The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi, Since I listened to Dr. Bills sound samples (where he compares a Joly modded MK-012 to a KM 84 on acoustic guitar (and I...

bermudaben
replies: 72 views: 20,554
zorba1977 16 minutes ago

Flat headphones are relatively rare thing? Are monitors tend to be really flat usually, as they sopposed to, and as opposed to...

hag01
replies: 1 views: 60
chrismeraz 26 minutes ago

It seems like experiences with these mics is still hard to come by. Anyone have any new experiences to report? There were a lot...

dasbin
replies: 10 views: 1,047
D. Rumble 27 minutes ago

Hello All, I'm currently building a writing/production/dj studio and will be fitting a set of active studio monitors, most...

Hungry_Man
replies: 70 views: 1,674
BIG BUDDHA 35 minutes ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 2,263 views: 148,657
b0se 42 minutes ago

I want to record my masters onto cassette. What tape decks do you guys recommend? I can’t afford a Nakamichi Dragon but willing...

aligak
replies: 39 views: 883
BIG BUDDHA 55 minutes ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 3,830 views: 805,268
hello people 1 hour ago

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I have a question Did anybody try to emulate the reverberation of abbey road's echo chamber on...

zyabo
replies: 60 views: 13,315
Blues Bird 1 hour ago

Hiya I want to get rid of my Midas Venice f24 as it's too big for my studio and don't need that many channels. I see there is...

rrrega
replies: 3 views: 322
James Lehmann 1 hour ago

In searching over the last couple weeks for an upgrade to my current 1/4" half-track mixdown deck, I couldn't help but...

poorrichardmarx
replies: 1,507 views: 103,867
ARIEL 1 hour ago

The Reason Most ITB mixes don’t Sound as good as Analog mixes. This is a repost from another thread. Hope you find it...

Skip Burrows
replies: 7,808 views: 1,209,695
MrWiggly 1 hour ago

Hello, first post here after years reading :) How can i get Terje Rypday's Organ/Keys sounds, specially Descendre album....

raimundo_a
replies: 5 views: 169
deedeeyeah 1 hour ago

I have a couple G's (AND NO MORE!!!) to buy a new mic and the hole in my locker is a good LDC for (mostly male) vox. I am looking...

jml designs
replies: 6 views: 408
zohomoho 2 hours ago

I've been wondering for awhile why most of us prefer the sound of analog gear generally speaking. Yes, I know digital has come a...

Gears
replies: 1,682 views: 34,043
u87allen 3 hours ago

Gents, Here's a little return for the help I got on this forum. In the zip file are my photoshop projects that I use for my...

Deltones
replies: 6 views: 6,099
ihate100bees 3 hours ago

Just saw this online and am pretty excited about the prospect of owning this mic! https://youtu.be/F8wHgv63KOo Anyone have...

hasntbeen
replies: 77 views: 8,528
Paul_G 4 hours ago

Not sure it this thread belongs here but here goes. Since I frequently run digital track through a real tape machine I am...

Lance Lawson
replies: 7 views: 505
Lance Lawson 4 hours ago

Just grabbed in for $300, thought I got a good deal.... until it was plugged in. When eq is not engaged it doesn’t buzz. When...

jml designs
replies: 0 views: 59
jml designs 4 hours ago

I have an Aphex 9000 series rack i'm putting together with gates and various aphex compressors. However i can't seem to find much...

Bitsmith
replies: 1 views: 234
Bitsmith 5 hours ago

Hi, I've got a pair of early run GAP pre 73s, both fully modded by Dave Thomas @ AA Microphones. I like them a lot but maybe...

John N
replies: 0 views: 73
John N 5 hours ago

I know this can be interpreted as very open-ended, so let me clarify and be more specific. I mixed all ITB for the last year...

littlesicily
replies: 1,032 views: 56,478
johnnyc 6 hours ago

I've been seriously thinking about a Cranesong HEDD Quantum. I have a PT Mix plus (with extra dsp etc) and 3 888/24's. I used to...

KingsX
replies: 4 views: 337
KingsX 6 hours ago

Hey All, I've got a little story to share about my experience with Aston Microphones. Please believe me when I say that I am...

orbiterred
replies: 9 views: 381
no genre 7 hours ago

Has anyone tried the new series M series of Genelec? Any comparisons between M040 and 8040A? Does the 8000 series justify the...

mastereq
replies: 27 views: 13,167
TS-12 8 hours ago

I love tape and not going into the argument at this time. However cant get into tape in my setup. Which AD will get me closest...

