The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I know a lot of people like this technique for recording drums with few mics, including me! I'm often amazed and intrigued by how...

Joniverse
replies: 31 views: 673
crestifer 2 minutes ago

I miss the sound of an old KM84 i was using before at a studio, they are not easy to find and kind of expensive if I want a pair...

laperlestudio
replies: 39 views: 880
brockorama 6 minutes ago

Hi everyone I have a pair of Vintech 573's in a BAE DLB lunchbox. Both preamps are humming. The hum gets more intense as the...

recordman23
replies: 0 views: 1
recordman23 19 minutes ago

Primarily for male/tenor vocals for pop/indie rock and ballads, some acoustic guitar and electric guitar amp reocording. Already...

ominousshaman
replies: 5 views: 298
ominousshaman 21 minutes ago

Hi there, I just bought my first Coles 4038 to use as a Drum Overhead. I got a lot of help on this forum to make this...

Mihi DDL
replies: 27 views: 1,000
MilkPossumSound 24 minutes ago

Have any of you compared the API 2500 compressor to the UAD 2500 comp? I heard the Waves vs hardware and there is a big enough...

Jason rocks
replies: 3 views: 89
Glenn Bucci 32 minutes ago

I'm looking into buying some mics for recording my drum kit at home. Initially I thought to grab some 421s or something along...

eigentone1
replies: 34 views: 683
eigentone1 32 minutes ago

Hi all! So, I know there are a lot of mic shoot-out threads in this forum, but here's my spin: I'm preparing to record an...

Kroc
replies: 45 views: 950
bcgood 35 minutes ago

You know besides the general thin sound. Was it because hifi systems of the time had a built in boosted low frequency curve?...

Darius1
replies: 183 views: 6,339
haysonics 40 minutes ago

I know this can be interpreted as very open-ended, so let me clarify and be more specific. I mixed all ITB for the last year...

littlesicily
replies: 818 views: 37,964
littlesicily 41 minutes ago

I'm sorry if this is a dopey question, but when do you think is the best time to sell studio gear on eBay or Reverb? I'm...

Resort Records
replies: 6 views: 161
ShogunOfHarlem 1 hour ago

I seem to be experiencing that. What to use with what? You could sit here all day trying to find that and not record a goddamn...

BarcelonaMusic
replies: 24 views: 811
psycho_monkey 1 hour ago

I just started looking more closely at the Waves Scheps 73 plugin I had for ages and I think it is actually really good even...

dc_r
replies: 3 views: 146
jwh1192 1 hour ago

Hey guys. Long time reader but it's my first post on GS. I need advice from singers and engineers! I spent hours in a studio...

Asim_Hussain
replies: 117 views: 2,413
kennybro 1 hour ago

does anyone have any suggestions for getting even close to the marshall time modulator sound? sadly it's out of my price range,...

turing
replies: 16 views: 1,508
rids 1 hour ago

I am considering upgrading to a Yamaha DM2000 V2 from an original expanded 02R. I like the 02R workflow but the time has more...

mamero
replies: 4 views: 738
nortestudios 1 hour ago

I’m looking for suggestions for an armless chair for a few hundred dollars that won’t squeak when you move on it (no...

JBQIII
replies: 2 views: 71
ShadowsOfLife 2 hours ago

Hi I am currently refurbishing a DDA AMR24 console and am after any spare parts that anyone might have lying around?...

psb_87
replies: 2 views: 97
xmission 2 hours ago

I'm never happy with the percussion sound I get. Yes, I understand that close-mic may not be ideal, but when I'm doing it...

Ain't Nobody
replies: 0 views: 43
Ain't Nobody 2 hours ago

So I am a drummer who is using contact mics and some 57s through various guitar pedals in live situations. I’m needing some of...

Providence
replies: 4 views: 106
Providence 2 hours ago

please post your impressions if you own or listened any EVE AUDIO monitoring system ! i'm really interested to know how they...

blackfinder
replies: 188 views: 68,307
Mr. Bars 2 hours ago

So this is what my setup currently looks like: https://i.imgur.com/s59S4ir.jpg I mainly work on electronic music for TV and...

ohmicide
replies: 10 views: 436
bowzin 3 hours ago

OK, giving away some things I didn't need yesterday was fun, and I even made a couple new friends in the process. There's a...

RawBeanZen
replies: 43,701 views: 2,294,152
foxwaves 3 hours ago

Hi, the previous thread seems to be closed for no apparent reason but there's some useful progress for people who own this desk....

Psythe
replies: 1,137 views: 152,714
ShadowAMD 3 hours ago

The Eventide 2016 hardware reverb is $2,000. The Eventide 2016 plugin reverb is $100 or $200. There must be a great great...

hhamilton
replies: 0 views: 75
hhamilton 3 hours ago

Hello! With my holiday bonus right around the corner, I'm looking to invest a bit of money into a piece of hardware. It would...

