The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Views: 7,881
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

The Even H1 is the only one available as I type and costs only $199, the Audeara is set to be out next month and the Nura...

Mr Funk
replies: 6 views: 339
Blast9 3 minutes ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 3,562 views: 758,562
Blast9 7 minutes ago

I'm trying to find the most affordable way to take the master mix from my RME 802 (2x TRS out), and send it to a second PC. I...

tcookc
replies: 5 views: 179
tcookc 1 hour ago

I'm finding that many of my friends and family are finding old cassettes in storage and want them digitized. Stuff like baby's...

Hxd Ped
replies: 27 views: 822
soundebler 2 hours ago

Some studios have those huge wall-mounted speakers. What are the major brands of those? :cowbell:

andy3
replies: 57 views: 2,313
Sigma 2 hours ago

Hey folks here we have 2 microphones with 2 very different prices and ages. The C24 is about $15k (okay it is stereo) The...

Paul_G
replies: 61 views: 856
Paul_G 2 hours ago

So that's it huh, the old 2000(ish) Control 24 is just a boat anchor now. Like $500 installed in a nice desk now? Insane. There...

jml designs
replies: 3 views: 161
Sigma 2 hours ago

Now, I had always heard that James Jamerson and Bob Babbit mostly went direct into the Motown desk via a submixer of some sort....

brill bedroom
replies: 74 views: 14,967
Sigma 3 hours ago

usual problem. Can't compare side by side...... :cowbell: its about the same price for booth speakers even though the rock is...

konradfounded
replies: 0 views: 58
konradfounded 3 hours ago

I'm looking at getting a mix buss compressor. It's came down to the Shadow Hills Dual Vandergraph or the API 2500. Any thoughts...

alexw_scott
replies: 6 views: 3,159
Shabfish 3 hours ago

I have a line on a used one in good condition for ~$200, US. Obviously not a large sum of money...but still. I've been reading...

manthe
replies: 35 views: 14,042
Sigma 3 hours ago

I wan't to buy a condenser mic but theres a crazy amount of options for the budget I'm in and I have no clue what to go for help...

ham sandwich
replies: 2 views: 109
Lander 4 hours ago

Hi, the previous thread seems to be closed for no apparent reason but there's some useful progress for people who own this desk....

Psythe
replies: 1,131 views: 150,827
dhakNZ 4 hours ago

I am currently on the verge of upgrading my Neumann KH120A speakers. While the speakers are fantastic and have really served me...

theguitarfreak
replies: 0 views: 61
theguitarfreak 4 hours ago

I have seen a couple of threads covering the differences between the TRP and the RPQ, but I'm curious if anyone has compared the...

MusicManic
replies: 2 views: 684
razorboy 4 hours ago

Hey guys! Could really use some help here! (I posted this at the HD24 yahoo users group but thought I'd tap the gearslutz...

john john
replies: 25 views: 2,316
john john 5 hours ago

Dear all Gearslutz! :) I have saved up around 2000 bucks & I am looking to upgrade my vocal chain. I currently...

Producer.101
replies: 135 views: 2,941
Producer.101 6 hours ago

After much debate I've decided to diy a ribbon mic from scratch using a pre-made motor and transformer. Ive decided not to...

MistressStudio
replies: 52 views: 1,305
MistressStudio 6 hours ago

Hi People! Had my Eggs for ages, up till now I have been using a Mackie Big Knob to switch between them and some Genelecs....

Empora
replies: 2 views: 127
mike vee 7 hours ago

I've had my eyes on these for a while and was awaiting the perfect specimen. Found it and it's now on its way! Anyone have...

Skyhammer
replies: 3 views: 605
adg21 8 hours ago

Hey guys, I recently posted a question about which monitors to get. So I ended up getting the KRK v8s4 today, I was excited to...

sameey
replies: 28 views: 689
bulldozer1984 8 hours ago

Hey everyone, I usually mic my acoustic with a 4033. It sounds good and I'm pleased with it, but lately I've been wondering if...

Shannon Adkins
replies: 18 views: 2,107
monkeyxx 8 hours ago

Do you ever process all tracks with tape sims before mixing? I've been doing this routinely for the past several years since...

Lazer Toms
replies: 48 views: 2,011
psycho_monkey 8 hours ago

Hello all! Certainly seems to be a lack of talk about the Radial Pre-amps around here. I currently have a line on a PowerPre,...

KamandaSD
replies: 7 views: 802
monkeyxx 9 hours ago

Hello forum members, I recently bought a pair of Audio-technica microphones (AT-4040 & AT-4041) for a very good...

