The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What to replace my Apogess with
Old 29th March 2015
Gear Addict
What to replace my Apogess with

I would like to replace my Apogee AD/DA 16x with something honest and transparent..any suggestions..I need 16 in and 16 out and I print the mixes through it as well...
Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

Symphony
Old 29th March 2015
Lives for gear

Mytek, RME, Symphony
Old 29th March 2015
Just saw an Aurora go for 1500 on ebay
Old 30th March 2015
metric halo Uln
Old 30th March 2015
Gear Nut

If you liked the sound of apogee and wants a bit of improvement, I would highly recommend symphony I/O. If you want something different do you want something in better class? Or similar class? There are many options but why would you like to upgrade and what are you looking for this uograde?
Old 30th March 2015
Actually I changed my mind. I highly recommend the Behringer ADA8000
Old 30th March 2015
Lives for gear

What’s wrong with Avid HD I/O?
Old 30th March 2015
Gear Addict
I want to improve the clarity and quality of my recordings and I love me 16x series but I think they impart a sound so to speak! I use a Symphony card in a pci-e chassis via thunderbolt as of now!
Old 30th March 2015
Gear Addict
I dont think there is anything wrong with the avid but I would have to buy a card so that jacks the price up..I want to just pull my apogees out and put in the replacement with all the same routing and cabling(DB25)
Old 30th March 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourcefor View Post
I dont think there is anything wrong with the avid but I would have to buy a card so that jacks the price up..I want to just pull my apogees out and put in the replacement with all the same routing and cabling(DB25)
Symphony is the obvious choice then. Maybe the Lynx with tb option card, but I'm not sure sonically that'd be a forward step.

Everything else requires more configuration.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search