Rea
replies: 57 views: 1,588
monkeyxx 8 hours ago

I know it's their dime but...what do you do with a client that nit piks every tiny detail of the mix and wants constant changes...

Rob Coates
replies: 121 views: 3,295
psycho_monkey 9 hours ago

Hi ya'll, I was about to click buy on a pair of AKG C214's when I suddenly thought about the Aston mics. Anyone have...

JRod37
replies: 3 views: 1,546
thismercifulfate 9 hours ago

So here's a question that I probably should know already, so forgive me if this sounds stupid. Let's say I want to run a mono...

foxhole
replies: 6 views: 1,578
BM Grabber 9 hours ago

We did a post before Christmas that received a bit of salt because it was only a tease (fair enough), but we're back now with...

timnoric
replies: 27 views: 3,562
timnoric 10 hours ago

Let's stop the notion that one piece of gear blows another one 'out of the water,' and begin to do the hard work of articulating...

Pangolin
replies: 25 views: 552
12ax7 11 hours ago

Read many of the reviews and threads here on them. Thinking of moving to powered NF monitors and these seem like a good...

travisbrown
replies: 63 views: 8,786
synththeory 12 hours ago

Thought it might be interesting to hear how the various GS members who are singers/drummers/guitarists/etc... Use their self...

chessparov2.0
replies: 0 views: 129
chessparov2.0 12 hours ago

So, I've been experimenting with stereo wideners and binaural panning recently and I've noticed two things. 1. I don't really...

Finnmaker
replies: 2 views: 253
TurboJets 13 hours ago

Can you buy these anymore? Basically need a keyboard that makes sound from the keyboard itself but also sends out MIDI via an...

SJMC
replies: 2 views: 240
MarkF48 13 hours ago

Hey folks I’m planning on upgrading my audio interface and adding a summing box. I’ve already 90% decided that the...

Starling
replies: 2 views: 304
Starling 13 hours ago

Hey there! I am getting a MPC 2000 from a friend and have a few questions. Can you recommend any essential equipment to go with...

Jokullinn
replies: 0 views: 166
Jokullinn 14 hours ago

You'll forgive my reference to the Amphion thread in High End. I've participated in a few threads regarding the APS Klasik...

mamm7215
replies: 14 views: 3,899
shanabit 14 hours ago

Can anyone spot the gear here? Synths : Oberheim, Moon, Juno 106? Preamps : v76 pair? Comps: La2a, Distressors Monitors : NS10,...

CJ1973
replies: 41 views: 5,050
Kaiiyanne 16 hours ago

I don't know what this thing is but it's about as drop dead gorgeous as a piece of hardware can get. Anyone use one? The eye...

Lance Lawson
replies: 22 views: 1,555
ardis 16 hours ago

Hello all, I'm looking for a set of headphones with a built in mic. This set up needs to have 2 separate jacks, one for the...

Kentoby
replies: 6 views: 373
AntLionAustin 17 hours ago

Hello, I have a 1950s reel to reel that I am trying to record to from my DAW then back into the box. My line outs on my...

guitargodmiles
replies: 0 views: 175
guitargodmiles 17 hours ago

I am thinking about selling my beloved Kemper to get a nice Ribbon to throw in front of a REAL amp. Was thinking all along to...

thedarkaxe315
replies: 22 views: 2,244
GreenNeedle 17 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Brent Hahn 17 hours ago

EQP-KT | Equalizers | Signal Processors | Klarkteknik | Categories | MUSIC Group Price anyone?

t-bone
replies: 912 views: 102,203
Unheard Vision 18 hours ago

If you were going to choose one to be your primary (and only, for awhile at least) which would you choose? They are generally...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 50 views: 17,025
Kronos147 19 hours ago

So it's the Monday night internet radio show. Guy comes in, sits down, I ask him to play and sing in front of me. Acoustic...

Brent Hahn
replies: 30 views: 888
Brent Hahn 19 hours ago

Anyone compared these two? Also what's the difference between the older 'blueface' Myteks and the newer 'blackface' ones? Got...

Jesse Skeens
replies: 0 views: 231
Jesse Skeens 20 hours ago

Hi there Bought my MC 2.1 a couple of years ago. Thought that other parts of my setup were distorting at high levels, but now...

InTheBox
replies: 22 views: 1,308
jeremyglover 21 hours ago

I'm reluctant to start another one of these threads because I've already read a hundred of them, but I think it's time to wade...

even army
replies: 61 views: 1,903
Wav4rms 21 hours ago

I'm looking for some suggestions for mixing consoles in the £15k region. This will be for a studio which is used mainly for...

aliensbrains
replies: 29 views: 860
aliensbrains 21 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search