The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I hope everyone doesn't get angry at this question. I see a lot of discussions about the true Neve's vs the newer ones, vs the...

dreckdirect
replies: 62 views: 2,268
herecomesyourman 23 minutes ago

Hello, I am considering to buy an interface to use with Pro Tools only for mixing, connecting the outputs to a console. So I am...

Fab6
replies: 2 views: 78
Fab6 30 minutes ago

I produce sample driven 90's style hiphop. Currently got a WA76 and a Distressor (for drums & bass) & SSL style...

blinkybill86
replies: 11 views: 464
jensenmann 37 minutes ago

Lately I've been working with my favorite mic preamp, the Electro Harmonix 12AY7 Tube Mic Pre, which as you may know uses both a...

TurboJets
replies: 10 views: 372
Cardinal_SINE 50 minutes ago

hi everybody, i'm looking for advice ... i'm doing my 1st recording and i try to get a fat snare sound ... i'm almoste there...

thegoonmat
replies: 37 views: 7,619
andychamp 1 hour ago

So I bought some PST7 "light" cymbals - HH and Ride and they are dark sounding. Silly me assumed that a light cymbal...

MoltenVoltage
replies: 2 views: 50
Cardinal_SINE 1 hour ago

Hello folks! I had about an hour for listening to a bunch of speakers for mixing. I'm not the most experienced person so i'm...

Black Thing
replies: 2 views: 245
Black Thing 1 hour ago

I am trying to record audio from one desktop to another. Each desktop has m-audio 1010Lt pci cards. I linked the output of...

Sammysatic
replies: 6 views: 182
Sammysatic 1 hour ago

At the exact time I was considering buying a Daking Mic Pre 500, I discovered that they appear to have been discontinued :(...

tomwatson
replies: 11 views: 1,765
rboy 1 hour ago

I've got an old Ramsa 8428 that has a big old power supply I'm running through a furman PL plus power conditioner. Wondering if...

Unknown soldier
replies: 0 views: 49
Unknown soldier 1 hour ago

I’m looking for an elegant solution to trigger my OP-1 in a live situation. Have trigger it in the studio using Protools as my...

Providence
replies: 7 views: 299
Providence 2 hours ago

Hi, i am new here and i got a questions because i am looking to get a 24 channels console with meter bridge if this possible for...

chicomac
replies: 111 views: 29,334
Roy T 2 hours ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,247 views: 87,796
illacov 2 hours ago

I have found that if I play and sing a song without a click, and then track overdubs afterward, it sounds a little sloppy but...

Yummerz
replies: 769 views: 14,016
hhamilton 2 hours ago

I've searched this forum and seems there's a mix of opinions...so I thought I'd ask again and also pose additional...

formula428
replies: 3 views: 115
doncaparker 2 hours ago

Does the older Midas Venice 320 sound better than the f 32 mixer? I want to use an iMac and Pro Tools. Not sure which use Mac to...

gabler
replies: 0 views: 65
gabler 3 hours ago

I recently acquired a Soundcraft Delta DLX 8:4:2. It seems to be stock. Beautiful console. Considering that I can use the stereo...

audiosamigos
replies: 0 views: 58
audiosamigos 3 hours ago
replies: - views: -
liv4ree 3 hours ago

Hey guys, I have an old set of Tannoy Reveal Red Passive speakers. I busted a woofer on one a while back and posted about a...

KJandKT
replies: 1 views: 152
sleepyhollos 4 hours ago

One Album you know was recorded on a 1073 I need to research Thanks

John lennon
replies: 15 views: 648
Mertmo 4 hours ago

I have a pair of JBL 4312B speakers. Can anyone recommend what cables to buy?

Philthethrill
replies: 1 views: 240
Bushman 4 hours ago

For rimshot snare and sidestick, any issues with miking (sm57) a snare using a rim-mount? Or would a mic stand be necessary?...

freelancepoet
replies: 2 views: 102
formula428 4 hours ago

Did a voice over test comparing the 3U Audio Black CM1 to the MXL V67G. Just read the first paragraph of the Black CM1 listing on...

Dohreetoh
replies: 0 views: 104
Dohreetoh 5 hours ago
herecomesyourman 5 hours ago

Just checking to see if any one has compared the Radial along with the Hardy Twin Servo's - Thanks

gravymanstan
replies: 0 views: 95
gravymanstan 5 hours ago

I had one of my Event ASP8 monitors go south on me. Looking at getting a new pair of monitors for mixing. I've also got a pair of...

dawsonaudio
replies: 0 views: 73
dawsonaudio 5 hours ago
not_so_new 5 hours ago

I am currently looking for a mic to do voice overs. At the moment its just for my YouTube videos I am working on but I might like...

