The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I have noticed that prices for vintage dynamic microphones have gone through the roof recently on Ebay, reverb and even local...

Slow Learner
replies: 69 views: 1,343
JLast 1 minute ago

So here’s the chain Sm7b OSA pre Capi 312 pre FMR RNLA Focusrite scarlett MacBook When I was researching mics to...

Jawnwolff
replies: 133 views: 2,003
JLast 9 minutes ago

I don't get why mic makers don't go through the trouble of making sure that raw, recorded in a professional studio (or space that...

Enlightened Hand
replies: 20 views: 509
Marc_SoyuzMics 22 minutes ago

Hello everyone. I have the option to buy new monitors and I have 2 options. FOCAL TWIN6BE FOCAL TRIO6BE They are for...

Mandel
replies: 2 views: 85
Mandel 34 minutes ago
replies: 2,338 views: 201,743
chessparov2.0 37 minutes ago

Hi all, I just bought this wonderful mic and I'm very satisfied with it on my voice ! I needed some very "clear" mic...

73mk2
replies: 2 views: 149
73mk2 47 minutes ago

hello! I've just installed an Apogee Symphony, and noticed off the bat that the input level is about half of my old converter...

limbs
replies: 2 views: 69
Arichlsss 53 minutes ago

Just got a new API 500VPR Rack, and Avedis MA5 and a Serpent Audio Splice SA76-500. The Heritage Audio HA73EQX2 is about 3 weeks...

teleman
replies: 4 views: 147
avedis 1 hour ago

I'm looking for a 500 series preamp to use occasionally for that super overdriven Neve, trashy, vocal sound. I have a lot of...

reelbigspikey
replies: 16 views: 1,378
Ox Han 1 hour ago

Greetings all, I've been on GS for a while but just realized I've never started a dedicated thread for the Serrano 87...

cserrano
replies: 15 views: 1,319
olgaol3 1 hour ago

Has anyone worked on both of these who can share the similarities and differences about the the two?

shortyboyboy
replies: 21 views: 2,897
Quint 2 hours ago

Hello! If my speakers and sub are plugged in and turned on...are they consuming any meaningful amount of electricity vs...

breaktheory
replies: 5 views: 157
jaddie 2 hours ago

I got a couple of their products and plan to buy more but I don't see much here about them so I thought it would be a good idea...

Skamm Goodiez
replies: 830 views: 55,152
Ward Pike 2 hours ago

Hello I m searching for a monitor controller for my studio at home with a nice headphone amp and for a couple sets of monitors...

Hal
replies: 0 views: 52
Hal 2 hours ago

Watching MWTM's Recording Drums series with various engineers and invariably they all seem to place their overheads in a spaced...

gravyface
replies: 5 views: 248
gravyface 2 hours ago

Hey there, I'm a male singer-songwriter who's also dabbled in recording for a few years. I own the follwing gear: -...

yamahawk
replies: 74 views: 1,632
antstudio 3 hours ago

Howdy all, I remember reading that the voiceover actors for the Arkham City game were all triple-mic'd with lavs, close LDCs,...

MFox13
replies: 1 views: 66
thismercifulfate 3 hours ago

anyone have one of these and/or any experience with them? my local guitar center just got one in the used rack, and after 5...

joeshambro
replies: 27 views: 15,628
Tomás Mulcahy 4 hours ago

I experiment quite a bit with my gear, but I am curious to know how others would approach recording acoustic guitar with the...

donnyradwell
replies: 2 views: 79
donnyradwell 4 hours ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 3,712 views: 419,319
horseface 4 hours ago

Hello everyone, I've moved to warmer climates (northern thailand). It's about 30c max here in the day here and in the rainy...

spamvoid
replies: 23 views: 5,152
RogerFoote 4 hours ago

I've been mixing for a few years on a pair of Focal Shape 65's (at my friend's studio) and I want to buy my own pair. Narrowed...

lsdornothin
replies: 1 views: 101
lsdornothin 6 hours ago

I've had both of these mics for a little while now and have been trying them on anything and everything I can, and because it's...

