The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

So much gear, so little time

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I've been wondering for awhile why most of us prefer the sound of analog gear generally speaking. Yes, I know digital has come a...

Gears
replies: 713 views: 13,072
Karloff70 1 minute ago

Just curious. Is anyone still using hardware reverb units in the studio since we have a LOT of awesome reverb plugins like...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 164 views: 10,549
jrakarl 1 minute ago

My budget is $1000 to $2000. Could someone please recommend a suitable microphone ? I sing folk/country/blues. Joni Mitchell...

Fiona Goodwin
replies: 20 views: 570
hughshouse 18 minutes ago

I just bought almost every CD Elliot Scheiner has mixed in stereo since 1990 and can't get over how great the bass and kick...

eugtone
replies: 28 views: 1,064
psycho_monkey 51 minutes ago

The mic that the male at the 4 second mark is using. The mic the females are using would be cool to know as well. Thanks-

Krush411
replies: 3 views: 84
elegentdrum 56 minutes ago

Read many of the reviews and threads here on them. Thinking of moving to powered NF monitors and these seem like a good...

travisbrown
replies: 56 views: 7,489
2046 1 hour ago

Bongiorno! I recently bought an used AKAI MG1214 for dead cheap, unfortunatly this little tank (40kg) doesnt made it in my...

CarlOcolucci
replies: 2 views: 513
bobtheninja 2 hours ago

Hi, I recently got really annoyed because I have this distortion, almost acid kinda sound that comes along with my SH-101...

pastuermer
replies: 0 views: 41
pastuermer 2 hours ago

I have been looking quite extensivly at the feature set and layout of the AMS-Neve genesys black and I must say I am totally...

ARIEL
replies: 6 views: 546
ARIEL 2 hours ago

The thing that I see the most on this site regarding the u87ai is that even though it might not sound great solo'd or during...

Krush411
replies: 3 views: 96
Krush411 3 hours ago

Hi, I’ve been considering the ISK 2B Beauty mic for recording vocals but I have been recommended the Avantone CV-12 by a...

dickiefunk
replies: 4 views: 198
Ragan 3 hours ago

Ok, so I've been using my Venice F32 for a few weeks now and I thought it could be useful to create a thread about some tips...

lozion
replies: 141 views: 13,619
mrbump 4 hours ago

Hey, Is it possible to control my MS200R with my MIDI Keyboard Controller (Nektar iX61) easily or do I need to connect my...

replies: 1 views: 142
James Wilsey 4 hours ago

Hi Guys I am coming to the US and would like to organizing a Stam Audio showcase/demo day so you get to try our new products...

joshuanaconda
replies: 3 views: 230
mrhappy 5 hours ago

Would like to get opinions about 500 series stereo compressors. I am looking to purchase one for my rack. Currently have 1176,...

Bonsaimaster
replies: 4 views: 564
thismercifulfate 5 hours ago

II few weeks ago heyokay posted a thread about recording drums only with dynamic mics. Read it here I’ve done this here and...

Drumsound
replies: 12 views: 252
Drumsound 7 hours ago

I love this recording, the acoustic guitar is sublime... as well as the song, anybody know how it was recorded, such nice depth...

patshep
replies: 0 views: 141
patshep 7 hours ago

When I record myself (I'm singing and playing the acoustic guitar) with two cardioid mics at the same time I ALWAYS get phasing...

erictries2record
replies: 234 views: 5,014
Rockabilly69 9 hours ago

I know this can be interpreted as very open-ended, so let me clarify and be more specific. I mixed all ITB for the last year...

littlesicily
replies: 994 views: 53,047
Funny Cat 9 hours ago

A hypothetical challenge for you Gearslutz! If you could record a drum kit with only dynamic microphones, how would you go...

heyokay
replies: 23 views: 809
Drumsound 9 hours ago

So while miking up the ol drum kit the other day, a thought popped in my head. When dealing with dynamic cardioid mics on toms,...

bluefire98
replies: 8 views: 344
thismercifulfate 10 hours ago

So I’m finally in my new forever studio build... purpose built and aggressively acoustically treated space... I’m...

bgood
replies: 47 views: 1,330
bgood 10 hours ago

So, I’ve had a pair of Yamaha HS50m’s for probably nearly 10 years now that I’ve always used as my home monitors. Before...

jax_rox
replies: 0 views: 132
jax_rox 10 hours ago

I'm getting a great sound out of my ssl x-desk, but it's overloading when printing back into logic. If i turn the master down on...

Lamik
replies: 2 views: 367
thismercifulfate 10 hours ago

I am about to make my first "virtual" microphone purchase and wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to compare the...

MrTunes7
replies: 28 views: 4,326
Owen L T 11 hours ago

i tried to make this short but eff it, impossible. Plus i owe the audio universal a glimpse into this journey. Long story short....