Morbin
replies: 51 views: 2,223
deedeeyeah 3 hours ago

Imagine a nightmare, where you have to sell your Bricasti M7. What would you do to reduce the pain? Is there anything in the...

Arseny
replies: 5 views: 250
Robby in WA 3 hours ago

Hey guys I'm in quite of bit of trouble. Ive been trying to figure this out on my own but I'm lost. I purchased a Burl B2...

audioman
replies: 3 views: 212
shobud 3 hours ago

Hello, I have a pair of both (just got the MS-80s). I know this can be subjective but look at my pic and see what you smart...

drfonta
replies: 0 views: 76
drfonta 4 hours ago

Anybody knows what is going on at PayPal: Paypal down? Check current status | Down Detector

Pery Petia
replies: 7 views: 242
MarkF48 4 hours ago

Hi all, Just about to get a used SM Pro Audio M patch 4m monitor controller - however, after searching a good bit online, I...

MathiasEngstrom
replies: 1 views: 78
jwh1192 4 hours ago

I am hoping, that one day soon, Metric Halo shows up at a show, announcing the new 3D upgrade.

brucerothwell
replies: 6 views: 2,326
marshalldeasy 4 hours ago

My buddy Santi -a super talented guy- was trying to push the VMS to see how close he could get it to his usual Manley...

JulianFernandez
replies: 16 views: 717
Carabinerx 5 hours ago

I just bought almost every CD Elliot Scheiner has mixed in stereo since 1990 and can't get over how great the bass and kick...

eugtone
replies: 0 views: 92
eugtone 5 hours ago

Greetings. I'm upgrading the sound in my dork cave. I've been listening to RP5s for way too long. At some point in the last...

moostapha
replies: 0 views: 67
moostapha 5 hours ago

Classic British Channel - for Chroma & DIYRE Colour ROYAL BLUE brings classic British console sound to the Colour format....

nd33
replies: 8 views: 545
chinesewhiteman 6 hours ago

when i plug a guitar or rhodes into my amp, the amp gives plenty of headroom before the amp starts to break up. when...

robotchicken
replies: 12 views: 200
bowzin 6 hours ago

Hi All! Recently purchased a new Icon, Platform M+ DAW controller. I guess my first and most important question is HAS...

Empora
replies: 8 views: 270
cqd 6 hours ago

Hi! Is it possible to transfer plug-ins without the install file? Is it possible to just copy everything on a Mac and paste it...

PerGunnar
replies: 1 views: 128
wrgkmc 7 hours ago

Hi everyone i am requesting some little help here as i am looking for sine sweep at 24bits 96 khz from 20hz to 20 khz. i...

tracks
replies: 21 views: 323
jwh1192 7 hours ago

You know what I mean. We've all got 'em! Ok, I'll go first; Why does a graphic waveform have top and bottom shapes that aren't...

juicylime
replies: 5,783 views: 578,399
jwh1192 7 hours ago

Hi! I got the chance to put my hand on a beautiful pair of ProAc Studio Tower, which are ProAc Speaker tower with ATC driver, for...

MichaelStAmour
replies: 2 views: 238
MichaelStAmour 7 hours ago

I'm looking for a speaker that is akin to the Auratone 5Cs/Avantone Mixcubes in that it has a mid-range focused sound, giving me...

anonymoused
replies: 8 views: 937
Elmbeatz 7 hours ago

500 series rack with Digital IO both AES and ADAT with XLR and DB25. Saw in 2015. Maybe a company is coming out with it this...

dzb
replies: 16 views: 4,561
mauvehead 7 hours ago

Well they have been out a while now I know there were issues at first. Have they worked these out. Are they good bad just using...

boomer81
replies: 12 views: 408
thenoodle 7 hours ago

Good Day Everyone, So i been doing a lot of research on this product. and the biggest complaint (besides bypassing the pre's)...

Delgadilloalex
replies: 16 views: 1,157
JulianFernandez 8 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 3,624 views: 770,255
DistortingJack 9 hours ago

Be interested to hear from anyone who has or has used a Kemper and Helix in a home recording setup. The Kemper is king, I get...

Terence T
replies: 6 views: 287
dosilegecko 9 hours ago

....i think this guy is amazing, and i believe he records most of his songs himself......he told me at a show, that he recorded...

Alexi
replies: 11 views: 1,315
Agnes 9 hours ago

I have a bad channel in one of my API 8200s. I took a good 2520 op amp from a API 3124+, which is easy to put in and take out. I...

Max The Dog
replies: 2 views: 247
Max The Dog 9 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search