The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I just read this, I've never been there nor I have have any financial interest, but I think it's worth sharing.. and this part of...

cheu78
replies: 104 views: 4,606
latestflavor 1 day ago

I've been singing the praises of the MTK-22 for a while now, been using it mainly as a band practice / live recordings mixer. I...

ShadowAMD
replies: 1 views: 191
ShadowAMD 7 minutes ago

I know how much people stress room treatment on this forum But usually the suggestions are not things that are very possible in...

EBGB
replies: 366 views: 7,681
sailor 24 minutes ago

I'm fixing up my JH16 2 inch 16 track and was curious if anyone here uses one or has used one in the past? I never used a 2...

axisdreamer
replies: 34 views: 5,195
cjmnash 31 minutes ago

hi everybody, i'm a newbie and i'm building my 8 tracks analog studio (studer A80, 8 tracks , 1') i'm looking for a spring...

thegoonmat
replies: 7 views: 2,592
askomiko 41 minutes ago

Quite often I see people here talking about how they use low-pass filters and high-cuts a lot. It surprised me because I found I...

Dutch Dave
replies: 75 views: 17,791
Friedrik83 1 hour ago

I've had the good fortune of recently hearing the passives with the Bryston 3B3 and loved them! I suspect the 4B3 would be that...

vibrations1951
replies: 4 views: 136
vibrations1951 2 hours ago

Hi all, I have been playing around making music for over 15 years as a hobby and I focus usually on bass heavy dance music. I...

ura_soul
replies: 1 views: 256
RiF 3 hours ago
replies: 2 views: 144
Reptil 3 hours ago

So I have a few dead 57's. All of the wiring looks fine. They even look good cosmetically. Is there any common problems that...

sirpunkly
replies: 6 views: 309
Patrick Norton 3 hours ago

Has anyone owned or used/heard these mics before? Curtis Technology is out of business from what I can tell and I can not track...

IamJohnGalt
replies: 6 views: 1,668
stillgeorge 4 hours ago

How can I achieve a decent vocal in reverb without it being overwhelmed? I do want that sound of it being within a large space....

vintagetones
replies: 38 views: 1,544
Patrick Norton 4 hours ago

Hi! Anyone that know where I possible could repair a damaged Echolette ES14 (Sennheiser MD409) microphone with a broken MD409 N...

gazt
replies: 8 views: 2,356
Cielak 5 hours ago

is Neotek stuff high end pro stuff

mikey
replies: 27 views: 5,871
Wiggy Neve Slut 5 hours ago

Ive seen a guy on ebay trying to sell an old datatronix 312 card racked up to 500 series by svt audio. Supposedly belonged to...

theaps
replies: 6 views: 635
theaps 6 hours ago

Hello Slutz. Recently I acquired a 9 channel Tweed Audio BC82 in great condition with it's power supply (PU110) and handbook. I'm...

nickrm
replies: 20 views: 3,395
Drumsound 6 hours ago

Came across this very interesting article in which Bob Clearmountain talks about recording drums the ultra minimalist way:...

Rob Coates
replies: 8 views: 525
Drumsound 7 hours ago

If this is the wrong forum to ask, just tell me, and I’ll repost somewhere else

MC Antizino
replies: 25 views: 1,051
harry_seldon 7 hours ago

My Neumann TLM102 has always been super sensitive to physically conducted noise. Replacing the cheap elastic suspension with...

timmy2
replies: 3 views: 166
dc_r 9 hours ago

So I'm looking for a new set of monitors, the Adam A5x and Yamaha HS5 come up on the radar. I don't need loud volumes or...

Terence T
replies: 2 views: 180
dc_r 9 hours ago

I am thinking about buying a Kurzweil KSP8. I have heard good things about the unit and always wanted to try one. I do have...

sprawl
replies: 1 views: 152
Farmboy presents 10 hours ago

Hard to decice: Over the last weeks, I have started to unload some gear that I somehow like/love/whatever, but that gets too...

livingloud
replies: 9 views: 355
Farmboy presents 10 hours ago

Hi Anyone know the differencies between the MD421-N, MD421-HL, MD421-2 etc, etc. I'm in the market for a good sounding...

Kristian
replies: 81 views: 40,713
iLCacciLLo 10 hours ago

Hi guys, I‘m about to track some drums. All the usual close mics, 2 overheads and 2 room mics. I have 2 1073 preamps to...