SlutGroupie
replies: 472 views: 18,483
shoepedals 11 hours ago

My main interest regarding the R-10 is-How is it for vocals? Will it really help me sing just like Bing or Frank?;) If anyone...

chessparov2.0
replies: 0 views: 173
chessparov2.0 11 hours ago

Hi Has anybody tried the Beyer M81? Never heard about it, but I have the opportunity to get one for a pretty low price, about...

thomasdf
replies: 9 views: 11,307
paulreed 11 hours ago

Calling out 'round the world to... Folks like like Bob Ohlsson/Mike Tarsia/Bobby Eli/Bushman, et al, to chime on. Also welcome...

chessparov2.0
replies: 560 views: 16,950
chessparov2.0 11 hours ago

I like listening to songs with awesome heavy guitar sounds. What songs have your favorite heavy guitar sounds?

excellrec
replies: 348 views: 52,460
Jackie Moon 12 hours ago

I got a dead FF800 which I'd like to repair. I used the PS unit from a working FF800 and the dead unit came alive, so obviously...

gilwe
replies: 51 views: 14,644
mfx 12 hours ago

I know this has been discussed many times but I need a pair of headphones to do mixing on late at night since I don't have too...

CKenterpro
replies: 3,814 views: 800,330
Disco1Disco2 13 hours ago

i ordered some atsacoustics absorbers and now i need a few diffusers for my room.. anyone know where to buy affordable yet...

gsjim
replies: 29 views: 2,130
sdelsolray 13 hours ago

NOTE YOU MAY DIE IF YOU GET A SHORT USE AT OWN RISK take a copper braided flat wire about 1/4 inch wide connect one end to...

Sigma
replies: 11 views: 483
Bitsmith 13 hours ago

Hi, I am planning to upgrade from Apollo to Hilo. I want to know if I record a Vocal or Instrument, can I add a efx during...

antilife
replies: 7 views: 398
monkeyxx 14 hours ago

Hey Guys, I've been looking on GearSlutz for a while now and can't seem to find any comparisons with the 2ND GEN 18i20 and the...

hurricaneharold
replies: 1 views: 203
monkeyxx 14 hours ago

I love tape and not going into the argument at this time. However cant get into tape in my setup. Which AD will get me closest...

Rea
replies: 6 views: 375
monkeyxx 14 hours ago

The title is self explanatory. The WA-47 is created after the Neumann, and the CB-29 doesn't clone anything in particular but it...

ttattwa
replies: 106 views: 4,729
Shannon Adkins 15 hours ago

I went through the trouble of organizing for the sake of my patch bay so I wanted to post my setup here for any advice. Making...

mixmastermulliga
replies: 0 views: 150
mixmastermulliga 16 hours ago

Hi guys, I'm building a professional sound recording studio in my home. Here's my plan: Plan A. Connect all sound equipments...

rockman413
replies: 12 views: 510
rockman413 16 hours ago

I somewhat started in the music production era of 2001. I started with just a pc, a DAW and some plugs. I eventually got myself a...

Sweck
replies: 249 views: 11,282
EMMST 17 hours ago

Dear all Gearslutz! :) I have saved up around 2000 bucks & I am looking to upgrade my vocal chain. I currently...

Producer.101
replies: 173 views: 7,186
kushyman 17 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking to maximize the lifespan of my RE301. So far, I only switch it on when I actually use it. That happens on a...

extrawelt
replies: 1 views: 385
kafka 18 hours ago

Welcome fellow si'ers! The web support and discussion arena for these great mixers is seriously lacking. The Facebook page is...

mintaka007
replies: 263 views: 19,183
benxiwf 22 hours ago

I recently picked up a DP/2 that is in need of some TLC , looks like some SMD components fried due to a faulty power supply. I am...

CathodeRay
replies: 3 views: 302
CathodeRay 23 hours ago

Hi there, One of the things I've always liked about his solo records is how well the vocals sit. Sometimes they're on the...

riquier
replies: 16 views: 1,305
zinzin 1 day ago

Hi all, Obviously I am not the only one who is using old Soundcraft desks, and since Soundcraft does not stock parts from the...

livingloud
replies: 32 views: 1,418
boneshowell 1 day ago

Hi all someone have had chance to compare the DBX 1066 VS SSL 4000 Channel Comp-Lim ? thanks for any post about yingyang

wavewalker
replies: 0 views: 276
wavewalker 1 day ago

It's always been my dream to have a 1" 8-track 300 series Ampex. Recently been thinking about it more. Obviously, 8 track...

jdurango
replies: 6 views: 397
jdurango 1 day ago

After a long wait the first Silver Bullets started trickling out and I was one of the first to receive one. As fate would have it...

Talljoe
replies: 2,121 views: 140,058
drewbonez 1 day ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search