The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I just read this, I've never been there nor I have have any financial interest, but I think it's worth sharing.. and this part of...

cheu78
replies: 58 views: 2,197
thenoodle 8 minutes ago

Hey guys, I found an older Otari bouncing track thread, but it didn't quite give me the opinions I'm after. I have a Fostex...

KingsX
replies: 7 views: 150
KingsX 1 minute ago

I mix on a pair of Yamaha NS10m studios w/sub. But I’ve learned the hard way not to crank the ns10s as I blew a tweeter, I was...

bleep
replies: 15 views: 565
Pangolin 26 minutes ago

I've heard several tests where they do the real mic against the modelled one. While I think VMS does a good job capturing the...

erike123
replies: 398 views: 35,094
Joesarahh 45 minutes ago

Good day! I've decided to incorporate drums into my studio to record, but I'm currently running a UA Apollo Silver Twin with a...

kev1n28
replies: 11 views: 328
kafka 1 hour ago

I know it's their dime but...what do you do with a client that nit piks every tiny detail of the mix and wants constant changes...

Rob Coates
replies: 168 views: 5,251
Lance Lawson 1 hour ago

So what I'm trying to do here is figure out how to improve my setup with around a $5,000 budget. I know that sometimes the best...

Bond117
replies: 31 views: 1,231
Singlecutz 1 hour ago

So my clients mostly have me mix their sessions if they get them mixed at all. But lately some of my new clients have asked for...

Yenrah
replies: 19 views: 697
pentagon 1 hour ago

Hi All, So - I've got a question for you all on trying to find out what this plugin is actually doing to the sound. I've...

arjunchawda
replies: 1 views: 158
arjunchawda 1 hour ago

I can't get an answer from Akai on what the barrel size is for the DC input on the MPK88. My guess is they want me to buy their...

gradivus
replies: 2 views: 136
gradivus 1 hour ago

Im running a BLA modded UA Silver Twin. I need more inputs and was leaning very heavily towards getting a 4-710d to get 4...

kev1n28
replies: 0 views: 49
kev1n28 1 hour ago

Hi Slutz, I’m looking to get another vocal mic (or 2) that’s also good for recording acoustic guitar. Could anyone give me...

Djkirk
replies: 7 views: 243
NathanBarley 1 hour ago

For the first Van Halen record, which sounds very small and thin drum-wise to me, what kind of drumset and snare did he use, and...

noah440
replies: 13 views: 694
Drumsound 1 hour ago

Link to shootout files is kind of buried, so here it is at the top: Box Hi all - I recently got this mod done and put together...

Gammon2004
replies: 28 views: 1,505
Joesarahh 1 hour ago

Greetings! I was given an original OB SEM. I have been trying to see if this module even works, but since it is controlled...

bjamin9
replies: 1 views: 176
Synth Guru 1 hour ago

Hi. I need some opinions for the smartest investment for buying studio gear. Current recording setup: Warm Audio WA12-500...

NikolajD
replies: 13 views: 670
dickiefunk 1 hour ago

I love the Dangerous Source Monitor Controller but it can't collapse stereo to mono. I'm simply looking for a box that I can...

janalex
replies: 4 views: 259
lexluthor 2 hours ago

I have 4 channels of Brent Averill 1272 that I bought from Brent about 20 years ago; with the original Neve parts. They are in...

wildplum
replies: 3 views: 166
chrischoir 2 hours ago

I have two Shure Unidyne III SM57 microphones, but today I did an actual a/b comparison. I noticed they sounded different. I know...

CRK
replies: 1 views: 73
12ax7 2 hours ago

2 related questions: Has anybody ever made a FET mic that had a continuously variable pattern potentiometer like the M49? I...

cmichnovicz
replies: 6 views: 322
andersmv 2 hours ago

Today I recorded drums for a band, the sound came out great! I used Beyerdynamic MC930 in ORTF in front of the drums as...

Joniverse
replies: 1 views: 132
joeq 2 hours ago

So I have a studio that I sometimes make money from, but I'm really trying to eventually become a professional composer and...

Spano
replies: 7 views: 309
joeq 3 hours ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,490 views: 112,733
Deckdaddy 3 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 3,871 views: 812,482
ribot 4 hours ago

Hello and welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay in this thread. To preface this post, I have been using a pair of beyerdynamic...

Datboi20146
replies: 3 views: 160
pw2005 5 hours ago

Hello, Is there anyway I could synchronize Tascam HS-P82 with Sound Devices Mixpre-6 during recording, so that the audio...

rojaros
replies: 8 views: 386
cinstance 5 hours ago

So, I read a lot about these guys here GS. Looks like most people were digging them aside from the fact that they were...