DaveJM
replies: 10 views: 328
Dan Popp 6 hours ago

Hello :) I have this hybrid recording setup: 8 external preamps, 24 channels of adda conversion (3 rme adi 8, via adat...

Logima
replies: 0 views: 90
Logima 6 hours ago

I have a strange hum in my recordings. A round hump between 10-100hz. It appears when I attach a preamp to my interface. I have...

Aktuba
replies: 1 views: 94
toledo3 6 hours ago

I hadn't heard much about about this relatively new mic company, but in my quest for an affordable U67 type mic to take out for...

Grasshopper11
replies: 23 views: 4,393
TheShadowV 6 hours ago

For your Songs that have vocals, I have two Piano Track questions: 1) Is your Piano Track Stereo or Mono? 2) Where do you Pan...

jerrydpi
replies: 17 views: 375
jerrydpi 6 hours ago

Hello all! So I have an Apollo silverface interface, I have 3 pair of speakers and, of course, headphones. I can't decide between...

k4y
replies: 14 views: 796
Micah421 7 hours ago

electronics.jpg It's a very neat little mixer, it can link together with another to form a 16 channel 8 buss, pretty badass....

x.cerveau
replies: 9 views: 3,929
princetonaudio 7 hours ago

A guitar cab impulse captures essentially three things: 1) EQ (Filter) 2) Ambiance 3) Breakup (distortion). I would like just...

audiovisceral
replies: 1 views: 76
audiovisceral 7 hours ago

Hi All, I picked up a DDA DMR-12 not too long ago, went through it pretty thoroughly to make sure everything works (I do have...

xmission
replies: 19 views: 368
xmission 7 hours ago

Hi all - I've been closely following the threads and discussions on this mic. I was very impressed by the shootouts posted by the...

hasntbeen
replies: 179 views: 16,827
deuc647 7 hours ago

Just now seeing these available on Sweetwater. Almost seems too good to be true to have a legitimate 3-way design with that kind...

JonnBoy
replies: 84 views: 16,940
MJB 7 hours ago

S*** just got real. Real affordable. From their FB page: Introducing the WA73 Family by Warm Audio. • 1073-style British...

ali3la3la
replies: 395 views: 53,603
herecomesyourman 7 hours ago

Does anyone have experience with Baldwin tubes in a mic pre? I'm looking to "upgrade" a 12AU7 in 2 of my preamps and...

TurboJets
replies: 9 views: 263
TurboJets 7 hours ago

I was looking for a used backup SM57 on Ebay. I already knew about the Chinese clones on ebay so I ended up buying this old beat...

m37a
replies: 8 views: 421
Frank_Case 8 hours ago
bluesmonk 8 hours ago

Hi there, One of the things I've always liked about his solo records is how well the vocals sit. Sometimes they're on the...

riquier
replies: 5 views: 477
riquier 8 hours ago

I've got these boxes, and they sound good....if I wanted to go a noticeable step up, Which converters would be good choices? ...

Unknown soldier
replies: 28 views: 1,236
psycho_monkey 8 hours ago

Ordered a VMS in November had to wait over a Month for delivery finally got it at the end of December just finished the studio...

paweaz
replies: 12 views: 532
paweaz 8 hours ago

Have been interested in this one and the first demo has been published by Warren. The idea of having a 1073 plus a 1176 in the...

ProgFree
replies: 10 views: 787
asylumatik 8 hours ago

I have a first generation Apogee Symphony 8x8+8MP and I have been connecting it via USB to my 2008 Mac Pro. I want to get...

kirkbross
replies: 8 views: 298
Led Music 8 hours ago

I really dig the Elliot Smith albums Rob Schnapf did with Tom Rothrock. I also really like the sound of the first Foo record,...

max cooper
replies: 2,141 views: 266,259
RoundBadge 9 hours ago

Got the initial inquiry email and I have seen this one before. ******* On Feb 15, 2018, at 2:44 AM, david mccarthy...

John Moran
replies: 0 views: 158
John Moran 10 hours ago

Looking to buy a Pultech style EQ and I have narrowed it down to these two. I want EQ function, but also saturation. Anyone have...

Evanmd
replies: 0 views: 93
Evanmd 10 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search