Samc
replies: 253 views: 44,420
David Rick 6 hours ago

please post your impressions if you own or listened any EVE AUDIO monitoring system ! i'm really interested to know how they...

blackfinder
replies: 470 views: 124,704
gort1111 6 hours ago

I look for studio monitor for daily music listen in small room. Im not music producer but like clear sound on higher lvl than...

luxpiotr
replies: 5 views: 333
Xenofon 8 hours ago

Seeing how Antelope have had a tendency to occasionally report chips specs instead of real-world test results, has anyone...

vwruuska
replies: 0 views: 82
vwruuska 8 hours ago

Before I think about repairs I though it really odd that I as well as a friend who is a top quality engineer here in Sao Paulo...

MooWahmBah
replies: 11 views: 1,003
rasmus 8 hours ago

Post a photo of what's going on in your studio today..kfhkh We will share selected photos to Gearslutz Instagram :) Note:...

Jules
replies: 785 views: 120,028
StevenLMorgan 9 hours ago

Basically because when you bought the hardware you’re automatically signed up. And the only way to opt out is by selling the...

PR13
replies: 7 views: 286
crille_mannen 9 hours ago

I've got a few easy questions for everyone. 1. Who on GS is using analog summing? 2. How many channels are you summing?...

Tony Shepperd
replies: 385 views: 51,164
matskull 9 hours ago

I'm in the market for a hardware opto-style compressor and I've narrowed my choices down to the Klark Teknik KT-2A and the Warm...

danielkov86
replies: 108 views: 30,544
illsoulprod 9 hours ago

I'm trying to find a Hi Z input preamp in a guitar pedal and cannot find one. Any suggestions? I'm looking to take the output of...

drewharris
replies: 7 views: 241
psycho_monkey 9 hours ago
replies: - views: -
TomIrons 10 hours ago
replies: - views: -
11thHarmonic 13 hours ago

Hi, how does this mic sound? Not many reviews I can find so far. Would appreciate your observations. Thanks! :)

Dan B
replies: 11 views: 5,872
dickiefunk 14 hours ago

I can hardly find anything on the web about them, and I would love to start a wikipedia page about these kick ass tube...

dontfearthringo
replies: 11 views: 15,502
arsonculture 14 hours ago

I’ve bought more and more stuff for my home studio and I think it is at a point where it is causing additional stress just to...

once a roadie
replies: 35 views: 1,341
James Lehmann 14 hours ago

I'm not so up to date with music today. I know acoustic drums (and instrumentation in general) has largely been overtaken by...

ty45
replies: 248 views: 7,549
Moondog007 17 hours ago

Hi there, I ordered an API 8 slot lunchbox HC last year along with some 500 series units. Today, it started making a rather...

DavidT
replies: 1 views: 347
kev1n28 18 hours ago

Hi friends, could you give some of your recommendations on microphone selections and Mic+Preamp pairing? Like, the time when you...

citytape
replies: 19 views: 252
chessparov2.0 20 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 5,280 views: 1,142,439
blaugruen7 20 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my vocal chain at the moment. My current chain is :- Audio Technica AT4040 or JZ V11 into Audient...

dickiefunk
replies: 10 views: 1,007
chessparov2.0 20 hours ago

A test... kfhkh you have heard the story about analog input stage in the golden era of fx processors... how much it makes their...

italo de angelis
replies: 23 views: 1,215
Greg_KPX 21 hours ago

I currently have a pair of smallish 4 inch monitors (kh80) and am considering adding a pair of KRK 8 inch or 10 inch subs. One...

once a roadie
replies: 7 views: 213
joeq 21 hours ago

Hi friend :) How can i get -6 db RMS on my beats?(like call me g, soulker, lezter etc..) thanks!

Loco16
replies: 2 views: 147
ambiguous signal 22 hours ago

Currently I’m having a headache choosing the right mixer. I’ve narrowed it down to Presonus SoundLive III series but...

avetisk
replies: 24 views: 601
Arseny 22 hours ago

The hard drive in our Lexicon 960L was getting a little flaky, and sometimes it took a few times for it to boot. So I thought,...

Bozocat
replies: 56 views: 8,116
conraruther 23 hours ago

SO I was watching the "Classic albums" thing on BBC. Very cool! "sound replacing" arguments...

Blast9
replies: 250 views: 46,230
outUVphaze 23 hours ago

Hello! I'm currently getting into the world of hifi and adding a turntable to my existing music production setup. I have a...

koptic
replies: 0 views: 86
koptic 23 hours ago

I ordered the Expert Sleepers Usamo to sync my drumcomputers and synthesizers with Ableton. My goal is to press play on ableton...

GZHN89
replies: 4 views: 580
goony 23 hours ago

Moderators