

YouTube How do I get close to this vocal sound? What type of mic do you think was used? A ribbon?

Zinc2005
replies: 0 views: 1
Zinc2005 40 minutes ago

Just now, I took a look at the new forum up top about the top 10 mix bus devices. I'll probably never own or use any of them, so...

Brent Hahn
replies: 10 views: 257
MYN 45 minutes ago

Hi all! So, I know there are a lot of mic shoot-out threads in this forum, but here's my spin: I'm preparing to record an...

Kroc
replies: 174 views: 7,279
Voice and Sax 54 minutes ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 2,671 views: 191,603
szyam 58 minutes ago

I thought it would be interesting to start a pole showing what most of us are charging per hour for studio time. (with engineer) ...

radiant
replies: 70 views: 24,596
ardis 1 hour ago

Hello, in case you are interested in recording Oud (Arab or Turkish instrument), here is a sample of recording using Neumann...

rojaros
replies: 2 views: 81
rojaros 1 hour ago

I pulled out my Mackie 802 VLZ (the most recent version with the Onyx preamps) and to my surprise, am actually liking how my TLM...

VO Guy
replies: 9 views: 834
VO Guy 1 hour ago

Love to know your opinions on this.... In theory and in practice, do you think it's possible to 100% dead-on accurately recreate...

Dayo
replies: 252 views: 4,229
ShadowsOfLife 1 hour ago

Hey Slutz! I just got a pair of Hungarian C414 XLS and I feel like these with the other mics I have cover the basics pretty...

Nielsbeard
replies: 0 views: 54
Nielsbeard 1 hour ago

It seems to be a production studio of some sort. I received a disk from a client who wanted to archive it. Disk originates from...

Don Solaris
replies: 2 views: 199
Bollinja 1 hour ago

Long story short, this is sadly the same old story. I ordered 2 pieces from Stam Audio. One, over a year ago, and another at the...

metaldreads
replies: 79 views: 3,731
nickknack 1 hour ago

Mine was a Tascam 414 MKII 4 track cassette. I remember wondering what all the knobs were for... Chris

chessparov
replies: 183 views: 37,718
MarkF48 1 hour ago

Been loving the slate vms system. Having some problems was wondering if others are having. The same problem. The first one I...

laddie.music2
replies: 8 views: 2,661
sinergia01 2 hours ago

Giving more source input to Manley or increasing input trim pot means the same?

amit monga
replies: 1 views: 63
Singlecutz 2 hours ago

Hi, I'm Fred Speckeen and I work as part of the Innovation team at Tannoy/Music Group. I'm really happy to be able to say that...

Fred [email protected]
replies: 24 views: 1,558
RAA 2 hours ago

Hi Guys, As you can see from the title, I am looking to buy a new vocal microphone. I have been using a t-bone SC-400 so far,...

lagwagon06
replies: 24 views: 769
VO Guy 2 hours ago

Is there a signal quality difference between the two? I have a Samson S-Patch Plus that offers Normal, Half-Normal, and Thru...

MusicManic
replies: 3 views: 232
brew 2 hours ago

I currently mix on a Midas Venice F32. It's an analog mixing board (used for live audio as well by some people) that can take in...

Fired Wire
replies: 5 views: 194
bdarrett 2 hours ago

Hello Everyone, I have 25m2 studio. It has isolated and acoustic is ok also pro bass trapped. my listening distance 1 - 1,5...

usoygur
replies: 0 views: 52
usoygur 3 hours ago

I've been composing with some piano libraries lately, trying to achieve a very dark sound. I noticed that every time I would play...

saemola
replies: 8 views: 333
pentagon 3 hours ago

I saw on your Instagram that you are moving to a new studio. Care to tell us what your new place will be like?! Kind...

gainreduction
replies: 2 views: 755
pentagon 3 hours ago

Hi guys, I need to get an Avid Dock, but I’d like to save some cash (kind of short on money and I need to save as much as I...

elan
replies: 1 views: 99
pentagon 3 hours ago

I’m looking for a stand-alone converter with 8 I/O that supports 8 channels of AES I/O. There doesnt seem to be any new on the...

bleep
replies: 6 views: 270
bleep 3 hours ago

Hey, first of all I'm a german based mixing engineer so I don't know if my problem is replicable in other countries. In may...

ecz
replies: 1 views: 484
IkennaFuNkEn 3 hours ago

Hello, Can someone confirm that if I can't even boot into CMOS then what is the problem? Would this suggest the motherboard?...

