The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I've been wondering for awhile why most of us prefer the sound of analog gear generally speaking. Yes, I know digital has come a...

Gears
replies: 578 views: 10,956
Cardinal_SINE 13 minutes ago

I have a chance to purchase a GATES the YARD tube mixer and was curious on if anyone has used one or has some info...thing looks...

doty
replies: 9 views: 4,535
Scullyfan 40 minutes ago

Hello fellow slutz, Which eq in your humble opinion would be good for my mix bus to be used in line with an SSL comp, a Manley...

sourcefor
replies: 41 views: 1,757
sourcefor 52 minutes ago

So I’m finally in my new forever studio build... purpose built and aggressively acoustically treated space... I’m...

bgood
replies: 41 views: 1,104
bgood 53 minutes ago

Hi- I mostly do custom broadcast commercials and audio for videos etc. My project studio is relatively quiet and by using mics...

bhp2000
replies: 53 views: 858
NathanEldred 1 hour ago

Hey guys, I have the chance to get a 747 half the price, so I started studying the case: what I've found - especially here on GS...

Friedrik83
replies: 21 views: 528
Friedrik83 2 hours ago

My budget is $1000 to $2000. Could someone please recommend a suitable microphone ? I sing folk/country/blues. Joni Mitchell...

Fiona Goodwin
replies: 13 views: 448
Bushman 2 hours ago

I haven't been using a compressor for years and it seems to work fine. But everyone is saying you should use a compressor while...

imoan
replies: 308 views: 7,093
kennybro 2 hours ago

Hi there, I currently have these Event 20/30 studio monitors for about 4 years now. They sound great for their price (around...

Fuero
replies: 1 views: 158
Bushman 3 hours ago

i ordered some atsacoustics absorbers and now i need a few diffusers for my room.. anyone know where to buy affordable yet...

gsjim
replies: 26 views: 1,992
thomassmith 3 hours ago

I just bought almost every CD Elliot Scheiner has mixed in stereo since 1990 and can't get over how great the bass and kick...

eugtone
replies: 26 views: 966
bigbone 4 hours ago

hey there :) got a pair of probably 1970' mics. they have one attenuator switch (0db -7db -20db) and..that's it pretty...

Tyler132
replies: 4 views: 177
Wizzomixer 4 hours ago

Calling out 'round the world to... Folks like like Bob Ohlsson/Mike Tarsia/Bobby Eli/Bushman, et al, to chime on. Also welcome...

chessparov2.0
replies: 554 views: 16,726
chessparov2.0 4 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking to maximize the lifespan of my RE301. So far, I only switch it on when I actually use it. That happens on a...

extrawelt
replies: 0 views: 151
extrawelt 6 hours ago

The title is self explanatory. The WA-47 is created after the Neumann, and the CB-29 doesn't clone anything in particular but it...

ttattwa
replies: 104 views: 4,562
Shannon Adkins 6 hours ago

NOTE YOU MAY DIE IF YOU GET A SHORT USE AT OWN RISK take a copper braided flat wire about 1/4 inch wide connect one end to...

Sigma
replies: 6 views: 251
theblue1 6 hours ago

I somewhat started in the music production era of 2001. I started with just a pc, a DAW and some plugs. I eventually got myself a...

Sweck
replies: 248 views: 11,157
Westhelion 7 hours ago

EQP-KT | Equalizers | Signal Processors | Klarkteknik | Categories | MUSIC Group Price anyone?

t-bone
replies: 897 views: 97,525
edge11 7 hours ago

Recently one of our speakers managed to smash our Que DA-12 mic whilst shearing the cable from its termination. (I'm guessing he...

clanderson
replies: 0 views: 124
clanderson 7 hours ago

Hi, I am planning to upgrade from Apollo to Hilo. I want to know if I record a Vocal or Instrument, can I add a efx during...

antilife
replies: 5 views: 240
antilife 7 hours ago

Hi guys, I'm building a professional sound recording studio in my home. Here's my plan: Plan A. Connect all sound equipments...

rockman413
replies: 7 views: 393
deuc647 7 hours ago

Hello all! Just wanted to give you guys some updatse on our side as a lot of you were really interested in the products we...

Karpmentalise
replies: 16 views: 852
Quetz 9 hours ago

Hello to all. Quick question to anyone familiar with the Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah Effect Guitar Pedal. Can both inputs (bass in...

Yellowkat
replies: 0 views: 130
Yellowkat 9 hours ago

Hi everyone, I was wondering why some condenser microphones with a (more or less) cylindrical mesh grille, most notably the...

spambot_2
replies: 3 views: 397
askomiko 9 hours ago

Anyone has experience with that? It's advertised to tame frequencies but I actually need a sterei resonant filter to manually...

