The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,301
Views: 2,301
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi guys! Someone on my local craigslist is selling a Soundcraft Vienna console for 1800. It's in "good working...

bluefire98
replies: 3 views: 279
bluefire98 3 minutes ago

I got a pair for mixing at night and I hate them. I find them brittle, and thin. My Audio Technica ATH-M50's sound much better....

sventvkg
replies: 36 views: 11,618
latweek 3 minutes ago

Hi all, How common and essential are exciter processors/plugs/etc. As always thanks so much, ben

ob1
replies: 4 views: 252
toledo3 9 minutes ago

I just bought my first (used) 550a, and I'm trying to figure out when it was made, in case I want to match it up with another for...

Disco1Disco2
replies: 9 views: 290
Disco1Disco2 25 minutes ago

I know this can be interpreted as very open-ended, so let me clarify and be more specific. I mixed all ITB for the last year...

littlesicily
replies: 965 views: 49,065
drBill 30 minutes ago

Like the title reads... Whose the "real deal"? Thanks, Chris

chessparov2.0
replies: 86 views: 2,066
sroreilly 36 minutes ago

EQP-KT | Equalizers | Signal Processors | Klarkteknik | Categories | MUSIC Group Price anyone?

t-bone
replies: 868 views: 90,680
Friedrik83 37 minutes ago

For some reason Jims thread about this device was locked. Anyhow, it seems to be quite good. This rewiever compares it to mytek...

ak75
replies: 18 views: 709
Jim Williams 43 minutes ago

Hi Everyone, I've been looking for a good voice over mic for the last several years and through advice here and a lot of testing...

Jakash
replies: 4 views: 314
Jakash 52 minutes ago

I am in the market for an analog console that would be on par (or better) that a Toft ATB. I'm curious about the Soundtracs...

uptoolate
replies: 35 views: 5,794
Funny Cat 1 hour ago

Justice, especially the Cross album, but also many Daft Punk songs have that special sound to it. Sounds like it has a lot to do...

erike123
replies: 10 views: 554
Zukk 1 hour ago

Considering buying a 2nd hand Manley Vari-Mu..... Any tips on the various versions out there? Which serials to go for or...

contramark
replies: 14 views: 577
matucha 1 hour ago

I really dig the Elliot Smith albums Rob Schnapf did with Tom Rothrock. I also really like the sound of the first Foo record,...

max cooper
replies: 2,202 views: 271,687
bleen 1 hour ago

Hello, GS folks. Recently I've acquired IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors for occasional mobile production. However I liked...

greedy.mf
replies: 26 views: 2,143
ac_music 1 hour ago

Hey Guys, here is a shootout I did comparing the Apogee Symphony MkI to an AD-16x. I made up a quick little jam and played...

ToneAlive
replies: 23 views: 878
cheu78 2 hours ago

well, I really didn´t see that coming. I did a preamp comparison today, reamped my e-guitar and recorded the take two times with...

___GLM___
replies: 44 views: 2,213
kafka 2 hours ago

Has anyone heard of Ross Martin Audio. He has a 2 channel ad converter for $200, and a 2 channel Da converter for $300. Using...

The Convicted
replies: 396 views: 72,721
ac_music 2 hours ago

Is the sound workshop yahoo group closed down? If not anyone have a link? I can’t find it at all:/

crzmky
replies: 0 views: 64
crzmky 2 hours ago

Since people are now receiving their ZULU, and testing it, I think it's time for a new thread dedicated to ZULU. I got mine this...

Rob Coates
replies: 1,414 views: 101,861
alexvigore 2 hours ago

My 500 rack is hungry, and i want to feed it a mono 500 compressor swiss army knife. I have been digging around and found a few...

critza
replies: 3 views: 175
critza 3 hours ago

I had to move out of my home temporarily and am living with family. They have a fairly large room they have let me use as my...

saffirepro40
replies: 41 views: 1,062
pentagon 3 hours ago

Hello- I am looking for any good recommendations for a tube microphone for a warm and full and forward sound for female vocals...

MusicLady1
replies: 20 views: 1,479
hughshouse 5 hours ago

Hey there, I’m thinking about switching to new monitors and was hoping to get some feedback on my configuration. Right now...

Athena93
replies: 7 views: 266
askomiko 5 hours ago

Just wanted to recommend that literally every engineer / producer / musician look into some sort of room correction software. I...

YRLK
replies: 22 views: 1,677
mhelin 5 hours ago

Hi I recently got hold of a Tascam DR 100 mkiii and for some reason, I can not get the external mics to work, no sound is...

