The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,675
Views: 2,675
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi guys, I'm testing Sonarworks headphone calibration plugin. It seems to be quite a nice tool. I'm just wondering if I...

derrickson
replies: 5 views: 248
blayz2002 19 minutes ago
replies: - views: -
orville17 1 hour ago

Hello, GS folks. Recently I've acquired IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors for occasional mobile production. However I liked...

greedy.mf
replies: 27 views: 2,237
greedy.mf 1 hour ago

He's one a kind, and his original 'Zen and the Art of Mixing' is a classic for a reason - thought i'd let slutz know he has a new...

GJ999x
replies: 19 views: 1,599
unitymusic 1 hour ago

DVD-Audio?

I plan to release something which is over the maximum length of a CD - I am looking at a possible DVD for that - what do I need...

ayskura
replies: 44 views: 758
ayskura 2 hours ago

A number of people have reported success using the Samsung Evo 750 SSD in the HD24/xr with sata caddies. Has anyone had similar...

Letraset
replies: 13 views: 785
RustyRafters 2 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Gusss 2 hours ago

I recently purchased two different Oktava MK-219 mics, and BOTH of them had a low level ground hum. This is especially apparent...

LSP
replies: 1 views: 154
toledo3 3 hours ago

Basically just wondering if they gated the kicks (or anything else) on those old records....esp funk breaks etc. I'm thinking no...

goldenmean
replies: 2 views: 206
SP2016 3 hours ago

One thing that having ‘High End’ gear has taught me… Like most of us I started recording/engineering with less than...

Ryan Silva
replies: 55 views: 5,049
DrAlienSmith 3 hours ago

Any converters available out there with ADAT in and out (Toslink cable) that will work at 24bit 96khz in standalone mode? DIGI...

Martel80
replies: 7 views: 342
L-Fire 4 hours ago

We spent the afternoon doing a quick mix on a tune and then stemming out audio to 10 tracks and 4 tracks of effects to the...

James Lugo
replies: 225 views: 27,420
~ufo~ 4 hours ago

Can somebody please explain the signal flow for the Ampeg Amp selector of the PBSB? Other amp selectors like the Radial JD7...

JerikC
replies: 0 views: 124
JerikC 4 hours ago

Hi All, Is there anyone who uses or has used the SPL Optimizer. What are it's uses and is it a pro piece, that could be used on a...

neoviking
replies: 4 views: 300
neoviking 4 hours ago

Hey All, Anyone know what mic/mics used to track MJ & Prince's (artist known as, the artist, etc. etc) vocals? I am going...

needlz
replies: 15 views: 6,433
chessparov2.0 4 hours ago

This is my first post on the forum as a new member so I'm doing my best here. I'm currently trying to make the transition from...

Lord of Shred
replies: 20 views: 645
elegentdrum 5 hours ago

Just now, as one does, I was compiling a big batch of stuff to upload to the copyright office. My usual m.o. is to make lo-res...

Brent Hahn
replies: 29 views: 816
chessparov2.0 5 hours ago

I know modding Oktava mics is a thing (bit of an understatement I know) but are they any good stock? By stock I mean without...

Dohreetoh
replies: 18 views: 530
chessparov2.0 5 hours ago

Any decent better models of monitors that will work good in a predominantly dead room with a large amount of absorption going on...

rimisrandma
replies: 0 views: 145
rimisrandma 6 hours ago

Hi, I am looking at getting a real spring reverb (or two for stereo) to record my synths and guitars through as well as use to...

Chad Sterling
replies: 53 views: 3,894
chet.d 6 hours ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,419 views: 102,603
illacov 7 hours ago

I have ordered a 26x14 black maple kick through A&F Drum co. in Texas for use in my studio. I have another birch set with a...

Zanderwestcoast
replies: 7 views: 254
ThatGuyintheBack 7 hours ago

Like the title reads... Whose the "real deal"? Thanks, Chris

chessparov2.0
replies: 157 views: 3,478
chessparov2.0 7 hours ago

S*** just got real. Real affordable. From their FB page: Introducing the WA73 Family by Warm Audio. • 1073-style British...

ali3la3la
replies: 1,229 views: 146,717
Mr. Boom 7 hours ago

Heya Slutz, so I'm attempting to hook up some Shure SM58's to my Scarlett 2i4 and am getting a constant white noise that is...

rootsmcgnarls
replies: 0 views: 129
rootsmcgnarls 8 hours ago

Hi there ! I'm new to this site and am already enjoying it. I'm currently in audio recording school and i have to write a 50...

charlier06
replies: 28 views: 797
toledo3 8 hours ago

An unexpected twist from DIYRE ... and I'm disappointed. Let me be clear, I'm a huge DIYRE fanboy and own almost everything they...

jml designs
replies: 1 views: 165
chinesewhiteman 8 hours ago

Hi All, This is not directly about a specific peace of gear but gear in general. After having spent about 15 years recording,...

driveblind
replies: 1 views: 211
Lance Lawson 8 hours ago

Hello all! I'm looking for some advice of what part of my chain to upgrade. Currently I have, Convertor: Apollo Twin Duo...