Jonk
replies: 54 views: 1,796
Thrip 5 hours ago

Hi, I wondered if anyone could offer some advice for my home studio I've currently got a Steinberg UR22 interface, which...

trash116
replies: 1 views: 114
bdarrett 5 hours ago

I've been researching this for a while and can't really decide. "Sound quality" isn't so much a concern as is the leak...

Metroid
replies: 14 views: 493
soldat 6 hours ago

As a home recording musician who does it all. Start to finish what do you think is more productive to start and work until a...

boomer81
replies: 6 views: 305
jcstewart 7 hours ago

I'm an art/electronic/rock kind of guy but am knocked over by Norah Jones' Feels Like Home. A wonderfully minimalist record...

goom
replies: 32 views: 990
mark1971 7 hours ago

Hi, I just got myself a TAC 16/8 FB console but there is no power supply with it. I'm a bit confused as to how to acquire a...

animedgangi
replies: 1 views: 95
White Falcon 7 hours ago

The Ludwig serial numbers are confusing to me ? I just picked up a supraphonic and wanted to see what year it was from ? But...

dreckdirect
replies: 20 views: 1,473
Poopypants 7 hours ago

So, I have heard the pcm 96 is based on the algorithms of the 480. A Few months ago I wanted a Yamaha SPX 90. I decided to get...

arsmusic
replies: 21 views: 1,374
Coral Reef 7 hours ago

Does it make sense to leave the ol' good 44.1 Khz in favour of 48 Khz for music production? I produced lot of records at...

ayskura
replies: 235 views: 19,529
ardis 8 hours ago

Normally this is a problem that’s right in my wheelhouse. I’m a GS and if I know anything, it’s what to BUY or tell someone...

DavidKmusic
replies: 6 views: 225
ripripstabstab 8 hours ago

My piano tuner had to cancel last minute today, so I decided to have an "experiment day" and play around with some...

andersmv
replies: 19 views: 925
Chas Hands 8 hours ago

Hi guys, I have done some major upgrades in my studio over the past couple of months and have now decided to get some new...

Mihi DDL
replies: 13 views: 437
cheu78 9 hours ago

First, I'll start with my music style. I record only my own music and have a small but nice 4 track setup that I use to play...

shoepedals
replies: 7 views: 421
cheu78 13 hours ago

Hi folks, I know the subject has been debated a lot here but i'm still confused about vintage Gefell capsules. So I thought...

fredpg
replies: 32 views: 6,358
Rumi 15 hours ago

I have some $ to blow before the end of the tax year and not really needing anything in particular at the moment I'd like to...

glockdude
replies: 28 views: 999
Seditionary 15 hours ago

I know next to nothing about this, except that there's a difference between the 60hz/50hz power as well as the outlets in the USA...

HSLand
replies: 1 views: 123
zephonic 16 hours ago

Looking to move up to the Eve SC207 or 208 or the HEDD 07. My room is small but has good heavy duty bass traps on the rear...

pdpd
replies: 0 views: 116
pdpd 17 hours ago

My vocal chain is a 1073 (BAE version) to a 1176 (Hairball audio Rev A one). It is calibrated (the 1176). I know 1176's just...

arsmusic
replies: 8 views: 200
Brian Campbell 17 hours ago

Anyone use one of these on kick drum yet with any success?

6_Three
replies: 1 views: 136
bgrotto 18 hours ago

Hey y'all, I'm a few months away from performing an install and initial setup for a new all-analog studio in Fayetteville,...

BeauMDavidson
replies: 1 views: 160
psycho_monkey 19 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search