Bonie3001
replies: 20 views: 551
joeq 11 hours ago

Would any seasoned ears able to tell me which synths / romplers / samples or gear was likely to be used on "Baby D - Let Me...

Jack Fox
replies: 1 views: 147
LoFiAudio 11 hours ago

Hi, I need to fix the PSU of our ADAT XT. Does anyone have a schematic for the PSU, or know where cAN I buy a replacement? This...

iLCacciLLo
replies: 7 views: 1,241
iLCacciLLo 11 hours ago

This is kinda a SMGSLT Q, but I figured I'd have a better shot at an answer here. Maybe? gooof Most of the Marshal JMPs from '79...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 0 views: 110
Jeff Hayat 11 hours ago
replies: 1,248 views: 107,774
chet.d 11 hours ago

Hi, doing some narration recording for a client who is not keen on her own voice :facepalm: anyway, I was wondering what is the...

TSM
replies: 4 views: 231
thismercifulfate 12 hours ago

Hi All, I’ve been wondering how you get to learn what mic to use on a particular vocalist? For some it can be hard enough...

musome
replies: 26 views: 611
Bushman 14 hours ago

Hi there, I have a dream as a sound engineer. To gate sounds with white noise via the side-chain. I tried with software...

DamienVdbulte
replies: 7 views: 334
joeq 15 hours ago

I have a pair and they are amazing, but I’ll get to details of my ear opening experience after some gear sluttyness. The...

JosephC
replies: 89 views: 7,689
Disco1Disco2 15 hours ago

Calling out 'round the world to... Folks like like Bob Ohlsson/Mike Tarsia/Bobby Eli/Bushman, et al, to chime on. Also welcome...

chessparov2.0
replies: 590 views: 19,206
chessparov2.0 15 hours ago
replies: - views: -
mikejlazor 17 hours ago
mikejlazor 17 hours ago

Hey everyone, Just curious if any of you out there have in the past or are currently using a Symetrix 528e for tracking your...

studiotime
replies: 10 views: 10,534
dwpthe3rd 18 hours ago

If you are looking to buy a pair of great and professional sounding dynamic microphones I would recommend the Beyerdynamic TG V70...

mikejlazor
replies: 0 views: 154
mikejlazor 18 hours ago

Hey there all, just a quick question to help my understanding. I’ve been recording a lot of background vocal tracks as of...

drumzalicious
replies: 34 views: 970
Brent Hahn 18 hours ago

I'm able to get a hand on a Boss BX-16 for $35, it's only missing the power adapter. Is this a good mixer? I'm usually...

narrie
replies: 3 views: 216
narrie 19 hours ago

I don’t know if this is the right place for this but I would love some help. I have scoured the forums (still maybe not...

joe_shwa
replies: 0 views: 132
joe_shwa 19 hours ago

Hey guys, I am in the current predicament of not knowing what the gear from the HIStory Tour was, my friend and I already have...

ArchieB
replies: 5 views: 511
numero6 19 hours ago

Hey Guys! So I have a pair of blackface vintage LA 4s that have been fitted with bantham jacks on the back for patching to the...

jnyceproductions
replies: 8 views: 307
jnyceproductions 19 hours ago

II few weeks ago heyokay posted a thread about recording drums only with dynamic mics. Read it here I’ve done this here and...

Drumsound
replies: 48 views: 1,758
Drumsound 20 hours ago

I've been packing around a couple of band demo masters since about 1991 on ADAT tapes. They have been in their cases and unused...

WKRhynes
replies: 9 views: 350
Jim Williams 20 hours ago

I never owned an expression pedal until recently (Moog EP-3), but as I'm buying more pedals and recording a lot, I realize I...

deern
replies: 1 views: 241
deern 20 hours ago

Hey all, I thought it would be fun to make a spotify playlist of the best sounding tunes of all-time. How does 1 nomination each...

iangomes
replies: 89 views: 3,244
PdotDdot 20 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 217 views: 17,563
newguy1 20 hours ago
jakelorenz 21 hours ago

OK, giving away some things I didn't need yesterday was fun, and I even made a couple new friends in the process. There's a...

RawBeanZen
replies: 43,954 views: 2,356,393
Derp 22 hours ago

Hi, I'm currently using Neumann KH120a's which to be honest I love but am looking to step things up a little this year. I have...

dickiefunk
replies: 17 views: 745
dickiefunk 22 hours ago

For $999, seems a great deal for 3 distinctly different hot swappable capsules.

Mr Funk
replies: 88 views: 3,172
Mr Funk 23 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search