Inca
replies: 166 views: 14,277
onlyme 6 hours ago

OK, giving away some things I didn't need yesterday was fun, and I even made a couple new friends in the process. There's a...

RawBeanZen
replies: 43,924 views: 2,345,223
Unclenny 6 hours ago

Is Serban mixing all itb or is he using some outboard? What plugins is he using? Someone has to know something about his...

erike123
replies: 206 views: 14,088
spankjam 7 hours ago

Hey guys, has anyone used the Vintage Audio MSL-TX VCA Buss Comp? I've read on GS that people really love what they do but I...

milkmeat
replies: 2 views: 956
vicwind 7 hours ago

Hi folks, can anyone suggest a good simple and low cost slider (not sure if that's the correct name for it) I could buy to use...

JayPMusic
replies: 4 views: 274
toledo3 7 hours ago

Hi people! I'm a little confused when it comes to this topic. For some reason I want to upgrade my current desk (Allen &...

jaki
replies: 1 views: 312
jaki 7 hours ago

After hours of reading, I gave up. I’m gonna buy two mics. The Neumann u87ai as the safe choice, and one other as the mojo-mic...

Saturations
replies: 29 views: 1,338
chazmar 7 hours ago

Hi all, Obviously I am not the only one who is using old Soundcraft desks, and since Soundcraft does not stock parts from the...

livingloud
replies: 49 views: 1,992
Studio48 7 hours ago

having high pitched noise in the speakers that I cannot get rid of. I have 2 separate power circuits in the studio. tried...

TS-12
replies: 69 views: 1,981
TS-12 8 hours ago

Hi Slutz, I've been thinking a lot lately about the term "production" with regards to records, and I am hoping to...

mahler007
replies: 30 views: 5,944
norfolk martin 8 hours ago

Hello Everyone and thanks in advance for replying. Hopefully I'm in the correct forum. If you have an Antelope Goliath like...

TikiMark
replies: 0 views: 127
TikiMark 8 hours ago

Hey guys I was just wondering what the general workflow was like for editing pop vocals. I've heard about techniques such as...

dannydawiz
replies: 16 views: 489
thismercifulfate 9 hours ago

Hi all, First post on here, hope I've landed in the right place. In a nutshell, I'm moving house soon and will finally have...

achillespilot
replies: 0 views: 145
achillespilot 9 hours ago

Somebody sugested EV, But I have no idea of the model, or they are not EV? Thanks! ...

Mozart
replies: 5 views: 407
Mozart 9 hours ago

I just thought this would be a fun discussion. Here's mine: I recently bought a Heil PR40 off some kid. The poor innocent PR40...

mcsharp
replies: 58 views: 1,502
gradivus 9 hours ago

Can anyone please help in identifying the model and year of this organ? It almost looks like the a100 series but it has not...

Genka1225
replies: 10 views: 470
KingsX 9 hours ago

Hey guys. I am looking to add more preamps soon. I currently have a Trident Series 65 24 channel console, an api 3124, and a...

socool135
replies: 9 views: 494
adam_f 9 hours ago

So I ordered a ribbon mic and was just wondering about the figure 8 thing..I have good preamps with plenty of power, but does it...

BarcelonaMusic
replies: 7 views: 383
bowzin 10 hours ago

EQP-KT | Equalizers | Signal Processors | Klarkteknik | Categories | MUSIC Group Price anyone?

t-bone
replies: 939 views: 107,754
bowzin 10 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a Tube Preamp for vocals. I currently have an Allen & Heath Qu-16 for my audio interface. I...

rschlierbeck
replies: 52 views: 1,011
bowzin 10 hours ago

Has anybody ever used or heard this mic? I like the charakter and the "sheen" of M295 and the M294 but found the...

buzzjoe
replies: 5 views: 1,766
lukedamrosch 11 hours ago

Seems like every time I try to compare any mix I'm working on to any pop reference, I ALWAYS want more 200hz in there than the...

Ain't Nobody
replies: 125 views: 3,577
Unclenny 12 hours ago

Could you suggest popular sound libraries/Virtual instruments for Kontakt that are known to be among the best in the business for...

enyo
replies: 11 views: 5,408
Ain't Nobody 12 hours ago

Hello all! Just wanted to give you guys some updatse on our side as a lot of you were really interested in the products we...

Karpmentalise
replies: 39 views: 2,032
mutetourettes 13 hours ago
replies: 1 views: 312
PdotDdot 15 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search