Krugie_Mtl
replies: 0 views: 95
Krugie_Mtl 10 hours ago

These look pretty sweet and the price is right. Anyone build/ using them care to comment on the audio quality compared to other...

littlesicily
replies: 105 views: 28,749
littlesicily 10 hours ago

Recently bought an RME 802 because M-Audio stopped producing drivers for my Profire 2626. Wondering what my options are for using...

St. Augustine
replies: 0 views: 91
St. Augustine 10 hours ago

So I have been thinking a lot lately about going with a console, I was looking at the Trident 70 Series Consoles. Right now I...

LiveLife
replies: 73 views: 6,281
louis1 11 hours ago

Recently I noticed when i would plug my usb cable into my akai mpk249 usb port, it would turn off & on, if i moved the...

Kadjo
replies: 3 views: 762
Jonymak 12 hours ago

My family is somewhat unexpectedly moving to Germany from the US for at least 3 years... honestly, we're not against making the...

john john
replies: 18 views: 599
chrisso 13 hours ago

Anyone else a fan of this guy's work? I listen to Deerhunter's Microcastle a lot and love the natural and organic sounding...

Methlab
replies: 66 views: 13,951
rbr 13 hours ago

Hi I'm putting her two mic inputs and instrument ins and outs, into the patch bay and all I have left are 1/4" balanced...

jml designs
replies: 0 views: 98
jml designs 13 hours ago

OK, giving away some things I didn't need yesterday was fun, and I even made a couple new friends in the process. There's a...

RawBeanZen
replies: 43,634 views: 2,279,909
foxwaves 14 hours ago

$735 for a well made u47 inspired mic sounds really good, am interested in their 251 too! Any users here?? Advanced Audio...

SEED78
replies: 98 views: 15,384
TheShadowV 14 hours ago

Just wondering if anyone has heard this console yet? How are the faders, pre's, EQ, workflow?...

Tube World
replies: 188 views: 55,754
Fleaman 14 hours ago

Hi folks, I recently purchased Antelope's Orion 32 and am having a bit of trouble getting Logic Pro 9 to sync to the external...

electroshift
replies: 6 views: 2,638
emenelton 15 hours ago

A friend wants to Christmas cover of the song for family. Does anyone know what Shinoda used for the reverb? Sounds fantastic to...

Oden
replies: 0 views: 151
Oden 16 hours ago

I would like to learn about the making of this album I found nothing but this on google: Inside 'The Miseducation of Lauryn...

KIDBILL
replies: 3 views: 331
Black Ninja 16 hours ago

I'm looking for a Langevin Am4 console. Anyone have one they're looking to sell or know where I can find one? Thanks!

Jdetora25
replies: 7 views: 923
Nosplace 17 hours ago

Hi All Obviously there are dedicated plug-ins such as SoundToys Decapitator and hardware units such the Thermionic Culture...

dialectic
replies: 4 views: 272
Brent Hahn 17 hours ago

The E-series SSL consoles were introduces in 1983, so how has the sound changed throughout the years and are certain years...

dullfangs
replies: 5 views: 2,082
Jason rocks 19 hours ago

Yesterday, I've bought a Rode NT1-A to upgrade my vocal chain. I've got a Scarlett 2i2 preamp at home, with a $30 CM25 condenser...

bpmtapperkun
replies: 4 views: 184
Dennis White 19 hours ago

Just picked up a Sony MXP-390. All i have to say is WOW. Sounds great, surprisingly clean. I looped back pink noise from my DAW...

rhythminmind
replies: 10 views: 8,220
Whoopysnorp 19 hours ago

has anybody here experience with the pres of Antelope Discrete 8? I asked there and they say you can set up the box for stand...

rojaros
replies: 0 views: 165
rojaros 21 hours ago

Hi all. I am in the market to purchase a used E or G series SSL console. I have researched and understand all about the...

Gazzer1975
replies: 29 views: 2,227
terrysimon 23 hours ago

hey so tascam dp24 and dp32 don't save fader volume level, it always refers to the "physical" slider settings.......

psoul
replies: 0 views: 145
psoul 23 hours ago

This is not related to Audio gear, but hopefully there are some guitar geeks out there as well...;=) I've got a Les Paul...

Mattsson
replies: 20 views: 15,185
SteelyDani 23 hours ago

I have been thinking about doing this, assembling a list of all current SSL console owners and users and their console...

James Lugo
replies: 280 views: 73,994
terrysimon 23 hours ago

Just picked one up (shhhh! We're still trying to keep this a sleeper, remember?) - I don't see a single YT video on operating...

jml designs
replies: 5 views: 374
crille_mannen 23 hours ago
replies: - views: -
terrysimon 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search