TygeEpli
replies: 0 views: 78
TygeEpli 5 hours ago

It's been while, hope you're all well. I've been ok with the vocals I've been recording and mixing for several years, but I...

GRiFF
replies: 189 views: 5,991
NamelessUnknown 5 hours ago

Hopefully this isn't too broad of an inquiry. I'm currently looking to start investing in a vocal chain of 500 Series units and a...

pritchardsmith
replies: 14 views: 506
Jannik 6 hours ago

As mtr 90 thread, can we also have a thread for MX80 users on tips, finding spares, fault finding, sharing any ideas about the...

haystack
replies: 65 views: 6,269
Antony Scott 8 hours ago

Haven't heard much about this since they've been out. Saw the VK video and it seem nice enough but would be cool to hear from...

satmon
replies: 13 views: 639
Wiggy Neve Slut 8 hours ago
replies: - views: -
Wayne 8 hours ago

I've seen a lot of folks using mics positioned in front of the drummer's knee recently, between the top of the kick shell and the...

skycaptain
replies: 29 views: 1,198
andychamp 8 hours ago

Ok, so there are often threads on here about famous records that were made in bedroom/home studios etc, but I'm just wondering if...

marcreeves
replies: 23 views: 5,580
OneLittleDude 9 hours ago

Hi everyone I'm trying to get started with a Rode NT1-A, but I'm having trouble finding the "sweet spot". The tone is...

VictoriaSobocki
replies: 10 views: 551
Ogilthorpe 9 hours ago

My OCD has been bugging me about this one. Can't seem to find consistent use on this anywhere. I've found magazine articles +...

Charles Dye
replies: 235 views: 28,595
Timothy Lawler 10 hours ago

Anywhere I can hear sounds from MELLOTRON Sound Card 02 and 03??

erike123
replies: 5 views: 365
erike123 11 hours ago

My GR ME1NV... Looking to add an 1176. What say you?

jkung
replies: 118 views: 5,885
RKeefe1032 13 hours ago

why has no one ever made one of these? somebody get on that. i'll take a "small" royalty for being the idea...

malaclypse
replies: 43 views: 4,132
pcbiz 14 hours ago

did they phase invert the gtr on some songs to make space fo his vocal or was it a mistake? my copy has some songs with a full...

Sigma
replies: 3 views: 383
vernier 14 hours ago

I need to convert an 8ch AES/EBU DB25 output to either ADAT optical or balanced analog. What’s a cost effective way of...

jerry123
replies: 7 views: 365
latweek 14 hours ago

Im recording some bass, just wondering if anyone has tried, or knows if I can go direct out from my head (little mark tube 800)...

Kasko
replies: 3 views: 171
Funny Cat 14 hours ago

Hello all! I’m new to the forms and have decided to dive into the world of hardware soon! Originally I was decided to pick up a...

antunica
replies: 0 views: 162
antunica 15 hours ago

I still use a pair of KRK 7000b monitors and one of the kevlar tweeters has finally died. Is anyone making replacements for...

Ken Walker
replies: 1 views: 177
ZEF 15 hours ago

Calling out 'round the world to... Folks like like Bob Ohlsson/Mike Tarsia/Bobby Eli/Bushman, et al, to chime on. Also welcome...

chessparov2.0
replies: 364 views: 12,193
bgood 16 hours ago

I am considering buying a Soundcraft GB4 mixing console and had a few questions about the build quality. Are the knobs really...

ckett
replies: 4 views: 721
Pinehurst 16 hours ago

Really great record. Has that 70's LA studio feel. Anyone know any details on this? I know it was recording at Studio One in...

brothertony
replies: 15 views: 1,149
Dokterrock 16 hours ago

Hey, We have two of these in my studio. They have only been used for about a month now and out of the 8 total channels...

crying1986
replies: 4 views: 898
GoodGrowl 17 hours ago

I am thinking to get an analog multiband compression to make the final lifting of a setup which is focused on an analog mixer. I...

Langur
replies: 13 views: 479
deedeeyeah 17 hours ago

Hello guys, Eventually, there should come the moment for me to ask stupid questions here. I have a Rode NT1000 and an Oktava...

berau
replies: 0 views: 153
berau 18 hours ago

I was trying to be lazy and not get the soldering iron out. I have a bunch of TRS to TRS cables Mogami and trying to connect to...

Seditionary
replies: 5 views: 552
imloggedin 19 hours ago
replies: - views: -
allen7ny 20 hours ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search