GoodGrowl
replies: 0 views: 119
GoodGrowl 8 hours ago

I am aware the proprietary limitations of the old high end Bruel & Kjaer mic pre's (being that they only work with their...

jml designs
replies: 8 views: 449
jml designs 8 hours ago

so, anyone got these already ? They seem to be already available in some places. They're supposed to be the successors to the...

spaceman
replies: 29 views: 1,913
watersedge1234 8 hours ago

Hi there! I've built a new desk and monitors placed over them sound awful even if decoupled with isolation pads. My main...

rokko101
replies: 20 views: 1,059
Al Rogers 9 hours ago

Hey guys, I've recently noticed a few great mixers, like Pensado for one, EQing their mixbuss at he end of their mix. I wonder...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 11 views: 627
Cardinal_SINE 9 hours ago

So I’ve been testing out some new room EQ software (Dirac Live) and in doing so have just spent a fun evening playing through...

Skol303
replies: 1 views: 179
elegentdrum 9 hours ago

For the life of me I can't get a quality close-mic'd tambourine sound that doesn't either shred my hearing or sound...

MoltenVoltage
replies: 45 views: 1,137
elegentdrum 9 hours ago

Hello everyone, Im looking to get my home studio (which is in a separate building to my house) insured, after discovering it...

45addict
replies: 2 views: 210
Skol303 10 hours ago

I'm looking to upgrade my Trident 65 28x24x2 Console's power supply at some point, as I hear you get a lot more head room /...

shortyboyboy
replies: 0 views: 141
shortyboyboy 10 hours ago

I somewhat started in the music production era of 2001. I started with just a pc, a DAW and some plugs. I eventually got myself a...

Sweck
replies: 242 views: 10,480
KingsX 10 hours ago

I am building a new guitar rig which will consist of a 1x12 Komet combo amp as my "Dry" signal, and a Komet Ambikab Jr...

mikoo69
replies: 4 views: 226
jon281092 11 hours ago

Hey! I was wondering if the Mogami Platinum is truly a step up from the Gold? I use all Golds now and they sound great. Just...

AxisWest
replies: 36 views: 16,408
tyedyebud 11 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 3,753 views: 793,678
Mr Funk 12 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm planning on upgrading my studio a little, I wasn't able to record more than two signals simultaneously until...

playamusic
replies: 5 views: 379
BrentA 12 hours ago

Hi there Bought my MC 2.1 a couple of years ago. Thought that other parts of my setup were distorting at high levels, but now...

InTheBox
replies: 15 views: 979
Telharmonia 13 hours ago

so my pre73 mk2 was working fine until a session when i powered it up and whammy, no sound, and the LED lights are all on for the...

jpilbeam
replies: 3 views: 300
Matt Syson 13 hours ago

Manufacturer Model No. Quantity AEA (Ribbon) R 84 2 AKG (Valve) C 12 8 AKG (Valve) C 12 VR 2 AKG (Valve) C 24...

Lee Cardan
replies: 105 views: 45,065
Bob Olhsson 14 hours ago

hello there I got a neumann tlm193 and tlm103 to sell, here's the thing, I don't record vocals anymore or if I do it's...

pencilextremist
replies: 1 views: 250
bambamboom 14 hours ago

I was wondering if the Lineaudio CM3 could do a good job for recording vocals ? I usually use it for acoustic guitar recordings ,...

sixfir
replies: 8 views: 428
sixfir 14 hours ago

Ok so I do a lot of experimental stuff in my live setup. I am a drummer and I utilize some contact mics for “special” things....

Providence
replies: 6 views: 289
Midwood.Studio 15 hours ago

I frequently record a guy with a definite 2K bump or edge in his voice when he increases his volume..rock and roll etc.,,in the...

Pchicago
replies: 6 views: 310
Pchicago 15 hours ago

After 30-ish years of being a session player/singer and songwriter (and many less as my own engineer lol) I've come to the...

bgood
replies: 26 views: 775
bgood 16 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search