Langur
replies: 0 views: 128
Langur 9 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 3,804 views: 799,861
chet.d 9 hours ago

I’m gearing up to update my mobile rig. Thinking about stream lining things with an HD24 and leaving the laptop out of the...

junkshop
replies: 13 views: 662
pauljisaacs 10 hours ago

Hi all, Obviously I am not the only one who is using old Soundcraft desks, and since Soundcraft does not stock parts from the...

livingloud
replies: 30 views: 1,354
Jim Williams 11 hours ago

Hey fellow slutz, im a producer who makes pop/hip-hop. I produce on PT12 on a Mac 3.4GHz i7 with 16GB of ram. I have an...

Wool Over Eyes
replies: 12 views: 534
Bakelite 11 hours ago

$735 for a well made u47 inspired mic sounds really good, am interested in their 251 too! Any users here?? Advanced Audio...

SEED78
replies: 117 views: 17,668
TheShadowV 11 hours ago

Hi Guys, I record with protools HD (native) and I have 16 channels of various preamps to get the signal into the box via a...

chrisaiken
replies: 6 views: 386
chrisaiken 12 hours ago

Hey! I made video last week trying out some different room configurations in our studio. I'm think and hope there's some...

uffetuff
replies: 12 views: 593
Alrod 12 hours ago

Seems like this bundle is modelled from API 550 and 2500 anyone using it? Have you done a shootout with a real API? How do you...

Limit54
replies: 9 views: 479
bambony 16 hours ago

Typically, we mono-ize stereo signals by summing/averaging and this gets rid of the side information. But many modern stereo...

sobhhi
replies: 0 views: 186
sobhhi 17 hours ago

28 bands of inductor based eq. Has anyone used these? I believe that they were popular as room eq's back in the day...... How...

Terry McInturff
replies: 8 views: 8,717
mcsharp 19 hours ago

Hi all I recently got an SSL Nucleus (1st series as I can't stand white), a bit scared after reading some comments over here,...

rofus
replies: 43 views: 5,285
zerododo 19 hours ago

Moved: software

Jacateb
replies: - views: -
Jacateb 19 hours ago

Hi all! This is my first post on this overwhelmingly big forum, so please excuse me if I didn't find the right section to post...

Saga Musix
replies: 8 views: 1,297
muco007 20 hours ago

Ok, so I've been using my Venice F32 for a few weeks now and I thought it could be useful to create a thread about some tips...

lozion
replies: 129 views: 13,487
ABBA 20 hours ago

Quality wise for an Bedroom with carpet 13 ft long, 11 ft wide, 7 ft height. A male Hip hop & R&B artist(mostly hip hop...

walterlopez8
replies: 4 views: 476
JAT 21 hours ago
replies: - views: -
eLUX 21 hours ago

Dear fellow Gearslutz, For years we as a Audio people have been debating topics like : - Does recording in High Sample Rates...

Mannymac
replies: 473 views: 13,858
theblue1 22 hours ago

I'm looking to start a home set up for a male hip-hop/r&b vocalist. The goal is to get radio quality, not necessarily...

walterlopez8
replies: 11 views: 652
elegentdrum 22 hours ago

Hi All, Forgive me, I wasn't sure where to post this, and I looked and couldn't find anything on the topic. Hopefully, I...

Seth81
replies: 5 views: 459
cdruzeta 22 hours ago

I have been looking quite extensivly at the feature set and layout of the AMS-Neve genesys black and I must say I am totally...

ARIEL
replies: 4 views: 456
cdruzeta 23 hours ago

Hi guys! I'm looking to get a drum machine, but anytime I look for one online they all seem focused on hip hop, but am having...

penguin_zombies
replies: 39 views: 6,358
elegentdrum 23 hours ago

I Bought the VMS when it first came out and I didn't like it. So it was on the shelf. I have been seeing alot of top...

samsoretro
replies: 0 views: 283
samsoretro 23 hours ago

I just wanted to know what is the mic used in the Youtube show called COLORS. YouTube Or search Mahalia - Sober...

JamesKamron
replies: 2 views: 348
numero6 23 hours ago

Hey everyone, I couldn't find an earlier thread on the Advanced Audio CM48T, I apologize if this thread is redundant... I...

ep77
replies: 8 views: 1,020
microphoneGuy 23 hours ago

I've got a $10k that I'd like to put into recording gear for home. I've already got all the guitar gear I'll ever need, as well...

smitty.west
replies: 13 views: 531
brewbacker 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search